Crazy or not

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

yellowstar

Feb 27, 2008
One of my friends at school says that Jesus was crazy because he heard voices and saw people appear. He says that now, doctors call this schizoprenia.My friend says that christianity is based on some guy who would have probably been kept in a hospital if he lived in our time.I`m not a doctor, so I dont know about schizoprenia. I dont think Jesus was crazy. Sometimes he was hard to understand and he seemed to like pain, but it does`nt meen he was crazy.

kentots

Feb 20, 2008
There is a difference between crazy and reality, what Christ saw was a reality, what somebody on PCP sees is crazy. Christ doesn't like pain, he died on the cross (not because he liked it), but to sacrifice himself for our sake.

lilithb

Dec 5, 2007
LOL Since I am schizoprenic, I can honestly say that I doubt that Jesus was crazy.He was anointed by the HOLY spirit and he followed what was told .We all have a conscious that tell us when we do wrong.. You know that little feeling inside that lets you know when you screw up . Many people, are intuned to the spirit and many are not.. Jesus was highly intuned.So we have our conscience and we have our own mind or our experiences. But when you’re a Christian, you not only have your conscience to speak to you and your own heart to speak to you, but now you have the Holy Spirit to speak to you and it causes things to be amplified and get louder and make it even clearer.More people would hear God's voice, if they would listen but most are so busy talking and telling other folks how to live, they seldom can hear God speaking to their hearts.

chrissy

Nov 26, 2008
And what kind of world do we live in today? How many people serve God and follow His commandments? Being on a christian site...wouldn't you think people understand spirituality? What is "crazy" ?

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
(yellowstar;38293)
One of my friends at school says that Jesus was crazy because he heard voices and saw people appear. He says that now, doctors call this schizoprenia.My friend says that christianity is based on some guy who would have probably been kept in a hospital if he lived in our time.I`m not a doctor, so I dont know about schizoprenia. I dont think Jesus was crazy. Sometimes he was hard to understand and he seemed to like pain, but it does`nt meen he was crazy.
I'm glad your friend knows so much. I wish I had something to say but sometimes there just is no response to stupidity. From what you have said your friend knows very little about Christianity and considering their ignorance the next time they bring it up do yourself a favor and ignore them.

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
I think the greater question is this: who gets to decide what is normal? Thew world? Not. I have heard it said that "normal is just a setting on the dryer"!! LOL.... I think this is true,,,, One thing is certain though, we cannot have the world, secular psychiatrists like Fraud for instance, who just hated God and thought that religion in general was a sign of psychosis, determine for us what is normal and what is not. Another little quaint saying is that "everyone seems normal until you get to know them." blessings,ken