Creationism in science class rooms

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
River Jordan said:
Um....they "believe it" because they see it. I've seen it. What would you have me do, deny what I see with my own eyes? What do you think, that it's all an illusion or something?

Seriously, tell me what your explanation for the fact that the world's scientific community agrees that evolution happens and that we can see it. Are they lying? Are they just really bad at their jobs? Are they under some sort of satanic spell? What?

Can you show me the scripture that says "populations never evolve"?

Boy, you're really struggling with this. Let me ask you this....after the fall, how did all those nasty bacteria, viruses, parasites, biting, and stinging things acquire the traits and abilities that they use to infect, kill, and injure us? If evolution never happens, where then did these things come from? Did God intentionally create the ebola virus to kill us?

LOL. You'll never admit when you're wrong, will you?
No, they believe it and develop theories around their belief.

Are you saying every scientist holds to evolution?

I see no Scripture supporitng any kind of 'evolution'. Again, what are you calling 'evolution' ?

After the fall, a lot of things changed. The earth is brought under the curse. So, yes, God is able to create the viruses that kill us.

I will admit I am wrong, when I am wrong.

Quantrill

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Quantrill said:

No, I've told you Darwin didn't set out to create the theory of evolution, he came to that conclusion from his findings on the Galapagos Islands. Prior to that trip if anyone had used the word evolution, or I guess for him decent by modification, he wouldn't know what they were talking about.

There are always people who will disagree, like Creation Scientists.

I see no Scripture supporitng any kind of 'evolution'. Again, what are you calling 'evolution' ?

This is evolution:

"1. the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

the gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form."

Then why haven't you said you are wrong?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
Um....they "believe it" because they see it. I've seen it. What would you have me do, deny what I see with my own eyes? What do you think, that it's all an illusion or something?
Do you see fairies too? http://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/03/evolutions_cent070401.html

Do you have a link to scrutinize?

River Jordan said:
Seriously, tell me what your explanation for the fact that the world's scientific community agrees that evolution happens and that we can see it. Are they lying? Are they just really bad at their jobs? Are they under some sort of satanic spell? What?
Your ability to discern matters like this is why I repeatedly question your Christianity. Christianity 101 = the devil is on earth. Christianity 101 = more hate God then love Him. Christianity 101 = the devil and his followers are deceitful John 8:44. Hardly rocket science. Stop being a naive Christian, River. These are the last days, wake up and smell the coffee!

Can you show me the scripture that says "populations never evolve"?
That would be all scripture on creation...duh?

Boy, you're really struggling with this. Let me ask you this....after the fall, how did all those nasty bacteria, viruses, parasites, biting, and stinging things acquire the traits and abilities that they use to infect, kill, and injure us? If evolution never happens, where then did these things come from? Did God intentionally create the ebola virus to kill us?
A lion had teeth from day 1. A Rhino had a horn from day 1. God knew what was coming. The earth was '''''prepared'''' for mankind according to His will. Again, Christianity 101.

LOL. You'll never admit when you're wrong, will you?

Lol, the irony is thicker then 50 brick walls.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:
Do you see fairies too? http://www.evolutionnews.org/2013/03/evolutions_cent070401.html

I doubt the credibility of the website, since it also supports intelligent design. Has anyone else noticed that Creationists must always draw from a Creation scientist and/or Intelligent Design scientist? That they can't rely on anything else to support themselves?

This is why I repeatedly question your Christianity. Christianity 101 = the devil is on earth. Christianity 101 = more hate God then love Him. Christianity 101 = the devil and his followers are deceitful John 8:44. Hardly rocket science. Stop being a naive Christian, River. These are the last days, wake up and smell the coffee!

It's rude to doubt a person's belief in God, I don't think you understand what you're actually saying, and if you do you should really learn to put a filter on yourself. The more people say, "These are the end of days! The rapture is upon us!" the more I know it's not going to happen soon. It's supposed to happen when we least expect it. Just because there are deceitful people in the world, does not mean that all science that has been tested and retested to be the most accurate is bad.

A lion had teeth from day 1. A Rhino had a horn from day 1. God knew what was coming. The earth was '''''prepared'''' for mankind according to His will. Again, Christianity 101.

In the wild, a lion needs teeth to hunt prey, not necessarily human, and likewise for the rhino. He didn't put humans and lions and rhinos in a ring and say, "Let the games begin!" Diseases that are specifically meant to hurt humans are completely different, again, common sense 101

Thicker than 50 brick walls, if you're going to be snarky at least be grammatically correct.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:
It's rude to doubt a person's belief in God, I don't think you understand what you're actually saying, and if you do you should really learn to put a filter on yourself. The more people say, "These are the end of days! The rapture is upon us!" the more I know it's not going to happen soon. It's supposed to happen when we least expect it. Just because there are deceitful people in the world, does not mean that all science that has been tested and retested to be the most accurate is bad.

Christianity 101 = spot and remove the false teacher. False teacher = someone who claims to be a Christian but rejects the truth or knowingly teaches half truths.

If River did not call herself a Christian, I would have different words for her. Likewise YOU! Remind me again what someone who rejects the WHOLE bible is doing on a Christian site?

snr5557 said:
In the wild, a lion needs teeth to hunt prey, not necessarily human, and likewise for the rhino. He didn't put humans and lions and rhinos in a ring and say, "Let the games begin!" Diseases that are specifically meant to hurt humans are completely different, again, common sense 101

I guess you missed the underlined... ''according to God's will''. The ebola virus exists = its part of God's will = Christian common sense 101.

snr5557 said:

Thicker than 50 brick walls, if you're going to be snarky at least be grammatically correct.

If you going to be snarky at least learn to use the quote box properly. This is now your 148'th post....

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:
Christianity 101 = spot and remove the false teacher. False teacher = someone who claims to be a Christian but rejects the truth or knowingly teaches half truths.

Scientists doesn't equal false teacher.

If River did not call herself a Christian, I would have different words for her. Likewise YOU! Remind me again what someone who rejects the WHOLE bible is doing on a Christian site?

When did I ever say I rejected the whole Bible? Please only debate me on what I've said.

I guess you missed the underlined... ''according to God's will''. The ebola virus exists = its part of God's will = Christian common sense 101.

So God had nature evolve so that we can have the ebola virus. There we go, common sense 101 again.

If you going to be snarky at least learn to use the quote box properly. This is now your 148'th post....

Have you been counting? Could you tell me when I reach 500? I think I would like to celebrate it.

"If you are going to be snarky...."

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
snr5557 said:

Please re-read my posts.

When did I ever say I rejected the whole Bible? Please only debate me on what I've said.

Please re-read your posts.

So God had nature evolve so that we can have the ebola virus. There we go, common sense 101 again.

Please re-read my posts.

Have you been counting? Could you tell me when I reach 500? I think I would like to celebrate it.

Look underneath your avatar.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
KingJ said:

Please re-read my posts.

Please re-read your posts.

Please re-read my posts.

Look underneath your avatar.

So you have nothing more to say?

Yeah...I really should pay more attention to the left side of the screen :D

You're in South Africa? I had a teacher from there. Where does the phrase, just now, come from? I know a student here whose parent is dating a person from South Africa and said that just now doesn't have much of a meaning since it could be any length of time depending on the person.

But, back to the discussion at hand, if that's all you have to say it was nice to see your point of view.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Quantrill said:
So when I saw a population evolve, I didn't really see it? How do you account for the other scientists who say they saw populations evolve? They're lying?

No, but it's something like 97% among all scientists, and around 99% among earth and life scientists. So again...

Tell me what your explanation for that. Are they lying? Are they just really bad at their jobs? Are they under some sort of satanic spell? What?

I don't see scripture supporting the fact that water expands when it freezes either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. So I'll ask you again, where is the scripture that says "populations don't evolve"?

FYI, evolution is a change in allele frequencies in a population over time.

After the fall, a lot of things changed. The earth is brought under the curse. So, yes, God is able to create the viruses that kill us.
I realize God is able to create those things, but that's not what I"m asking. I'm asking you if God did create those things. Do you believe God created ebola specifically to kill people?

KingJ said:
So the creationist Discovery Institute disputes that new species have been observed to evolve? If all of you hold to that position, do you therefore believe that Noah took two of every single species on earth aboard the ark?

Sure, there's lots of material out there about the evolution of resistance in E. coli. what do you want...a journal article, or a more layperson friendly article?

Your ability to discern matters like this is why I repeatedly question your Christianity. Christianity 101 = the devil is on earth. Christianity 101 = more hate God then love Him. Christianity 101 = the devil and his followers are deceitful John 8:44. Hardly rocket science. Stop being a naive Christian, River. These are the last days, wake up and smell the coffee!
So you believe that the world's earth and life scientists have been under a satanic spell for the last 230 years or so? That's pretty convenient, isn't it? Everyone who believes differently than KingJ is under Satan's spell.

Remember that other guy who was a geocentrist? I'm sure he'd insist that you were under Satan's spell for daring to believe that the earth moves and orbits the sun! LOL!

That would be all scripture on creation...duh?
Where? Show me the scripture that says "populations never evolve".

So you believe God deliberately created ebola with the biochemical ability to kill people...Clostridium botulinum already with the toxin to cause botulism...Variola major already with the ability to cause smallpox...and so on?

Wow. That's sick.

And yeah...I know that in your black/white world, everyone who's doesn't believe exactly as you do cannot be a Christian. Sad.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557 said:

No, I've told you Darwin didn't set out to create the theory of evolution, he came to that conclusion from his findings on the Galapagos Islands. Prior to that trip if anyone had used the word evolution, or I guess for him decent by modification, he wouldn't know what they were talking about.

There are always people who will disagree, like Creation Scientists.

This is evolution:

"1. the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth.

the gradual development of something, esp. from a simple to a more complex form."

Then why haven't you said you are wrong?
Darwin already had ideas and views of evolution prior to his trip to the Galapogos as these beliefs were already being voiced.

Before his trip there, while he was at Cambridge he read two books which had great influence on him. One was by John Hershel. " Preliminary Discourse on the study of Natural Philosophy ". The other was by Friedrich Heinrich Alexander, Baron Von Humboldt. " Personal Narative of Travels to the Equinoctial Regions of the New Continent ". From ( Charles Darwin, by Peter Brent, p.98)

Brent goes on to say:

"If from Herschel Darwin gathered a view of science as anb all-embracing discipline, from Humboldt he derived a sense of the unity of nature. It was Humboldt's ambition to present the natural world as a single interlocking entity, a process to which all its parts contributed, each affected by all the others. This vision enabled himn among other things to take the first steps towards establishing meteorology as a science. And it was this vision that Darwen kept constantly before him when considering the exotic phenomena that surrounded him on his excursions from the Beagle, and later whjen he was struggling with the ecological concepts, as yet undefined by science, that underlay hius evolutionary theories. "
(p.98)

Brent quotes Darwin concerning Humboldt:

"If you see him again...say that I never forget that my whole course of life is due to having read and re-read as a youth his Personal Narrative"
(p.98)

So, again, Scientists already have the belief. They then seek to find evidence for their faith.

So if scientists disagree with evolution and agree with Creationism, then I guess it is scientific also. It is just that you disagree.

In your definition of evolution are you saying all things come from one source be it plants, animals, etc. And that different species have evolved and changed into another species?

I don't see the need to admit I am wrong at this time. Continue to show me though. I assure you I will admit I am wrong if you convince me.

Quantrill

To River Jordon

I don't know what 'population' you are talking about and don't know by what you mean by 'evolved'. If the population just changed in some way from different races of people or in different morals, or in different economies, that is not what I call evolution. Just simple change. Which no one is denying.

So, again, there are scientists who disasgree with you. Imagine that.

Im sure some are lying. Most are just wrong and have accepted the popular beliefs of the day. Im sure some really 'believe' it.

Scripture is clear that God created the heavens and the earth and man and animal life. Distinclty separtate. Thus no evloution. Scripture is clear. As to your populations evloving, read my first sentence.

Of course God created ebola. For His purpose. And if someone dies from it, that is His purpose.

Quantrill

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Quantrill said:
Darwin already had ideas and views of evolution prior to his trip to the Galapogos as these beliefs were already being voiced.

Before his trip there, while he was at Cambridge he read two books which had great influence on him. One was by John Hershel. " Preliminary Discourse on the study of Natural Philosophy ". The other was by Friedrich Heinrich Alexander, Baron Von Humboldt. " Personal Narative of Travels to the Equinoctial Regions of the New Continent ". From ( Charles Darwin, by Peter Brent, p.98)

Brent goes on to say:

"If from Herschel Darwin gathered a view of science as anb all-embracing discipline, from Humboldt he derived a sense of the unity of nature. It was Humboldt's ambition to present the natural world as a single interlocking entity, a process to which all its parts contributed, each affected by all the others. This vision enabled himn among other things to take the first steps towards establishing meteorology as a science. And it was this vision that Darwen kept constantly before him when considering the exotic phenomena that surrounded him on his excursions from the Beagle, and later whjen he was struggling with the ecological concepts, as yet undefined by science, that underlay hius evolutionary theories. "
(p.98)

Brent quotes Darwin concerning Humboldt:

"If you see him again...say that I never forget that my whole course of life is due to having read and re-read as a youth his Personal Narrative"
(p.98)

So, again, Scientists already have the belief. They then seek to find evidence for their faith.

So if scientists disagree with evolution and agree with Creationism, then I guess it is scientific also. It is just that you disagree.

In your definition of evolution are you saying all things come from one source be it plants, animals, etc. And that different species have evolved and changed into another species?

I don't see the need to admit I am wrong at this time. Continue to show me though. I assure you I will admit I am wrong if you convince me.

Quantrill

All priests had to study nature, so naturally (pun intended!) Darwin did also. They saw studying nature as studying how God created the world. And, nature does work together. Have you ever heard the phrase, the circle of life? Life, as messy as it is, does work in harmony. Small insects are food to small animals, small animals are food to even bigger animals, and when those large animals die, insects feed on them. And that's just one really vague answer, there are thousands of different species on Earth. I think there are about 7.77 million species of animals on Earth. Think about how many of them must interact with each other. Some are at the bottom of the food chain, others at the top. Some work together, some will fight with each other, others will simply ignore certain species. It's actually really beautiful when you think a lot about it. How every single species has its place to make sure that the life of its species, and indirectly, the life of other species, continues.

So, if you are going to say that because Darwin studied nature that he already had the belief of evolution, then you're going to have to assume that almost all priests from that time believed in evolution as well. Which I highly doubt, since so many were unhappy with what Darwin had come up with. The man who had brought him to the islands was so upset that he played a part in the theory of evolution that he killed himself.
Quantrill said:
To River Jordon

I don't know what 'population' you are talking about and don't know by what you mean by 'evolved'. If the population just changed in some way from different races of people or in different morals, or in different economies, that is not what I call evolution. Just simple change. Which no one is denying.

So, again, there are scientists who disasgree with you. Imagine that.

Im sure some are lying. Most are just wrong and have accepted the popular beliefs of the day. Im sure some really 'believe' it.

Scripture is clear that God created the heavens and the earth and man and animal life. Distinclty separtate. Thus no evloution. Scripture is clear. As to your populations evloving, read my first sentence.

Of course God created ebola. For His purpose. And if someone dies from it, that is His purpose.

I know this is to River Jordan, and to be honest she'd probably do a better job than me, but I just want to say something. When people are talking about evolution, they aren't talking about how society has changed over time, "If the population just changed in some way from different races of people or in different morals, or in different economies" People are usually talking about how different species of animals, plants, bacteria etc. have changed.

There are always going to be scientists who disagree, we all don't have a hive mind. People do not agree on what scripture says, does that mean that the scripture is immediately not true?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do not think we are able to question a persons Christianity.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557

It doesn't matter where Darwin studied it or got the ideas of evolution from. The point that I made and proved to you was that Darwin already had these notions and ideas of evolution in his head before he went to the Galapogos. Thus Darwin already was a believer of this evolutionary system and would later seek proofs for it. Support for his faith.

No I don't have to say anything you say I have to. Just like there are scientists who don't believe in evolution, so there are many want to be priests who don't believe in evolution. Your logic is wanting.

Scripture is always true. And Christians can disagree in some areas of Scripture and still be Christian. But to disagree in others is to indicate one is not Christian.

Quantrill

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
River Jordan said:
So when I saw a population evolve, I didn't really see it? How do you account for the other scientists who say they saw populations evolve? They're lying?

I realize God is able to create those things, but that's not what I"m asking. I'm asking you if God did create those things. Do you believe God created ebola specifically to kill people?

So the creationist Discovery Institute disputes that new species have been observed to evolve? If all of you hold to that position, do you therefore believe that Noah took two of every single species on earth aboard the ark?

Sure, there's lots of material out there about the evolution of resistance in E. coli. what do you want...a journal article, or a more layperson friendly article?

Remember that other guy who was a geocentrist? I'm sure he'd insist that you were under Satan's spell for daring to believe that the earth moves and orbits the sun! LOL!

Where? Show me the scripture that says "populations never evolve".

So you believe God deliberately created ebola with the biochemical ability to kill people...Clostridium botulinum already with the toxin to cause botulism...Variola major already with the ability to cause smallpox...and so on?

Wow. That's sick.

And yeah...I know that in your black/white world, everyone who's doesn't believe exactly as you do cannot be a Christian. Sad.
As always discussion with you is fruitless. We are simply not hearing from the same God. Everything you write makes my spirit sick and drops my IQ.

So you believe that the world's earth and life scientists have been under a satanic spell for the last 230 years or so? That's pretty convenient, isn't it? Everyone who believes differently than KingJ is under Satan's spell.
Blurring arguments against evolution as rejection of science...sneaky sneaky. Definitely not a trait of my God, reminds me of John 8:44.

aspen said:
i do not think we are able to question a persons Christianity.
Stop being naive Aspen. We must identify and seek to remove those who teach contrary to scripture.

http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/commentaries/IVP-NT/Gal/Exposing-False-Teachers

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
It doesn't matter where Darwin studied it or got the ideas of evolution from. The point that I made and proved to you was that Darwin already had these notions and ideas of evolution in his head before he went to the Galapogos. Thus Darwin already was a believer of this evolutionary system and would later seek proofs for it. Support for his faith.

Not true at all. And where did he get the notions for evolution? After going to the island, not before. Where did you say that by studying nature priests already had the notion of evolution?

No I don't have to say anything you say I have to. Just like there are scientists who don't believe in evolution, so there are many want to be priests who don't believe in evolution. Your logic is wanting.

All I said was just because there is disagreement, doesn't mean something isn't true.

Scripture is always true. And Christians can disagree in some areas of Scripture and still be Christian. But to disagree in others is to indicate one is not Christian.

I was just pointing out that just because people disagree, doesn't mean that it isn't true.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
So I think we have an understanding here. Quantrill and KingJ believe that 99% of the world's earth and life scientists have been deluded by Satan and/or lying for the last 200 years or so. God deliberately created viruses, bacteria, parasites, etc. with the express intent of killing men, women, and children, and at times with as much suffering as possible.

Anyone who doesn't agree with all of that is not a Christian, is an enemy of the faith, and needs to be "removed".

With angry, willful ignorance like that, is it any wonder kids today are citing Christianity's anti-science attitude as one of the main reasons they're leaving the faith en masse?

And FYI, evolution...the idea that organisms change over time...was already somewhat accepted within the scientific community when Darwin published his Origin of Species. What was special about his work was that he identified a mechanism by which it worked, and tied a lot of the loose ends together.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
questioning a persons faith and determining whether their teaching is correct are two different things

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557 said:

Not true at all. And where did he get the notions for evolution? After going to the island, not before. Where did you say that by studying nature priests already had the notion of evolution?

All I said was just because there is disagreement, doesn't mean something isn't true.

I was just pointing out that just because people disagree, doesn't mean that it isn't true.
Did you not read the quotes I gave you? The ideas for 'evolution' were already in Darwins head due to others influence. He even admitted it. All your doing is just saying that is not true. But, I have supported this claim from Darwin himself. So, Darwin already had the 'belief' of evolution. He just needed some 'support' for his beliefs. Which again is all evolution is. Please reread the quotes I gave you.

Sorry, but that is not true that all you said was just because there is diagreement doesn't mean something isn't true.

Do you have more to support your faith in evolution? Makes one wonder why the faith of evolution is allowed to be taught in schools as science.

Quantrill

River Jordan said:
So I think we have an understanding here. Quantrill and KingJ believe that 99% of the world's earth and life scientists have been deluded by Satan and/or lying for the last 200 years or so. God deliberately created viruses, bacteria, parasites, etc. with the express intent of killing men, women, and children, and at times with as much suffering as possible.

Anyone who doesn't agree with all of that is not a Christian, is an enemy of the faith, and needs to be "removed".

With angry, willful ignorance like that, is it any wonder kids today are citing Christianity's anti-science attitude as one of the main reasons they're leaving the faith en masse?

And FYI, evolution...the idea that organisms change over time...was already somewhat accepted within the scientific community when Darwin published his Origin of Species. What was special about his work was that he identified a mechanism by which it worked, and tied a lot of the loose ends together.
Well, the vast majority of people are being decieved by Satan and going to hell. Why should it be any different with the scientists?

Oh please, your breakin my heart. Kids or anyone else can use whatever reason they want to 'leave'. Maybe they will come to your faith of evolution. Those who are Christ's do not leave.

Tell that to snr555. I already knew Darwin and scientis had the faith of evolution. They just need the support to make it believeable.

Quantrill

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Quantrill said:

Did you not read the quotes I gave you? The ideas for 'evolution' were already in Darwins head due to others influence. He even admitted it. All your doing is just saying that is not true. But, I have supported this claim from Darwin himself. So, Darwin already had the 'belief' of evolution. He just needed some 'support' for his beliefs. Which again is all evolution is. Please reread the quotes I gave you.

I read them, they talked about how nature interacts with one another. If you're saying that's not true then you are just tossing out all of biology. Here's a definition of evolution, and if you can show me exactly where it says this in the above quotes describing how nature interacts with each other and how species are created over time, I'll give you a chance in your claim that Darwin believed in evolution before he came up with it.

"the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth."

Sorry, but that is not true that all you said was just because there is diagreement doesn't mean something isn't true.

That was your argument, I was disproving your argument, don't pin that line of thinking on me.

Do you have more to support your faith in evolution? Makes one wonder why the faith of evolution is allowed to be taught in schools as science.

It's taught because that is what science has shown to be the most true, if you can provide any evidence for Creationism that has been tested and retested for years I'd appreciate it, since no one ever has been able to.

Quantrill

Nov 29, 2013
Texas
snr5557 said:

I read them, they talked about how nature interacts with one another. If you're saying that's not true then you are just tossing out all of biology. Here's a definition of evolution, and if you can show me exactly where it says this in the above quotes describing how nature interacts with each other and how species are created over time, I'll give you a chance in your claim that Darwin believed in evolution before he came up with it.

"the process by which different kinds of living organisms are thought to have developed and diversified from earlier forms during the history of the earth."

That was your argument, I was disproving your argument, don't pin that line of thinking on me.

It's taught because that is what science has shown to be the most true, if you can provide any evidence for Creationism that has been tested and retested for years I'd appreciate it, since no one ever has been able to.
I am not saying it. I am quoting it. Look again," It was Humboldt's ambition to present the natural world as a single interlocking entity ". Did you see that? Then Brent says, " And it was this vision that Darwin kept constantly before him when considering the exotic phenomena that surrounded him on his excursions from the Beagle, and later when he was struggling with the ecological copncepts, ...that underlay his evolutionary theories. " Did you see that, "that underlay his evolutionary theories".

Whether or not Darwin or anyone else called it evolution, he was already a believer in this evolutionary belief. And he builded on it with time and the Galapogos.

But, we can go farther back than that to see 'evolutionary influence'. To Erasmus Darwin, his grandfather who was also a member of the Lunar Society. " Briefly he corresponded wiuth Rousseau and, at slightly greater length, with the geologist Hutton, whose ideas , disseminated by Playfair and filtered by Lyell, were to have a profound influence on the as yet unborn Charles....In 1794 he brought out Zoonomia, subtitled The Laws of Organic Life and intended principallyu as a medical textbook. In it however, Erasmus propounded a developmental theory, though he argued it in speculative rather thatn factual terms. " (Charles Darwin, Peter Brent, p. 14)

So, you see, its not me that says Darwin already had 'evolutionary ideas' and 'beliefs' long before the Galapogos. What say you again?

Im not pinning anything on you. Im just saying that is not what you said. And it wasn't. Why be deceptive in your presentation?

Just because science has said what is 'most true', because of course it isn't true, doesn't mean it isn't a faith. It is. Because it can't be proved. You should apply for tax free exemption because of your faith based program. Which again brings up the question, why is a faith like evolution taught in public schools?

The evidence for Creation is the Bible. And, if the faith of evolution can be taught as 'science', then so should creationism be allowed to be taught as 'science'. Makes sence to me. How about you?

Quantrill

Reactions: UppsalaDragby