Crusifing your self daily

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The disciples and apostles wrote the scriptures and they give us an image of Jesus as he was in the flesh. These teachings fill our hearts and we become like that as we see Jesus. People become Christians and we become as he was because of our understanding.
When we start seeing spiritual things, the men we are starts changing and then it is the old man decreasing and the new man increasing. That's when we are as little children spoken of several times in the bible.
Paul said crucifies daily. We grow more in the Spirit from what we see and hear and soon enough all we see is the Spirit and the Jesus we knew from the flesh has then risen. If Jesus is still here with you in the flesh, his Spirit, the Spirit of truth is still with him and as the scriptures say the Spirit had not been given when he was in the Flesh. He said it when I leave the Father will send you the spirit. The Holy Spirit. The Spirit of truth. Jesus said he was the truth and his Spirit is the Holy Spirit.
John, the most loved disciple was the only disciple to make it to the cross and that was when Jesus said, John, behold your mother.
The flesh understanding is the sin of us Christians but to make it to the cross means we have overcome our sin and lay them at the cross.
When you do this, there will come a time that the Holy Spirit gives you a vision and you will see the Lord. I know this because it happened to me. When I did see Jesus on the cross it surprised me because he looked just like my brother and this is how he tells us we are his brother and also son's of God. When I did see him he looked at me straight in the eyes and then he smiles at me.
N

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you think that Jesus crucified Himself? Why would He allow the Romans to do that for Him?

We can only surrender ourselves to be crucified.

Being crucified inwardly is the work of God. This takes place through surrender to God's will. A full surrender. God knows when we are fully surrendered. And we know we are fully surrendered when God visits us to do that cleansing work to us.

Crucifixion to us destroys sin in us. It takes away the power behind sin.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The flesh understanding is the sin of us Christians

This is nonsence. We are both physical and spiritual, both are marr/contaminated by sin.
We are saved through Jesus's atonement.

But
Our Physical amd our Spiritual natures are unchanged.

We are being changed and will be changed, ultimately when Jesus returns, untill then we have to live a physical life for Jesus as well as a Spiritual life for him.

To try and separet the physical or flesh from the spiritual is to teach faleshood.

Collin Feener

Aug 2, 2019
Toronto Ont Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If your physical and Spiritual are unchanged, Jesus died in vain to you. If you have received the Holy Spirit, how can you say you haven't changed and who is it teaching you.
Sometimes I say physical for lack of a better word that people may understand but it is the flesh that changes from the flesh of the beast to the flesh of Jesus. The written word is the flesh and without the Spirit you are not changed. Not changed but tamed and sent out two by two. This is good for the world but it isn't being set free.
You always judge me when you acuse me of foolishness. You shouldn't judge because all will soon see things spiritually.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We all have corruptible flesh!! in the flesh dwells no good thing rom 7:18 which is why we do have 2 crucify the flesh!! the flesh is constantly warring wiv the spirit gal 5:17-18 which is why we have 2 keep it under subjection to the spirit and 2 Gods purpose for us! I also agree the real salvation comes at the end when we have endured 2 the end, wat we have right now as Christians is a temporal/earthly kind of salvation!!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all have corruptible flesh!! in the flesh dwells no good thing rom 7:18 which is why we do have 2 crucify the flesh!! the flesh is constantly warring wiv the spirit gal 5:17-18 which is why we have 2 keep it under subjection to the spirit and 2 Gods purpose for us! I also agree the real salvation comes at the end when we have endured 2 the end, wat we have right now as Christians is a temporal/earthly kind of salvation!!

"For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live." Rom 8:13

"Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them." Col 3:5-7

Reactions: faithfulness