Creationists

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define Creationist because the word means many things to many people.

For instance, you become a Creationist at least in the point you become a Christian, otherwise you're an agnostic because whether or not God did it in 7 days or 7-8 billion years, He created.

I'm assuming you mean Young Earth Creationist?

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Actually any type of Creationist, young earth or old earth. I forget the others, I think one is called a gap creationist?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess i am a creationist because i believe God created the universe - Moses recieved an inspired message about it - and it was recorded in Genesis. like all revelation, the details are general, but underlying message is clear.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
For me it was when I was a kid, but I cant remember exactly when. I felt I have always preferred creation over evolution because I remember I had a hard time working out how we as humans are so completely different to the animal kingdom managed to be the only intelligent life to come from an animal, I was never clued up about these things but that always just seemed ridiculous to me even before I became a Christian some twenty odd years later.

Like I said Im no scientist but if we come from apes and evolved all this intelligence, how come other smart land sky or water animals didnt just happen to evolve in to smart beings just as clued up as us? Like Aquaman or Birdman

Heres a picture I found on the internet, its a scientific rendering of just such a being....

View attachment 180

Attachments

• Hybrid.jpg
    Hybrid.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 0

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Madad21 said:
For me it was when I was a kid, but I cant remember exactly when. I felt I have always preferred creation over evolution because I remember I had a hard time working out how we as humans are so completely different to the animal kingdom managed to be the only intelligent life to come from an animal, I was never clued up about these things but that always just seemed ridiculous to me even before I became a Christian some twenty odd years later.

Like I said Im no scientist but if we come from apes and evolved all this intelligence, how come other smart land sky or water animals didnt just happen to evolve in to smart beings just as clued up as us? Like Aquaman or Birdman

Heres a picture I found on the internet, its a scientific rendering of just such a being....

attachicon.gif
Hybrid.jpg
Because intelligence did not help every type of species survive. An intelligent sheep might question the herd mentality, which is essential to the survival of the species - if he is eaten before he breeds, intelligence is weeded out.

I am starting to agree with some of the creationist on the board - if evolution really is as limited and ridiculous as portrayed by creationists, it cannot possibly be true.......

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
snr5557 : When and why did you become a Creationist? If you can remember.
When did you start to believe that rocks could become men? If you can remember.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
IBeMe said:

Rocks are not living things, so it cannot evolve, so it could never become anything else.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rest my case.......

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
aspen said:
Because intelligence did not help every type of species survive. An intelligent sheep might question the herd mentality, which is essential to the survival of the species - if he is eaten before he breeds, intelligence is weeded out.

I am starting to agree with some of the creationist on the board - if evolution really is as limited and ridiculous as portrayed by creationists, it cannot possibly be true.......
Why, did you have belief in evolution before?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Madad, sorry I was just making a point about Creationists misrepresenting evolution. The strawmen they are erecting and calling 'evolution theory' is ridiculous and unbelievable, and if they really believe it is what science is teaching, I can see why they reject it.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
aspen said:
Madad, sorry I was just making a point about Creationists misrepresenting evolution. The strawmen they are erecting and calling 'evolution theory' is ridiculous and unbelievable, and if they really believe it is what science is teaching, I can see why they reject it.
The sad part is, those ridiculous and unbelievably ignorant things are what some Christians are teaching to kids and telling them "You have to believe this, or you can't be a Christian". And when the kids are like, "Well, if that's what I have to believe, then I'm outta here", these Christians shrug their shoulders and figure it must be the end times since the faith is in decline. :wacko:

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I totally agree River - it is a real millstone

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
aspen said:
Ohhh I got ya, I dont think know anything about "Evolution Theory" if you mean its different from "The theory of Evolution" I will go do some reading so I can catch up to you guys

I did a study on the gap theory here [SIZE=13.63636302947998px] [/SIZE]http://www.icr.org/article/why-gap-theory-wont-work/
It was interesting and it makes a good point

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
IBeMe said:

Can you provide a source where a scientist claims "rocks became men"?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
snr5557 said:
When and why did you become a Creationist? If you can remember.
Can I ask you something instead ??

You have been here for about 13 days and have started about 15 threads .... many of which are creation vs evolution.

What exactly is it you are wanting ?? We give you our answers and then you turn around and tell us how wrong we are.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
Arnie Manitoba said:
Can I ask you something instead ??
Ok

You have been here for about 13 days and have started about 15 threads .... many of which are creation vs evolution.
That is a lot of threads.

What exactly is it you are wanting ??
Information
Ok ok, I could be a bit more specific.
I don't mean to offend anyone, I really don't.

But I find what Creationists believe bizarre. I had never heard of anyone thinking that people and dinosaurs coexisted. If somehad had told me that was what Creationists believed, I would have been skeptical. Until I met Creationists online who said they did.

But it was interesting, I wanted to know why Creationists went against what science has shown us. I could assume things, or go straight to the source and ask them why. So I did the second option.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Snr - I think you might be asking a question that will not provide you with a satisfying answer, no matter how many people you ask. I used to want to know why people believed what they believed.....I asked that question in various forms for years......you know what I found out? Most people have no idea. I was so disappoint! At first I could not accept it! How could people wake up in the morning and not review why they believe what they believed about the world?! The answer is pretty boring........they do, everyday. It really shocked me later when I discovered my well thought out beliefs were not as important as I thought they were, because we are much more than our thoughts.

I think Creationists want to believe the Bible is trustworthy - therefore, they want it all to be literal. Its the age old human drive for security, based on the fear of being separated after the Fall. I used to be convinced that people were afraid to die - boy, was I wrong, people are afraid to live. they are afraid that new ideas will disprove what they have determined to be true about the world and God. I remembered the day - it was a born again moment for me....the day I decided that I would never allow myself to be afraid of ideas again. Ideas can always be revised and corrected - they are basically meaningless. The Bible is right regardless of my opinion - or it isn't or some of it is and some of it isn't. I have chosen to believe it is true, but I could be wrong....

The only thing I am concerned about today is the condition of my heart - how I reach out to others. How I can be a healer/helper rather than a consumer. How I can practice being vulnerable with God and selfless in my attitude and actions towards God and others.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
What do you call a person who sows discord on the internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community(such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion?

Wikipedia says troll. Just sayin...Carry on :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mr. Bride, I am not trying to upset anyone, I am trying to let snr know that his question may not provide him with a satisfying answer. If you are offended by my comment, PM me and I will discuss it.