Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it'd help if there were some examples of what you're talking about. That way we'd be able to figure out what is responsible reporting and what is sensationalism.

I'll point out again that the CNN article that @Hobie first complained about was all factual.
Well, there is both, I think! I've been reading too much news! Going back under my rock now.

I was just reading how China supplies like 80% of the ingredients for American pharmeceuticals. Don't know if that's true . . . but I wouldn't be surprised!

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it'd help if there were some examples of what you're talking about. That way we'd be able to figure out what is responsible reporting and what is sensationalism.

I'll point out again that the CNN article that @Hobie first complained about was all factual.

If you're waiting for a RESPONSIBLE answer in THIS FORUM, -- then be prepared for a long wait.

This is more of a "hit-and-run" community where most make unsupported and unsubstantiated claims (often based upon generalizations), and then disappear, -- whether due to lack of integrity or cowardice, I typically presume cowardice.

I guess they call this "christianity" (small "c"), but I call this basic human nature in the worst example. Of course there are exceptions to any population, but basically true, as you'll come to find out for yourself!

And WELCOME!
Bobby Jo

69chapels

Jun 6, 2019
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews didn't see their messiah, and the church doesn't see the tribulation.

The blind leading the blind,
Bobby Jo

(the coronavirus would evolve in china, and would later be tied to the lack of pork in the diet, was a study based on the autopsy of the bodies, of the people in the city of philadelphia USA, that use lethal force against me, the last few bodies just a week or so ago)

(God uses, "faith", "testimony", and in the least "flesh and blood")
(translated that means)
("the new covenant/photon stability or instabilities" .... "the new covenant/unified field associations" .... "sanctity of live with stability or instabilities of the body)

If you are unclean, that is magnified considerable under the right circumstances, the body itself rejects consciousness ................ the weight of the body, or missing components, pork is one example .................. humanity and its people are not that faithful, they claim they are, but they are not ................ remember god does use "flesh and blood", but there are natural limits to that ................. but for the people that have no legal value with god, they die exceedingly more and have no use for it ............... you have a muslim movement of suicide in diet curtailing, then you will die for no reason in this issue foolishly until more information is provided in the near future)

(right now moses is still living and god is not performing the function of "resonances" even if god does not touch this earth, millions more will die very soon, this is only a preview) (other places before china had the same incidences in the present, but things are becoming clearer that is all this is a matter of, frequency and its prevalence)

(just had a few ethnic bodies euthanized in philadelphia yesterday night for using force against me and that was good, right now i'm really satisfied but, we'll do this again soon) (this is necessary to be done continually, and nature will run its course, soon and more frequently)

Last edited:

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Well, there is both, I think!
No doubt about that. :)

I've been reading too much news! Going back under my rock now.
If you see my spare keys under there, let me know! ;)

I was just reading how China supplies like 80% of the ingredients for American pharmeceuticals. Don't know if that's true . . . but I wouldn't be surprised!

Much love!
That would be interesting indeed.

Reactions: marks

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
If you're waiting for a RESPONSIBLE answer in THIS FORUM, -- then be prepared for a long wait.

This is more of a "hit-and-run" community where most make unsupported and unsubstantiated claims (often based upon generalizations), and then disappear, -- whether due to lack of integrity or cowardice, I typically presume cowardice.

I guess they call this "christianity" (small "c"), but I call this basic human nature in the worst example. Of course there are exceptions to any population, but basically true, as you'll come to find out for yourself!

And WELCOME!
Bobby Jo
Thanks for the heads up, and for the welcome. :)

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... God uses, "faith", "testimony", and in the least "flesh and blood" ...

Using your own assertion, I would propose that "testimony" includes BIBLE PROPHECY. -- Of which you have no clue, among your other bizarre assertions.

Bobby Jo

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But everything they said is accurate, right? Should they not report what's actually going on in the world?

It's out in the world because the Chinese government initially treated it as a P.R. problem, and even sought to punish those who reported it. Too late, they took action to contain it. Now our government is making the same mistake. When Ebola broke out, the CDC stepped up and went after it. The president appointed an expert in epidemiology to implement a control program, and it worked.

No, the president is mostly trying to convince us it's not a problem, an appointed a political leader to control any government information so we don't hear what he doesn't want us to know. And he drastically cut the CDC budget, so we don't even have the means to control it until they get emergency funds to ramp up to speed.

I'm not optimistic.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sometimes, "fake news" is a synonym for "truth I want to have suppressed."

Likely, it won't be as bad as the "Spanish Flu" that devastated the world just after WWI. And though tens of millions died, civilization kept on going. But a lot of people have died, and more are going to die. And it's despicable for anyone to try to spread false reassurances. Hopefully, CDC will get up and restore it's ability to take effective action, and our leaders will come to their senses and stop trying to spin the problem away.

Prevention works best when it's early.

And our president says the coronavirus is a hoax.

Last edited:

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TWO viruses are rampant, and YOU have one of them: TDS

No, this is TDS:
stauffer_trump_coronavirus_promo.jpg

Too Dumb Syndrome

At least one American is already dead. We have cases now in America that are not related to travel. It's upon us, and our leaders wasted precious time in denial.

Let's hope we can recover quickly. But with CDC funding gutted, that's not going to be as easy, this time around.

Last edited:

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
It's out in the world because the Chinese government initially treated it as a P.R. problem, and even sought to punish those who reported it. Too late, they took action to contain it. Now our government is making the same mistake. When Ebola broke out, the CDC stepped up and went after it. The president appointed an expert in epidemiology to implement a control program, and it worked.

No, the president is mostly trying to convince us it's not a problem, an appointed a political leader to control any government information so we don't hear what he doesn't want us to know. And he drastically cut the CDC budget, so we don't even have the means to control it until they get emergency funds to ramp up to speed.

I'm not optimistic.
It's terrible to see this administration and the conservative media approach the outbreak from a political standpoint rather than one of public health. As you said, their first concern seems to be about minimizing the political damage to the President, which is precisely the last thing they should be focused on.

As far as the CDC, it's always irked me when conservatives go out of their way to downsize or eliminate important government programs, but when something like this happens, people look around and wonder "where's the government". And they never seem to recognize the hypocrisy.

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Sometimes, "fake news" is a synonym for "truth I want to have suppressed."
For sure. It's become a lazy way to wave away things someone doesn't want to be true and would rather not have to think about. Just call it "fake news" and you're done.

Likely, it won't be as bad as the "Spanish Flu" that devastated the world just after WWI. And though tens of millions died, civilization kept on going. But a lot of people have died, and more are going to die. And it's despicable for anyone to try to spread false reassurances. Hopefully, CDC will get up and restore it's ability to take effective action, and our leaders will come to their senses and stop trying to spin the problem away.

Prevention works best when it's early.
Yep. Just saw this morning that we now have community-spread infections in the US (they didn't get the virus from travel). One kid in WA state even went to school with it.

And our president says the coronavirus is a hoax.
I saw that. I can't believe the President of the United States, in the midst of a viral outbreak, is telling the public that it's a hoax perpetrated by Democrats to help their electoral chances. A true leader understands that in times like this you put politics aside and focus on public health, not polling numbers.

Reactions: Yehren and Nancy

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... A true leader understands that in times like this you put politics aside and focus on public health, not polling numbers.

What I'm waiting for are video clips of the liberals (and the liberal media) castigating President Trump when he moved quickly to restrict air travel from the affected cities in China. -- Of course the now say he didn't move fast enough, which is disingenuous.

This is from China, not the U.S. media:
Trump sinks to racist panic as China mobilizes against disease
February 7, 2020 10:41 AM CST By Joel Wendland-Liu
Even though a tiny number of cases of coronavirus have surfaced in the U.S., widespread panic about the disease has surfaced in the form of hostility and racism toward Chinese people and even people who seem to be of Asian descent who are not Chinese. Many Americans, often self-identified as fans of Trump and living in places with no reported cases of the virus, likewise appear to harbor xenophobia and racism. ...​

Bobby Jo

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
What I'm waiting for are video clips of the liberals (and the liberal media) castigating President Trump when he moved quickly to restrict air travel from the affected cities in China.
I haven't seen anything like that.

-- Of course the now say he didn't move fast enough, which is disingenuous.
What specifically are you referring to?

This is from China, not the U.S. media:
February 7, 2020 10:41 AM CST By Joel Wendland-Liu

Bobby Jo
Yeah, that was pretty over the top regarding Trump.

Reactions: Yehren

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen anything like that.

Exactly. At the time of the "outbreak", the liberals were too busy with their fake "impeachment" proceedings.

What specifically are you referring to?

White House hopefuls target Trump on coronavirus response
Alexandra Jaffe, Associated Press
Updated 3:36 am PST, Friday, February 28, 2020
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Democratic White House hopefuls are seizing on President Donald Trump’s delayed response to the coronavirus outbreak, calling it the latest evidence of his incompetence and warning that the crisis may only deepen as a result. ...​

Yeah, that was pretty over the top regarding Trump.

... and so is the above article. Or how about:

New York Times
Let’s Call It Trumpvirus
If you’re feeling awful, you know who to blame.
By Gail Collins
Opinion Columnist​

TDS,
Bobby Jo

Justadude

Feb 25, 2020
Colorado
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Exactly. At the time of the "outbreak", the liberals were too busy with their fake "impeachment" proceedings.
So the whole "liberals criticizing Trump for acting too quickly" isn't a real thing.

White House hopefuls target Trump on coronavirus response
Alexandra Jaffe, Associated Press
Updated 3:36 am PST, Friday, February 28, 2020
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Democratic White House hopefuls are seizing on President Donald Trump’s delayed response to the coronavirus outbreak, calling it the latest evidence of his incompetence and warning that the crisis may only deepen as a result. ...​
Reading through the article it looks like the Dems have some valid criticisms. Trump did contradict scientists, the CDC is underfunded, parts of the country aren't getting enough testing kits, and now that Trump has referred to this as a hoax we can expect a lot more criticism to come his way.

... and so is the above article.
I don't see the two as at all equivalent. The one from China equated the air-travel ban with racism, which is ridiculous, but the AP article names specific valid criticisms.

Or how about:

New York Times
Let’s Call It Trumpvirus

If you’re feeling awful, you know who to blame.
By Gail Collins
Opinion Columnist​

TDS,
Bobby Jo
While that is an incredibly stupid headline, the contents of the op-ed raise very valid points, such as placing Pence as the head of the response (his history and complete lack of scientific credentials), the administration's repeated attempts to downplay the situation, and the Homeland Security Secretary not knowing basic info (how viruses are spread, whether we have enough respirators).

Too bad those points are all going to be lost because of the headline.