Created Spiritual Beings are all Immortal, whether Dead or Alive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To robert derrick,
I was saying I could care less what you or anybody else's opinion is as to whether I know God or not, but just because you or anyone thinks I don't know God or Jesus doesn't mean I don't know them. You have a right to your opinion but that's all it is and I don't live my life by your opinions or speculations or judgements. I don't care if you think I'm interllecturizing on the scriptures either, just because you or anyone else believes that I am intellecturizing, doesn't mean that I am. However you saying that I'm intellecturizing helps me understand that you don't want me or anyone else to use our power of reason as the scriptures say we should, but instead you want us to blindly believe you. You're an imperfect person like everyone else who has a right to his opinions, but that's all I've heard from you, is your opinions and spectulations. I've asked you several times where in the scriptures where it says that the angels were created immortal and you haven't done that.
You quoted this scripture, "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality."
Then you completely ignored what this scripture said. This scripture in no way says that these persons already have immortality, not in any way or sense. This scripture says these persons are mortal and corruptible and are changed to immortal and incorruptible persons. So for you to try to use this scripture to prove these persons already have immortality before they are changed is in error.

For anyone to say that we have immortal souls in our body shows they don't agree with the scriptures. When God created Adam it says at Genesis 2:7- "YHWH God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow the breath of life into his nostrils and the man became a living person." This scripture shows us that it's the combination of God taking dust from the ground forming a man and blowing the breath of life into the mans nostrils that makes him a living person. So if you take the breath of life from the human flesh you're no longer talking about a living person. So someone saying a immortal soul leaves the body at death and this immortal soul is a living person is disagreeing with scripture. Man doesn't have an immortal soul he is a soul. When talking about man you always have to include the human body when talking about the soul in Scripture

You can say I'm a, "carnal man that knows nothing of my soul and spirit," but its you who disagree with the scriptures, not me. By you believing in your interpretation of scripture instead of what the scripture actually say you're interpretation is saying a person doesn't die so you have put yourself on the serpents side who told Eve, she wouldn't die. You're calling YHWH God a liar just as the serpent did.

I said, "We know that the True God YHWH is all powerful that he is the Almighty God. That helps us to understand that just as God can create something out of nothing he can destroy rebellious angels(Satan and his demons) out of existence." Then you said, "God can do that, but does not do that, not in Scripture." I disagree, the scriptures show us death is the opposite of life and Satan and his demons are thrown into the Lake of Fire which the scriptures tell us is the second death. So yes the scriptures do show that Satan and demons, death, and Hades, all being thrown into the Lake of Fire are destroyed out of existence.

You said, "God's first creation of heaven and earth will flee away from His presence and have no place in His new heaven and new earth: the tormented will not be anywhere near, but in the lake of fire that is the dissolved earth of old.
They who refuse to repent of sinning and so sin unto the end, will have their earth forever, in the heart of the hearth now, with a judgment of the dead to come, and then in the lake of fire that was the old earth."

When the scriptures talk about the heaven and earth fleeing away from God's presence it's not talking about the literal planet earth or the literal heaven. God created the physical universe along with planet earth to stand forever. The scriptures show us this because at Matthew 6:10 when Jesus was teaching his apostles to pray it says in part, "Let your kingdom come: Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth." So ask yourself a question, what's God will for heaven and those who reside in heaven. Heaven will exist forever and so will all those who exist in heaven. So since it's God's will for heaven and those who exist in heaven to exist forever so this physical universe along with planet earth exist forever.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no Scripture speaking of any spiritual being, whether angel or man, that God later 'immortalizes', other than at the beginning of their creation by God.
BTW man is not a "spirit" being like angels. Man has spirit, soul, and body, so neither is he a "spiritual being". Upon death the spirit and soul either go to Heaven or to Hades. But at the resurrection of the just (the justified ones), these spirits and souls receive immortal, incorruptible, glorious and glorified bodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More baloney from Robert Derrick, who should have studied 1 Corinthians 15 before posting such nonsense. BTW man is not a "spirit" being like angels. Man has spirit, soul, and body, so neither is he a "spiritual being". Upon death the spirit and soul either go to Heaven or to Hades. But at the resurrection of the just (the justified ones), these spirits and souls receive immortal, incorruptible, glorious and glorified bodies.

We also have to remember in scripture when we read something like, spirit, soul, and body, being in scripture together it isn't teaching that some part of man survives death, that the Soul or Spirit are living persons that continue to exist without the body at death.
At Genesis 2:7 it says, "And YHWH God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person." So this scripture teaches us that it's the combination of the True God YHWH, taking dust from the ground and forming it into a man and then blowing the breath of life into the man's nostrils is what makes man a living person. So if someone teaches that if the breath of life or spirit goes out of the body and is a living person, they no longer are going by scripture. You can't exclude the body of man when talking about him as a living person, man is a living person or is a living Soul. If you say man has an immortal soul teaching the immortal soul is a living person that leaves the body you're no longer going by scripture. The word Soul in the scriptures can refer to people, animals, or the life the man or animal has. Depending on context in the scriptures when the word Soul is used it can refer to, life, ceature, person, one's whole being, or simply as a personal pronoun.(for example using the word I for my soul)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More baloney from Robert Derrick, who should have studied 1 Corinthians 15 before posting such nonsense. BTW man is not a "spirit" being like angels. Man has spirit, soul, and body, so neither is he a "spiritual being". Upon death the spirit and soul either go to Heaven or to Hades. But at the resurrection of the just (the justified ones), these spirits and souls receive immortal, incorruptible, glorious and glorified bodies.
I have reported you.

Childish trolling is no more allowed. I will report you every time.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find this to be a fascinating comment. Speaking just for myself, as one of those who "believe in the one God who judges all souls, along with heaven and hell," I have no such wish for the souls of men not to be created immortal. Quite the opposite: I wish for souls (mine included!) to BE immortal, because I hope for eternal reward rather than eternal punishment. (Like you, Robert, I'm confident that souls ARE immortal, but that's off-point; we are discussing "wishes" here.)

I cannot speak for others, but in my 67 years on the planet I have never met a single such believer in Judgment Day who had the "wish" for non-immortality of the soul that you say some men have, Robert. Indeed, I think that would be an irrational "wish" for a true believer to have -- unless, perhaps, he feared he was about to suffer (or was already suffering) the torments of hell for eternity, in which case I suppose a risk-averse believer in the coming Judgment Day might wish for that non-immortality.

Have you met any believers who actually harbor such a wish, Robert? What have they said to you about why they wish for non-immortality of the soul? Did it go something like this:

"I'm scared, Bobby. If my immortal soul is destined either for heaven or hell, what if I don't make the cut? The prospect of hell terrifies me so much that I would rather forfeit my soul's immortality if I could, and end my existence as a sentient being when I die physically, than take the chance. I wish my soul weren't immortal!"
Good point. While I did want my soul to be immortal as a sinner, the more I read of the Bible, I found myself rather becoming nothing than going to hell.

At this time, I would not wish hell on any soul, even as God doesn't take pleasure in the death of the wicked.

I believe it is a personal agenda involved in trying to make souls mortal.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Of all of Gods WORKS, “your focus “ of this tread is on “spirit”.
(But there are more of Gods WORKS, then just “the spirit of man”.)

Regarding the “natural spirit of man”, that is precisely what God, “REBIRTHS”....with a completely DIFFERENT “SEED”.
...mans natural spirit, (truth in his heart) is birthed via a mans “seed”.
...^ Mortal And WILL Die.
...mans Reborn spirit, (Gods Truth in his Heart) is birthed via Gods “SEED”.
...^ IMMORTAL And will NEVER Die.

Glory to God,
Taken

Are you saying man is first made a sinful natural man and spirit, but when born of God the natural spirit dies and the new spirit is the new man that is now immortal and everlasting in Christ, which can never die, even while the old body is sinning?

What of the soul? When is the soul created?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW man is not a "spirit" being like angels. Man has spirit, soul, and body, so neither is he a "spiritual being". Upon death the spirit and soul either go to Heaven or to Hades. But at the resurrection of the just (the justified ones), these spirits and souls receive immortal, incorruptible, glorious and glorified bodies.
The only spirit created by God, that is not a spiritual being, is the living creatures and beasts of the earth: they are mortal bodies with spirits.

They are not as spiritual beings, who have thoughts, intents, and imagination of heart and mind, which is what a spiritual being is.

God is the eternal Spirit and Being creating all things, and we are created in His image as spiritual beings with thought, intent, and imagination, but a little lower than the angels, by being born with mortal bodies like other living creatures of the earth.

Jesus Christ is our example and forerunner to please God and not be sinning like the devil: He is the eternal Spiritual Being.

If we are not spiritual beings, He is not our example to be made like man in mortal flesh.

If we are not spiritual beings, we are not His brethren.

Both angels and men born of God are called sons of God: Spiritual beings created by God to please Him with all our thoughts, intents, and imagination for Him.

I am a spiritual being with an immortal soul and mortal body.

The fact that we can say 'I am', is because we are spiritual beings, though unlike the angels with spiritual bodies:

There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

As you say, the spiritual immortal bodies will not be recieved until the first resurrection of the just, at which time they will indeed be as the angels in heaven bodily, though crowned with the glory and honor of Christ the Lamb of God.

In the meantime, we are just a much spiritual beings as they, whether natural man believes it or not. And many Christians don't understand therefore the power we have in Christ to resist any devil tempting us to lust, because we are every bit as much spiritual beings as the devil.

He thinks, intends, and imagines how to sin against God and seduce man to do the same: the sons of God think, intend, and imagine submitting to God and resisting him.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying man is first made a sinful natural man and spirit, but when born of God the natural spirit dies and the new spirit is the new man that is now immortal and everlasting in Christ, which can never die, even while the old body is sinning?

What of the soul? When is the soul created?

The soul is not “created”....the soul is “made”.
The Body is “created”....and “made”.
The MAKING of the BODY....is the “soul”.

A Body created...is a lump of formed dust....neither alive or dead.
A soul is the MAKING of the Body to BECOME ALIVE.
Ears...created....Ears hearing made to hear, via the soul.
Eyes...created....Eyes seeing made to see, via the soul.
Etc.

FORM shape, body, parts thereof....IS a man, it’s LIFE IS BLOOD.

Soul, unseen, Belongs to God, given a Body...it’s LIFE IS GODS BREATH.

Mans, parts thereof the body, flesh, bones, organs, function together...
Mind is Carnal, thinks, wavers, truths, lies, good, wickedness....
Heart, thinks, believes, is man’s NATURAL Truth..ie Natural Spirit...it’s LIFE IS BLOOD.

Body...mortal, naturally born corrupt, ie subject to, will Die, must Die.
......IS spiritually & naturally born Dead....and without God.
......Can become spiritually Dead & spiritually Alive...and with God
......Can become physically Dead & spiritually Alive...and with God
......Can become spiritually Dead & spiritually Dead...without God
......Can become spiritually Dead & physically Dead...without God
Soul...What the BODY does or does not DO affects the Soul in the same manner....with or without God.
Spirit...What the BODY does or does not DO affects the Spirit in the same manner....with or without God.....ALSO....IN or NOT IN the man.