Creationists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
snr5557 said:
When and why did you become a Creationist? If you can remember.
I know a lot of discussion has taken place since the original post, but I will just answer the original question from my perspective.

I became a "young earth creationist" (as people will label me because they have a need to label everything) when I decided God was right and man was wrong. Also known as the day I became Christ's (saved, born again whatever term you use). I am also able to be labeled a "biblical literalist", I believe the bible to be the inerrant, completely inspired Word of God. I do not have to wait for Him to speak to me audibly, if I care to find out what He thinks...I open His Word.

Those of you who have read my posts know I am a simple man, but if the complex does not match with the simple...the complex has to be wrong. One can not build a building without a foundation. There was only one thing (a very simple one) that God let me run into with evolution that disproved all of it for me. There are none of the theories (that I have run into) that do not include a fossil record before sin. The bible tells me very plainly that death is a result of sin, therefore, if death came before sin...God is a liar. As I stated before, the day Christ grabbed me and made me His...I decided He was right and man was wrong in all areas they do not agree. God is not a liar.

Pretty basic, pretty simple....meh it is who God made me.

Reactions: KingJ

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
ChristianJuggarnaut said:
River, aspen, and SNR.

Please define evolution so I will know exactly what you are talking about.
In the biological sciences, "evolution" is "a change in allele frequencies in a population over time", which basically means genetic changes over time. That is a regularly observed fact.

There is also the theory of evolution, which includes descriptions of the specific mechanisms behind evolution (how it happens), specific relationships between taxa (like reptiles and birds, fish and amphibians, humans and primates), and the concept of universal common descent (all life on earth shares a common ancestry).

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
Tell me what parts of the bible did you find true enough to lead you to faith.

ie. How can a person be born without the aid of an earthly man? How can a person who is dead rise again? These things are scientifically impossible.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Tell me what parts of the bible did you find true enough to lead you to faith.

ie. How can a person be born without the aid of an earthly man? How can a person who is dead rise again? These things are scientifically impossible.
I was not saved strictly by reading the Bible. I did read the Bible, a lot actually, but my accepting Christ as my Savior stemmed first and foremost from an indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
River Jordan said:
I was not saved strictly by reading the Bible. I did read the Bible, a lot actually, but my accepting Christ as my Savior stemmed first and foremost from an indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
sounds like your trying hard not to say...

God did the creating of faith in you. :D

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Through scripture and personal experience of course.

Do you ask these sorts of basic questions of everyone here?

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2013
Orthodox evolutionists that I have heard claim that after the extinction level event (ELE) which took place 65 million years ago this planet has been safe for animals to evolve to the species that we have today, including ourselves. However, actual scientific discoveries have contradicted this 'clear sailing' period of time. Here are some of them:

1. A meteor crater 53 miles in diameter discovered in Chesapeake Bay, USA, and dated to 35 million years ago.

2. A meteor crater 32 miles in diameter discovered in Tajikistan, and dated to 10 million years ago.

3. 2 meteor craters, one 17 miles in diameter and the other 15 miles in diameter, discovered in Canada and dated to 38 million and 23 million years ago respectively.

4. A meteor crater 15 miles in diameter discovered in Germany, and dated to 15 million years ago.

5. Three eruptions of the supervolcano that is Yellowstone National Park, USA, and dated from 2 million to 650,000 years ago.

6. The eruption of the supervolcano Mt. Toba, Sumatra, dated to 75,000 years ago.

And what do all of these events have in common beyond their incredible destructive force? They were all powerful enough to eject ash and gases into the stratosphere, blocking sunlight for years, if not decades, and thereby turning the surface of this planet into the equivalent temperature of a walk-in freezer. However, when asked how animals of sufficient size to evolve to where species are today could have survived such brutal temperatures the stock answer of evolutionists has been, "If none of them survived, then they couldn't have evolved to where we are today. So some of them must have survived, since we are here." That's called a circular argument, and no reputable scientist will even accept it as valid, muchless accept it as accurate.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
I'm not aware of any credible scientific sources that take the position that there have been no impacts in the last 65 million years. Do you have a link to one who does?

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2013
River Jordan-

They have not denied that there have been impacts, but they have denied that any of them could be classified as ELE's. In fact, I listened to one professor who is a diehard evolutionist state categorically that the only thing that took place when the meteor struck in Chesapeake Bay 35 million years ago was 'a big splash'. However, there are a number of objections to that:

1. 'A big splash' would not have left a crater 53 miles in diameter in the sea bed.

2. The water level there is less than 300 feet deep.

3. The meteor that stuck there is estimated to have been traveling at 40,000 miles per hour, which is 11.11 miles per second.

4. At that speed it would have hit the sea bed in .005 seconds from when it reached the surface.

5. Meteors that are solid enough to strike the earth's surface heat up the air to thousands of degrees as they push it ahead of them, and this air would have evaporated all water ahead of the meteor itself at such a shallow depth. So its impact would have been exactly the same as if it had hit dry land.

The facts are that science has put up obstacles to those who want to cling to an orthodox evolutionary theory. So now they're 'grabbing at straws' in an attempt to have others accept what science itself is contradicting.

ChristianJuggarnaut

Feb 20, 2012
I would not consider the question "what is the Holy Spirit" a basic question. Anyway, you are under no obligation to answer any questions and I will accept your comment as a request to stop asking.

I am simply trying to determine if there are posers among us. I will not suggest that I am using the gift of discernment as that may upset some of our cessation friends.

It seems to me that your views are much more in line with an atheistic or agnostic worldview.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Harry3142 said:
They have not denied that there have been impacts, but they have denied that any of them could be classified as ELE's. In fact, I listened to one professor who is a diehard evolutionist state categorically that the only thing that took place when the meteor struck in Chesapeake Bay 35 million years ago was 'a big splash'.
Sorry, but "I heard some guy on the radio" isn't really compelling. Especially given that we can go look for ourselves and see what scientists figure happened with the Chesapeake impact.

"The comet or asteroid that caused the impact, and likely measured 5 to 8 miles (8 to 13 kilometers) in diameter, hurtled through the air toward the area that is now Washington, D.C., when it fell. The impact crated a massive wave 1,500 feet (457 meters) high, researchers said."

So your description from memory isn't really matching up with what scientists have actually said.

The facts are that science has put up obstacles to those who want to cling to an orthodox evolutionary theory. So now they're 'grabbing at straws' in an attempt to have others accept what science itself is contradicting.
Given the above, your assertion about the "facts" is questionable at best.

I would not consider the question "what is the Holy Spirit" a basic question. Anyway, you are under no obligation to answer any questions and I will accept your comment as a request to stop asking.

I am simply trying to determine if there are posers among us. I will not suggest that I am using the gift of discernment as that may upset some of our cessation friends.

It seems to me that your views are much more in line with an atheistic or agnostic worldview.
No, I wasn't trying to get you to stop, I was just wondering why you were asking those questions only of me. You've answered that by explaining that you are basically questioning my faith.

Let me ask you a question: Do you always question the faith of those who hold beliefs that are different than yours?