Core To Faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
Okay, I am a Christian now and I was going to post this in a "public" forum/part of the board, but I don't have the permissions.Hopefully here, there still can be some good discussion though.What's core to your faith and why?I'm not looking for say, just one or three things list, just say whatever is core to your faith, whether that be one thing or 20 things.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Pildit;66656)
Okay, I am a Christian now and I was going to post this in a "public" forum/part of the board, but I don't have the permissions.Hopefully here, there still can be some good discussion though.What's core to your faith and why?I'm not looking for say, just one or three things list, just say whatever is core to your faith, whether that be one thing or 20 things.
The core of my Faith, cometh from God Words as He told us everything. (Mark 13:23) The core of my Faith is, God's comes first and it is for our own good and the fact that I want to love Him. Everybody has free will to either love Him or not. (John 14:15)

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Jordan;66658)
The core of my Faith, cometh from God Words as He told us everything. (Mark 13:23) The core of my Faith is, God's comes first and it is for our own good and the fact that I want to love Him. Everybody has free will to either love Him or not. (John 14:15)
Let me get straight what your saying here (and note I said YOU, not just the Bible).The core of your faith is God? And the fact you love him?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Pildit;66669)
(Jordan;66658)
Let me get straight what your saying here (and note I said YOU, not just the Bible).The core of your faith is God? And the fact you love him?I love Him because I want to please Him and that requires Faith. (Hebrews 11:6) God has told everything to begin with. He wants our love. He doesn't expect much from anybody. After all He is a Father.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I always had faith there was a God (faith trust in things not seen)then in a crisis I asked for proof that lead me to study the Bible the more I study the more I have come to know him and know this book could never have been written by man it answers every question all men have you may have to search a little but the answer is there questions of past present future, there are many levels and many mysteries revealed in its words ... it is all connected though written down by different men thousands of years apart with differnt beliefs Genesis for example is the sister book to Revelation.. every Word of it is inspired by God ...

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Jordan;66671)
I love Him because I want to please Him and that requires Faith. (Hebrews 11:6) God has told everything to begin with. He wants our love. He doesn't expect much from anybody. After all He is a Father.
Maybe I should clarify here... What's core to your faith? God? Jesus? That Jesus died for you? Faith? Love? Anger? The need for love? The need for something to hold on to?(Christina;66682)
I always had faith there was a God (faith trust in things not seen)then in a crisis I asked for proof that lead me to study the Bible the more I study the more I have come to know him and know this book could never have been written by man it answers every question all men have you may have to search a little but the answer is there questions of past present future, there are many levels and many mysteries revealed in its words ... it is all connected though written down by different men thousands of years apart with differnt beliefs Genesis for example is the sister book to Revelation.. every Word of it is inspired by God ...
So your core, if faith first, then answers from the bible? (Not convinced the bible answers everything at this point in time).

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I felt the same once so I understand what you are saying It was learning the Bible that gave me knowledgable unshakable faith not the light weight stuff they teach in most churches but deeper meat there are so many deeper things one could not learn them all in a lifetime the surface text is only the beginning ...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Pildit;66703)
(Jordan;66671)
I love Him because I want to please Him and that requires Faith. (Hebrews 11:6) God has told everything to begin with. He wants our love. He doesn't expect much from anybody. After all He is a Father.
Maybe I should clarify here... What's core to your faith? God? Jesus? That Jesus died for you? Faith? Love? Anger? The need for love? The need for something to hold on to?(Christina;66682)
So your core, if faith first, then answers from the bible? (Not convinced the bible answers everything at this point in time).My core to Faith is God, God died for us that we may live for us. My core to Faith is that God can never lie. It's His Truth that giveth me to know what Love, life is all about. Trusting God and His Words and to study it for ourselves in correct way(s) is what gives me unshakenable faith. Kind of like what Christina said also.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Christina;66705)
Well I felt the same once so I understand what you are saying It was learning the Bible that gave me knowledgable unshakable faith not the light weight stuff they teach in most churches but deeper meat there are so many deeper things one could not learn them all in a lifetime the surface text is only the beginning ...
Hmm well, many books have deeper meanings, often dependant upon what you're going through in your life at the time.(Jordan;66707)
My core to Faith is God, God died for us that we may live for us. My core to Faith is that God can never lie. It's His Truth that giveth me to know what Love, life is all about. Trusting God and His Words and to study it for ourselves in correct way(s) is what gives me unshakenable faith. Kind of like what Christina said also.
Okay, thank you.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No you are not getting what Im saying this has nothing to do with my personal life this is Gods Wisdom I make posts of deeper lessons everyday I have learned it has nothing to do with me its an answer to someone else's questions its learning how to understand the way God teaches ... For example his symbology he teaches through pictures as well as Words but the key is letting the book translate the symbology not men... He tells us a parabable about the field ..then he tells us the field is the World ..so we have a picture/symbol and an explanation of the symbol ..This is just one simple example there are thousands waters can be = peoples ......stars can be = Angels ...trees can be = men ... God interpts all these things in his Word and when you read a verse understanding the symbols you can see a deeper or different understanding sometimes it just enhances the text sometimes its a differnt message altogether but it all fits together like a jigsaw puzzel with every piece fitting perfectley its pretty amazing and never fails to leave me in awe.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;66711)
No you are not getting what Im saying this has nothing to do with my personal life this is Gods Wisdom I make posts of deeper lessons everyday I have learned it has nothing to do with me its an answer to someone else's questions its learning how to understand the way God teaches ... For example his symbology he teaches through pictures as well as Words but the key is letting the book translate the symbology not men... He tells us a parabable about the field ..then he tells us the field is the World ..so we have a picture/symbol and an explanation of the symbol ..This is just one simple example there are thousands waters can be = peoples ......stars can be = Angels ...trees can be = men ... God interpts all these things in his Word and when you read a verse understanding the symbols you can see a deeper or different understanding sometimes it just enhances the text sometimes its a differnt message altogether but it all fits together like a jigsaw puzzel with every piece fitting perfectley its pretty amazing and never fails to leave me in awe.
Christina, that post is so difinately 100% true.This post, Pildit, is what God truly about. God never puts a single attention on Himself, but rather putting attention to where it belongs, like we should do as well, as we are to be like Him, following Him. We should learn to put attention where it belongs instead of focusing our wants.

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Christina;66711)
I don't fail to see the symbols in most instances, however the very often hit home more so when it's to do with ones own life or the life of persons around them and can be very broad in that way.Anyway, so what IS core to your faith... knowledge? Wisdom?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Wisdom comes from God without Gods wisdom true Knowledge of the Word is impossible one can gain a worldly view of God Words. By that I mean you can read the words and understand what they say but without Gods wisdom they do not have the proper meaning ... For example: One can read all about being in LOVE but they are just words you think you understand ..until you experience it ..Its only then you realize the Words could never convey the totality of LOVE , Words can not express a thing that must be felt with your entire being to understand ... Only by experiencing it can you gain wisdom about what love truly means. Until that time one actully experiences Love one just has knowledge of what it is but no wisdom about it. So it is with Gods word without the Wisdom of God to experience the Words you will never gain full understanding of what they mean with just knowledge alone ... What I mean here is, say I read a verse I do not understand .. I can read the verse a hundred times and not gain any further knowledge than the first time I read it ..I ask for Gods wisdom .... From out of nowhere suddenly the answer floods into my heart/mind often with information I didn't even know like how its fits where it fits what it means ... and its accompanied by a feeling I cant really explain I feel it as well as understand it. That's about the best I can explain the difference to you

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
I feel like I almost overuse this verse, but I just want to point out the fear - think in the sense of fearful reverence - is only the beginning of knowledge/wisdom. This is sort of indicative of the entire beginning relationship to God. It's initially built on these things, but as this verse purports, that is only the start. Proverbs describes wisdom as being with God from the very beginning; almost in the sense of a bride. That's why it's perhaps my own favorite book in the entire Bible. There is so much there.As Chris said, there is a relationship that develops. And a lot of good people and Christian people will tell you they've reached that plateau and they haven't - that's not me judging, that's just recognizing different levels. It's the peace beyond all understanding spoken of in the New Testament:Phillippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
The center of Christianity is Christ aka known as God. People often point to the Old Testament as the book of Laws (the Torah) as do many of the Jewish tradition. The problem with that is that it disregards the rest of the book which is most symbolized by Hosea 6:6 for me personally. This saw fulfillment in the person of Christ. God desires your love above all and Christians, true Christians, similarly desire for the inverse.So yes, in a sense, it's love, but it's so much more than the word love can convey. It's peace, wisdom, hope, strength, love and more all rolled up into one. One God.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
The core of my faith obviously is Jesus and the word of God.As to why I believe,,, After a decade of alcohol abuse, I got a word from God. "You don't have much time! I will not put up with this much longer! Come back to me!(I'm not certian if he said come back to me, but that's what I understood it" So, what could I do? After much trying to get into rehab, with every attempt a failure, (looking back, knowing deep inside that God was wanting me to lean on him and not man)"I" decided, if it kills me or everyone around me I'm done. So, I quit, I had one slip, It was like I wasn't the one drinking. Like I was sitting beside myself. It seemed completely against my nature to do what I was doing. Mind you, I wrestled with God all the way to the liquor store that day, but he gave me the "venom" I was so determined to get. After that day I don't have a single craving physically and not much more than minor temptation mentally but rarely. I know God has done this for me because when I first quit God gave me moments when the "Jones" gripped me so tight I thought I was put in a vaccum. Very shortly after it would disapear alltogether. I knew he was showing me that without him I could not be staying sober. It seemed he was talking to me telling me about this. Since then it's like a flood gate in my mind has opened up. I know God is showing me mercy, and He's now able to work in my life like he's wanted to all those years. Everything has turned around. This is just the tip of the iceburg of my faith, but as for a reason for proof this is what I offer up.