Coronavirus spreading

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
:) Yes, please do trust God on this matter, for all we know, those 102 "confirmed" cases could be false positives. Testing for so called "viruses" is not an exact science, not even close. In other words, the media is lying through their teeth and they know it, being the typical sensationalist bull skit con artists that they are, sick of it.
default_dry.png

Oh lol! Bro, I'm not afraid of dying because I know where I am going....however, I do need not to hurry to my Father's house cause he has work for me to do and I want to "fight the good fight of faith and finish the race" until he takes me home ;)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Meanwhile in Australia, manufacturing beer was just deemed as an essential business. Thanks, Scotty. No need to stockpile the beer.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ourne-stocks-up-on-booze-20200322-p54csh.html

In a press conference late on Sunday night, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said bottleshops, or 'off license' alcohol retailers, would be excluded from closures of pubs and dining hotels.

"Off license parts of those premises [pubs and hotels], or bottle shops, that particularly applies in places like Tasmania, and in Queensland I understand, they will be excluded from these arrangements, they work like any other retail premises - they are not a place of people gathering, in an off-licence bottle shop,” he said.

Beer, wine and spirits were on Sunday night the latest entrants to the list of items being stockpiled during the unfolding pandemic.

@Giuliano pubs, clubs and bottle stores are all shutting down in 48 hours for 1 month or more...

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Giuliano pubs, clubs and bottle stores are all shutting down in 48 hours for 1 month or more...
I wonder if that is wise? I understand closing the pubs and clubs, but maybe some outlets should be allowed to operate. The article about Australia said it can take up to three months to get a brewery back into operation if it's shut down completely. I'd also be afraid of people trying to make their own booze and possibly poisoning themselves.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I wonder if that is wise? I understand closing the pubs and clubs, but maybe some outlets should be allowed to operate. The article about Australia said it can take up to three months to get a brewery back into operation if it's shut down completely. I'd also be afraid of people trying to make their own booze and possibly poisoning themselves.

@Giuliano it is the most radical yet best thing that our government has done. All schools will also be shut down for a month or more but I am part of the "essential service" sector so I will be working...There is also a massive amount of job losses but I think that life is more important than earning a living.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dallas County, when they imposed "shelter in place", allowed take-out from liquor stores. Probably a good idea, considering the concern you identified.

It's not that hard to make a drinkable wine. The key is to make everything very clean, and keep it clean until bottling.

My first degree was in bacteriology. We once made mead. Disgusting, but safe and effective.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dallas County, when they imposed "shelter in place", allowed take-out from liquor stores. Probably a good idea, considering the concern you identified.

It's not that hard to make a drinkable wine. The key is to make everything very clean, and keep it clean until bottling.

My first degree was in bacteriology. We once made mead. Disgusting, but safe and effective.
Ah, so you know about making beer, wine and even mead. My grandfather must have known how to do it right. He made his own wine during Prohibition, and no one got sick from what he made that I heard of. Certainly though people did get sick and even die during Prohibition from bootleg alcohol.

It is easy to make; and the thing is lots of people learn how to make it in prison. I can see it now, ex-cons spotting the chance to make some quick bucks by brewing up some "hooch" for sale as well as for themselves.

I was stunned when I read that hundreds of gallons of homemade wine was found in a California prison just before the last Super Bowl -- not stunned that people were making it but by the volume.

No Super Bowl party for inmates after jailhouse wine confiscated

Like many in the Bay Area, the inmates at the Santa Rita Jail in Alameda County were looking forward to watching Super Bowl 2020. But the Alameda County Sheriff’s Department put the kibosh on a party they were planning.

Hundreds of gallons of jailhouse wine were confiscated Saturday at the Santa Rita Jail. The concoction of fruit, juices, sugar and yeast — known as pruno — was stored in plastic bags and stashed inside toilets and garbage bags throughout the jail, Alameda County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ray Kelly said.

The department proudly displayed its findings Sunday in an Instagram post, with a photo of deputies standing behind dozens of bags filled with supplies for the homemade hooch.

I've heard manufacturers or whisky switched some of their production over to hand sanitizer. It's basically just 90 or 100 proof whisky (or any other liquor) mixed with some glycerin and maybe a little hydrogen peroxide. Some are donating what they make to health care providers. If they can't make it themselves, they give it to someone who can mix it properly and then bottle it.

There was news about bootleg booze from Iran. The death toll from the virus is bad enough; but a rumor spread that drinking alcohol worked to stave off the virus. Of course, it's against the law for Muslims there; but that didn't stop people from brewing it, selling it and drinking it.

March 10, 2020 Bootleg alcohol death toll rises to 44 in virus-hit Iran

The death toll from alcohol poisoning in Iran rose to 44 Tuesday, state news agency IRNA reported, over misguided efforts to ward off the new coronavirus by drinking bootleg alcohol.

The outbreak of the virus in the Islamic republic is one of the deadliest outside of China, where the disease originated.

The highest poisoning toll struck in the southwestern province of Khuzestan, where it grew by 16 to reach 36 on Tuesday, the agency said.

They had "drank bootleg alcohol over rumors that it would be effective in treating coronavirus and were poisoned", it added.

The poisoning toll in Khuzestan is higher than its 18 direct deaths from coronavirus, according to IRNA.

Seven more people have died from bootleg alcohol in the northern region of Alborz and one in Kermanshah, western Iran.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ethanol (active ingredient in wine, beer, and spirits) is not the same as isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol)

Both are hydrocarbon molecules with an -OH attached.

7508-2-96PEI1.png

Ethanol
ethanol01.png271CC01C-B7B5-4FB3-B2CE-64EC43AC94EBLarge-3.jpg

It makes a huge difference in biological activity. You cannot drink isopropyl alcohol; it's highly toxic. And it's more lethal to bacteria than ethanol is.

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-23_8-17-50.png
    upload_2020-3-23_8-17-50.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 0

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somewhat disturbing news; CDC's online stats for COVID-19 seems to have stopped posting new data. Says:

"We are working with State and local officials to constantly improve the accuracy and timeliness of the data. Please bear with us while we fine-tune the process."

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people don't die from influenza, either. Often, it's secondary infections.
Secondary Bacterial Infections Associated with Influenza Pandemics

Doesn't seem like a valid excuse for ignoring what happens, does it?

No, you just didn't know.
Who said anything about IGNORING what happens? I sure never did. All I have said is the response has been overblown compared to reality of what is going on. There is no reason entire countries should be shut down over this.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said anything about IGNORING what happens? I sure never did. All I have said is the response has been overblown compared to reality of what is going on. There is no reason entire countries should be shut down over this.
Well, fear can do more damage than a army of millions, and I think this was the purpose of some and we see the results..

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who said anything about IGNORING what happens?

You're trying to compare apples and oranges. Like the flu, COVID-19 is probably more lethal because it can lead to secondary infections that kill. It still kills, which is why the mortality rates can be compared.

All I have said is the response has been overblown compared to reality of what is going on.

According to CDC, there were 2,874 new cases in the U.S. yesterday. And now, they tell us that they might not be getting all the cases.

There is no reason entire countries should be shut down over this.

Shutting down non-essential operations that expose people to the virus could save hundreds of thousands of lives.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, fear can do more damage than a army of millions, and I think this was the purpose of some and we see the results..

This is why it was so foolish for Trump to initially try to cover it up. When people realized he was lying, they panicked. That's not surprising.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to compare apples and oranges. Like the flu, COVID-19 is probably more lethal because it can lead to secondary infections that kill. It still kills, which is why the mortality rates can be compared.

According to CDC, there were 2,874 new cases in the U.S. yesterday. And now, they tell us that they might not be getting all the cases.

Shutting down non-essential operations that expose people to the virus could save hundreds of thousands of lives.
I don't subscribe to "could" and "might"

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why it was so foolish for Trump to initially try to cover it up. When people realized he was lying, they panicked. That's not surprising.
This never happened. Why bear false witness, daily?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh lol! Bro, I'm not afraid of dying because I know where I am going....however, I do need not to hurry to my Father's house cause he has work for me to do and I want to "fight the good fight of faith and finish the race" until he takes me home ;)

Its not about being afraid of dying, neither do I. A quick, painless death is one thing, a slow painful death is another thing entirely.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This never happened.

Well, let's take a look...

Here’s what the president said in public remarks, interviews and tweets from Jan. 22 to March 10 -– one day before the World Health Organization declared the global outbreak a pandemic.

Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Feb. 26: “I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — Trump at a press conference, when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

Feb. 27: “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” — Trump at a White House meeting with African American leaders.

Trump's Statements About the Coronavirus

And he knew better:

WASHINGTON — A powerful Republican senator who has come under fire for selling stocks after receiving a private briefing about the novel coronavirus said he has asked for an ethics review into the matter.

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr sold between $628,000 and $1.72 million in stocks in mid-February after he and other senators received a briefing from top government health officials about the coronavirus, ProPublica reported on Thursday. As chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Burr was also receiving briefings on the coronavirus from the country’s spy agencies. And in late February, Burr privately delivered starker warnings about the possible widespread effects of the coronavirus than he had publicly, according to a recording obtained by NPR. Since then, the coronavirus pandemic has rocked businesses and caused stock values to plummet.
Republican Richard Burr Sold Stocks After Coronavirus Briefing, Asks For Investigation

You knew this, or should have. Why bear false witness, daily?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Its not about being afraid of dying, neither do I. A quick, painless death is one thing, a slow painful death is another thing entirely.

Pain only last a little while. Eternal life in the kingdom will be forever. life is in God's hands. We will not all be here. Some will be added to the great cloud of witness. Either way, God is Good!