Covid, Masks, and back to normal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love it: Actually God is bound by His thinking which is logical - just beyond our logic. So I can presume that God is bound by logic, but not human logic!

It is like this: If I decide I need a loaf of bread I will go to the store and get it. Yet if I listen to Him He will have me stop by the post office, bank, and take me to the gas station to minister to some one passing out flyers or a helping a homeless man, all on the way to the store. He might even have the neighbor lady that works at the food bank just drop off some bread to me. I don't know, but what ever He has me do it is far better than my simple logic.
God is bound by His own Word! [God's logic?]

He gave men authority [what some name 'free will'?] over themselves to choose God's Way or the way of mammon. This authority remains in a man until the man runs out of the time allotted to him by God. God restrained by His own Word does force His way into us to accomplish His work.... but He has made the Way by means of Jesus for a person to receive God's help.

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" Rev 3:20

We can always [until there is no more time for us] open that door into us and allow Him to come and by the Holy Spirit lead us along His highway of holiness.

In the OT we see where the natural children of Israel were frequently standing against God preventing Him from blessing them. Instead they effectively received the curses which He has also spoken [His Word] before there were any men. Here the psalmist speaks of this limitation people put on God:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

Finally they ran out of time coming to the end of God's patience and mercy for them:

"Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it." Numb 14:22-24

With us, where is the end of His patience and mercy when we repeatedly go the way of mammon instead of God's Way?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the important part is to listen to the Lord - but we need to be aware of something and that something is that God put people ( those 'government servants' good or bad) in authority!!

The Bible makes it clear that we are to submit to those governing authorities!

Sure God is instrumental in giving people what they ask for....good or bad!

It is also the Same God whose Word teaches;
Acts 5:
[29] Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Jesus is an example of "submitting" to governing authorities....when governing authorities expressly came TO Jesus, Jesus "submitted" without contest, and the authorities Took Jesus into custody.

As far as "governing authorities", offering, implying, suggesting, asking, demanding, etc. I know their lawful limits and ignore what is beyond their limits. They are not, nor have ever been my Father, my Provider, my Caretaker, my Physician, my Grantor, my Savior, etc.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible makes it clear that we are to submit to those governing authorities!

The Bible also makes it clear that the governing authorities will one day demand you take a mark and that you will be damned if you do. No, I don’t think the vaccine is that mark, but I, and some others, can clearly see a trial run being executed.

I mean, look at what our brothers and sisters in Australia are facing - literally not being allowed to buy or sell if they don’t take this jab that injects mRNA into them that instructs their dna on what to produce. That comes too close to a repeat of that other story in the Bible before the flood.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is right! Don't try to put God in the box of human logic. He will not fit. Sometimes God may use such logic to shows us things, but do not presume that God is bound by logic!

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

God may well direct one to get the shot and another not to get the shot. The reasons are God's. He may or may share all of His reasons with you or me or anyone else. The following verse tells us where man walking alone or following the ways of the old man mentioned later by Apostle Paul:

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Here the psalmist inspired by God asks for direction:

"O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!" Psalm 119:5

And here we see Jesus telling where to get the proper direction:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Your so full of it you can't even answer a simple question...

What your spewing out is your own thoughts and has nothing to do with God...

In fact how dare you even associate God with such evil and criminality...

Your just a man and your ideas are yours mate or maybe Satan's thoughts...
Not Gods... You are fallible just like us all...

God cannot be telling one person something that is contrary to what he told someone else...

I just think your overflowing with false pride...
Claiming Gods name for your ideas...

Using Gods name in vain... For your own vain purpose

That's why your unable to answer my simple and valid question

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God cannot be telling one person something that is contrary to what he told someone else...

Easy, man.
You’re going through a lot right now. I know it’s scary.
Keep trusting God.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Easy, man.
You’re going through a lot right now. I know it’s scary.
Keep trusting God.

It's a simple question I asked...
He can't answer it... Instead claiming his infallibility as if he is the pope or something...
Please

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a simple question I asked...
He can't answer it... Instead claiming his infallibility as if he is the pope or something...
Please

I just understood him to be saying that for all he knew God might very well tell one man to get the vaccine and another not to.
God once told a man to marry a prostitute, but He didn't tell every man to do that.

Reactions: amadeus

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh God told me this despite telling them the opposite thing...

Ye sure he did...
Iv said what I had to say and heard what I had to hear

People trying to use the name of God to justify their contrarian reasoning

Like whatever. God cannot be telling one person that the vaccines are toxic while telling another that it's not... That's delusional thinking

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hosea...Gomer...then He told her to get back with her. It's an allegory of Him accepting back the house of Israel, aka the ten tribes, who my ancestor went into exile with.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am certainly fallible, but please do not presume to know my heart! I am really sorry you did not like my answer.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am certainly fallible, but please do not presume to know my heart! I am really sorry you did not like my answer.

You didn't answer my question...
A simple and valid question...
I'll try again

Im not claiming this is what your saying...
This is what some people are saying...

Some are saying the needles are toxic while others are saying there not...
Both are claiming God told them this (your declaring the claim infallible when you do that i believe)
Who is correct???
Please answer instead of trying to dismiss it as you so far have
Thank you

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And another thing...

People say they trust in God then turn around and get the vaccine...
Such people don't trust in God at all. They trust in the vaccine much more than God. They fear death

I trust in God, my life is in his hands not the hands of some experimental syringe...
Im not afraid of death... Im happy if/when God takes me...

Christ is my saviour but for many its the vaccine that is their saviour

Either you trust in God or you trust in the vaccine

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For what it's worth @Cristo Rei .... Amadeus is one of the most humble souls here.... I call him my gentle and tender friend.
He speaks always as he feels led to... and always quotes scripture. He is also older and wiser than me.

I think you have misunderstood him.... AS far as I know... he is an advocate for PRO CHOICE when it comes to the vaccine.

As for those on both sides declaring that God led them to or not to take the vaccine... I'm not sure God can be in this formula...
It's human choice to either receive or NOT receive the vaccine.

Some people will tell you that GOD picked out their outfit for the day.... LOL

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For what it's worth @Cristo Rei .... Amadeus is one of the most humble souls here.... I call him my gentle and tender friend.
He speaks always as he feels led to... and always quotes scripture. He is also older and wiser than me.

I think you have misunderstood him.... AS far as I know... he is an advocate for PRO CHOICE when it comes to the vaccine.

As for those on both sides declaring that God led them to or not to take the vaccine... I'm not sure God can be in this formula...
It's human choice to either receive or NOT receive the vaccine.

Some people will tell you that GOD picked out their outfit for the day.... LOL

Im not attacking him im just asking him a question which he frustratingly avoids cos he can't answer it
I think this is the 3rd time im trying to ask him the same question... I give up if he dismisses it again

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Im not attacking him im just asking him a question which he frustratingly avoids cos he can't answer it
I think this is the 3rd time im trying to ask him the same question... I give up if he dismisses it again
You are not understanding that this is how he speaks... He does not purposely avoid questions... He simply answers them as he feels led...
Anyways... I put my nose in where it does NOT belong... You told him he was FULL of it.

I am so sad that you are hurting so deeply... I can feel your anguish and distress... All I can do is ask Father to continue to keep bringing you back to HIS STILLNESS. I LOVE YOU my friend.... Tenderly... Addy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are not understanding that this is how he speaks... He does not purposely avoid questions... He simply answers them as he feels led...
Anyways... I put my nose in where it does NOT belong... You told him he was FULL of it.

I am so sad that you are hurting so deeply... I can feel your anguish and distress... All I can do is ask Father to continue to keep bringing you back to HIS STILLNESS. I LOVE YOU my friend.... Tenderly... Addy

Remember when we were talking about using Gods word in vain... Well this is what i think it means...
When someone says "God told me..." when all your really doing is using HIS name to justify YOUR idea...
That's vanity? Using Gods name to justify your own subjective thinking

And its like, well God told me this so it must be true and a person reaches that point where they think they are infallible...
Their just full of it i reckon...

God cannot be telling one person that the vaccines are toxic while telling another that its safe

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God cannot be telling one person that the vaccines are toxic while telling another that its safe
You are correct.... but God could be keeping HIS nose out of people's choices.... WHO has made a big deal of these vaccines and this pandemic... Is it GOD???? NOPE... it's human beings.... THIS should have been GET the vax or DON'T get the vax.... it did not turn out this way.

Those who prayed and felt it safe to take the vaccine are not less wise than those of us who have chosen NOT to take the vaccine...
At this point... If I wanted to be sensible... I SHOULD just drop my stupid stubbornness and get the vaccine already... It would make things easier and my landlords would sure be happy... PLUS I would get to eat in restaurants again... but NOPE.... I am choosing to remain unvaccinated.

My choice has NOTHING to do with God.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh God told me this despite telling them the opposite thing...

Ye sure he did...
Iv said what I had to say and heard what I had to hear

People trying to use the name of God to justify their contrarian reasoning

Like whatever. God cannot be telling one person that the vaccines are toxic while telling another that it's not... That's delusional thinking

God didn’t directly say to me, don’t get this jab. I’m following my conscience in it. I doubt He has spoken aloud, directly, to anyone about it, but I don’t know that for sure. Just because He doesn’t speak directly to me with locutions (except once) doesn’t mean He doesn’t do that with others.

If your conscience is screaming at you that to not get it is not loving others, then get it.
If your conscience is screaming at you that you don’t feel it’s right, don’t get it.
If your conscience isn’t telling you anything either way but you are frightened of COVID or dying by COVID, get it.

But whether you do or don’t, leave others to God.

Last edited: