Could this allude to the dinosaurs?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew word that some folks translate "became" is horribly
ambiguous and impossible to be given a narrow meaning as it's used in
a variety of applications in about a zillion verses in the Old Testament.

One of its many applications indicates that an incident, an object, a person,
a thing, a condition, a situation etc came to be, came about, came into
existence and/or came to pass.

Because of its ambiguity, I do not recommend using that Hebrew word as
evidence to prove that the Earth underwent some sort of renovation in the
first chapter of Genesis.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Hebrew word that some folks translate "became" is horribly
ambiguous and impossible to be given a narrow meaning as it's used in
a variety of applications in about a zillion verses in the Old Testament.

One of its many applications indicates that an incident, an object, a person,
a thing, a condition, a situation etc came to be, came about, came into
existence and/or came to pass.

Because of its ambiguity, I do not recommend using that Hebrew word as
evidence to prove that the Earth underwent some sort of renovation in the
first chapter of Genesis.
you said it yourself, came to be in a condition, meaning became, change from its original condition.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe it is unwise, uneducated, and unscriptural to posit that the Earth
pre-existed its current form, viz: that the Earth was existing somewhere in
the dateless past and then one day, for reasons unknown, got so badly
damaged that God had to renovate it, i.e. had to reconstruct the Earth and
restore it back to its so-called original condition. (ref. post No.81)
_

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becoming void and shapeless clearly shows it is not part of day one.
I'm going to go with . . . In six days God created heaven and earth . . .

Was, became, I've heard quite a number of people assert their reasons for either way. Just the same, there's this other verse that settles it for us.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already showed the KJV errors saying was instead of became.
I mean in Exodus 20:

Exodus 20:11 KJV
11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Do you think this is mistranslated? Or correctly translated?

Much love!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean in Exodus 20:

Exodus 20:11 KJV
11) For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
since God began creation when there was no sun, how long was that time before there was?

Plus, the Angels, including Lucifer, watched God create the heaven (not heavens) and the earth. So how long was it from beginning the creation until Lucifer's rebellion and fall?

Obviously, it was not 24 hours.

And since God is a God of light, when and for what reason did he create darkness. I covered that in the link.

read carefully as to what is said in Exodus and how it is not in alignment with Genesis.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
read carefully as to what is said in Exodus and how it is not in alignment with Genesis.
Personally, I understand both passages to be in harmony.

How long was the time for the first day? The same as the other 6. And just like the Sabbath Day's rest, a day, like we normally think of a day.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plus, the Angels, including Lucifer, watched God create the heaven (not heavens) and the earth. So how long was it from beginning the creation until Lucifer's rebellion and fall?

I can't think of the passage that talks of the angels watching the creation of heaven. Can you point me there?

Thanks!

Much love!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I understand both passages to be in harmony.

How long was the time for the first day? The same as the other 6. And just like the Sabbath Day's rest, a day, like we normally think of a day.

Much love!
but before there was a sun there were no sunrises or sunsets or even a sun.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Job 38:3-7 KJV
3) Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
5) Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
7) When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Not when God created the heaven or the earth. Rather, when He laid it's foundations.

Psalms 104:1-7 KJV
1) Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2) Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3) Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4) Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
5) Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
6) Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.
7) At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away.

God created the angels, and then laid the foundations of the earth.

But first, He covered Himself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a curtain, having already created heaven and earth.

Much love!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the morning stars, Angels, were present when God created the heaven and the earth. Heaven is singular, full of light and clearly shows Lucifer had not rebelled yet.

During the six days of creation, God created the first heaven, the atmosphere, the second heaven, outerspace, and it was filled with darkness.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some do, like me. If you take Genesis literally - like I do, then all living creatures were made in two days.
He made great whales of the sea, so why wouldn't he make great land animals as well?
Before The Flood, humans lived to be a thousand years . Reptiles don't stop growing so imagine them growing for that long ir even hundreds of years - how large they would get? The Behemoth or Levitation were likely not brought into the Ark. They must have survived in underground caves and were adapted to water and land.
The rest of the dinosaurs died in the flood, their bones preserved in the mud - only about 4300 years ago.
But you can believe in old earth model and with theistic evolution - you just have to distort Genesis to conform to this view. You will not be able to take it literally.
But Genesis is foundational, if you dismiss a literal interpretation, then what comes next is doing that with the rest of the Bible stories - whichever ones don't work with your science. And that is what they do. Then you can no longer trust the words you read. Faith becomes fragile, based on vague uncertainties. You'll wonder, "Did this really happen or is this supposed to be symbolic for something else?"

Reactions: marks

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take the Bible literally, as long as it is a written correctly, which the KJV is not.

The longest living human was 969 years, I believe.

Genesis clearly says two of every living animal was brought onto the Ark, no exception.

I believe in the old earth, but totally reject evolution. Read the link I provided and then explain how you dismiss the verses I posted to defend your young earth beliefs.

The link I gave you clearly speaks of an ancient earth where all cities and land life died.

The Old Testament, as I laid out in the link, clearly has this timeline.

1. God created heaven, not heavens, and populated it with Angels,and there was no darkness.

2. The Angels watched God create the earth and populated. this is the pre-Adamic beings and dinosaurs.

3. Lucifer rebelled and there was war in heaven, which included on the earth.

4. Lucifer was defeated and the rebelling Angels fell like meteors on the earth. Mass destruction.

5. The earth sank into the water and was covered in darkness due to Satan.

6. God divided heaven into the heavens, meaning atmosphere, outer space and God's dwelling place.

7. God continued for the six days of creation, and rested on the seventh, which means a change in an effort.

Your claims have huge holes in history. dinosaurs and humans and modern animal life did not coexist.

The four living creatures by definition are flesh beings, not angels. They surround the throne of God, which means they represents groups. The Angels around the throne represent Angels, the 24 elders represent Old Testament Israel, the wife of God the father and the church is the wife of the son of God. So, who do the four represent if not the prehistoric company of beings.

Yes I said company. Angels are a company because they do not reproduce. So are the pre-Adamics.

Every conceivable creation of living beings God did so that none will stand before him in judgment and have a legitimate argument why they are being condemned.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis clearly says two of every living animal was brought onto the Ark, no exception.
In all of whom was the breath of life. Insects didn't need to be on the ark, nor sea creatures. Small dinosaurs, no problem!

Oh . . . and 7 each of the clean animals.

Much love!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claims have huge holes in history. dinosaurs and humans and modern animal life did not coexist.
Holes?
I see thay you ha e a misunderstanding of Genesis just by reading your 7 points you made - they do not correlate to the Genesis account.
There are different types of angels" seraphim (Michael and Gabriel) and cherubim (the four creatures).
About the 24 elders - no one is sure about them. Some say 12 kings mixed with prophets from the OT and the 12 Disciples from the NT, which I'm okay with.

I listened to Marks video, "Dinosaurs and the Bible", it is worth the two hours. It has slightly changed my view, maybe Noah allowed some dinos in there as well. Dragons are not myth. I'm not sure about fire breathing dragons.
But the video is convincing.
It seems like you believe there were two creations, a pre- Genesis creation and then the one we read in Genesis?