Country music.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

I cant get the video to play x
I grew up in the 60's- 70's - so I like those era's
We had one of the Beverley sisters in our care home - so the other remainer sister use to visit- she had some lovely memorabilia- they were really sweet ladies
Rita

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody else like Country music?

I like both kinds, Country & Western. (a joke, from Blues Brothers movie).

Actually, 'Country & Western' refers to the same kind of music, though there is a slight difference, because Western Swing is a bit different music style than traditional Country. Compare George Jones (trad. Country) with George Straight (more Western Swing style).

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cant get the video to play x
I grew up in the 60's- 70's - so I like those era's
We had one of the Beverley sisters in our care home - so the other remainer sister use to visit- she had some lovely memorabilia- they were really sweet ladies
Rita
Can't help you there. I works for me when I click the arrow in the middle. (You only get sound... the picture never changes.)

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Love country music...just not the stuff they play on the radio. I have always loved Emmy Lou Harris, George Jones, Merle Haggard, George Straight, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash and several more...I have not played them in awhile, maybe I will bring it out tomorrow while I clean up around here!

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes I do, Country is my favourite genre. :)

Aaron Watson, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Loretta Lynn are some of my favourites.

I just love the sound of the Pedal Steel Guitar it's my absolute favourite instrument to listen too, I also like the fiddle and also like a nice smooth country violin sound, gotta love a bit of banjo and mandolin too. Brad Paisley shredding and twanging the electric guitar can be amazing to listen to as well, Brad's left hand on the fretboard moves like lightning.

It's kind of funny depending on where you are in Australia, it's either loved or hated, we are the 3rd biggest nation for country music ranked behind Canada being 2nd and the USA being number 1 of course, but you wouldn't be able to tell at all if you came here, none of the mainstream FM radio stations play it, they might play Dan and Shay's song the one they did with Justin Bieber, but I consider that a pop song. Haha.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I do, Country is my favourite genre. :)

Aaron Watson, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Loretta Lynn are some of my favourites.

I just love the sound of the Pedal Steel Guitar it's my absolute favourite instrument to listen too, I also like the fiddle and also like a nice smooth country violin sound, gotta love a bit of banjo and mandolin too. Brad Paisley shredding and twanging the electric guitar can be amazing to listen to as well, Brad's left hand on the fretboard moves like lightning.

It's kind of funny depending on where you are in Australia, it's either loved or hated, we are the 3rd biggest nation for country music ranked behind Canada being 2nd and the USA being number 1 of course, but you wouldn't be able to tell at all if you came here, none of the mainstream FM radio stations play it, they might play Dan and Shay's song the one they did with Justin Bieber, but I consider that a pop song. Haha.
Same here in the UK. It's like marmite - loved or hated. It's the only genre of music I don't get fed up listening to.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just heard an old Carter Family song on the radio this morning. I think it was NPR, talking about how the Carter Family helped shape the genre. This is the song I heard this morning.

I looked up another of their songs I like.

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One thing I hate is Rap ! I would not call it music tho. more like hate speech and out of control anger and depravity it sounds to me, no wonder people who are into that are deranged. maybe 3 or 4 that I would say is ok because it's funny or so stupid.

I listen to music that calms me down when driving in the traffic. doing 1hr to work and 1hr back I have learnt what is best to keep me calm.
But yes Country music I do like and Opera but not all.

Reactions: Pearl

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like country music. 1970's version of it. Yet, it's pretty depressing. From the 1980's on up it was popped. That is, it became pop music/country. Early Hank Williams Jr, Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle, Tom Jones, David Allan Coe, Patsy Cline, Edgar Allen Poe and Willie Nelson are real country to me.

Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, Dolly, Larry Gatlin, Kenny Rodgers... Good stuff... But they started moving away, as did Hank Jr.

I went through a heavy metal and even a punk Rock phase... Today I don't listen to music much. I enjoy Taylor Swift. But my choice is gospel music if I listen.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One thing I hate is Rap ! I would not call it music tho. more like hate speech and out of control anger and depravity it sounds to me, no wonder people who are into that are deranged. maybe 3 or 4 that I would say is ok because it's funny or so stupid.

I listen to music that calms me down when driving in the traffic. doing 1hr to work and 1hr back I have learnt what is best to keep me calm.
But yes Country music I do like and Opera but not all.

Since this is the country music thread, should I mention Country Rap? Hahaha

I'm gonna take my horse down the old town road...... Ok I will stop there hahahha.

That song got kicked off the country charts and rightfully so. :p

Not a big fan of rap here anyway. But Colt Ford was alright at Country Rap.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like country music. 1970's version of it. Yet, it's pretty depressing. From the 1980's on up it was popped. That is, it became pop music/country. Early Hank Williams Jr, Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle, Tom Jones, David Allan Coe, Patsy Cline, Edgar Allen Poe and Willie Nelson are real country to me.

Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, Dolly, Larry Gatlin, Kenny Rodgers... Good stuff... But they started moving away, as did Hank Jr.

I went through a heavy metal and even a punk Rock phase... Today I don't listen to music much. I enjoy Taylor Swift. But my choice is gospel music if I listen.

Marty Robbins was pretty good, so was the old Hank Williams Sr, it's a shame his career was cut short, not a fan of Hank III his grandson's music at all though, Bocephus is pretty good though. Saw Western was mentioned before in this thread. Bob Wills was pretty good. And then you got stuff that's still old, considering we are in the 2020s but a lot newer like Tanya Tucker's "San Antonio Stroll" one of the greatest western songs of all time, but probably from the 90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: FHII

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You all remember the Trio? Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris and Linda Rondstadt.
I have one of their CD's and can listen to the whole thing over and over...they have wonderful gospel music as well on the CD.

Reactions: Giuliano and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And since you may have heard Joe Diffie sadly died to covid-19 today, he was only 61.

Anyway here is another fun song by Joe Diffie.

Reactions: Giuliano