Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you obeying HIS LAST instructions before going to the Garden of Gethsemane ?

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Proof is not in your excuses, it's in your OBEDIENCE.
Bobby Jo
You carry a sword? Must make it awkward at the grocery store.

Reactions: Giuliano and marks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And something you never thought would ever be said by anyone, anytime...

"Pence is a better president than the president we actually have."
Of course Pence would be a better pres. He knows how not to fly off the handle at every little thing. Trump's better than the alternatives, but sometimes he's like a third grader with ADD.

Reactions: Giuliano

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you obeying HIS LAST instructions before going to the Garden of Gethsemane ?

Lke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

Proof is not in your excuses, it's in your OBEDIENCE.
Bobby Jo

What about His last instructions before going to the cross? Why be so selective?

52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Is this how you want to die?

Don't you see that you are taking passages out of context? Applying them in ways that are not given in Scripture?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy and Pisteuo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you see that you are taking passages out of context? ...

One context is when Jesus is still on earth with HIS disciples; the second context is when he would no longer be with HIS disciples.

Seems pretty clear to me, -- but I'm not making excuses. I'm simply obeying what Jesus said, -- and I guess that's too obvious.

Do what you will, -- and receive your "reward",
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, no, I don't like when anyone botches anything. I think this crisis is being used for political purposes on both sides of the aisle.

But...c'mon, ANOTHER hating on Trump thread? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I hope Congress gives the Trump administration the money to buy all the oil they ask for. With the price of oil down, it is a good time to build up the American oil reserves. It may not keep all the oil wells operating, but it could help cushion some of the pain of oil producers and help stabilize the market a little. I don't know if it was Trump's idea personally; but it is a sensible thing to do, for sure.

US seeks $3 billion to boost oil producers as prices plunge

The Trump administration said Thursday it is seeking $3 billion from Congress to top up the country’s strategic petroleum reserves, potentially propping up U.S. oil producers after crude prices crashed globally.

President Donald Trump had directed the Energy Department last week to fill the United States’ emergency stash of crude oil to the top, over objections from congressional Democrats who said he was favoring climate-damaging fossil fuels and the profits of oil giants.

Plummeting crude prices benefited U.S. consumers filling up their cars, Trump said Thursday. “But on the other hand, it hurts a great industry, and a very powerful industry,” Trump told reporters.
West Texas crude prices fell below $21 a barrel Wednesday after oil producers Russia and Saudi Arabia stepped up pumping, threatening the market share of U.S. oil, and as the coronavirus moved the world toward recession and tamped-down consumer demand for energy.

Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette told reporters Thursday the move was about filling up the country’s 713.5 million barrel Strategic Petroleum Reserve at a time of cheap oil, not about throwing U.S. oil producers a lifeline in rough markets. The reserves are stashed underground in Texas and Louisiana.

I really can't agree with the Democrats who objected. I don't see it as favoring fossil fuels -- rather it's buying oil low to build up reserves, just in case we do need them.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One context is when Jesus is still on earth with HIS disciples; the second context is when he would no longer be with HIS disciples.

Seems pretty clear to me, -- but I'm not making excuses. I'm simply obeying what Jesus said, -- and I guess that's too obvious.

Do what you will, -- and receive your "reward",
Bobby Jo
Play it any way you want, that's up to you.

Or, understand the real meaning of the passage.

Up to you.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And something you never thought would ever be said by anyone, anytime...

"Pence is a better president than the president we actually have."
Pence seems to understand that a politician has little to gain by painting reporters as his enemies. Much of the time, reporters rely on the government for information. Indeed, many Presidents have skillfully manipulated the press since if they say something, they know the press will repeat it. The President has a lot of control over what makes the news.

It is strange indeed that we have a "Press Secretary" who has not held a single press conference. Someone said, "We have a press secretary with more drunk driving convictions on her record than press conferences." What is going on there? The claim is made that she does her job more quietly behind the scenes; but really now, if the White House wants to get its positions presented on television and radio news, they need someone who can speak publicly. Trump is making things worse when he tries to explain things.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Play it any way you want, that's up to you.
Or, understand the real meaning of the passage.
Up to you.

I suspect you'll find out EXACTLY what it means, but will it be too late? -- Most likely.

Bobby Jo

To All,

Back in the 1950's the Sci-Fi movies were about GIANT IRRADIATED KILLER ANTS, due to the apprehensions of nuclear war and associated fall-out. But today the movies are about ZOMBIES. So who are the ZOMBIES, except us. And who are the HUMANS, except the Government. So when there are shortages, the "ZOMBIES" will rush the stores, and the "HUMANS" will shoot the "ZOMBIES". And most people won't have their purse, their bag, and their sword to Provide, Preserve, and Protect themselves.

But GOD sends HIS messengers to declare HIS Word so that none should perish, -- if any will hear.

Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect you'll find out EXACTLY what it means, but will it be too late? -- Most likely.

Bobby Jo

To All,

Back in the 1950's the Sci-Fi movies were about GIANT IRRADIATED KILLER ANTS, due to the apprehensions of nuclear war and associated fall-out. But today the movies are about ZOMBIES. So who are the ZOMBIES, except us. And who are the HUMANS, except the Government. So when there are shortages, the "ZOMBIES" will rush the stores, and the "HUMANS" will shoot the "ZOMBIES". And most people won't have their purse, their bag, and their sword to Provide, Preserve, and Protect themselves.

But GOD sends HIS messengers to declare HIS Word so that none should perish, -- if any will hear.

Bobby Jo
So none would perish? Are you planning to shoot you way out of death in this world? No man has power in the day of his death.

It sounds like you are saying I should trust in my own arm to save me, get some guns . . .

And do you compare yourself to a zombie??

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo

To All,

Bobby Jo
Gun sales are up. Way up. It reminds me of when Obama was elected and white people expected a race war or something so rushed off to buy guns.

What could possibly go wrong with "God's anointed one" Donald Trump as President? Why do you need more guns and ammo when he's President?

Who's buying the guns now? Why are they buying them? Are they afraid President Trump can't maintain law and order?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Are you planning to shoot you way out of death in this world?

Are you crazy? The best firearm is the one that is never fired. Most cops never discharge their firearms in anger. Their possession is sufficient.

And anyone who plunders a store because they're hungry, WILL BE SHOT, -- or so the premise goes. But those who have a PURSE to buy things; a BAG with provisions; and a SWORD to protect themselves, will have better chance:

Esther 8:11 By these the king allowed the Jews who were in every city to gather and defend their lives, to destroy, to slay, and to annihilate any armed force of any people or province that might attack them, with their children and women, and to plunder their goods,

And personally, I don't care if you survive into the Millennial Kingdom. I just don't want YOUR BLOOD on MY HEAD. And now you've been warned, so we're done.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you crazy? The best firearm is the one that is never fired. Most cops never discharge their firearms in anger. Their possession is sufficient.

And anyone who plunders a store because they're hungry, WILL BE SHOT, -- or so the premise goes. But those who have a PURSE to buy things; a BAG with provisions; and a SWORD to protect themselves, will have better chance:

Esther 8:11 By these the king allowed the Jews who were in every city to gather and defend their lives, to destroy, to slay, and to annihilate any armed force of any people or province that might attack them, with their children and women, and to plunder their goods,

And personally, I don't care if you survive into the Millennial Kingdom. I just don't want YOUR BLOOD on MY HEAD. And now you've been warned, so we're done.

Good Luck,
Bobby Jo
OK.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the question they need to be asking is why? What is different about Italy?

They imposed stricter travel restrictions, than the rest of the EU, and assumed that the disease would be easily "contained."

Sound familiar?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. Are you familiar with the Proverbs?

Provrbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
lest he be wise in his own eyes.

Bobby Jo
Doesn't it get you in trouble at the post office and Walmart? I mean, I love big knives too, but people tend to frown on carrying them in certain places these days.

Reactions: Yehren

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gun sales are up. Way up. It reminds me of when Obama was elected and white people expected a race war or something so rushed off to buy guns.

What could possibly go wrong with "God's anointed one" Donald Trump as President? Why do you need more guns and ammo when he's President?

Who's buying the guns now? Why are they buying them? Are they afraid President Trump can't maintain law and order?
I think it's all the people who were anti gun two weeks ago. Lots of first time buyers.

Reactions: Giuliano

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_dry.png
The recent mass hysteria over this virus reminds me of the 1938 War of the Worlds radio broadcast and the panic that caused. Whether or not the broadcast was an intentional psychological operation is irrelevant. One thing that is certain, is that certain alphabet agencies that specialize in being con artists like the C.I.A, and the very media that was responsible for the broadcast were taking notes on how easy it is to manipulate people. I think this Covid-19 issue is at the very least way overblown, if not a total hoax. it shows how you can get the whole world in fear over just a few carefully constructed words in the media. Covid-19 is just "War of the Worlds" part 3. The alleged 9/11 attacks was part 2.

Orson Welles - War Of The Worlds - Radio Broadcast 1938 - (Starts @17:53 mark):

Last edited: