Could God Save Everybody If He Wanted To?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
Did God consult your "free will" concerning who would be your parents, what you would look like, or your aptitude?

To answer you question who be invalid to my point.

Free will had nothing to do concerning who my parents where, what I look like, or my aptitude. All would be different is we would be able to decided what we were going to do.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
To answer you question who be invalid to my point.

Free will had nothing to do concerning who my parents where, what I look like, or my aptitude. All would be different is we would be able to decided what we were going to do.

Actually it makes your point pointless, which is probably why you chose not to respond with an answer.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
He created the devil to do that.

John 6
70 Jesus answered them, "Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?"

Explain to me how that translates to you that God created the devil?

Are you a Muslim? That is what they teach.

It used to be only them that taught it but in recent years the churches have begun to adopt that idea.

Judaism certainly never taught that. Many say that Judaism never even taught that there is a devil. In one sense that is true, but in another it is not. It is just that Judaism recognizes that Lucifer was an angel of God and he did not stop being an angel of God just because he became obstinate. That angel was not cast down from heaven until after the Old Covenant was ending. So it is no surprise Judaism yet sees Lucifer as an angel in God's employment. That is the source of much confusion. That combined with the Muslim teaching has fooled many.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
So God is the author of sin?

No! The serpent in the garden was the author of sin.

God created him for that purpose.

It used to be only them that taught it but in recent years the churches have begun to adopt that idea.

Judaism certainly never taught that. Many say that Judaism never even taught that there is a devil. In one sense that is true, but in another it is not. It is just that Judaism recognizes that Lucifer was an angel of God and he did not stop being an angel of God just because he became obstinate. That angel was not cast down from heaven until after the Old Covenant was ending. So it is no surprise Judaism yet sees Lucifer as an angel in God's employment. That is the source of much confusion. That combined with the Muslim teaching has fooled many.

Lucifer is a man who is on earth who rises every morning to do his vanity and gain riches by trade. He boasts himself as knowing God and going to heaven but in the end Christ turns him to ashes on the ground in front of all of Christ's saints. He is the sons of the morning a type who make up their own God to justify their sin.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

No, the idea that Satan, that old serpent, was a creation by God is NOT a Muslim teaching. It is The Word of God...

Ezek 28:12-19
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
(KJV)

So where you have been with not understanding this???

That ain't... really about the flesh king of Tyrus, simply because...

1. The king of Tyrus (means 'rock') NEVER was in God's Garden of Eden

2. The king of Tyrus was NOT a create heavenly covering cherub

3. The king of Tyrus was NEVER upon God's Holy Mountain walking among the stones of fire (God's Altar).

4. The king of Tyrus has STILL NOT BEEN JUDGED TO PERISH.

5. The king of Tyrus (Tyre) is ALREADY DEAD, AND WAS NOT TURNED TO ASHES UPON THE EARTH.

The meaning behind God's usage of the name 'Tyrus' (rock) in that Ezek.28 chapter...

Deut 32:31
31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
(KJV)

Who is "their rock" (lower case 'rock'), and Who is Our "Rock", The Rock of ages??

antho91

Jul 21, 2011
What think ye?

Romans 9:11-13 (NKJV)
11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." 13 As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."

So, if your question is: Can God save everybody if He wants to? I think God can, but He would not want to do that. If He wants to do that, I don't think today's world has any sins and imperfection, because God would have prevented all that happenings. It is all because of the issue of freewill.

So God is the author of sin?

God could not be the author of sin. Lucifer, with his own freewill, chose to betrayed God. Human, accepted the temptation by devil, took the sin into the world.

You mean God had planned all these, so that Lucifer would do exactly what he was created for to sin? That would be self defeating.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
That is the problem when we attempt to think God's thoughts after Him. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, the lover of Good and the hater of evil.

Trouble is, God's definition of what is Good and what is Evil are somewhat more comprehensive than ours, so our attempts at putting God and His decisions into nice neat pigeon holes always comes up lacking.

Reactions: biggandyy

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
You mean God had planned all these, so that Lucifer would do exactly what he was created for to sin? That would be self defeating.

Yes Christ was created first then man was created for Him to save. There were never any mistakes made and everything is going well and right on schedule. It would only be self defeating to someone who doesn't understand and see the whole picture. Probably because of believing and being founded on to many errors in doctrine. The antidote is asking Almighty God for His Spirit daily in Faith.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Yes Christ was created first then man was created for Him to save. There were never any mistakes made and everything is going well and right on schedule. It would only be self defeating to someone who doesn't understand and see the whole picture. Probably because of believing and being founded on to many errors in doctrine. The antidote is asking Almighty God for His Spirit daily in Faith.

Nothing written in my Bible that says The Christ was ever... created.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised to see so many members here trying to tamper with the nature of God as a Trinity. If there is one dividing line between orthodoxy and heresy - the true nature of God is it! A whole body belief - mind, heart, and will - in the teaching of the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is paramount to the understanding of the Christian faith.

A Christian rejection of the teaching of the Trinity is akin to a writer rejecting words.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Vengle, this statement is so unorthodox, you may as well of stated that Lucifer also ran away with the dish and the spoon and the cow jumped over the moon. I think it is time for you to come clean about where you learned this theology.....what church do you attend?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
I am surprised to see so many members here trying to tamper with the nature of God as a Trinity. If there is one dividing line between orthodoxy and heresy - the true nature of God is it! A whole body belief - mind, heart, and will - in the teaching of the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit is paramount to the understanding of the Christian faith.

A Christian rejection of the teaching of the Trinity is akin to a writer rejecting words.

I don't really follow what you said here but the translation was tainted by the roman catholic church. The original Greek does not say father it says the head of the household it does not separate the head of household from the son or the holy breath. It truly reads "The head of the household the son the Holy breath". If you read it the way it was written it changes the whole meaning from what the holy roman empire wanted you to believe. It also brings to light the things that Christ taught about Him being the father and God being Spirit. If Christ is the father like He said and God is Spirit Like He said then that makes null any notion of a trinity.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
Vengle, this statement is so unorthodox, you may as well of stated that Lucifer also ran away with the dish and the spoon and the cow jumped over the moon. I think it is time for you to come clean about where you learned this theology.....what church do you attend?

I delight in being unorthodox. :lol: Thank you for saying so.

I am not a member of any of the visible web of confusion. They are as Babel to me.

No organized named church will even accept me as a member of their lump for which I rejoice as it makes me free of their sins. Thus I have only my own sins to bear. I need not worry that I will be punished for Babylon the Great's sins, because of their tolerance "of every unclean and hateful bird" (Revelation 18:2, contrast that to Isaiah 35: 8,9,10).

I will not be pitched into the second death as a coward (Revelation 21:8) for having held tightly to wrong teachings out of fear of men and desire to hold to what is popular (Revelation 21:7).

It is not my fault I have no visible church I can attend as a member as they are the ones that reject me, whereas I only reject some of their doctrines and not them. But instead I am free like the wind to attend any of them I choose whenever I choose simply by keeping with their own wish and not letting them know me. That leaves me free to plant seeds of truth which have power by God rather than this artificial power of organized men. And it renders them powerless over me by their own choice to refuse me.

Your buildings are collapsing and you are too blind to see it. There will be great weeping and much death.

It has already begun.

Vengle

Sep 22, 2011
Ohio
No, the idea that Satan, that old serpent, was a creation by God is NOT a Muslim teaching. It is The Word of God...

Ezek 28:12-19
12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.
17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.
(KJV)

So where you have been with not understanding this???

That ain't... really about the flesh king of Tyrus, simply because...

1. The king of Tyrus (means 'rock') NEVER was in God's Garden of Eden

2. The king of Tyrus was NOT a create heavenly covering cherub

3. The king of Tyrus was NEVER upon God's Holy Mountain walking among the stones of fire (God's Altar).

4. The king of Tyrus has STILL NOT BEEN JUDGED TO PERISH.

5. The king of Tyrus (Tyre) is ALREADY DEAD, AND WAS NOT TURNED TO ASHES UPON THE EARTH.

The meaning behind God's usage of the name 'Tyrus' (rock) in that Ezek.28 chapter...

Deut 32:31
31 For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.
(KJV)

Who is "their rock" (lower case 'rock'), and Who is Our "Rock", The Rock of ages??

That is just word play.

I say God created the angel but the devil created himself after the principle of self-corruption which is also very evident in scripture.

Deuteronomy 32:5 "They have corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation."

"not the spot of his children", in other words God did not make them that way. they corrupted their own selves.

Lucifer is a man who is on earth who rises every morning to do his vanity and gain riches by trade. He boasts himself as knowing God and going to heaven but in the end Christ turns him to ashes on the ground in front of all of Christ's saints. He is the sons of the morning a type who make up their own God to justify their sin.

I totally agree with the first line :) and with the second half. :lol:

When you said, "God created him for that purpose." meaning for the purpose of being the author of sin as it appears you meant, that I disagree with.

That angel was a cherub. Cherubim have the charge of God to uphold holiness everywhere in God's realm. Earth was considered a part of God's realm at that time.

The Hebrew word for "cover" or "covereth" which Ezekiel 28 shows that cherub doing, refers to how they spread out the wings to protect (literally to "blockade") against unholiness. That is why the two cherubs were atop the Ark of the Covenant with spread wings. It symbolized the great importance God places on His holiness and maintaining it.

Look at the Hebrew roots of that word "covereth" at Ezekiel 28. You will see what I said.

Thus we know that angel was in the Garden of God to protect the holiness there. That angel betrayed his post all due to pride.

Fittingly, afterward we see God posted faithful cherubim to guard the way to the Tree of Life that nothing unholy be able to reach it.

Genesis 3:24 "So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."