Could Christian transphobia/homophobia have been a factor in the Nashville Christian school shooting?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha nice try, no cigar

I've repeatedly told you that the Bible contains many important truths and secrets.

You unfortunately can't see or understand them yet because as Jesus said you don't have the "eyes to see". Hence the "mysteries of the kingdom" are hidden from you. They were revealed to the disciples and they have been revealed to many people but you have to step down from your pious self-appointed pedestal and empty your cup before you can start on that journey of discovery. More likely your ego and pride will keep you on your pedestal and you will never gain the "eyes to see" and thus never understand the secrets in the text.
I'm still waiting for your sources that give answers to the skeptics that you put all your faith in.
I'm not suprised you have given none.
You have an agenda and it has nothing to do with searching for truth.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still waiting for your sources that give answers to the skeptics that you put all your faith in.
I'm not suprised you have given none.
You have an agenda and it has nothing to do with searching for truth.
Pretty sure I gave you some sources, did you not read them? The Pearl of Great Price etc?

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
If you cannot see that God exists, you are missing the most important truth of the Bible.

You are blinded by religious indoctrination.

You cannot see what "god" really is as indicated in the Bible and as I have said that's because you don't yet have the "eyes to see" and "ears to hear". For years I was like you, lost in the psychological system of lies but I listened to my innate reasoning and realised that things simply cannot be as the church peddles them to be. So I emptied my cup, then began a new earnest search for the truth and that took me down many rabbit holes where I learned a great many things. Among them I learned the allegorical language of alchemy that is used din 100s of works, documents, treatises. When I returned to the Bible it was with a new set of eyes and ears and immediately the secrets hidden within leapt out at me, unmistakably, running through the different books, OT and NT like a seam of gold. I realised then that the church had lied to me all this time, that the Bible was not literal, that millions are caught in the same trap I was caught in and that people throughout history for 1000s of years have had these same secrets and kept them from the wider populace.

You can not dupe me Wrangler. You cannot entrance me with spells of death and eternal damnation. I know them to be lies. I have seen the hidden language and I understand it. It is but one step on the journey. The very narrow path that most will never find.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are blinded by religious indoctrination.

You cannot see what "god" really is as indicated in the Bible and as I have said that's because you don't yet have the "eyes to see" and "ears to hear".
You are projecting. You cannot deny the Bible says only a fool says there is no God and to not rely on your own understanding but to trust in the LORD God. All you do is deny and attack.

This makes one wonder your purpose of being a member of a Christian forum?

Reactions: amigo de christo

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You are projecting. You cannot deny the Bible says only a fool says there is no God and to not rely on your own understanding but to trust in the LORD God. All you do is deny and attack.

This makes one wonder your purpose of being a member of a Christian forum?
Yet again you use the term "god" and presume/assume/expect that your definition applies to everyone. It does not.

I don't say there is no god.

I say that YOUR god, your concept of god is horribly wrong, little more than a childish belief in Santa Claus and the result of your religious indoctrination.

There is a "something" referred to in the Bible and it's allegorical and oft called "god" or "Christ" and other things.

This means nothing to you because you don't have the "eyes to see". You're locked into the "cult of sol" mythology that bbyrd009 told you about and will remain blinded until you have the courage to step out of the circle. The truth is out there waiting. Seek and you will find.

Empty your cup

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure I gave you some sources, did you not read them? The Pearl of Great Price etc?
Give post number please. The Pearl of Great Price? Huh? Are you referring to Mormonism? Have you even educated yourself on what you have posted or are you just trying to give a response?

Any person who is intellectually honest will search and study all sides of a matter.
I don't believe you have. I believe you swallowed the skeptics claims without any skepticism of your own towards the skeptics position.
You are just regurgitating what others have told you to believe without any real study to prove what you heard and now believe to be real solid evidence.
You are not searching for truth. You are a product of the educational system today. You believe what you have been told without trying to disprove your own beliefs. No one comes to truth without questioning why they believe what they believe. Only honest folks doubt why they believe what they believe. Those with agendas do not.
Which is exactly what I have done because I am a seeker of truth.
I can walk out on any street in a city and hear the exact same preprogrammed beliefs that you have because your beliefs are a product of the popular group think that unbelievers want our society to believe.
There is nothing authentic about your beliefs. You are not a free thinker. This is exactly what the secular community has popularized and propagandised to our youth.

Pick out one of the skeptics claims of supposed inconsistencies in the Bible from the list you posted.
Tell me why you believe the skeptic is correct. And why you do not believe those who have already given an answer to why the skeptic is wrong.
I "bet" you have never even researched to find out if the skeptics you put your faith in have ever been disproven.
Get to work!!!!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok here are 2 glaring contradictions:

Regarding the Earth

"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes1:4
Erroneous translating. Here is a better translation.

Ecclesiastes 1:4

Young's Literal Translation

4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming, and the earth to the age is standing.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Give post number please. The Pearl of Great Price? Huh? Are you referring to Mormonism? Have you even educated yourself on what you have posted or are you just trying to give a response?
Apologies Titus I was sure I had posted a link to that work, and looking back indeed I have done so but it was in a reply to Patrick which is why you probably didn't clock it. Please see post #106 in this thread.

No it's not Mormonism. It is alchemy. This is what Jesus refers to often, it's what much of Genesis is referring to and it's what many of the parables are about. The 7 core processes used in alchemy and it's end product, the Elixir Of Life, the Red and White Stones.
Until and unless you become versed in "alchemy speak" you won't understand the passages in the Bible that refer to it. As you will see in "The Pearl Of Great Price" the philosopher's used extremely cryptic language which should seem utter gobbledygook to you at this point.
I can give you a list of probably 100 similar works if you want more with links.

I don't believe you have. I believe you swallowed the skeptics claims without any skepticism of your own towards the skeptics position.
No I haven't listened to any sceptics at all. I've simply had my knowledge expanded in learning about alchemy and other esoteric matters and recognise that it's referred to all over the Bible which has made me totally reappraise what the Bible is and what it is talking about. That and basic growing up/maturing from childish belief in things like Santa Claus.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Former student carried out a mass shooting a Christian school. They were transgender. A manifesto was left behind, yet to be released:

My question is, could it be that all the homophobic and transphobic pastors calling for gays to be put to death and executed play a role? Something tells me this kid was bullied at that school for their sexual orientation. “You better repent or burn in hell” in a nutshell. When you look at all the gay club mass shootings, this seems like this particular crime was a lashing out.

Maybe if Christians stopped weaponizing the Bible, LGBT would have more respect for Christianity.

Here you have a pastor calling for the execution of gays:

Of course they were bullied, thats a given. In a world of tolerance but no respect, this is what we get. I think this whole tolerance for minority groups is just a neat way for people to look as if they are okay with the changes around them.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demonic possession or influence. How about the illegal immigrant in Texas who shot 5 people and managed to evade capture. Jesus taught in Luke, about a unclean spirit who leaves his habitation. Only to return with 7 more evil spirits worse. This individual is now worse off. Because they refuse christ in their life and won't repent. Ephesians chapter 2, prince of the air who works in children of disobedience. Get the picture. These are not children of light who are shooting others. A person who sows discord or plots evil, is servant of satan.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: mailmandan

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is, could it be that all the homophobic and transphobic pastors calling for gays to be put to death and executed play a role?
I love how people are so dumbed down they automatically equate speculation with certain fact!
Could X be the Cause of Y?​
A rational person must concede possibilities OR risk condemnation for not being "open minded."

THEN, the accuser extrapolates the possibility to certain fact.

Something tells me this kid was bullied at that school for their sexual orientation.
I'm not sure how we became so programmed that being a victim means you can be a victimizer with impunity.

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think people that have become possessed or are into witchcraft and devil worship can become capable of evil things. And that is probably what caused the school shooting to happen.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: mailmandan