Created Spiritual Beings are all Immortal, whether Dead or Alive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a wish among men that believe in the one God who judges all souls, along with heaven and hell: angels and souls of men are not created immortal.

That would make angels temporary ministering spirits, and man nothing but mortal flesh and blood, until some of them are 'immortalized' by God.

This wish can even be shared by them that do know God in His righteousness and true holiness.

After all, who want to even think of spiritual beings, whether angel or man, in torment forever and ever, which is the truth of Scripture:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

All created spiritual beings are just as immortal as God, though not eternal as He.

But not all souls and angels are alive to God, but are dead and separated from Him, which includes all men sinning on earth, the third of angels tempted men on earth to sin with them.

Therefore, the fear of the Lord is forever and ever, and it is immortally better to fear and obey Him, than to wish for sinning unto death and 'disappearing' in a lake of fire forever.

There's no 'purgatory' either.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things are created by God out of nothing, but nothing created by God becomes nothing again.

Even bones last forever in the earth, until the earth dissolves in flaming fire.

But spiritual beings are spiritual bones that think forever, that do not dissolve into nothing.

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.

Even this old heaven and earth will last forever, once dissolved into the lake of fire.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Scripture says the old heaven and earth will flee away to have no more place found for them with God.

It does not say they become nothing, which neither flees nor seeks a place to be found.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no Scripture speaking of any spiritual being, whether angel or man, that God later 'immortalizes', other than at the beginning of their creation by God.

The mortal bodies of the dead in Christ are resurrected to immortal spiritual bodies, but the souls of the just are not 'immortalized' accordingly.

The only 'immortalizing' ever spoken of is among pagan cults, where heroes became 'deified', whether Gilgamesh, or Herakles, or the latest one called 'Jesus' by monotheistic jews and christians, that reject Him as God, but rather claim he was 'immortalized' for living such a great and heroic life on earth.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a wish among men that believe in the one God who judges all souls, along with heaven and hell: angels and souls of men are not created immortal.

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

All created spiritual beings are just as immortal as God, though not eternal as He.

Men who have faith that the True God YHWH and his Only Begotten Son Jesus are loving, merciful and just persons don't wish anything about the True God YHWH and his Only Begotten Son Jesus. They know that the True God YHWH and his Only Begotten Son are loving, merciful and just persons. They know that the True God YHWH and his Only Begotten Son Jesus are not the kind of persons who torture other persons.

Mankind(human beings) don't have souls, they are souls. You can never exclude the human flesh and blood of human beings or animals when you're discussing the word Soul. The word Soul applies to (1)people(human beings) (2)animals (3)the life that a human being has or an animal has.
In the scriptures the Hebrew word ne'phesh and the Greek word psy•khe', applied to earthly creatures(human beings & animals) refers to that which is material, tangible, visible, and mortal. So when it comes to the word soul in the scriptures it can be translated with such terms as, "life", "creature", "person", "one's whole being" or as a personal pronoun(for example, "I" for "my soul.") In some versions of the scriptures when such terms such as, "life", "creature", "person", "one whole beings", or " I" are used in a verse of some scripture, footnotes or study notes show that the word soul is there in that verse of scripture.

If angels are immortal then they are beyond death, death has no hold on them.
The scriptures show however that the angel that became Satan the Devil and those angels who joined him that are his demons will be destroyed out of existence when thrown into the Lake of Fire. We know this because the scriptures show us that death, and Hades, Hades being the place of the dead, are thrown into the lake of Fire and are destroyed for eternity. Only those without faith will believe that the True God YHWH can't destroy out of existence what the True God YHWH has brought into existence. God will destroy out of existence death, Hades, Satan and his demons, all those persons of mankind who have joined Satan and everything connected to Satan and his demons. Only those without faith will believe the True God YHWH is incapable of this.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They know that the True God YHWH and his Only Begotten Son Jesus are not the kind of persons
Why do those not knowing God nor Jesus, presume to declare they know how They are and are not?

persons who torture other persons.

This is a churlish effort to accuse the Scriptures of saying God is torturing souls in hell and the lake of fire.

It is not an adult response to the Scripture as written: the smoke of their torment ascendeth up forever and ever.

And neither the Father nor the Son are the ones torturing them, but rather their own conscience and knowledge of having rejected Jesus as the true God and Savior for men's souls.

Mankind(human beings) don't have souls, they are souls. You can never exclude the human flesh and blood of human beings or animals when you're discussing the word Soul.

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Scripture does, and so do I. You don't, because by childish pride you enjoying torturing the word of God.

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Souls are created spiritual beings first, and then wrapped in flesh of the womb.

The only difference between the man Jesus and all other men, is that He was not created, but was eternal before being wrapped in Mary's flesh of the seed of David.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine.

Our souls are God's, not our flesh and blood.

Men are souls put into mortal earthen vessels temporarily while on earth: here in mortal flesh is the testing ground of souls, whether they will sin unto bodily death, or live righteously unto resurrected life.

If angels are immortal then they are beyond death, death has no hold on them.

They are immortally dead or alive:

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

Death has no hold on them freed from sinning by Jesus Christ. Death still has hold on the devil, his angels, and all sinning souls, including them in hell.

The sinning soul is dead, though immortal, and if sinning unto the end, then shall stand as a dead soul before God's judgement: not with mortal bodies of flesh and blood, which cannot see God nor inherit the kingdom of God.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

All the mortal bodies of the unressurected and unjust dead is fled away with the old earth from the face of an angry God, who is compelled to cast them into the lake of fire, because they refused to repent and be saved, even though God Himself in the body of His Son died on the cross for them too.

The scriptures show however that the angel that became Satan the Devil and those angels who joined him that are his demons will be destroyed out of existence

It is no surprise that them that take away from Scripture, that the Word Jesus is God, to make a falsely created and deified christ out of Jesus, also add to the Scriptures to say destruction is 'out of existence'.

Only those without faith will believe that the True God YHWH can't destroy out of existence what the True God YHWH has brought into existence.

Since I don't read anything in Scripture about anything created going 'out of existence', then of course I reject it as the foolishness of carnal minded men trying to sound spiritual.

We only kn0ow by Scripture, that what was not there, became there. We don't read anything about what is there, became nowhere.

All things are created by God out of nothing, but once created, they do not return to nothing.

Only those without faith will believe the True God YHWH is incapable of this.

Since this jehovah and his defied god is not my Lord and my God Jesus, then I leave his idolatrous children to believe whatever he wants them to believe.

I care nothing for him, his pet god, nor his ignorant doctrine about mortal souls being immortalized into defied gods, beginning with the first one he blasphemously steals the name of 'Jesus' for.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wish or men that souls are not immortal is understood, when thinking of eternal torment.

However, it is entirely different to teach mortal souls, so that a created christ can then be immortalized after death.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That would make angels temporary ministering spirits, and man nothing but mortal flesh and blood, until some of them are 'immortalized' by God.

This wish can even be shared by them that do know God in His righteousness and true holiness.

After all, who want to even think of spiritual beings, whether angel or man, in torment forever and ever, which is the truth of Scripture:

But not all souls and angels are alive to God, but are dead and separated from Him, which includes all men sinning on earth, the third of angels tempted men on earth to sin with them.

Therefore, the fear of the Lord is forever and ever, and it is immortally better to fear and obey Him, than to wish for sinning unto death and 'disappearing' in a lake of fire forever.

In your opinion, what is the quickening all about - spoken of by Jesus in John 5:21 and John 6:63?

If Jesus gives this to whom He chooses, as stated in John 5:21, what about all the rest, those He didn't choose? If He gives it to those He chooses, how can we have it inherently from birth?

What is this eternal life spoken of in John 6:68? Is it different, same thing?

He says He will raise up those who believe. What of those who do not believe?

If Jesus gives eternal life, it can't be something that we have from birth, can it?

Angels are spirit-beings, like God. We are not spirit-beings .... yet.

It is actually a New Age concept to say that "We are all spirits having a human experience, not the other way around." That is not Biblical. If that were the case, all of the Scripture about receiving eternal life and being quickened would be completely pointless.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your opinion, what is the quickening all about - spoken of by Jesus in John 5:21 and John 6:63?

If Jesus gives this to whom He chooses, as stated in John 5:21, what about all the rest, those He didn't choose? If He gives it to those He chooses, how can we have it inherently from birth?

If Jesus gives eternal life, it can't be something that we have from birth, can it?

It is actually a New Age concept to say that "We are all spirits having a human experience, not the other way around." That is not Biblical. If that were the case, all of the Scripture about receiving eternal life and being quickened would be completely pointless.
Good questions. I'll have to get back to you for now. Got to go.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Barney said:
robert derrick said:
Why do those not knowing God nor Jesus, presume to declare they know how They are and are not?[/QUOTE\]

I could care less if someone thinks that I don't know God or Jesus. People are going by speculation when they say angels are immortal. No one, which includes you Robert, has shown me in the scriptures where it says that angels have immortality. I'm not going to go by peoples speculations. Show me in the scriptures where it says angels are immortal beings. The scriptures show us that when Jesus was resurrected he was given immortality and he inherited incorruption. The scriptures also show us that those among mankind that God chose to be Jesus Christ spiritual brothers, those who are the anointed, that are born again will get a resurrection like Jesus and be given immortality, and inherit incorruption, but while these human beings are on earth they don't have immortality. I've seen no scripture that says angels are immortal.

robert derrick said:
Death has no hold on them freed from sinning by Jesus Christ. Death still has hold on the devil, his angels, and all sinning souls, including them in hell.

The sinning soul is dead, though immortal, and if sinning unto the end, then shall stand as a dead soul before God's judgement: not with mortal bodies of flesh and blood, which cannot see God nor inherit the kingdom of God.[/QUOTE\]

First of all, where you say, "the sinning soul is dead though immortal", shows you clearly don't know the definition of immortal. Immortal means, "deathlessness." Immortality refers to the quality of life that is enjoyed, It's endlessness, It's indestructiblity. So when a human being dies that persons life ends, he/she doesn't continue living somewhere else until the scheduled time God has for the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous. Then at that scheduled time God resurrects the righteous and unrighteous back to life.
Those who are thrown into the Lake of fire, Satan and his demons, all those of mankind who sided with him will be destroyed forever just as death and Hades is destroyed forever when thrown into the Lake of fire.

robert derrick said:
It is no surprise that them that take away from Scripture, that the Word Jesus is God, to make a falsely created and deified christ out of Jesus, also add to the Scriptures to say destruction is 'out of existence'.[/QUOTE\]

What I understand Robert is that you and i disagree on life and death. I will continue to say that there's a difference between life and death. Life means you exist you are aware of your surroundings, you can feel and see etc. Death is the opposite of all that.

robert derrick said:
Since I don't read anything in Scripture about anything created going 'out of existence', then of course I reject it as the foolishness of carnal minded men trying to sound spiritual.[/QUOTE\]

No where in scripture is it written that angels are created immortal but you say they are created immortal, show me where in the scriptures it says they were created immortal. You say a soul is immortal but you haven't shown me in the scriptures that human beings have immortal souls. Seems to me you're the carnal minded man trying to be spiritual.

robert derrick said:
We only kn0ow by Scripture, that what was not there, became there. We don't read anything about what is there, became nowhere.
All things are created by God out of nothing, but once created, they do not return to nothing.[/QUOTE\]

We know that the True God YHWH is all powerful that he is the Almighty God. That helps us to understand that just as God can create something out of nothing he can destroy rebellious angels(Satan and his demons) out of existence. For you or anyone to try to convince me God can't do that, then they're the ones who are the carnal minded men/women trying to be spiritual. God has never promised eternal life or immortality to Satan and his demons or for those among mankind that are Satan and his demons followers. They will be destroyed forever. Evil will not always be in Gods creation, it will be destroyed out of existence.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I find this to be a fascinating comment. Speaking just for myself, as one of those who "believe in the one God who judges all souls, along with heaven and hell," I have no such wish for the souls of men not to be created immortal. Quite the opposite: I wish for souls (mine included!) to BE immortal, because I hope for eternal reward rather than eternal punishment. (Like you, Robert, I'm confident that souls ARE immortal, but that's off-point; we are discussing "wishes" here.)

I cannot speak for others, but in my 67 years on the planet I have never met a single such believer in Judgment Day who had the "wish" for non-immortality of the soul that you say some men have, Robert. Indeed, I think that would be an irrational "wish" for a true believer to have -- unless, perhaps, he feared he was about to suffer (or was already suffering) the torments of hell for eternity, in which case I suppose a risk-averse believer in the coming Judgment Day might wish for that non-immortality.

Have you met any believers who actually harbor such a wish, Robert? What have they said to you about why they wish for non-immortality of the soul? Did it go something like this:

"I'm scared, Bobby. If my immortal soul is destined either for heaven or hell, what if I don't make the cut? The prospect of hell terrifies me so much that I would rather forfeit my soul's immortality if I could, and end my existence as a sentient being when I die physically, than take the chance. I wish my soul weren't immortal!"

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

satan did say that Rob, he said you positively will not die, yet Jehovah said otherwise. I choose to believe Him sir, we are very mortal, and our lives are in His hands sir

Reactions: ScottA

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1st the soul is made alive once again in being born again.

Also the heart and spirit is quickened by the Word to know the truth, have the mind of Christ, and repent to choose the good and not the evil.

Also the mortal body is quickened and revived by the Spirit in times of refreshing from the Lord.

In the end the soul is made incorruptible and the mortal body raised immortal from the dead.

He chooses all them who receive Him within the heart to obey Him: all else are unrepentant, but hearers only. The only birth with inheritance of all these things is that of God. The only thing inherited by the flesh is mortality.

He gives His Spirit to them that obey Him to become quickened sons of God.

The promised seed and eternal life is the true God Jesus Christ, and the soul that abides in Him shall never die by sinning, and the mortal body will be raised from the dead.

If a son of God sins, he can be forgiven and restored by confession and repentance again. But while any man is sinning, he is not a born son of God, but of the devil and has no life of Christ in him.

The judgement of the dead in Rev 20.

Not from mortal birth of the flesh, but only from birth of God, which is when the soul is first created by the Spirit, and also if born again by repentance and the faith of Jesus.

No man could be born again after sinning on earth, until after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Until then, they could only look into that promise in shadowy glimpses and figures of the Spirit acting upon the mind and body.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The holy prophets could only look into these things but not have them: the worst and most pitiful thing the devil has done to Christians is to abuse grace for more sinning and to deny the power of God to be pure in heart and righteously blameless in life.

Jesus died to take away sinning and be saved, not to take away judgement for sinning, and He rose again to give power to do His righteousness and be justified with God.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes we are. Wrapped in mortal flesh, which is how we are made a little lower than the angels, not lower nor lesser in spirit but in flesh.

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

The word of God teaches man to understand that the angels have no more power over them, than any other spiritual being: all spiritual beings are created equally with thoughts, intents, and imagination. We are equals with angels, but at a slight disadvantage with flesh.

The angels are created with spiritual bodies and speak with thought and imagination to the mind and heart, not with lips and ears as men have: with Jesus Christ we are no more at a disadvantage int he spiritual warfare of the soul, but are made more than overcomers of the devil and temptation to lust and sin.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Without mortal bodies we would be as the angels, but with resurrected immortal bodies, we will be exalted with glory and honor as the Lamb above the angels.

Both angels and men are called sons of God.

When Jesus says we will be as the angels in the resurrection, He is speaking of finally having immortal spiritual bodies, not in finally being spiritual beings.

Natural man makes too much of spiritual beings, because we are created spiritual beings: being a spiritual being is simply the fact of having thought, intent, and imagination, which natural man has, but is unthankful for, even as with Lucifer, who then abused that power to exalt himself above God.

Adam and Eve believed the false accusation against God and so did likewise to become gods with law unto themselves.

No other living creature on earth is a spiritual being in mortal bodies, but are bodies with spirit: the beasts of the field do not think, intend, and imagine. Only angels and men are lightened with the intelligent light of Christ, whether to do good or evil.

Natural beasts do neither good nor evil, but only what they are made to do naturally, But men that do evil are worse than natural beasts, and make themselves brute evil beasts.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually a New Age concept to say that "We are all spirits having a human experience,"

New agers are not the first to understand we are spiritual beings with mortal bodies, but think they partake of the divine nature through knowledge only, while still sinning with the flesh. They are modern gnostics.

not the other way around." That is not Biblical.

The 'other way around' of being bodies with souls is the lie. Either we believe Scripture as written or we don't: the body was nothing at all, but more grass on the ground, until God breathed into that body the living soul of man.

Likewise, all souls are made alive and clean by Christ in the lowest parts of the earth, and then breathed into the womb of the woman: the only difference between Jesus and other men, is that He was and is the eternal living Spirit of God, and came down from heaven Himself to be wrapped in the mortal body prepared for Him by the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, who was born of the mortal seed of David.

The fact that the Word became a man in mortal flesh as any man, is proof that all men are created immoral spiritual beings first: Jesus was the Spirit Himself in mortal flesh, and we are spiritual beings created by Him immortal flesh.

If we are not, then He is not our example as a man dwelling among men on earth: He becomes another pagan hero born differently by the Gods than the rest of us.

Being made in His image is not bodily, but spiritually, and then He was made in our likeness bodily.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not the other way around." That is not Biblical.

Yes it is: we are first fearfully and wonderfully made spiritual beings in then lowest parts of the earth, and then wrapped immortal flesh.

All souls of men were made to fear the Lord and please Him, That is not so with other living creatures on earth.

New Agers like gnostics, do not seek being born again of Christ, but think to become as christs through knowledge and vain imagination of 'being spiritual': like OSAS, they practice at spiritual things only, while also sinning like all sinners on earth.

OSAS is the new age christianity born of the free-sex rebellion, to become the free-sin christians by grace: They are no more unbelieving sinners, but now make themselves to sin with grace.

If that were the case, all of the Scripture about receiving eternal life and being quickened would be completely pointless.

No it isn't: we receive again through Jesus Christ what we gave away by sinning with the soul dying to God: being born again is being quickened and pure of life by the Spirit as in the beginning, but not with power not only know the difference between good and evil, but also to choose the good and not the evil, even as the Son.

Only through Jesus Christ can any man be restored to the beginning of our creation pure in spirit and heart and mind, with a newly cleansed soul and conscience pertaining to sinning, Being born again as a newborn babe is to become alive and pure as a babe, though not from the womb again.

Angels that sin do not have that opportunity to become created anew: once a devil, always a devil.

We are created souls with mortal bodies, not born mortal bodies with souls.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The flesh is nothing but grass and is mortal, having neither sin nor righteousness, It is the spirit that is immortally alive or dead:

All words of man are spiritual in nature, because the spiritual kingdom is thought, intent, and imagination of heart and mind: all of Jesus' words from His pure heart and sound mind are life.

All words of sinners are spirit and death, which is called carnal mindedness.

The natural man simply doesn't believe in the spiritual kingdom, that he is a created spiritual being and soul: he takes for granted the fact of having thought and intent. It's also why unbelievers in Genesis always seek to find the spiritual kingdom within the beasts of the field, such as monkeys and whales.

The spiritual man simply acknowledges the spiritual kingdom, of which he is a created part, whether pure in spirit to do righteousness unto life, or corrupt in spirit to justify himself and sin unto death.

The corrupted spiritual beings are such as them of OSAS, that purposely teach being born dead of sin nature, in order to continue to justify their sinning, as being impossible to stop doing on earth while yet in 'sinful' bodies, our mortal bodies are no more sinful in it's tissues and bones than was Jesus' own flesh.

In likeness of sinful flesh is not flesh that is sinful, but rather is mortal flesh of sinful man: souls sinning with the flesh.

They don't want to believe they are first created pure spiritual beings, nor receive power of being born again to become again pure in heart and spirit, and remain so unto the end.

By creation of Christ and lightened with His light, every man is made the equal of any angel in the spiritual kingdom of thought, intent, and imagination, and by sinning we become as the lowest of angels fallen from heaven.

But in Christ we are become sons of God, with power greater than the highest of angels and more than the devil's equal, even as Jesus was in the days of His flesh.

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God never created anything sinful that does not please Him, neither angels in heaven, including Lucifer, nor soul of man in the lower earth, nor mortal body of man or beast in the womb, nor natural grass and trees of the field, that wither and die naturally according to their creation and after their likeness.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st the soul is made alive once again in being born again.

Also the heart and spirit is quickened by the Word to know the truth, have the mind of Christ, and repent to choose the good and not the evil.

Also the mortal body is quickened and revived by the Spirit in times of refreshing from the Lord.

In the end the soul is made incorruptible and the mortal body raised immortal from the dead.

He chooses all them who receive Him within the heart to obey Him: all else are unrepentant, but hearers only. The only birth with inheritance of all these things is that of God. The only thing inherited by the flesh is mortality.

He gives His Spirit to them that obey Him to become quickened sons of God.

The promised seed and eternal life is the true God Jesus Christ, and the soul that abides in Him shall never die by sinning, and the mortal body will be raised from the dead.

If a son of God sins, he can be forgiven and restored by confession and repentance again. But while any man is sinning, he is not a born son of God, but of the devil and has no life of Christ in him.

The judgement of the dead in Rev 20.

Not from mortal birth of the flesh, but only from birth of God, which is when the soul is first created by the Spirit, and also if born again by repentance and the faith of Jesus.

No man could be born again after sinning on earth, until after the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Until then, they could only look into that promise in shadowy glimpses and figures of the Spirit acting upon the mind and body.

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

The holy prophets could only look into these things but not have them: the worst and most pitiful thing the devil has done to Christians is to abuse grace for more sinning and to deny the power of God to be pure in heart and righteously blameless in life.

Jesus died to take away sinning and be saved, not to take away judgement for sinning, and He rose again to give power to do His righteousness and be justified with God.

Yes we are. Wrapped in mortal flesh, which is how we are made a little lower than the angels, not lower nor lesser in spirit but in flesh.

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

The word of God teaches man to understand that the angels have no more power over them, than any other spiritual being: all spiritual beings are created equally with thoughts, intents, and imagination. We are equals with angels, but at a slight disadvantage with flesh.

The angels are created with spiritual bodies and speak with thought and imagination to the mind and heart, not with lips and ears as men have: with Jesus Christ we are no more at a disadvantage int he spiritual warfare of the soul, but are made more than overcomers of the devil and temptation to lust and sin.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Without mortal bodies we would be as the angels, but with resurrected immortal bodies, we will be exalted with glory and honor as the Lamb above the angels.

Both angels and men are called sons of God.

When Jesus says we will be as the angels in the resurrection, He is speaking of finally having immortal spiritual bodies, not in finally being spiritual beings.

Natural man makes too much of spiritual beings, because we are created spiritual beings: being a spiritual being is simply the fact of having thought, intent, and imagination, which natural man has, but is unthankful for, even as with Lucifer, who then abused that power to exalt himself above God.

Adam and Eve believed the false accusation against God and so did likewise to become gods with law unto themselves.

No other living creature on earth is a spiritual being in mortal bodies, but are bodies with spirit: the beasts of the field do not think, intend, and imagine. Only angels and men are lightened with the intelligent light of Christ, whether to do good or evil.

Natural beasts do neither good nor evil, but only what they are made to do naturally, But men that do evil are worse than natural beasts, and make themselves brute evil beasts.

New agers are not the first to understand we are spiritual beings with mortal bodies, but think they partake of the divine nature through knowledge only, while still sinning with the flesh. They are modern gnostics.

The 'other way around' of being bodies with souls is the lie. Either we believe Scripture as written or we don't: the body was nothing at all, but more grass on the ground, until God breathed into that body the living soul of man.

Likewise, all souls are made alive and clean by Christ in the lowest parts of the earth, and then breathed into the womb of the woman: the only difference between Jesus and other men, is that He was and is the eternal living Spirit of God, and came down from heaven Himself to be wrapped in the mortal body prepared for Him by the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, who was born of the mortal seed of David.

The fact that the Word became a man in mortal flesh as any man, is proof that all men are created immoral spiritual beings first: Jesus was the Spirit Himself in mortal flesh, and we are spiritual beings created by Him immortal flesh.

If we are not, then He is not our example as a man dwelling among men on earth: He becomes another pagan hero born differently by the Gods than the rest of us.

Being made in His image is not bodily, but spiritually, and then He was made in our likeness bodily.

Yes it is: we are first fearfully and wonderfully made spiritual beings in then lowest parts of the earth, and then wrapped immortal flesh.

All souls of men were made to fear the Lord and please Him, That is not so with other living creatures on earth.

New Agers like gnostics, do not seek being born again of Christ, but think to become as christs through knowledge and vain imagination of 'being spiritual': like OSAS, they practice at spiritual things only, while also sinning like all sinners on earth.

OSAS is the new age christianity born of the free-sex rebellion, to become the free-sin christians by grace: They are no more unbelieving sinners, but now make themselves to sin with grace.

No it isn't: we receive again through Jesus Christ what we gave away by sinning with the soul dying to God: being born again is being quickened and pure of life by the Spirit as in the beginning, but not with power not only know the difference between good and evil, but also to choose the good and not the evil, even as the Son.

Only through Jesus Christ can any man be restored to the beginning of our creation pure in spirit and heart and mind, with a newly cleansed soul and conscience pertaining to sinning, Being born again as a newborn babe is to become alive and pure as a babe, though not from the womb again.

Angels that sin do not have that opportunity to become created anew: once a devil, always a devil.

We are created souls with mortal bodies, not born mortal bodies with souls.
Doesn't everything you've said here contradict your OP?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could care less if someone thinks that I don't know God or Jesus.

I do. Not knowing God nor Jesus Christ is by purposely not acknowledging the truth and doing it.

So all your stuff is just intellectualized stuff to justify yourself as a sinner not doing the truth.

Show me in the scriptures where it says angels are immortal beings.

Already have, which you cast aside without response. But, once more: The smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever.

The scriptures show us that when Jesus was resurrected he was given immortality and he inherited incorruption.

Jesus is not the new Herakles. Sounds like OSAS 'gifted' salvation.

First of all, where you say, "the sinning soul is dead though immortal", shows you clearly don't know the definition of immortal. Immortal means, "deathlessness." Immortality refers to the quality of life that is enjoyed, It's endlessness, It's indestructiblity. So when a human being dies that persons life ends, he/she doesn't continue living somewhere else until the scheduled time God has for the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous. Then at that scheduled time God resurrects the righteous and unrighteous back to life.

Your carnal definition of immortal is not God's.

Immortal means never ending, whether good or evil.

But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.

Incorruptible is indestructible, and only the incorruptible seed of Christ is indestructible, all other corrupted souls will have no end of destruction: they will forever be kept fled away from God and His Light, even as wandering thinking stars in the blackness of darkness.

Even natural man knows that just existing is not necessarily living.

So when a human being dies that persons life ends, he/she doesn't continue living somewhere else until the scheduled time God has for the resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous. Then at that scheduled time God resurrects the righteous and unrighteous back to life.

They do not continue to live elsewhere, but continue dead separated from God elsewhere, until the judgment.

You don't know the difference between being dead spiritually and alive in Christ, because all you know is being dead spiritually.

And so, all you think about is the mortal body being alive or dead, not the immortal soul: all you know is this life of mortal flesh, because you know not God.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

What I understand Robert is that you and i disagree on life and death. I will continue to say that there's a difference between life and death. Life means you exist you are aware of your surroundings, you can feel and see etc. Death is the opposite of all that.

Being a natural man only, you don't know the difference between your soul being now dead in your sins and trespasses, because you don't know the life of Christ, which is why you don't confess to know Him at all.

Spiritual death was Adam's reward by transgression, and mortal death of the body was only natural in due time, as with all of God's created mortal creatures on earth. In due time God declared that the natural body would only be for about 70 years or more earth.

Thinking, intending, and imagining is the gift and power of all spiritual beings created by God, but those sinning against Him with lust and vain imagination are dead and separated from Him already. Angels cannot be redeemed, and will perish with torment forever. Only men with souls can be redeemed, if they repent and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and God.

While sinning, the drunkard is a thinking dead soul, unless he passes out. And while sleeping he is a soul that will wake up in hell, if his body dies before repenting:

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

God destroys both soul and body in hell, and yet the soul in torment still has eyes to see and mouth to speak.

You reject the Scripture of immortal dead souls, because you reject the Scripture of the Word was God, because you reject the commandment of Jesus to sin not, and so you wish and hope your dead soul becomes nothing with the death of the body.

You know you have nothing more than this life, and your vain wish is that you will be 'chosen' to be resurrected by God after dead, or become nothing at all.

I was the same as you before I repented and know Jesus now, but of course without all the idolatry of a created christ, which no doubt is why I can repent and know Him now.

No where in scripture is it written that angels are created immortal but you say they are created immortal, show me where in the scriptures it says they were created immortal. You say a soul is immortal but you haven't shown me in the scriptures that human beings have immortal souls. Seems to me you're the carnal minded man trying to be spiritual.

Thank you, for once a fair question:

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The mortal body is raised to immortality, but the immortal soul is raised to incorruptibility: so long as our souls remain in our mortal bodies, our immortal souls can be corrupted with lust for sinning.

However, if bey help of His grace we remain uncorrupted from lust in the end, then our immortal corruptible souls are made incorruptible forever, and our mortal bodies made immortal, even as in the resurrection of Christ.

You are the carnal man that knows nothing of your soul and spirit, because you simply don't want to acknowledge that you are sinning by lusting within your heart. You want to be a sinning body with a go-along soul, so that your body pays the price for sinning, not your soul.

We know that the True God YHWH is all powerful that he is the Almighty God. That helps us to understand that just as God can create something out of nothing he can destroy rebellious angels(Satan and his demons) out of existence. For you or anyone to try to convince me God can't do that,

God can do that, but does not do that, not in Scripture.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but only refuting your false doctrine.

God has never promised eternal life or immortality to Satan and his demons or for those among mankind that are Satan and his demons followers. They will be destroyed forever.

He has not promised eternal life to dead immortal souls that refuse to repent. And angels cannot do that once they have sinned.

Spiritual beings are made immortal, even as the Spirit of God is eternal.

God has never promised eternal life or immortality to Satan and his demons or for those among mankind that are Satan and his demons followers. They will be destroyed forever. Evil will not always be in Gods creation,

God's first creation of heaven and earth will flee away from His presence and have no place in His new heaven and new earth: the tormented will not be anywhere near, but in the lake of fire that is the dissolved earth of old.

They who refuse to repent of sinning and so sin unto the end, will have their earth forever, in the heart of the hearth now, with a judgment of the dead to come, and then in the lake of fire that was the old earth.

it will be destroyed out of existence.

So you wish.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A confusing statement.
Mortal means “subject to die”.
Immortal means “can not die”.

Death, in one respect means “subject to die”.
Death, in a spiritual respect means “separated from God”, being alive or not.

Once a “spirit” IS “spiritually created” BY the Power of God, “that” spirit can NEVER die...it may become separated from God, and still being living.

Regarding Celestial beings...ANGELS...
* they ARE “by God” created “spirits”, they SHALL never Die.
* They may become “separated” From God.
* They may burn forever, but still not become DEAD.

Regarding Terrestrial beings...ManKIND...
* they are Created Body’s, subject to DEATH.
* they have “a natural earthly”, flesh, organs, heart, mind, etc. AND:
Natural “spirit”, which IS their “Natural TRUTH” in their Heart.

The Natural Truth, IN the heart, conflicts with the Natural mans, thoughts, ideas, unsureness, deceptions, IN that mans Natural Carnal Mind.
Sometimes the Natural spirit of man overrides the Natural Carnal Mind.
Sometimes Visa Versa, the Carnal Mind overrides the Natural spirit.
(The Results;
Natural Carnal Mind deception followed, caught, consequences, the Natural spirit in the Heart, is grieved, knew better, sorry, but suffers the same consequences of the things the Deceptive Mind Did.)

The GREAT OFFERING of the Lord God....
* He WILL Listen to ”the natural spirit of man” that calls on the Lord God.
* Gives the Lord God...two things.
* A Confession of True Repentance for Having “Rejected” Belief “IN” Him.
* A True Confession of the man “natural spirits”, Belief “IN” Him.

* THAT ^ is NOT a WORK.
* THAT ^ is call “A” SERVICE.

* THAT, requires one to BE no particular place, no particular time, no ceremony, no ritual, no crowd, blah, blah, blah....Anytime, Anyplace, Two or Three are Gathered....person, Lord, God...is sufficient.

* Once the person FOLLOWS the Order and Way according to the Lord God’s Offering....His Power Does ALL the WORKS to accomplish His Offering BE fulfilled in that person.

* And ALL of Gods Accomplished/fulfilled WORKS in the man, ARE forever Steady, KEPT By Gods Power and NOTHING whatsoever, can reverse Gods WORKS.

* Of all of Gods WORKS, “your focus “ of this tread is on “spirit”.
(But there are more of Gods WORKS, then just “the spirit of man”.)

Regarding the “natural spirit of man”, that is precisely what God, “REBIRTHS”....with a completely DIFFERENT “SEED”.
...mans natural spirit, (truth in his heart) is birthed via a mans “seed”.
...^ Mortal And WILL Die.
...mans Reborn spirit, (Gods Truth in his Heart) is birthed via Gods “SEED”.
...^ IMMORTAL And will NEVER Die.

Glory to God,
Taken