CRAZY weather

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is crazy weather here in the UK also. Nearly every month last year broke some record or other. This month has brought very heavy rain, storms and extensive unprecedented flooding. Where we are in the NW of England we don't seem to get the extremes and although we are quite near a river no chance of flooding as we are on a hill.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've had cloud cover, rain and very little snow which is really weird. Today, we are expecting snowy/rainy weather. I have not seen the sun in months! Heavy winds up to 45 MPH with gusts of 70 MPH.
Let's all be safe!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had flooding this year and it was unprecedented also, broke records in river levels. And now we are seeing a little snow but it doesn't look like much. My Dad grew up here and said we used to get 5 feet of snow and when I was a kid I remember a couple feet. Now we're lucky to get a foot of snow. But weather does that over the years regardless of any global warming fearmongers concerns.

We know there are ice ages and catastrophic flooding in earth's history. The archaeologists have uncovered evidence of such. But I think we're OK in our age. I do believe Jesus is returning soon also, but who knows when?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yesterday was weird. Rainy, warm winds, gusting, temp in after noon 69…later after noon steady gusts, temp 49 and swift black clouds, thunder, some lightening. Tornado watches and warnings. Temps are actual with the feel 10-15 cooler. Today some sun, but a repeat and cooler over next week, so far.

Have a dozen outdoor water pipes and spigots wrapping today. Burrr.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday was weird. Rainy, warm winds, gusting, temp in after noon 69…later after noon steady gusts, temp 49 and swift black clouds, thunder, some lightening. Tornado watches and warnings. Temps are actual with the feel 10-15 cooler. Today some sun, but a repeat and cooler over next week, so far.

Have a dozen outdoor water pipes and spigots wrapping today. Burrr.
There was an almost unheard of tornado which hit part of Greater Manchester a week or so ago and damaged a good number of properties, taking off the roofs and causing gable ends to collapse.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was an almost unheard of tornado which hit part of Greater Manchester a week or so ago and damaged a good number of properties, taking off the roofs and causing gable ends to collapse.

Yikes!

Even where tornados are not, the winds are ripping carports up, small sheds, uprooting 15 + year old trees. The prolonged hot summer weather stressed quite a few of our “pine” trees. Lightening hit two 60 foot trees and had to cut them down. Now have the high winds dropping branches like crazy.

Are basements a usual thing or unusual thing in your area?

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yikes!

Even where tornados are not, the winds are ripping carports up, small sheds, uprooting 15 + year old trees. The prolonged hot summer weather stressed quite a few of our “pine” trees. Lightening hit two 60 foot trees and had to cut them down. Now have the high winds dropping branches like crazy.

Are basements a usual thing or unusual thing in your area?

God Bless you.

Glory to God,
Taken
There been some very large trees brought down in the road ours runs into, also one year the whole gable end blew of one of the large houses opposite us.

Some houses have basement or as we call them cellars, and not just the big houses either.

My Aunt and uncle had a grocery shop with a small cellar where he use to make ice cream. (When we would visit on a sunday he would never give us ice cream or sweets because he was a lay Methodist preacher.)

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There been some very large trees brought down in the road ours runs into, also one year the whole gable end blew of one of the large houses opposite us.

Some houses have basement or as we call them cellars, and not just the big houses either.

My Aunt and uncle had a grocery shop with a small cellar where he use to make ice cream. (When we would visit on a sunday he would never give us ice cream or sweets because he was a lay Methodist preacher.)

Typically we call “rooms under a house” a basement if the entrance stairs are in the house, and a cellar if the entrance stairs are on the outside of the house.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks Taken and all who are concerned for us. Yeah, today was a really bad weather and I went out too for a while. Upon my way home there were pellets hitting my face and I turned and blocked it as much as possible while waiting for the lights. They said it was above zero degrees but it felt colder. I hope March will be warmer and sunnier because I don't like it to be too cold or not have soft snow at least. It felt scary, my computer closed down and I had no internet for a while so I was even more lonely.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our last one was Henk.
Yes I've been watching Europe's weather. You have had a rough winter so far with catastrophic flooding as the weather news has reported.

There is a good weather news website that is international and if you say your location provides local as well as international weather. It is here: https://www.accuweather.com

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I've been watching Europe's weather. You have had a rough winter so far with catastrophic flooding as the weather news has reported.

There is a good weather news website that is international and if you say your location provides local as well as international weather. It is here: https://www.accuweather.com
Yes, I like that. Thank you.

Reactions: dev553344

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl

It is just the two of us here, and both spend most of the day outside, or in out buildings, doing busy work, or hobbies and usually not together on acreage at the same place. We do not have computers, nor have access to or watch tv. Many times it’s kind of like seeing a neighbor now and then! One or the other takes the initiative to fix breakfast, dinner, supper, then calls the other on the phone to come and eat.
Point being, I can understand being alone, and it does get lonely, and I’m sure weather disturbances frightful and weird unfamiliar noises can be alarming. We can pre-inform ourselves for weather precautions and precautions for home security and safety…and pretty much Trust in God to comfort and calm our Insides. Even spending time in conversations with Him…thus relieving loneliness when it becomes too much for us to bare.

Keep warm, prepared and God Bless you dear Lady.

Glory to God,
Taken

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typically we call “rooms under a house” a basement if the entrance stairs are in the house, and a cellar if the entrance stairs are on the outside of the house.
I've never heard that definition or distinction. What about walk-out basements? There is often access from the inside as well as the outside of the house.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The title to this thread caught my attention. I have been keeping an eye on the strange weather. It's been crazy here as well. I watch several homestead channels on YT and there is one (Lumnah Acres) from way up north near the Canadian border ...Vermont, I think. They usually would've been covered in a foot or two of snow weeks ago, and they've only had a few light snows so far. Their temps have been warmer for the most part and rainy. And just recently, they have started getting temps in the teens and 20's ...but no snow.

I had a weather/climate related dream a few months ago that I didn't think I'd share (here) ....people will think it's crazy. But I may share it anyway.