Cya

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnworthyServant

Jan 30, 2010
Florida
In the short time that I've been here, I have come to one definite conclusion. Most of you are so caught in yourselves, there is no room for God. I have seen more twisting of scripture and more useless information in this forum than I can stand. You remind me of Pharisees and Scribes. I'm out of here. May God have mercy on your souls.

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
In the short time that I've been here, I have come to one definite conclusion. Most of you are so caught in yourselves, there is no room for God. I have seen more twisting of scripture and more useless information in this forum than I can stand. You remind me of Pharisees and Scribes. I'm out of here. May God have mercy on your souls.

I mostly have the same sentiment. It's legends of this and myths of that and trying to make them holy writ.

Vain philosophies and false text and trying to discredit the Word of God through vain intellect.

The place is full of people trying to decieve and confuse. Many of Satan's children trying to pervert and destroy and make it all appear as some fable.

This puts salvation in your own hands to interupt and find what is right according to one's own thinking. The Bible is true and all must be in accordance to scripture; else, you're the same as a theif and robber trying to climb into Heaven by some other means.

Tombstone

Aug 18, 2009
I have to agree with the first two posts here.
There is almost a complete unwillingness by the 'senior' people here to discuss in an open manner anything that they disagree with.

People smarter than all of us gathered here have scripturally found areas to support specific positions or beliefs. But if it disagrees with certain people here, it doesn't matter how learned or scripturally supported they are, they are simply wrong.

And the tactic of posting scores and scores and scores and scores (get the point) of scriptures at once to support your point...
More than once I have picked through random scriptures from these various deluges and they have little if anything to do with the point the person is claiming.
It just seems to be a cut and paste from another source and obviously something they themselves have not read all the way through.
They seem to think that the sheer volume of this non-related scripture blizzard is going to dissuade people.

When a single scripture, given in full context contradicts them, they ignore it and instead do another huge cut and paste. The goal just seems to wear someone down.

The Rapture and speaking in tongues are two of the most obvious examples. Learned men and woman with years of study well beyond ANYONE on this board have found support for and against these ideas. But when scripture is posted to support the idea of the Rapture or tongues as a personal prayer language, the scripture supporting it is called void and another deluge scripture - much non-related and some at best calling into question but by no means refuting - is thrown out there.

They say things like, "People who believe in the Rapture feel they don't have to do anything because they are going to miss out of the difficult times."
Every person I have ever known who believes in the Raptures thinks just the opposite. They feel must work HARDER to get the Word out as fast as possible so as many people as possible can be saved. They have a sense of urgency that I see as lacking in a large part of Christianity in America today.

And with speaking in tongues. I myself speak in tongues. It comes out when I and deep in prayer and it strengthens my bond with God. It mainly comes when I am searching God's will, asking Him what He would like to discuss or focus on or when I can't find the right words to praise Him as I know he deserves.
Romans 8:26-27.

Millions of others feel the same way. Yet the "experts" here state that it means nothing if it isn't an actual foreign language that can be translated by someone in church once it is spoken.
Disagree, fine. But then calling it detrimental or something negative, when the scripture finds no issue with it and it enhances your relationship Christ is not your place.
First plank, then splinter.

And I forget who it was who said that after Jesus seperates the sheep and the goats, the goats (those who died in their sins) will be thrown into the fire and immediately burn up. The instant burning up into nothingness is their eternal punishment.

I have been to two dozen scripture conferences since that thread. Conferences involving Baptists, Jews, Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, etc. etc. etc. and not a single person at any conference - many who have spent most of their adult life studying scriptures - could even fathom that someone would believe that.

Their biggest question is, "Then what is the point?"
"Being incinderated into nothingness where you experience nothing more makes no sense" said another who pointed out that most people would likely not be very discouraged from a life of sin if their punishment was 1-2 seconds of overwhelming pain followed by nothingness. He pointed out that people with a severe toothache or a hand scalded from hot water would suffer longer and more in depth than those who chose to be mass murderers, rapists, and God-deniers at the end of times.

It is true. Some of the ideas pushed here seem geared towards undermining God and His Scripture than supporting.

I still swing by once or twice a week, but find this a board barely carrying on. There is no way I would ever encourage a new Christian to come to this board.
The damage to their walk could be devastating.

Do the regulars here not see the number of people that come by, post for awhile, and then leave?
Do they not wonder why?

Reactions: gregg

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well Rapture is not a biblical doctrines but mens religions
and sense no one can prove Rapture in scripture seems all you have is an opinion
No one has ever proved Rapture that why it called a theroy ....
If you were interested in Gods Word instead of mens words and religions you would check these things out for yourself
instead of supporting men over God Word.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I mean this as respectfully as possible, but good riddance. I think we've all had enough of the agree-with-me-or-else attitude alongside the personal site broadcasting. I suppose at the very least it's the pot calling the kettle black in this case, so I'll leave it at that.

I mostly have the same sentiment. It's legends of this and myths of that and trying to make them holy writ.

Feel free to move on, because your thoughts on what the Word says doesn't make a hill of beans to me. I stand by what I say until proven wrong, and some bad-mouthing means nothing to me. Go for it.

There is almost a complete unwillingness by the 'senior' people here to discuss in an open manner anything that they disagree with.

You know, I love statements like these because they're so easily proven wrong by the fact that they are made. I cannot speak for everyone here, but I can speak for the "senior" folks because that would include myself as owner and staff. I can only speak for this forum, but I can't seem to recall censoring much (if anything at all) for the three of you who posted in this thread. I cannot help that some folks are zealous in what they believe about Scripture, and perhaps you should have a little more patience for someone who does not see eye to eye. The ultimate purpose of this site is to teach and discuss truth, and I won't shy away from what whether it's popular or not. This site has done many things and touched some hearts out there, so how dare you condemn something that does the work for God?

But I'll leave that you and Him when the time comes.

Millions of others feel the same way. Yet the "experts" here state that it means nothing if it isn't an actual foreign language that can be translated by someone in church once it is spoken.
Disagree, fine. But then calling it detrimental or something negative, when the scripture finds no issue with it and it enhances your relationship Christ is not your place.
First plank, then splinter.

I can't say that I'm pleased to be called an expert by you because I know what it means, but let me just point out that designation is something you've conjured up here.

I still swing by once or twice a week, but find this a board barely carrying on. There is no way I would ever encourage a new Christian to come to this board.
The damage to their walk could be devastating.

If it's not worth anything than why are you here? Why do you tongue folks always show up with nothing better to do that badmouth those who don't agree with you? You speak like this yet wonder why you are not well received? If you want to run with those tongues then by all means do so, but do not come on this community pretending like you're being persecuted on a forum.

I try to create a place open to others, and it's amazing and a blessing to see the good folks who can get along in spite of disagreement, which is sometimes even bitter disagreement. However, I think it shows with posts like these who stands where, and I'll leave it at that.

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Well Rapture is not a biblical doctrines but mens religions
and sense no one can prove Rapture in scripture seems all you have is an opinion
No one has ever proved Rapture that why it called a theroy ....
If you were interested in Gods Word instead of mens words and religions you would check these things out for yourself
instead of supporting men over God Word.

Below (posted funny ha ha): here are a couple that lend to the thinking that we, which are alive and remain shall meet Christ in the air. Hence, the lending to the word RAPTURE. Just a common sense conclusion. One at the wheel grinding; one left and the other taken - that sort of thing. These things come from the Bible. Man did not think this up on his own. It is not an ordanance or a doctrinal issue or I may be wrong. But, simply the scripture says we'll be caught up in the air with Christ and now we speak English and use the word rapture to describe this event. Nothing complex. Either the Bible says or contains those words or it doesn't - but, it does.

1Th 4:15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are [url=""]alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

1Th 4:17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.lp:29621[/url]

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Samuel, if you want to be the one taken, have at it but that's not where I want to be. The fake comes first putting on quite the show.

Matthew 24:24-25
Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Tombstone: with extra cheese ;-D

You said:
And with speaking in tongues. I myself speak in tongues. It comes out when I and deep in prayer and it strengthens my bond with God. It mainly comes when I am searching God's will, asking Him what He would like to discuss or focus on or when I can't find the right words to praise Him as I know he deserves.

My comment: you probably know I'm Baptist by now. The Bible speaking and teaching on tongues. 2 Cor and none are without significance. I think the Bible is plain spoken on the issue and does label them as known languages. But, if you don't know the language then it's unknown to you and therefore a private with you in your prayers. We know in the midst of people it would be kind of silly speaking in an unknown language to make you look like a self-professed pumped-up idiot ---- so, the Bible says don't do it under those circumstances. Kind of makes common sense doesn't it. I had three years of French in school and have lived in the middle-east and speak even some Scotish.

Sorry, off topic - or, is it? I'm [email protected]

Samuel, if you want to be the one taken, have at it but that's not where I want to be. The fake comes first putting on quite the show.

Yes; I would love for Christ to come today and take me with Him. I do not find that appauling or distastful but quite the contary. When He comes for His bride I would not want to be left.

But; if I should have to die.........

Jehovah Tsidkenu – The name of Christ our Lord

"The Lord Our Righteousness"

I once was a stranger to grace and to God,
I knew not my danger, and felt not my load;
Though friends spoke in rapture of Christ on the tree,
Jehovah Tsidkenu was nothing to me.

I oft read with pleasure, to soothe or engage,
Isaiah's wild measure and John's simple page;
But e'en when they pictured the blood-sprinkled tree
Jehovah Tsidkenu seemed nothing to me.

Like tears from the daughters of Zion that roll,
I wept when the waters went over His soul;
Yet thought not that my sins had nailed to the tree
Jehovah Tsidkenu- 'twas nothing to me.

When free grace awoke me, by light from on high,
Then legal fears shook me, I trembled to die;
No refuge, no safety in self could I see-
Jehovah Tsidkenu my Savior must be.

My terrors all vanished before the sweet name;
My guilty fears banished, with boldness I came
To drink at the fountain, life-giving and free-
Jehovah Tsidkenu is all things to me.

Jehovah Tsidkenu! my treasure and boast,"
Jehovah Tsidkenu! I ne'er can be lost;
In thee I shall conquer by flood and by field-
My cable, my anchor, my breastplate and shield!

Even treading the valley, the shadow of death,
This "watchword" shall rally my faltering breath;
For while from life's journey my God sets me free,
Jehovah Tsidkenu my death-song shall be.

Tombstone: with extra cheese ;-D

You said:

My comment: you probably know I'm Baptist by now. The Bible speaking and teaching on tongues. 2 Cor and none are without significance. I think the Bible is plain spoken on the issue and does label them as known languages. But, if you don't know the language then it's unknown to you and therefore a private with you in your prayers. We know in the midst of people it would be kind of silly speaking in an unknown language to make you look like a self-professed pumped-up idiot ---- so, the Bible says don't do it under those circumstances. Kind of makes common sense doesn't it. I had three years of French in school and have lived in the middle-east and speak even some Scotish.

Sorry, off topic - or, is it? I'm [email protected]

Yes; I would love for Christ to come today and take me with Him. I do not find that appauling or distastful but quite the contary. When He comes for His bride I would not want to be left.

Tombstone

Aug 18, 2009
Samuel Pickens, I see your point very well.
However, my point was to those senior here who criticized people like me for having a prayer language that I use personally in my quiet time with God, stating that is not what it is for at all. They called it everything from meaningless mumbling onward.

Funny you should mention languages. I was a Russian Interpreter in the military, learned German in my four years in Germany (with a Berliner accent), and from my seven months in Saudi Arabia I learned just enough Arabic to create an international incident.

As far as people being "pumped up idiots" I know people who sing and praise outloud in the spirit. I do not, but know just enough not to question what is in their hearts when they do it. My plank it too big for me to know if they even have a splinter to remove. Could they be wrong? I am afraid I am not qualified enough to say.
I can only speak for me. I do see the point you are making, though.

I know that when many do that, it is sometimes accompanied by dance, as well. Again, I have never done that in church. But if David did it, who am I to criticize?

I am writing down your email address and when I get near my own PC in a day or so, I will send you an article I found about the leaders of a Baptist Seminary voting something like 32-1 to not sanction the speaking of tongues at their school. Nothing controversial, just interesting.

I appreciate your feedback. You will recognize my email because it will end with "@gomoorhead.com."

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
someone is going to be eating alot of leaves thats what i see here. :blink: :unsure:

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Cya

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Scores and scores of people believe in Easter or should we instead say Ishtar, it had to do with Pagan orgy rituals and such. It was placed in the bible in place of Pasha or Passover.........but hey, if scores of scholars believe it, it must be true.....who are we to believe in scripture.

And as far as rapture goes, seems all the good people are going to be taken out before this terrible tribulation, you know leave the women and children behind and get out of dodge. Seems to me the two witnesses are here to the end, and the assemblies also.........I don't know where everybody is going, Satan is coming and so is Christ..........Remember "Thy Kingdom Come". I'll stay put and take a stand.

Irish

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Vain philosophies and false text and trying to discredit the Word of God through vain intellect.

The place is full of people trying to decieve and confuse. Many of Satan's children trying to pervert and destroy and make it all appear as some fable.

This puts salvation in your own hands to interupt and find what is right according to one's own thinking. The Bible is true and all must be in accordance to scripture; else, you're the same as a theif and robber trying to climb into Heaven by some other means.

Cya2

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy howdy do I see this sort of thing all over the internet on different Christian web sites.
(I surf a lot when off of work)

There is nothing more common in the world than to have a person stand there with their bible in their hand telling everyone that they alone have a lock on Jesus and scripture and tell everyone else that if they want to find Jesus they have to follow them to get there.

BUT

That was precisely the same thing that Jesus hollered at the Pharisees for. The Pharisees didn't get their jobs solely because the wanted to be one....they got there by everyone thinking that they were the "good guys" and lived perfect lifestyles...(of course there was a good bit of self=promotion in there as well)

OK...so maybe I have gone off the deep end a bit with some of my studies. I kinda know some stuff that your average pew warmer doesn't know. But them years of hard core study to get all the right answers didn't make me a better Christian...if anything it made me a worse one. Because my knowledge became a source of pride.

so...actually I have found out that being a Christian is more about having a real, personal, and intimate relationship with a really good God than it is about anything else. And where all that knowledge today does serve me well...my relationship with Jesus is more important and more gooder than all the trivia I have in my head.

So what if someone has a different take than I do...or gets it exactly backwards. It isn't my concern untill they specifically ask me to help.

And besides...relationships are individual things. My relationship with Jesus is of course going to be different than anyone else's. I am different than any one else.

All I can do is tell the stories that I know about my Jesus...and tell some of the stories about the Heroes of the Faith as I know them...if you like my Jesus it is a good thing...if you don't...well..OK...But I have given all I am and all I am ever going to be to my Jesus. I am a real nobody...not even a Sunday School teacher at my church. And I kinda like it that way. The only one I am a "somebody to is Jesus...and that one counts more than anything else.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell 'em. I got all worked up reading that, John.

:) Miss Hepburn
............................................................................................................................................................................................

I don't like people leaving with a rude statement - therefore-cya -UnworthyServant...that was uncalled for.
Please take your picture with you -as in come back and delete it from your profile for us.

Now come on, everyone thought the same thing after saying what he did.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Scores and scores of people believe in Easter or should we instead say Ishtar, it had to do with Pagan orgy rituals and such. It was placed in the bible in place of Pasha or Passover.........but hey, if scores of scholars believe it, it must be true.....who are we to believe in scripture.

And as far as rapture goes, seems all the good people are going to be taken out before this terrible tribulation, you know leave the women and children behind and get out of dodge. Seems to me the two witnesses are here to the end, and the assemblies also.........I don't know where everybody is going, Satan is coming and so is Christ..........Remember "Thy Kingdom Come". I'll stay put and take a stand.

Irish

Good post irish either easter nor rapture are mentioned in gods word. Ezekiel 8:15, Ezekiel 8:16, Ezekiel 8:17, Ezekiel 8:18, Jeremiah 7:17, Jeremiah 7:18, Jeremiah 7:19, Jeremiah 7:20 and Jeremiah 7:21.

Im glad you know the truth :)

forgivenWretch

Feb 10, 2008
Tennessee
Good post irish either easter nor rapture are mentioned in gods word. Ezekiel 8:15, Ezekiel 8:16, Ezekiel 8:17, Ezekiel 8:18, Jeremiah 7:17, Jeremiah 7:18, Jeremiah 7:19, Jeremiah 7:20 and Jeremiah 7:21.

Im glad you know the truth :)
Neither is the Trinity, but most us us believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.