Craft Thread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody do craftwork or needlework? This is my work in progress patchwork. @Nancy @"ByGrace" @Butterfly @Mayflower @Grams

308946_69bb75d8724648e390fb2db8b33f7661.png

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wish @Pearl

I love, love, loved knitting. Knitted for years.
Trouble is I can never do anything by halves. Id stay up half the night finishing a sleeve.

My other great passion was painting...loved to paint, and enjoyed those years too. Dave would get so mad at me...he would stomp out to the kitchen at 3 am saying "Get to bed, you will be no good in the morning>"

I'd forget to eat or drink when I painted.

I didn't stop because it obsessed me, I stopped because I messed up my back and couldn't sit on the stool for 11 months. After that, when I tried to paint it was make my back ache...I very sadly gave it up. :(

Any crafts -
@stunnedbygrace @GodsGrace

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wish @Pearl

Trouble is I can never do anything by halves. Id stay up half the night finishing a sleeve.

My other great passion was painting...loved to paint, and enjoyed those years too. Dave would get so mad at me...he would stomp out to the kitchen at 3 am saying "Get to bed, you will be no good in the morning>"

I didn't stop because it obsessed me, I stopped because I messed up my back and couldn't sit on the stool for 11 months. After that, when I tried to paint it was make my back ache...I very sadly gave it up. :(

Any crafts -
I used to knit and crochet and do embroidery and would have loved to paint too. I did try for a while and was just getting to grips with colour mixing when I had to pack it all away cos my grandkids were coming to stay and slept in my hobby room. I got discouraged after that as it felt like starting again from scratch.

B

Butterfly

I have never really been very good at embroidery, and don't really enjoy it. The closest I get to it is cross stitch, but I always start them and never finish !!
I use to knit and crochet, which I did enjoy.
Me and friend use to organise crafts for 30 under five years olds, which we loved to do. Finding things and using our imaginations as to what we could make from it. We put together a three year rotation craft activity program , which I believe they still use. I miss those days - we had so much fun, loved doing the Christmas crafts for the children party.
Rita

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I wish @Pearl

Any crafts -
Hi H,

We should start a hobby thread or something.
I used to sew...I mean really. I'd make jackets too, lined.
One time when my daughter was about 4, I made the same dress for me and her. Also made pants and stuff for my son when he was little.
It sued to be fun...now it's a pain. I put my sewing machine away. If I have something to sew (not clothes!) I put it all together and then take it to a seamstress...she's nice and charges just a few dollars.

I used to love bike riding, but I guess that's different.

Oh. Cooking. I have a big interest in cooking, but that's starting to wain too.
It must be OLD AGE!

I could knit but all I could do was use one type of stitch and make REALLY LONG scarves! I let that go.

I think that's it as far as crafts.
I wish I knew how to paint...I think that's great.
It also requires a keen sense of detail. Artists see things we don't see.

Oh! I used to do those needlepoint things...can't remember what it's called...
This:

upload_2019-6-25_22-35-30.jpeg

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have. This is it. :)
Oh!
I thought you said Crafts....

Hobbies:

My goodness:
I used to love to read a book a week.
I loved to travel and visit different places and speak to the locals.
I used to teach our faith to kids and I really enjoyed that.
I love trying different foods....

see:
It was easier when you said crafts!!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh!
I thought you said Crafts....

Hobbies:

My goodness:
I used to love to read a book a week.
I loved to travel and visit different places and speak to the locals.
I used to teach our faith to kids and I really enjoyed that.
I love trying different foods....

see:
It was easier when you said crafts!!
I'm not sure what you mean. Crafts is what this thread was supposed to be about but I/m sure nobody will mind talking about other sorts of hobbies too.

I like reading and get through two or three a week, but I don't travel and am quite conservative about my food. I used to enjoy gardening but these days I'm limited to what I can do so it's all gone to pot.

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I'm not sure what you mean. Crafts is what this thread was supposed to be about but I/m sure nobody will mind talking about other sorts of hobbies too.

I like reading and get through two or three a week, but I don't travel and am quite conservative about my food. I used to enjoy gardening but these days I'm limited to what I can do so it's all gone to pot.
LOL
Ditto.
I feel the same!
I forgot about gardening...yeah, I used to love that too.

God is good. He let's us experience letting go of things a little bit at a time so we don't go into shock!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL
Ditto.
I feel the same!
I forgot about gardening...yeah, I used to love that too.

God is good. He let's us experience letting go of things a little bit at a time so we don't go into shock!
I always say we have to appreciate and enjoy what we can still do and not moan about what we can't. Life seems to shrink as I get older but I still enjoy it to the full. And like you say it has been a gradual slowing down so we get used to it. :)

Reactions: GodsGrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish @Pearl

Any crafts -

I used to oil paint, I loved doing beach scenes best. But it takes so much time . . . alas!

Reactions: Helen