Cults

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Power ....acceptance/belonging ....greed .....childhood wounding .... and then there are those who are multigenerational, born in by bloodline. There are ones who are disillusioned with the state of the church, or wounded by the church. The list goes on and on.

Wayne222

Oct 21, 2023
Belton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Power ....acceptance/belonging ....greed .....childhood wounding .... and then there are those who are multigenerational, born in by bloodline. There are ones who are disillusioned with the state of the church, or wounded by the church. The list goes on and on.
Do you think lack of knowledge of scripture can play ? Of course if you’re born into it then that would not be the case. I personally was almost lead into one by lack of knowledge. It’s the demonic that really is involved in the leadership of cults. Thanks Sister

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is the main reason people go to cults ? I almost did when I was a teenager. I know Gods Holy Spirit lead me away from that and kept me free.
We all have a spiritual side to our natures and I think people are looking for something to fill that empty place inside them. In reality though it is only Jesus that can fill that space with truth and life. The cults - including the Catholic church - offer a form of Godliness but deny its power. (2 Timothy 3:5) When people join cults, do they know it's a cult? And what makes the cults more attractive to them than the Church.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
satan is the father of lies and the great deceiver. Truth mixed with lies is the lure. Its why in the N.T. there are so many warnings about those who are trying to deceive you, false christs, antichrists, wolves in sheeps clothing, false teachers, false apostles, messengers of satan who appear as angels of light, etc.....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
satan is the father of lies and the great deceiver. Truth mixed with lies is the lure.
Tis always how satan and his ministirs do work .
Behold what occurred in the garden . Surely ye shall NOT die . LIE
ye shall become as gods knowing good and evil , that part was true but used in order to decieve them into
believing they would not die .
FOR even GOD said they have become as one of us knowing good and evil .
Today we have a massive delusion
for now the serpent cometh in his own name and brings yet the lie of perdition to the souls of men .
For HE says , Surely muslims , buddists , athiests and others shall not perish , shall not die if they BELIEVE NOT
for God is love . SEE how he is using the words GOD IS LOVE in order to decieve the masses into an all inclusive LIE that wont save a one of them . Satan be very slick indeed .
SEE how he and his men use the name of JESUS CHRIST and yet turn him into A MINSTIR O SIN all under the saying , GOD IS LOVe .
satan and his men sleep not . many a pulpit is now doing his work too . decieving the masses right into a lie
that will indeed gather them as one , ONLY IT AINT UNDER GOD at all .

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Power ....acceptance/belonging ....greed .....childhood wounding
I agree. I think usually for the cult leaders its either power and greed or some sort of mental illness or delusion. For followers either they were born or forced into it, or they feel a sense of acceptance/belonging/purpose when joining and afterwards are brainwashed or are threatened if they try to leave.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When does a cult stop being a cult? I think for many, its all about the majority. The more people who are in it, the more "mainstream" it is.

If modern day churches ever realized that their statement of faith regarding the Trinity is part of the cult of Gnosticism, it would turn Christianity on its head.
And what is a cult? Many have arbitrarily decided that certain groups are cults simply because someone or some group has said so...

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the main reason people go to cults ? I almost did when I was a teenager. I know Gods Holy Spirit lead me away from that and kept me free.
I think a lack of knowledge regarding the Scriptures is the main reason. Afterwards the cult will indoctrinate the person into the cult's beliefs.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a lack of knowledge regarding the Scriptures is the main reason. Afterwards the cult will indoctrinate the person into the cult's beliefs.
Yes, and no. The people are usually very dependent on the leader to tell them what the scriptures mean. The leader (even over a "christian" church) will often know the scriptures inside out. And they will use them in ways that subtly twist ....to mean something they do not mean. A church my husband and I were part of for 13 years was pastored by a man who is a handler for MK Ultra. We read through the Bible at least once a year as a congregation. He loved to use the scripture.... "Touch NOT Mine anointed, and do My prophets no harm!" So everyone was very afraid that this man's "angel" or "the angel of this ministry" would punish or kill them if they spoke against, or disagrees with something he and his men (deacons, elders, etc) did. He also loved to quote ..."Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together, as the manner of SOME is (and you know who you are)." WE had church meetings, activities, and functions nearly every single day ....literally. Interactions with other churches was frowned upon ...going to visit friends or family went through him first ...large offerings were taken up very often, and most of the church was low income, or else "full time Bible students" who lived on campus and were given weekly allowances by the church ....ranging between $50-100/week (plus room and board). Couples with children may get more. Pastor's son (co-pastor) got about double....of course. I mean, you'd be surprised when a congregation of about 100 low income (plus a few local business owners) throw together $150,000 to donate to a ministry in a tourist town .....which ministry is headed by an illuminati bloodline family with connections to well known evangelists like John Hagee and the likes.

Anyway ....there was a lot of fear of leaving a place like that because of the threats. Anytime you did something that connected you to a person from a different church, they knew. They knew things that were supposed to be private. And they used that knowledge to hold over you as if God told it to them. Pastor had a grandson-in-law who he co-owned cell towers with. This man also owned a "computer repair" business ....and another man/deacon in the church could hack computer connections. (Get my drift where their "words of knowledge" came from?) One of my friends who grew up there wanted to leave her cheating/abusive husband but they threatened to take her children away. She revealed to me that they had ways of hacking and snooping people's internet/computers.

Anytime they knew that I was trying to leave, their treatment of me and my children became more and more abusive. We stopped attending because my husband worked on most days and only attended weekend services. So he'd call and ask if we went to church. I'd load up the kids in the van ... and drive into a church parking lot and go back home just so I wouldn't have to lie when I said I went to church. (Sigh) But he found out anyway ....and things got worse. Threats from the cult (I mean higher up than my church and our pastor/handler) increased the threats (phone calls, stalking, punishments, street theater, etc).

When it was known that I wanted to leave and pull our children out of their parochial school, our pastor stood in the pulpit and ever so sincerely said, "Brother ....(my husband's name).... is afraid that he'll return home from work one night to find his entire family has burned up in a house fire." I knew exactly what that was (a threat)! I asked my husband if he'd voiced anything like that to him and he said he hadn't. And guess who founded the local "volunteer fire department"? ....yep, pastor did, many decades ago. And 95% of the "volunteers" are church members. Go figure.

So ....I made the decision to leave the church and pull our children out of the parochial school on Mother's Day of 2007. Stalking, threats, punishments increased ....hubby became such an angry man (fear turned on us) ....it was like living in a war zone.

The cult (illuminati/masonic/knights templar/Jesuits) know how to clamp down and apply pressure to get you to go back where it is "safe." It didn't work. On the 2-year anniversary of my decision to leave, Mother's Day of 2009, my children and I were abducted/kidnapped/drugged and sexually assaulted inside our own barn. Months later, our barn was arsoned. And guess who came to gloat and put out the fire? Yeah....

Anyway ..... that's a small glimpse into some of the goings on in THE cult, and their cult offshoots where they handle MK/SRA bloodline victims to keep them in line and keep their programming in check.

Some "small local cults" are actually branches from the elite cult meant to handle SRA/MK programmed people. And sometimes, others join no knowing the full scope of what it is ....they may be weak minded/weak in faith and spirit ....and want a place that looks really spiritual/christian on the outside.

Last edited:

Wayne222

Oct 21, 2023
Belton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a group deviates from the major doctrines of the Christian faith or adds a lot to the faith...that is considered a cult.
That’s correct Deb. I read the book years ago kingdom of the cults. By Walter Martin. It classified which groups are cults. I was in one for a while worldwide church of God but the whole time I felt uneasy and doubted what they taught. Now I do know the scripture well in my opinion. I would never fall for cult errors. The main errors are denial of Christ being God. Work salvations. Keeping the laws of the Torah. And many more. Then there are occult cults.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tis always how satan and his ministirs do work .
Behold what occurred in the garden . Surely ye shall NOT die . LIE
ye shall become as gods knowing good and evil , that part was true but used in order to decieve them into
believing they would not die .
FOR even GOD said they have become as one of us knowing good and evil .
Today we have a massive delusion
for now the serpent cometh in his own name and brings yet the lie of perdition to the souls of men .
For HE says , Surely muslims , buddists , athiests and others shall not perish , shall not die if they BELIEVE NOT
for God is love . SEE how he is using the words GOD IS LOVE in order to decieve the masses into an all inclusive LIE that wont save a one of them . Satan be very slick indeed .
SEE how he and his men use the name of JESUS CHRIST and yet turn him into A MINSTIR O SIN all under the saying , GOD IS LOVe .
satan and his men sleep not . many a pulpit is now doing his work too . decieving the masses right into a lie
that will indeed gather them as one , ONLY IT AINT UNDER GOD at all .
But don't you believe the soul is immortal? Isn't that the lie?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The main errors are denial of Christ being God. Work salvations. Keeping the laws of the Torah. And many more. Then there are occult cults.
I agree. The group we were part of preached a very works-based "salvation." It keeps people under a boatload of fear that they may mess up at any moment. That teaching is then an excuse to shame some folks who don't line up with their expectations, and to elevate others. Then, you're under condemnation and a burden of trying to jump through hoops to gain favor of the "God" they preach and focus is on self to be good enough rather on Christ and His finished work on the cross.

• Love
Reactions: Wayne222 and Debp

Wayne222

Oct 21, 2023
Belton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s correct Deb. I read the book years ago kingdom of the cults. By Walter Martin. It classified which groups are cults. I was in one for a while worldwide church of God but the whole time I felt uneasy and doubted what they taught. Now I do know the scripture well in my opinion. I would never fall for cult errors. The main errors are denial of Christ being God. Work salvations. Keeping the laws of the Torah. And many more. Then there are occult cults.

I agree. The group we were part of preached a very works-based "salvation." It keeps people under a boatload of fear that they may mess up at any moment. That teaching is then an excuse to shame some folks who don't line up with their expectations, and to elevate others. Then, you're under condemnation and a burden of trying to jump through hoops to gain favor of the "God" they preach and focus is on self to be good enough rather on Christ and His finished work on the cross.
Work salvation never ends and you can never be sure because we will mess up. I believe in good works but not to be saved but to live in the love of Gid and please him out of love. If I mess up he never forsake me. We are not under condemnation. But free in Christ. Praise God. That church you belong to was legalistic. And abusive. It did not produce good fruits.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Work salvation never ends and you can never be sure because we will mess up. I believe in good works but not to be saved but to live in the love of Gid and please him out of love. If I mess up he never forsake me. We are not under condemnation. But free in Christ. Praise God. That church you belong to was legalistic. And abusive. It did not produce good fruits.
I totally agree with you. To rest in Jesus and what He did for us is a life of peace and joy.

And about the good works, they come out of us because we are born of the Spirit.... children of God. We are not striving to work to be saved...but are having good works because we are saved.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lots of folks put fellowship with people before the Lord and value what people think and say before God's Word.

One of the first red flags in dealing with any group that let's you know they are a cult is when they believe their group is the only one that's right and their the only one's truly following the Lord such as the momans, the SDA people, the jahovah witnesses the calvinists, etc, etc.

If modern day churches ever realized that their statement of faith regarding the Trinity is part of the cult of Gnosticism, it would turn Christianity on its head.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Reckon the Lord should amend His Word and remove this from His Word? funny.gif

When a group deviates from the major doctrines of the Christian faith or adds a lot to the faith...that is considered a cult.

And when the catholics and the reformers brought in heresy taught by augustine and all those pope guys they claimed those actually going by what God's Word teachers were... a cult. clueless-doh.gif