culling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This Vale Of Tears said:
Nobody is predestined to eternity in hell. The cruel "god" of the Calvinists is not the God I know, love, and serve.
That's true Tears. Only saved believers are predestined, and only in the sense of becoming Christ like.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Liquid Psalm said:
I think God has always culled the human race. The old testament accounts of people being slaughtered by the Hebrews, the great flood, etc...
And even after we die we are culled in that we are segregated into two groups for eternity. Those who shall thrive in Heaven. And those who shall suffer in Hell.

It's predestined according to God and his plan before the creation of the earth so why sweat it?
Gen 15:16 clearly shows us that God was not culling. Humans were sinful and their sin reached an intolerable level. Prompting either God to literally or via prophets / Jews to act. 'In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure'.

The only culling God is guilty of is shortening our life time from 900 to 70 years.
This Vale Of Tears said:
Nobody is predestined to eternity in hell. The cruel "god" of the Calvinists is not the God I know, love, and serve.
It is hard to grasp Calvinism. But they don't believe in a cruel God at all. But on face value it does seem like they suggest it.
aspen said:
you cannot save anyone, but i hope jesus will redeem everyone
Jesus has redeemed everyone. He is standing at the door to everyone's house.

If you were God, how would you make a paedophile happy in heaven? How would you make him happy outside of heaven?

Meditate on John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Shortening our lifespan was a blessing to mankind. A shorter life means more urgency to consider one's mortality. It means less opportunity to sin and not having centuries of sins to answer for. Everything God does is ultimately for our benefit. Everything.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen said:
So, is God just trying to cull humanity? Sorting out the losers from the winners......the righteous from the malicious, manical sinners........fans from the practitioners?
“Cull”, Is a disturbing term used in this context

“Sorting” is a disturbing term used in this context

I have never before seen these terms used in this context.

Where are you from may I ask? :)-
This Vale Of Tears said:
Everything God does is ultimately for our benefit. Everything.
In my personal view God has already done His thing.
He gave us life,,.,..,.,.,,,.,,..,.,,.,..,.

He gave us instructions, suggestions & guidelines.

What we do with them is our “choice” to make

And that is the biggest gift of all, “choice”.

& I choose to go to sleep

May you and yours have a great tomorrow and beyond

Bye :)-
Wrong, it seems I cannot sleep :)-