Covid, Masks, and back to normal

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is: Who are we agreeing with?

That is: If I talk to our Lord Jesus Christ and He asks me to wear a mask, then I need to agree with Him and wear it. Yet if I am out to agree or disagree with other people then I fail to understand what being a Christian is all about.

Now that said - I have notice in my conversations with Him that He expects me to come under authority. So if the authorities who God put in place make dictates, even if they are not listening to the Lord, then normally He expects me to abide by those dictates. I can think of a few times when He asked me to follow Him instead of them. Indeed, He always asks me to follow Him and all authority comes down through Him, so normally He asks me to follow the authorities He had put in place.

So as for me, He told me to wear a mask!

So they help?

You know - He never brought that up with me. He did tell me that Covid was not going to be a problem for me. I guess it hasn't been, though I remember starting to go into a place when I forgot to put on the mask and had to run back to my car for it. That was not much of a problem so I don't think it counts against Him. In general wear a mask has not been much of a problem. He also once asked me to not wear a mask when a store asked people to wear masks in the store. Still, the store did not actually require it for people who had been vaccinated, like me. That time I was just running into the store to get something quickly. Normally I get more from that grocery store and He asks me to wear a mask to make people feel comfortable.

The point is that we need to talk with Him and listen to that we are coming into agreement with HIM - our Lord Jesus Christ!!
I am striving to always agree with God! Men are able I guess to swing back and forth on what is good or evil. They did eat of that wrong tree so long ago. They have the seed of that first Adam and many going that way.

Some of course they have accepted and received that which Jesus brought and are living according to Him! Some are sheep who are hearing His voice and following His lead!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am striving to always agree with God! Men are able I guess to swing back and forth on what is good or evil. They did eat of that wrong tree so long ago. They have the seed of that first Adam and many going that way.

Some of course they have accepted and received that which Jesus brought and are living according to Him! Some are sheep who are hearing His voice and following His lead!

If someone is hearing His voice and following His lead - then surely they have asked Him about Covid and discussed whether it is wise for them to get the vaccine?

He might not give the same advice to everyone, because of circumstance like age, health, their personal environment and so forth. But still He said knowledge would increase and vaccines, even the current one, have helped many. So what is God (being called Wisdom in the Bible) going to probably going to be telling you? Still any and every Christian needs to be talking to Him personally - and I mean listening to Him!!!

Reactions: amadeus

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Back to normal? Don't make me laugh!
I believe that I'm not to get the vaccine. The last time I had a belief to not take a medical treatment, I instead listened to my doctor. I had a near-death experience. On the plus side, I did get to see Jesus in the New Jerusalem. Lol
Since I said no to my doctor twice about getting the vaccine, he hasn't returned my call.
This world is stupid. I'm here for as long as I'm here for. And when I'm gone...yippee!
No more death, no more mourning, no more crying...or pain.
I am on the road...to my home...in the New Jerusalem!
And nobody can stop me!
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.… - Romans 8:38,39

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is hearing His voice and following His lead - then surely they have asked Him about Covid and discussed whether it is wise for them to get the vaccine?

He might not give the same advice to everyone, because of circumstance like age, health, their personal environment and so forth. But still He said knowledge would increase and vaccines, even the current one, have helped many. So what is God (being called Wisdom in the Bible) going to probably going to be telling you? Still any and every Christian needs to be talking to Him personally - and I mean listening to Him!!!
I will not tempt God by presuming the direction He leads me will be precisely the same for every other believer. There are babes in the Lord and there are those who are, or are to be, mature members of the Body of Christ. There are also many different members of the Body of Christ with different functions as God has shown them. Who but God knows them all?

While I may hurt for people who do not know God and trust Him how can I advice them what man or group of experts they should follow to lead them the right way [man's right way] in this chaotic mess today?

I have family and friends who do not know what to do. I wish I could give them all the right advice, but I only can only help when and if God gives me what they need and they are willing to receive it.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to normal? Don't make me laugh!
I believe that I'm not to get the vaccine. The last time I had a belief to not take a medical treatment, I instead listened to my doctor. I had a near-death experience. On the plus side, I did get to see Jesus in the New Jerusalem. Lol
Since I said no to my doctor twice about getting the vaccine, he hasn't returned my call.
This world is stupid. I'm here for as long as I'm here for. And when I'm gone...yippee!
No more death, no more mourning, no more crying...or pain.
I am on the road...to my home...in the New Jerusalem!
And nobody can stop me!
38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor principalities, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.… - Romans 8:38,39

As Christians, we need to walk by faith - but not just any faith - it is faith in Jesus Christ!!!

What is does faith in Jesus Christ mean??

It means we believe in HIM!!

So who is Jesus Christ that we might believe in Him?

Well - He is the Word of God - meaning that He has the words of God and we, as His sheep can hear from Him.

He is God so He has the attributes of God such and being omni-present - which we see in His name "I AM" - so we can always talk to Him and hear what He has to say to us.

Jesus Christ is Lord - meaning that He is like our boss in that a Lord gives His servants instructions which we can and need to get from Him personally.

I could write a lot more on this line - but the point is that we have put our faith in Jesus Christ is means we are seeking Him and advice, instructions, and are hearing from Him in words that we pick up in our spirit - because God (Him) is spirit so we hear from His Holy Spirit.

So as a Christian I seek Him by faith, hear words in my spirit from His Holy Spirit, and I put by faith in what I hear!!

Now God is not the only spirit so I do need to use some discernment of spirits. Still it is written that all those who seek find. Therefore part of putting my faith in Him is that if I seek Him I will find Him, hear from Him, and while I test the spirits (1 Jn 4:1-3)

There is another faith I have seen people have - and it is a faith in themselves!!

They have a plan or a feeling, and they put faith in that plan of feeling. They have not actually sought the Lord Jesus Christ, heard words from Him, but they say they have faith. They do have faith but it is in themselves. It might work out for them it might not. They could think that feeling is from God, and it might be or it might not, have they checked the spirits, listened, or really sought the Lord - or have they just assumed that feeling that came to they was from God?

I know that it is not always easy to know, so I feel it is important to actually seek the Lord Jesus Christ - and not just assume some feeling is from Him.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps a still, small, inner voice, like my own, but not originating from my own thoughts.
For instance, this appeared in my head one day:

Seek a reason to unwind
In this season you will find
Give to others and it will seem
That you are living in a dream

While you're down there on your knees
I will listen to your pleas
When you go, I'll be with you
So others will be made brand new

Just before you pass away
I will save you from the grave
Seek the Lord with all your heart
And I will bless you from the start

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps a still, small, inner voice, like my own, but not originating from my own thoughts.
For instance, this appeared in my head one day:

Seek a reason to unwind
In this season you will find
Give to others and it will seem
That you are living in a dream

While you're down there on your knees
I will listen to your pleas
When you go, I'll be with you
So others will be made brand new

Just before you pass away
I will save you from the grave
Seek the Lord with all your heart
And I will bless you from the start

I love the poem - obviously sounds like the Holy Spirit bringing you words from the Lord

Therefore we have the Holy Spirit around and with us. So what about asking Him about what to do in our lives, since He is around. We can ask Him about Covid and about wearing masks and listen to what He has to say to us personally - I mean He is not only good for getting great poems is He?

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I love the poem - obviously sounds like the Holy Spirit bringing you words from the Lord

Therefore we have the Holy Spirit around and with us. So what about asking Him about what to do in our lives, since He is around. We can ask Him about Covid and about wearing masks and listen to what He has to say to us personally - I mean He is not only good for getting great poems is He?
He is with us...and will be in us! Who is He to me? I am with the Father, in the Spirit, by the Son. And if this wasn't enough, He intercedes for me...wuah, wuah, wuah! Far out, man! Lol

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is with us...and will be in us! Who is He to me? I am with the Father, in the Spirit, by the Son. And if this wasn't enough, He intercedes for me...wuah, wuah, wuah! Far out, man! Lol

Yes - the above is all correct - but where is the talking back and forth part of knowing Him? Where is the relationship with Him?

I don't want to come across wrong - and the relationship with Him part my just not have been mentioned - but I run across people who give glory to the Lord, believe He is with them, understand that He takes care of them, but they never seem to actually listen to Him! I am not saying that is the case with Truman - but for me it is hearing from Him that means so much to me!!!

Yes He has done incredible things in my life, but how do I really know He is there? He tells me He is there! He tells me that He love me saying" Karl, I love you." and that get me. He will tell me things He is going to do, and when they then come to pass I know it was Him because He told me He was going to do them. He will tell me where to go and when, and then pull of unexpected incredible things. He like giving His kids surprises.

He will talk to me and give me wisdom, teachings, and wise counsel.

Like when He once told me, "Karl, they call me Wonderful Counselor and I am. But I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to me."

So it is that I see Christians say things like "OH God will protect me and provide for me"... Yet if He plans on doing that by having you get the vaccine and has provided it to you free of charge but you are unwilling to listen to Him because you think He is just going to provided for you and protect you but you don't talk to Him to find out if there is something you need to do, then is that His fault if you get really sick and die from Covid? NO -= that would not be His fault, that would be your fault because you didn't seek Him and His counsel for you.

I am not saying that everyone needs to get the vaccine, but I am saying that everyone needs to seek the Lord and listen to Him. Yeah He does great things, and it is written that knowledge with increase - so is that not also from Him? If we call Him "Lord" then don't we also have an obligation to find out what He has to say to us?

The Lord, He is God, but is He even our Lord if we don't spend some time listening to what He has to say to us personally?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes - the above is all correct - but where is the talking back and forth part of knowing Him? Where is the relationship with Him?

I don't want to come across wrong - and the relationship with Him part my just not have been mentioned - but I run across people who give glory to the Lord, believe He is with them, understand that He takes care of them, but they never seem to actually listen to Him! I am not saying that is the case with Truman - but for me it is hearing from Him that means so much to me!!!

Yes He has done incredible things in my life, but how do I really know He is there? He tells me He is there! He tells me that He love me saying" Karl, I love you." and that get me. He will tell me things He is going to do, and when they then come to pass I know it was Him because He told me He was going to do them. He will tell me where to go and when, and then pull of unexpected incredible things. He like giving His kids surprises.

He will talk to me and give me wisdom, teachings, and wise counsel.

Like when He once told me, "Karl, they call me Wonderful Counselor and I am. But I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to me."

So it is that I see Christians say things like "OH God will protect me and provide for me"... Yet if He plans on doing that by having you get the vaccine and has provided it to you free of charge but you are unwilling to listen to Him because you think He is just going to provided for you and protect you but you don't talk to Him to find out if there is something you need to do, then is that His fault if you get really sick and die from Covid? NO -= that would not be His fault, that would be your fault because you didn't seek Him and His counsel for you.

I am not saying that everyone needs to get the vaccine, but I am saying that everyone needs to seek the Lord and listen to Him. Yeah He does great things, and it is written that knowledge with increase - so is that not also from Him? If we call Him "Lord" then don't we also have an obligation to find out what He has to say to us?

The Lord, He is God, but is He even our Lord if we don't spend some time listening to what He has to say to us personally?
I see Christians do all kinds of things I don't like, but unless the Lord tells me to say something, I try to mind my own business.
In other words, I work my program, you work your program, and we try to get along. Okey dokey?
He once told me, "There is no man as blind as the blind man who believes he sees." At the time, I wondered what friend He was telling me about. Of course, He meant me.
My times are in His hands. He doesn't want me to get the vaccine. If I am wrong and die, I get to go back to see Him.
I'm here because He wants me here. I want to do what He wants because He loves me so. He showed me. In a burning bush. Shalom.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I live a very quiet life... I am a recluse if you will... I do have a niece and cousin who come to take me out for coffee once in awhile... or for errands. I do not have a vehicle... I don't own a television... I don't have a phone of any kind... I have one little Chrome Book which is how I do all my communicating... I have a daughter who lives about 7 hours south of me... and so to visit her... would simply mean a car ride.

I am not afraid of the virus... I don't quite understand what it is... but I do feel it is something... I refuse to get into conspiracy theories...
The issue I have with the vaccine is that I do not trust it...they have not had enough time to test it... everything was done on warp speed... things got approved way before they normally would have... First we were told... two shots... 8 weeks apart... and then we were told ... two shots... BUT we have decided to ignore that and just give as many first shots as possible... then we were just told within the last week that the Astra Zeneca shot ( of which some people have 2 shots ) will NOT be accepted for travel into the UNITED STATES... because it is not FDA approved...
That kind of response bothers me... and it absolutely squashes any trust on my part. I don't get yearly flu shots either.. My exposure to people is minimal.

When I say I realize I am forfeiting certain luxuries/pleasures... I am not a traveller... I am not a shopper... I don't go to restaurants... I don't go to theatres... or gyms... I live on the lake... and I have two landlords who are in the 70's... I truly live a simple and blessed life.

My daughter on the other hand will most likely choose to get vaccinated due to her job and requirement to eventually travel. I have no issue with those who get the vaccine.. I fully understand... for me it was simply a lifestyle choice.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for... but it's all I have... LOL

Well it's good that you are able to live a happy life without those things you have forfeited. I guess you have hobbies that don't require much travelling and that is good.

I love reading, painting and sketching and music myself. Throughout lockdowns those things kept me going

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The question is: Who are we agreeing with?

That is: If I talk to our Lord Jesus Christ and He asks me to wear a mask, then I need to agree with Him and wear it. Yet if I am out to agree or disagree with other people then I fail to understand what being a Christian is all about.

Now that said - I have notice in my conversations with Him that He expects me to come under authority. So if the authorities who God put in place make dictates, even if they are not listening to the Lord, then normally He expects me to abide by those dictates. I can think of a few times when He asked me to follow Him instead of them. Indeed, He always asks me to follow Him and all authority comes down through Him, so normally He asks me to follow the authorities He had put in place.

So as for me, He told me to wear a mask!

So they help?

You know - He never brought that up with me. He did tell me that Covid was not going to be a problem for me. I guess it hasn't been, though I remember starting to go into a place when I forgot to put on the mask and had to run back to my car for it. That was not much of a problem so I don't think it counts against Him. In general wear a mask has not been much of a problem. He also once asked me to not wear a mask when a store asked people to wear masks in the store. Still, the store did not actually require it for people who had been vaccinated, like me. That time I was just running into the store to get something quickly. Normally I get more from that grocery store and He asks me to wear a mask to make people feel comfortable.

The point is that we need to talk with Him and listen to that we are coming into agreement with HIM - our Lord Jesus Christ!!

Exactly , be led by God

Reactions: Truman

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do agree that masks can help! I wear one whenever I go out. My wife rarely goes out at all because too many people, it seems to me, are more concerned with self than with others:

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil 2:3

We all very fortunate that Jesus was so selfless. Who is really striving to be like Him? Sometimes I do wonder about this. How selfless are any of us? How much like Jesus are any of us?

Well it's good to think of others and wear mask if you can, to protect them or make them feel less nervous

However, please remember some people are mask exempt and as most disabilities are not visible, you won't know who is being selfish and who is genuinely unable to wear one.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I live in California and while the Governor put some restrictions on mask wearing that everyone had to comply with, he recently relaxed those restrictions. I believe the restrictions in the state, concerning mask wearing, are still tougher than the CDC's restrictions for the country. Yet, at least around where I have been, it seems like nobody is aware of the relaxations of the marks orders by either the CDC or the Governor of the state.

It seems that the society still has this extreme fear, not based on science, not based on government recommendation, and not based on the laws of the land. It's like we have gotten into something (in our heads) that we can get out of.

Now I am fully vaccinated, because of the science, the government recommendations, and even the laws and rules that are around. It of course was the most logical reasoning based on the information available. It seems to me that people are operating their lives on fear instead of logic based reasoning. Or maybe with are just such creatures of habit? I mean when we were first told to wear masks people didn't want to do that either and the numbers seemed to be worse at that point in time than now and real reason that we stood a good change of getting it.

Now I wear the mask still because everyone else is. I did go into the market once but everyone else was wearing their masks. So maybe it's the fear of pear pressure, and I have that too? I don't want to make people feel uncomfortable, but I hate wearing a mask. It's hard to breath, it fogs up my glassed, it distracts me and even partially blocks my vision (though not much), it feels like I don't have as much freedom, it is something else I have to remember to do (put on the mask), and frankly it doesn't feel as healthy (constantly have to breath through a mask that is probably collecting a bunch of particles and germs just from the air coming and going through it (so do I want it the closest thing to me?)

Anyway - what are others thoughts on this?

Your vaccinated yet you wear a mask...
Very logical indeed...

U know that u can still catch and transmit covid yet u fell for the whole "herd immunity" propaganda... You've only got yourself to blame for not following the science...
Clue - Science does not censor. Truth does not censor

You thought that life was going to go back to normal if you complied with the experimental vaccines... Now you see that its not going back to normal... Wake up... Wait till winter arrives cos there will still be fear mongering over cases

I would say your thought process is lacking more than logic. It's lacking common sense

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...It seems that the society still has this extreme fear, not based on science...
Correct. That was the whole idea of DAILY FEAR-MONGERING. Brainwash the population into thinking that the bubonic plague has arrived, when everything about the COVID pandemic was bogus. Now fear rules and freedom is finished.

As to what the government and public health officials have been doing, it was simply flip-flopping on a daily basis since there was absolutely no science in any of this nonsense. They deliberately perverted medical science for their own tyranny.

Follow the money is the fundamental rule when chasing criminals, and when you follow the money it was all about Big Pharma getting BILLIONS of dollars, and sharing some of that generosity with the conspirators. As to Newsom, he should have been fired, and instead California put this rascal back in office. That is of course normal for California, which has been totally destroyed by the Democrats.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet, the phat pharm is only a bit player on the international scene.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The problem with just saying " God told me" is that many other people are claiming God told them the exact opposite thing...

You can't both be right. Someone is just listening to their own thoughts or the thoughts of the evil one...

That's why it amazes me how anyone can be claiming anything about vaccines in the name of God...

I prefer to use deductive reasoning, scientific logic and common sense on such earthly matters.

Example. Censorship is the mark of a pseudo-science and should never be accepted...

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with just saying " God told me" is that many other people are claiming God told them the exact opposite thing...

You can't both be right. Someone is just listening to their own thoughts or the thoughts of the evil one...

That's why it amazes me how anyone can be claiming anything about vaccines in the name of God...

I prefer to use deductive reasoning, scientific logic and common sense on such earthly matters.

Example. Censorship is the mark of a pseudo-science and should never be accepted...

The Lord is personal!!

Not everyone does the same thing, so we can't expect that everyone is going to hear the same thing. So to say that I am going to use my deductive reasoning, scientific logic, and my common sense on such earthy matters is just leaning on our own understanding instead of seek the Lord for advice!! And using the fact that the Lord tells people different instructions at times to justify our ignoring Him makes no sense - even if our nonsense (not seek the Lord our God) is our common sense. It might and seems to indeed be common to not seek the Lord, but that doesn't mean it's wise. It is certainly not what we read to do in the Bible.

Prov 3:5,6Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

Prov 4:2 For I give you sound teaching;
Do not abandon my instruction.

We can find lots of reason to not seek the words the Lord has for us, and can there be a worse reason than that He told one person to do one thing and another to do another. Do you really expect Him to tell everyone to do the exact same thing? Still, each of us are responsible to Him for seeking Him by faith.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Follow the voice of the glorious great shepard . Lambs loving every word of the glorious Lord .
And a stranger , a hirelings voice they will not heed . For they follow the lamb wheresoever He does lead them .
Let the glorious Lord be praised my friend .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your vaccinated yet you wear a mask...
Very logical indeed...

U know that u can still catch and transmit covid yet u fell for the whole "herd immunity" propaganda... You've only got yourself to blame for not following the science...
Clue - Science does not censor. Truth does not censor

You thought that life was going to go back to normal if you complied with the experimental vaccines... Now you see that its not going back to normal... Wake up... Wait till winter arrives cos there will still be fear mongering over cases

I would say your thought process is lacking more than logic. It's lacking common sense

As for wearing a mask though vaccinated - He told me to in order to make other people feel comfortable.

Paul wrote something about being all things to all people for the sake of the gospel.

It is sad that so many people are so fearful, but if the Lord need me to wear a mask around people to comfort then in their fear - is that too much to ask of me? Certainly not. I don't believe I need the mask, and I don't believe some should be so fearful, but that is ok. The bigger problem is people getting rebellious against the Lord and not seeking Him for what they need to do. Failure to seek the the One who we claim is our Lord on things like whether He wants us to wear a mask and get vaccinate is rebellion whether we think it or not. It is certainly not making Him your Lord, but is rather ignoring Him, as if the Word of God was dead to you.

Reactions: Brakelite