Craft Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
This was my garden a couple of years ago.
13043346_1740941669482007_1197769803905954766_n.jpg
It's lovely!
A real English garden.
I'm from New York...we have manicured gardens over there and we have one here that my husband and I put together. We had to get a gardener last year. I really liked taking care of it myself. But the back...And hubby can't anymore.

Oh well. It's still pretty to look at!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's lovely!
A real English garden.
I'm from New York...we have manicured gardens over there and we have one here that my husband and I put together. We had to get a gardener last year. I really liked taking care of it myself. But the back...And hubby can't anymore.

Oh well. It's still pretty to look at!
Pretty to look at is good. When we came here 33 years ago it ours was just a long straight lawn with a narrow border a straight path and another narrow border. My husband and I have made it like this. He laid the curved path and dug out a pond, which no longer has fish in it. It is easy maintenance without the lawn but most of the flowers these days are self seeded; we have lots of orange and yellow poppies, violets and aquilegias. We also have a magnolia, a forsythia, a smoke bush and others and lots of self seeded ferns. It still looks lovely but a lot more wild/natural.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I used to oil paint, I loved doing beach scenes best. But it takes so much time . . . alas!

I have a picture on my wall of the ocean...beautiful waves are moving.

I was never able to paint "moving" water....mine never moved :(

Once I got hooked on bluebell woods in England...I did 4 paining of them...I could get moving trees onto the canvas, but never water....

Reactions: Pearl and marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have never really been very good at embroidery, and don't really enjoy it. The closest I get to it is cross stitch, but I always start them and never finish !!
I use to knit and crochet, which I did enjoy.
Me and friend use to organise crafts for 30 under five years olds, which we loved to do. Finding things and using our imaginations as to what we could make from it. We put together a three year rotation craft activity program , which I believe they still use. I miss those days - we had so much fun, loved doing the Christmas crafts for the children party.
Rita
I congratulate you for the eyesight you must have that is good enough still to do such close work... :)

(Just acquired a pair of reading glasses...)

B

Butterfly

Are you sure you quoted the right post Farouk, as I do not sew, sure I like cross stitch at times - but I definately need to wear glasses - I am at that stage in my life wear I definately need glasses for reading and seeing things- I also use my dads magnifying glass at times !
Rita

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Are you sure you quoted the right post Farouk, as I do not sew, sure I like cross stitch at times - but I definately need to wear glasses - I am at that stage in my life wear I definately need glasses for reading and seeing things- I also use my dads magnifying glass at times !
Rita
I think I was generally referring to close work; and so I see you do need some magnifying as well....

(Join the club, so to speak...) :)

B

Butterfly

@Pearl - your craft work is so lovely - Love the quilt , always wanted a quilt but they are just so expensive to buy , and as I said earlier, I hate sewing , so I cannot make one myself !
Rita

Reactions: Pearl and farouk