• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the words of scripture came by "inspiration" (2 Timothy 3:16), and it was the Holy Ghost/Spirit that worked upon the men who wrote (Mark 12:36; Acts 1;16, etc).

Yes and no. There are many groups that Keep the 7th day the sabbath of the LORD (JEHOVAH), the Lord's Day (Revelation 1:10; Isaiah 58:13).

List of Sabbath-keeping churches - Wikipedia

Mennonites, 7th Day Baptists, 7th day men (Ireland), etc all have kept God's Holy day, and others long before them all the way back to Adam, and God Himself. Can be demonstrated from historical sources upon request.

I will take this to mean you have something to share specifically about the Seventh-day Adventists as a whole body. You have used the word "they". Can you give specific examples on a world wide body, for you might find individuals who are hypocrites, but the Bible told us of these, the goats, the tares, the foolish. Shall I use the same scales for the WTS members I know and blame the whole organization on a few lackluster characters? I should think not.

You first said, "... they [context, "the 7th day adventists"] are hypocritical in doing so ..." and then say "a few of them". That is contradictory. Shall we blame the whole for the few? How would it be if I pointed out the same in the WTS org? I think it a little unfair. However, ...

Can you clarify what is the "work", and by "2nd shift" what do you mean time wise please. Thank you. I can then further address this after your clarification.

Can you clarify the "work" please? There is a "work" which can be properly done on the Sabbath, and a "work" that cannot. There is Holy work, and common work. The two are distinct, even in the commandment (Exodus 20:8-11).

That is a misunderstanding of what Paul stated, and an incorrect translation, "eat" (koine Greek says, "βρωσει" (N-DSF, being a Noun, not an Verb) which is "food", KJB "meat" (Genesis 1)), the drink is also a Noun, "ποσει" not a verb (N-DSF) and "of a sabbath", the koine Greek is plural, not singular, "σαββατων" ["sabbath [days] [KJB]". Can I share with you please on where Paul is quoting from, and why, and where else he also makes the same statements which all demonstrate that Paul is not referring to the 7th day (Exodus 20:8-11) at all in Colossians 2?

Paul also wrote Hebrews 3-4, which is the two chapters which shows that the Sabbath rest remains for us (Christians) to keep. I can also show that also if you would like. Just ask please. I will not force anything.

Paul also wrote, in many places that Christians are to fulfil God's law, by the Holy Ghost/Spirit, as for instance (many more upon request):

Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

As did James:

Jas_2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:​

As did John:

1Jn_2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn_3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1Jn_5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.​

Yes. First and foremost, JEHOVAH elohiym. Secondly, I personally do. Thirdly, very many others whom I know personally, and second-handedly also do, and many others which can be shown upon request.

I would have to observe your obedience of it to form an opinion sir. I know the Mennonites don't observe it, as I live in an area that many live. Amish as well do not observe it. And like I said, even the 7th day Adventists don't observe it, but they are close.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Robert, I get it in one sense, and in another I don't. To me I want to know if what I believe is accurate. I have left the Roman Catholic faith, when after I found out all of the deception, and being deceived for 30 years. I want no more deception, or errors.

I think I can prove the WTS/JW chart is in error in the main, and even in the matter of the 'stake' itself at the center from pure scripture. I am only asking if you would like to consider my reasons from scripture and history.

I know what it feels like to come up against a serious challenge to my beliefs. My head/heart wrestled with a lot of things then. A real "CogDis" (Cognitive Dissonance).

God gave me the victory, and it took many hours of prayerful study (God wasn't going to simply insert it into my head).

You are not rude. I think there is another underlying reason.

The Seventh-day Adventist chart deals directly with salvation, even the plan of Redemption. If it is in error in the main, then there is no salvation. You'll see why if you decide to continue discussion with me on it.

That is what we are discussing via email at this time. So I will not comment on this here, but if you would like to go ahead and "prove it" Keep it simple please.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ReChoired (replies #1,2,4,6,7,10-12,16-18. 17-44, 49-54)
@Robert Gwin (replies #3,5,8,9,13-15, 20-23, 39)
@Ziggy (reply 19)
@Mungo (replies #24,25,48)
@Curtis (replies #26,45-47)

Hello there,

Forgive me if I do not engage with anyone directly: for you have been engaged in discussion concerning this subject from several different angles, I can only offer what I know, little as it is:-

Covenants made by God:-
- With Noah, his seed, and every living creature - (Genesis 6:18; Genesis 9:8-17)
The token (or sign) given is the rainbow.
It is an 'everlasting' covenant (Genesis 9:16): and is 'unconditional'.

- With Abram and his seed concerning the land - (Genesis 15:18- 21 & chapter)
The token being Genesis 15:8-17.
This is an 'unconditional' covenant, a covenant of promise, made by God to Abram, while Abram slept.

- With Abraham and his seed through Isaac - (Genesis 17:1-14 [Exodus 2:24; 6:2-8]; Genesis 17:19 & 21)
The token being circumcision (Genesis 17:11).
It is an 'everlasting' covenant (Genesis 17:7& 19), in which God promises to be their God (Genesis 17:7-8).

- God's covenant made with Israel at Mount Sinai (Exodus 19 - [v.24; 34:7] - 34:35 )
The token (or sign) being the observance of the Sabbath day. (Exodus 31:16-17)
This is a conditional covenant. Between God and Israel.

* There are other covenants and promises made and recorded in Scripture of course, but I haven't got time to consider them here.

* Israel are associated with a covenant, both old and new.
* Believing Gentiles during the Acts were blessed with faithful Abraham, but by nature, and in the flesh, the Gentiles were strangers from the covenant of promise: and in the teaching of the Prison Epistles, (Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy & Titus) written following the departure of Israel into the darkness of unbelief at the end of the Acts period, concerning the Church which is Christ's Body, no covenant of any description is known.
* Titus 1:2 says that the eternal life was 'promised before the world began'. 2 Timothy 1:19 says that the believer was called according to the Lord's own purpose and grace 'which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began'. Ephesians 1:4 says that such were 'chosen in Him before the foundation of the world'. Here are covenants, agreements, promises, but they were not made with or to us, they were all made in and with Christ. So, we see in 2 Corinthians 3 & 4 that everything turns on two mediators - Moses and Christ.

* How thankful should we not be, to think that so far as the Church of the one Body is concerned there are no contractual agreements, no covenants, no testaments, that involve the believer, he finds all in His completeness in Christ.

Praise God!

In Christ Jesus
Chris

There are many covenants maam as you have pointed out, however, the two main ones that really affected God's nation was the Law covenant, and the covenant of the Christ, as far as a life style. God first had a nation of people with the agreement after the exodus when they agreed to accept His covenant with them. With the death of the Messiah, we entered into a new covenant Jesus made on the day of his death Luke 22:29. The holy spirit was poured out on several disciples on Pentecost of 33 showing that God accepted the new covenant. That was the birth of the Christian congregation

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very sorry ..., you are very well correct, Moses delivered new blank tablets for Jehovah to rewrite the commandments. My error! Thanks for correcting me.
Well, Robert, I am glad to hear from you again. I have been thinking about you these last few days. Are you ok? As for the scriptures in regards the second set of tables, that is really one of the main reasons for a forum like this, so that we can all help one another, and all be on the same page (of understanding). If we were all humble and submitted to what the word of God says, how much better of a world this would be. I am only sharing (Amen-ing) what the word says Robert. God does all the correcting. :) God desires us all to know the truth, which sets us free, for in every error their is bondage and hurt, no matter how slight. Breathe the freedom of the Spirit, for when He sets us free from any error, no man can ever again place us in bondage to the error, unless it is willingly so by ourselves, for in understanding is light.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are many covenants maam as you have pointed out, however, the two main ones that really affected God's nation was the Law covenant, and the covenant of the Christ, as far as a life style. God first had a nation of people with the agreement after the exodus when they agreed to accept His covenant with them. With the death of the Messiah, we entered into a new covenant Jesus made on the day of his death Luke 22:29. The holy spirit was poured out on several disciples on Pentecost of 33 showing that God accepted the new covenant. That was the birth of the Christian congregation
Hello @Robert Gwin,

Yes, the covenant made at Sinai was a conditional covenant, I agree. Made with Israel by God, following their assurance made to God through Moses, that, 'all that the Lord hath spoken we will do' (Exodus 19:5-9) and reiterated in Exodus 24:3, following the giving of the law . Yet, forgive me but I cannot see the relevance of your reference to Luke 22:29, in relation to your statement (quote):- 'we entered into a new covenant Jesus made on the day of His dead Luke 22:29'.

'Ye are they which have continued with Me in My temptations.
And I appoint unto you a kingdom,
as My Father hath appointed unto Me;
That ye may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom,
and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.'
(Luke 22:28-30)

* This was spoken to the 12 disciples.
* The Lord's blood shed at the cross was indeed the blood of the New Covenant, and He will be the Mediator of it, as was Moses in relation to the Old covenant, who sprinkled the blood of the covenant made in that day (Exodus 24:8). As the Old Covenant was made with Israel, so will the New Covenant be (Jeremiah 31:31). It is in abeyance now until Israel become once more in God's eyes, 'My People' . The New Covenant is not in operation at this present time.
* What Scriptural confirmation can you provide to confirm what you say, that the endowment of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was proof of 'the acceptance of the New covenant', or that it was:-'the birth of the Christian congregation,' as you say?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what we are discussing via email at this time. So I will not comment on this here, but if you would like to go ahead and "prove it" Keep it simple please.
Ok, will try to give a bit. I am currently trying to respond to the recent email, but yandex, is giving me an issue from sending. I currently have a help desk ticket in. They are flagging my account as a spammer (though I am just speaking with you). I have a reply already, but cannot send it at the moment by email, unless you would like me to PM you the reply here, or just wait.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Robert Gwin,

Yes, the covenant made at Sinai was a conditional covenant, I agree. Made with Israel by God, following their assurance made to God through Moses, that, 'all that the Lord hath spoken we will do' (Exodus 19:5-9) and reiterated in Exodus 24:3, following the giving of the law . Yet, forgive me but I cannot see the relevance of your reference to Luke 22:29, in relation to your statement (quote):- 'we entered into a new covenant Jesus made on the day of His dead Luke 22:29'.

as My Father hath appointed unto Me;
(Luke 22:28-30)

* This was spoken to the 12 disciples.
* The Lord's blood shed at the cross was indeed the blood of the New Covenant, and He will be the Mediator of it, as was Moses in relation to the Old covenant, who sprinkled the blood of the covenant made in that day (Exodus 24:8). As the Old Covenant was made with Israel, so will the New Covenant be (Jeremiah 31:31). It is in abeyance now until Israel become once more in God's eyes, 'My People' . The New Covenant is not in operation at this present time.
* What Scriptural confirmation can you provide to confirm what you say, that the endowment of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was proof of 'the acceptance of the New covenant', or that it was:-'the birth of the Christian congregation,' as you say?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Appoint is better understood as covenant maam, if you research the word you will see why an agreement or covenant was offered to them. With the outpouring of the holy spirit, that agreement or appointment went into force. They became the Israel of God, under that appointing. hope that helps.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, will try to give a bit. I am currently trying to respond to the recent email, but yandex, is giving me an issue from sending. I currently have a help desk ticket in. They are flagging my account as a spammer (though I am just speaking with you). I have a reply already, but cannot send it at the moment by email, unless you would like me to PM you the reply here, or just wait.
Wow! Never heard of that sir. I did miss your reply today, but just thought you weren't able to get to it. If you cannot send it today, sure feel free to post it here. I am just about ready to leave though, so I will not see it till tomorrow. You may have to start a new email, I have no idea what is going on. When you have e'd me it always comes up in the inbox, not spam. Technology is great, but has it's quirks.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! Never heard of that sir. I did miss your reply today, but just thought you weren't able to get to it. If you cannot send it today, sure feel free to post it here. I am just about ready to leave though, so I will not see it till tomorrow. You may have to start a new email, I have no idea what is going on. When you have e'd me it always comes up in the inbox, not spam. Technology is great, but has it's quirks.
Robert, Yandex is a Russian based Search engine and email service. It is not entirely free from hassle, and is even pretty sneaky in that it says it is free, requires no phone, etc to create an account, but once you do, you cannot really receive email, until you log out, and then log back in, and then it requires a phone. So I give it a temp phone, and then delete it a little later. This sometimes will flag the account, after I send emails, for it thinks that the account is a bot-generated account for spammers. I just sent the email using an alternate method, but I had to cut short the previous emails, and only placed the immediate last email, but I still have the emails previously in case they need to be referred to.

It will generally received emails just fine, even if I cannot send out, and you (as others) would normally receive those emails in your inbox. Only Yandex would consider me the spammer, not your email service provider, whether it was standard or temporary/alternate (as the one you are using).

If it gives me any more trouble (though the ticket is still in, hopefully they will just unflag the account, since their garbage bots flagged it), I may have to give you a differing address to contact, or simply continue here, publicly or privately as you see fit.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, Yandex is a Russian based Search engine and email service. It is not entirely free from hassle, and is even pretty sneaky in that it says it is free, requires no phone, etc to create an account, but once you do, you cannot really receive email, until you log out, and then log back in, and then it requires a phone. So I give it a temp phone, and then delete it a little later. This sometimes will flag the account, after I send emails, for it thinks that the account is a bot-generated account for spammers. I just sent the email using an alternate method, but I had to cut short the previous emails, and only placed the immediate last email, but I still have the emails previously in case they need to be referred to.

It will generally received emails just fine, even if I cannot send out, and you (as others) would normally receive those emails in your inbox. Only Yandex would consider me the spammer, not your email service provider, whether it was standard or temporary/alternate (as the one you are using).

If it gives me any more trouble (though the ticket is still in, hopefully they will just unflag the account, since their garbage bots flagged it), I may have to give you a differing address to contact, or simply continue here, publicly or privately as you see fit.

I wish you the best sir, I got it today and responded.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Appoint is better understood as covenant maam, if you research the word you will see why an agreement or covenant was offered to them. With the outpouring of the holy spirit, that agreement or appointment went into force. They became the Israel of God, under that appointing. hope that helps.
'Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom,

(Luk 22:28-30)

Hello @Robert Gwin,

The word 'appoint' in the verse above is G1303 in the Strong's concordance, It is the Greek word, 'diatithemai', meaning:- 'to place separately', to dispose via a will or testament, decree', and is translated:- 'appoint', 'make' and 'testator'. (Luke 22:29, Acts 3:23, Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 9:16, Hebrews 9:17, Hebrews 10:16).

You have made statements concerning Luke 22, which need collaboration. Otherwise it is only supposition, and that is no way to treat the word of God.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

[1] Contextually, What "my ("LORD" "God") law" is being referred to?

[2] Contextually, Who is "the covenant" of vs 31,33 made with?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have to observe your obedience of it to form an opinion sir. I know the Mennonites don't observe it, as I live in an area that many live. Amish as well do not observe it. And like I said, even the 7th day Adventists don't observe it, but they are close.
If only we could find SOMEONE who actually observes the Sabbath in spirit and detail as they ought!

Oh God, if I could only have one drink from the well of truly true and perfectly kept Sabbath, I would never thirst again!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Covenant of God to Noah was not to flood the earth again with water. The covenant of God to Abraham was of promise to him and His seed. The covenant Of God with law of Moses was to the physical seed of promise. The covenant of Christ by grace is with the spiritual seed of promise.

The covenant to Abraham and his seed was made by Christ, who first offered to fulfill it to physical seed upon the mount on earth, and they drew back in the beginning and then crucified Him in the end. And now Christ offers the promise to all who believe as Abraham to be his seed by faith once and for all.

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. (Gal 3:16-17)

Because the one physical seed failed the promise, God did not disannul the promise to Abraham, but rather has fulfilled the promise to the one spiritual seed of Abraham by faith in Christ.

The covenant to Noah will always be kept unto the end of this heaven and earth. The next covenant to Abraham is fulfilled in the last covenant of Christ to the spiritual seed of promise. The old covenant is vanished away with the physical seed of promise.

Unless I missed one or two other covenants, I would say there have been 4: One unto the end of the earth. One fulfilled in the last, and the other between those two vanished away. (Sort of like old Mesopotamia between the two rivers that abide still)

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

[1] Contextually, What "my ("LORD" "God") law" is being referred to?

[2] Contextually, Who is "the covenant" of vs 31,33 made with?
Hello @ReChoired,

It says clearly in verse 31 that the new covenant will be made with 'the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah.'.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom,

Hello @Robert Gwin,

The word 'appoint' in the verse above is G1303 in the Strong's concordance, It is the Greek word, 'diatithemai', meaning:- 'to place separately', to dispose via a will or testament, decree', and is translated:- 'appoint', 'make' and 'testator'. (Luke 22:29, Acts 3:23, Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 9:16, Hebrews 9:17, Hebrews 10:16).

You have made statements concerning Luke 22, which need collaboration. Otherwise it is only supposition, and that is no way to treat the word of God.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
diativqhmi Diatithemai (dee-at-ith'-em-ahee);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 1303

1. to arrange, dispose of, one's own affairs
    1. of something that belongs to one
    2. to dispose of by will, make a testament
  2. to make a covenant, enter into a covenant, with one

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If only we could find SOMEONE who actually observes the Sabbath in spirit and detail as they ought!

Oh God, if I could only have one drink from the well of truly true and perfectly kept Sabbath, I would never thirst again!

It is not necessary Bob, in reality if the sabbath was still law, most everyone would have been executed, I know I would have been. How thankful we can be that we were released from the law through the sacrifice of Jesus. Could you imagine the Christian congregation trying to live by the law covenant?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
diativqhmi Diatithemai (dee-at-ith'-em-ahee);
Word Origin: Greek, Verb, Strong #: 1303

1. to arrange, dispose of, one's own affairs
    1. of something that belongs to one
    2. to dispose of by will, make a testament
  2. to make a covenant, enter into a covenant, with one
as My Father hath appointed unto Me,

Hello @Robert Gwin,

With respect, this of itself is not enough to justify your threefold statement concerning Luke 22:28, (quote)
Robert Gwin said:
Appoint is better understood as covenant maam, if you research the word you will see why 1) an agreement or covenant was offered to them. 2) With the outpouring of the holy spirit, that agreement or appointment went into force. 3) They became the Israel of God, under that appointing. hope that helps.

A covenant cannot be said to be an 'agreement' unless 'conditional': for an agreement requires more than one party to be involved, and in the case of Abram in Genesis 15, he was asleep when that 'unconditional' covenant was made with Him by God. In this case the word has the meaning of 'to assign', for the twelve are assigned to this future role, and no agreement was sought from them in it's assignment. The endowment of the Holy Spirit of the twelve was that promised by the Father, and was not the confirmation of this assignment.

This honour is however indeed 'promised' to the twelve. Granted by the One Who had the authority to delegate it to them, God the Son, Whose Kingdom it will be. It has yet to come into force, for it awaits the coming of Christ in His glory.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not necessary Bob, in reality if the sabbath was still law, most everyone would have been executed, I know I would have been. ...
They are going to be executed, but you refuse to look at links:

These are not for the willingly blind, for they could never see by their own decision, and so I post these to those who desire to see and hear, and know:

Sticks & Stones - Do You Stone The Sabbath Breaker - brother Aaron Earnest

or here:

Sticks & Stones - Do You Stone The Sabbath Breaker - October 19, 2019 - brother Aaron Earnest : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

https://archive.org/download/sticks...tones - Do You Stone The Sabbath Breaker.pptx

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not necessary Bob, in reality if the sabbath was still law, most everyone would have been executed, I know I would have been. How thankful we can be that we were released from the law through the sacrifice of Jesus. Could you imagine the Christian congregation trying to live by the law covenant?
Quote scripture correctly please:

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Mere external conformity without a change of heart is useless. The heart needed to be changed. Once the heart was delivered, the life of God, as seen in Christ Jesus who kept the commandments of God, His Father, would be seen also in them who were delivered. Being delivered from condemnation for transgression of God's law, is not the same as being released from obedience to God's law.
Rom 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

Rom 7:12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Paul did not find within himself (his flesh nature) how to obey God's Law. His mind/heart knew it was right and good to obey, but could not perform the command of God.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Why?, because the Ten Commandments of God are all spiritual (Romans 7:14), and require the Holy Spirit to walk in them, and cannot be fulfilled merely by the flesh.

Paul in Romans 7-8 is describing the exact same thing as he does in Galatians 2.