Cults

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have it backwards. SDA thinks all Christians who worship on Sunday will one day conspire with the state to pass laws making Sabbatarianism illegal. Everybody else is a whore and/or daughters of the whore but not them. There are plenty of reasons why they target the Catholic Church to the extreme they do. I don't damn them or any body else, but there is nothing in current history, since The Great Controversy was published, to support a prophecy that is intrinsically disordered. Calling your mother a whore is the worst of universal insults. My Church says the SDA are not a cult, but a sect, and I think they would agree with at least that much.
1708126759025.png

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And sadly Walter Martin taught eternal security which is false doctrine... ultimately this makes him a false teacher.

He did have some good teachings about cults being false... but he was part of the OSAS cult so in the end he embraced one of the major cults of our day which is based on the tenets of calvinism and is false doctrine.
for those who want to verifly

Mary Baker Eddy rejected calvinist teachings at a young age.

keith tolbert christian apologist of AOG Dearborn, MI wrote a paper on the connections from Calvinism's role in starting some cults like Christian Science, Mary Baker Eddy and others. I did not find it online. I wonder if I still have a copy in my messed up filing system.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SDA teach that those who worship on Sunday are not saved.
That is not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see that you can write long posts, but I guess you don't take the time to read others' long posts. Check out post#84.

I usually find your posts pretty informative, Learner. But because you posted tripe like this, I may have to re-research what ya put .

Here's part of 84
"The change in the fourth commandment is the change pointed out in the prophecy, and the keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark. But Christians of past generations observed the first day, supposing that they were keeping the Bible Sabbath, and there are in the churches of today many who honestly believe that Sunday is the Sabbath of divine appointment. None of these have received the mark of the beast. There are true Christians in every church, not excepting the Roman Catholic communion. The test upon this question does not come until Sunday observance is enforced by law, and the world is enlightened concerning the obligation of the true Sabbath. Not until the issue is thus plainly set before the people, and they are brought to choose between the commandments of God and the commandments of men, will those who continue in transgression receive the mark of the beast."
Ellen G. White
The Spirit of Prophecy, vol. 4, p. 218

Reactions: Spyder

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, there are several SDA people on here that are becoming radicalized just like the muslims do before they do terrorism and start killing people. Somebody need to report these people to the proper authorities before they go attack churches that meet on Sunday.