: D Is Marijuana a Christian Drug?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Well, I feel this is an important subject.
With Legalization of marijuana at hand, I don't know how to feel about it, I almost feel uncomfortable posting this here.
Does the Bible say not to use it, or does it specifically condone it?
What is your take on the subject?

Genesis 1:29

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you.

I personally have used but i never inhaled.
- President Clinton

Not saying he was a good man.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Monk
Cyanide is naturally occuring in nature,as well as poison ivy. Common sense plays a role with all of us.

Very true, However we do apply cyanide in many ways today. There may be some restrictions on it, but that is because it kills you. We do use it do we not?

plus there Are not a bunch of people serving time for cyanide, or at least not as many that are serving time as for marijuana.

Marijuana Is proven only to hurt your body permanently if you smoke it. It can also be eaten to gain a "Euphoric high".

Therefore it does not destroy the temple of God. The Christians body.
So why is it restricted?

I Personally feel that it is not Christ like to smoke weed, because Jesus didn't teach to do it.
However, I feel that the Bible does condone it.

Also, there is this church in California who say that the TREE OF LIFE is weed... No i don't think so.
If everyone that uses weed lived for forever I'm sure we would know about this situation.

The Fruit of the Tree of Life is what give us peace in Rev. we don't receive this gift till we get to heaven. The Bible says its a Fruit of a Tree called the Tree of Life, not an herb that grows little hairy nugget buds...
The Tree of Life is not marijuana, But marijuana was given to us by God. Everything Has a Purpose, I'm sure God's only purpose for Marijuana isn't to keep people in Jail. Christians for that matter. Cause I guess there are a few Christians out there who smoke pot.

so this tree of life = Marijuana is obviously a false teaching

The church of pot in Cali should be dismantled by their pastor because he is a false teacher and is teaching a false doctrine.

Pot however I feel should be legalized simply on the fact that so many people have been put in prison, for a crime that didn't harm anybody, and it is Christian to protect the weak.

If your caught with a bunch of guns like your a terrorist group and you have pot.... you should still go to jail.

But if you just have pot, or are growing it, you are doing what God the father said for you to do. Not saying that he told us all to grow weed, but he did say for us to grow plants, and all the herbs are our right. as well as fruit of the trees.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Simple answer:

1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

The moment you become addicted to something other than Christ, it's a sin.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Markseasigh said:
With Legalization of marijuana at hand, I don't know how to feel about it, I almost feel uncomfortable posting this here.

Genesis 1:29

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you.

I personally have used but i never inhaled.
- President Clinton

Not saying he was a good man.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Monk
Cyanide is naturally occuring in nature,as well as poison ivy. Common sense plays a role with all of us.

Very true, However we do apply cyanide in many ways today. There may be some restrictions on it, but that is because it kills you. We do use it do we not?

plus there Are not a bunch of people serving time for cyanide, or at least not as many that are serving time as for marijuana.

Marijuana Is proven only to hurt your body permanently if you smoke it. It can also be eaten to gain a "Euphoric high".

Therefore it does not destroy the temple of God. The Christians body.
So why is it restricted?

I Personally feel that it is not Christ like to smoke weed, because Jesus didn't teach to do it.

Also, there is this church in California who say that the TREE OF LIFE is weed... No i don't think so.
If everyone that uses weed lived for forever I'm sure we would know about this situation.

The Fruit of the Tree of Life is what give us peace in Rev. we don't receive this gift till we get to heaven. The Bible says its a Fruit of a Tree called the Tree of Life, not an herb that grows little hairy nugget buds...
The Tree of Life is not marijuana, But marijuana was given to us by God. Everything Has a Purpose, I'm sure God's only purpose for Marijuana isn't to keep people in Jail. Christians for that matter. Cause I guess there are a few Christians out there who smoke pot.

so this tree of life = Marijuana is obviously a false teaching

The church of pot in Cali should be dismantled by their pastor because he is a false teacher and is teaching a false doctrine.

Pot however I feel should be legalized simply on the fact that so many people have been put in prison, for a crime that didn't harm anybody, and it is Christian to protect the weak.

If your caught with a bunch of guns like your a terrorist group and you have pot.... you should still go to jail.

But if you just have pot, or are growing it, you are doing what God the father said for you to do. Not saying that he told us all to grow weed, but he did say for us to grow plants, and all the herbs are our right. as well as fruit of the trees.
Since it is the Spirit that gives the letter, LIFE, what is the Spirit of God telling you? Can you hear the Spirit of God?

You won't see anything in the Bible such as "Do not roll doobies and smoke them", or "Hooch is good for you", or "toking gives you peace".

But you can believe that the Spirit of God has an opinion on it. It doesn't matter what man says, what is HE telling YOU?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I cringe every time I read words or questions similar to this
It's the great legalism loop hole, the bible doesn't explicitly say _______ fill in the blank.
You would have to own SPBN rail system to carry your bible If it contained every instance of questions men come up with.
The laws governing the people of Israel is a fine example. There is no end to it.

Thank God for the Spirit.

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Rex said:
I cringe every time I read words or questions similar to this

It's the great legalism loop hole, the bible doesn't explicitly say _______ fill in the blank.
You would have to own SPBN rail system to carry your bible If it contained every instance of questions men come up with.
The laws governing the people of Israel is a fine example. There is no end to it.

Thank God for the Spirit.
Actually, the bible specifically condones the use

Psalm 104:14:He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Genesis 1:29:And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3: Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green plant have I given you all things.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Markseasigh said:
There you go then bog away.
Now that its not illegal, against the law of the land I'm sure many pew sitters will be rolling a few and praising God.
How about them Cowboys.
You have the liberty to do as you wish, whether you be in Christ or not.

Markseasigh said:

Psalm 104:14:He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;

Genesis 1:29:And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:3: Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green plant have I given you all things.
So tell me why did you feel compelled to start this thread?

support for your choice?
spiritual biblical enlightenment?
the benefits of pharmacia "spiritual enhancements"?
to convince others that pot is a biblical supported choice?

I'm interested in knowing.

Whats your motivation?

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Rex said:
There you go then bog away.
Now that its not illegal, against the law of the land I'm sure many pew sitters will be rolling a few and praising God.
How about them Cowboys.
You have the liberty to do as you wish, whether you be in Christ or not.

So tell me why did you feel compelled to start this thread?

support for your choice?
spiritual biblical enlightenment?
the benefits of pharmacia "spiritual enhancements"?
to convince others that pot is a biblical supported choice?

I'm interested in knowing.

Whats your motivation?
To better educate the masses, on a subject which is uncomfortable being discussed in many christian house holds. To get them ready for vote for full legalization. So that the bills are fought less by the people of the church. SO people in the church can gain a better understanding of God's view. So that they don't try to push away pot smokers from God, because pot smokers are just like everybody else, some of them have a better relationship with God than Christians who don't partake. So that they can explain to their children in a resonably responsible matter when the subject comes up in the christian house hold.

To bring truth where there have been lies.

To speak out against the "the church of pot" in california who believe it is the tree of life. It is not a tree, it is an herb bearing seed.

This false doctrine must be cast asside, I feel I have been chosen by God to Speak out agianst this church its pastor and its false doctrine. So that true doctrine can shine through. The truth is, according to the Bible, its ok to use pot.

Pot does not need to be processed such as alcohol. Which makes pot a direct Gift from God like apples and pears and vegies and barley and wheat and all thats green that grows under the sun.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Markseasigh said:
To better educate the masses, on a subject which is uncomfortable being discussed in many christian house holds. To get them ready for vote for full legalization. So that the bills are fought less by the people of the church. SO people in the church can gain a better understanding of God's view. So that they don't try to push away pot smokers from God, because pot smokers are just like everybody else, some of them have a better relationship with God than Christians who don't partake. So that they can explain to their children in a resonably responsible matter when the subject comes up in the christian house hold.

To bring truth where there have been lies.

To speak out against the "the church of pot" in california who believe it is the tree of life. It is not a tree, it is an herb bearing seed.

This false doctrine must be cast asside, I feel I have been chosen by God to Speak out agianst this church its pastor and its false doctrine. So that true doctrine can shine through. The truth is, according to the Bible, its ok to use pot.

Pot does not need to be processed such as alcohol. Which makes pot a direct Gift from God like apples and pears and vegies and barley and wheat and all thats green that grows under the sun.
A mission from God to educate Christians about legalizing pot OK

I think you had better reword this phrase, Jesus did turn water to wine, as a gift, so its not going yield a very good crop.

Pot does not need to be processed such as alcohol. Which makes pot a direct Gift from God
Now If Jesus was passing the bog at the wedding your legislation wouldn't be necessary. I do believe drunkenness is not a wise biblical choice ether, even though Jesus brewed a little wine and confirmed a covenant with it as well. Gabriel told Zacharias "John the baptist father" before he was born that he wasn't to partake of wine or strong drink Luke 1:15 so you see even wine isn't for everyone even though the Lords first miracle was making wine.

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Rex said:
A mission from God to educate Christians about legalizing pot OK

I think you had better reword this phrase, Jesus did turn water to wine, as a gift, so its not going yield a very good crop.

Now If Jesus was passing the bog at the wedding your legislation wouldn't be necessary. I do believe drunkenness is not a wise biblical choice ether, even though Jesus brewed a little wine and confirmed a covenant with it as well. Gabriel told Zacharias "John the baptist father" before he was born that he wasn't to partake of wine or strong drink Luke 1:15 so you see even wine isn't for everyone even though the Lords first miracle was making wine.
Sir my point is to say that most christians would speak agianst the use of this plant.

When instead the truth is, is that the Bible says its ok.

People should stop putting other people in Jail for smoking it, or growing it.

There is a time for everything and you should use moderation.

Don't abuse it like some of us abuse double quater pounders, instead use it for what it was obviously intended for.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Markseasigh said:
Sir my point is to say that most christians would speak agianst the use of this plant.

When instead the truth is, is that the Bible says its ok.

People should stop putting other people in Jail for smoking it.

There is a time for everything and you should use moderation.

Don't abuse it like some of us abuse double quater pounders, instead use it for what it was obviously intended for.
Mark do you understand that God wants us to be in control of our wills? Do you understand that a passive will and mind is the Devil's playground? Do you understand how cannabis affects the regions of the brain? Do you understand the link between pot and schizophrenia? Schizophrenia is just the medical society's way of explaining the symptom of a root it knows nothing about. Multiple personalities is often demon possession. There are plants that can kill you instantly: are they good for you?

There are plants that will render you extremely passive over time: is that good for you? Why is passivity bad for anyone, not just a Christian? Do you know why passivity of one's will and mind is a dangerous thing?

According to your interpretation of the Bible, it's ok to use pot. Again, I ask you, what is the Spirit of God saying to you? Do you have the Spirit of God? Christianity is not a book religion.

The food you mentioned (apples, wheat, barley) etc, does not alter the regions of your brain or bring passivity to your mind and spirit or open you up to the powers of darkness and I am not talking theory here, Mark. Don't be naive. You are may be representing a god but He is not God Almighty. I will never agree with you on this because I know personally what it does to men and women. Toke all you want, I'm not going to stop you. Just warning you...

Axehead

Rex said:
And what would that be?

I used to wonder why they call liquor----> spirits

Liquor and spirits have a lot in common.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Now I'm a firm believer that drugs legal or other wise is a spiritual enhancer.
Anything that gets you high or a buzz what ever you want to call it.

Now taking them for health reasons is one thing, to take them simply to enhance spirituality is another

word study pharmacia and it biblical implication ------>>> sorcery

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Markseasigh said:

That's a twisted view.

The herb bearing seed, etc., is "for meat". That means EATING FRUITS, GRAINS, VEGETABLES FOR THE BODY'S NOURISHMENT! It ain't about smoking dope.

Rex's point is very correct Biblically, for the idea of SORCERY is connected with the Greek word for pharmaceutical (drugs) in the New Testament. Mary Jane is used to "get high", to cause an altered state of the mind. And that is what makes it a specific drug in the practice of 'sorcery'.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Markseasigh said:

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Well, let me answer this way. Marijuana's far better, since it's natural, than man-made pharmaceuticals that Christians seem to think they should be taking, but in effect do nothing healthful or life-extending such as cholesterol pills, BP meds, diabetes pills, depression pills and so forth. Yet nobody seems to blink an eye that they are duped into taking them while someone else gets rich off their money.

But on the other hand, probably something far better than marijuana are supplements extracted from foods. With most nourishment (physically speaking) one has to put good God-given nutrition into their body then they would not be sick nearly as often.

Reactions: THE Gypsy

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
tim_from_pa said:
Well, let me answer this way. Marijuana's far better, since it's natural, than man-made pharmaceuticals that Christians seem to think they should be taking, but in effect do nothing healthful or life-extending such as cholesterol pills, BP meds, diabetes pills, depression pills and so forth. Yet nobody seems to blink an eye that they are duped into taking them while someone else gets rich off their money.

But on the other hand, probably something far better than marijuana are supplements extracted from foods. With most nourishment (physically speaking) one has to put good God-given nutrition into their body then they would not be sick nearly as often.
As far as that goes raw tar heroin is less detrimental to the brains ability to recover as opposed to the effects of oxycodone with its man made synthetic compounds. I read some research within the last year that states, addiction from pharmaceuticals "legal addicts" has surpassed addicts that use underground drugs.
So yes the pharmaceutical industry is cornering the addict market "legally" and making a fine profit as well. The state of Florida basically has an open market place that effects states all over the east, by making oxycodone "hillbilly heroin" widely available threw legal pain clinics. every month. Providing you have the money a person can visit as many "pain clinics" as they like, refilling their prescription "cash only no checks or med insurance accepted" Then drive back to Michigan with thousands of pills to be resold, repeating the process the next month.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Rex said:
As far as that goes raw tar heroin is less detrimental to the brains ability to recover as opposed to the effects of oxycodone with its man made synthetic compounds. I read some research within the last year that states, addiction from pharmaceuticals "legal addicts" has surpassed addicts that use underground drugs.
So yes the pharmaceutical industry is cornering the addict market "legally" and making a fine profit as well. The state of Florida basically has an open market place that effects states all over the east, by making oxycodone "hillbilly heroin" widely available threw legal pain clinics. every month. Providing you have the money a person can visit as many "pain clinics" as they like, refilling their prescription "cash only no checks or med insurance accepted" Then drive back to Michigan with thousands of pills to be resold, repeating the process the next month.
Yeah, I know, and it's really sad. My oldest son has two herniated disks. Before he lost weight and ate better, he was on some of that stuff for pain and I did not like it at all (one time he woke up and said there were soccer players in his bedroom so I told him to go back to bed and watch the game. :lol: ). Really messes up the mind. Later on when he moved to his apartment, he suspected a "maintenance" man working in the apartment while he was at work stole all his pain meds. I'm thankful he's off them now.

My wife works in medical billing and told me all kinds of stories how people are addicted to them. One guy was so crazy as to say he "lost" all his pain meds somehow in the snow blower! :rolleyes: He needed another prescription (what he was doing with his pills outside like that I can't tell). Then I go on other Christian forums and get admonished that we "sometimes need them" and that I'm no doctor, but they disgrace Christ by running to the doctors all the time, and I never do. But then I asked if they tried such and such first? The answer is no, they did not know that. It's about as nonsensical as tearing apart the car's engine to see why it won't work and trying replacement parts and then all it needs is gas (nutrition).

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
veteran said:
That's a twisted view.

The herb bearing seed, etc., is "for meat". That means EATING FRUITS, GRAINS, VEGETABLES FOR THE BODY'S NOURISHMENT! It ain't about smoking dope.

Rex's point is very correct Biblically, for the idea of SORCERY is connected with the Greek word for pharmaceutical (drugs) in the New Testament. Mary Jane is used to "get high", to cause an altered state of the mind. And that is what makes it a specific drug in the practice of 'sorcery'.
LOL

So you believe that people should be incarcerated for Marijuana use/ growing?
By the way you can eat pot for meat. Its pretty tasty too. as a seasoning.
It just has extra vitamins in it than Vitamin C

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
Markseasigh said:
LOL

So you believe that people should be incarcerated for Marijuana use/ growing?
By the way you can eat pot for meat.
It just has extra vitamins in it than Vitamin C
I don't believe he was saying incarcerate someone using Marijuana. I think the point made was, Christians should not be using such a thing for an altered state of mind. And everyone can stop with that medicinal stuff. Does someone use it for pain relief? They can take white willow bark. Something completely natural to take care of aches and pains.

Growing Pot is something illegal, but that's only cause they don't want the world to know that you can use Marijuana to fuel your cars. Whoops.

Markseasigh

Dec 4, 2012
Axehead said:
Mark do you understand that God wants us to be in control of our wills? Do you understand that a passive will and mind is the Devil's playground? Do you understand how cannabis affects the regions of the brain? Do you understand the link between pot and schizophrenia? Schizophrenia is just the medical society's way of explaining the symptom of a root it knows nothing about. Multiple personalities is often demon possession. There are plants that can kill you instantly: are they good for you?

There are plants that will render you extremely passive over time: is that good for you? Why is passivity bad for anyone, not just a Christian? Do you know why passivity of one's will and mind is a dangerous thing?

According to your interpretation of the Bible, it's ok to use pot. Again, I ask you, what is the Spirit of God saying to you? Do you have the Spirit of God? Christianity is not a book religion.

The food you mentioned (apples, wheat, barley) etc, does not alter the regions of your brain or bring passivity to your mind and spirit or open you up to the powers of darkness and I am not talking theory here, Mark. Don't be naive. You are may be representing a god but He is not God Almighty. I will never agree with you on this because I know personally what it does to men and women. Toke all you want, I'm not going to stop you. Just warning you...

Axehead

Liquor and spirits have a lot in common.
So you think that smoking pot brings you in contact with OTHER GODS.
There is no other God than Elohim.
When I speak to God I call God By name.
There is no way I could ever converse with EVIL GODS, just because I'm on POT.
That is rediculace. If anything it helps with avoiding evil thoughts about your neighbor. Like hey I don't care that Jim owes me two hundred bucks, cause I have all this weed to smoke lol
NO, for all seriousness.
Weed led me to God, because it helped me realize that there was a spiritual world. That there is only one God, Gods the only one listening so if you Pray to God through Jesus, God's gonna hear you. lol
If you pray to God, Gods gonna hear you.
If you pray to God, with his name Elohim. God is gonna hear you, cause he's the only one listening.
Unless someone else is in the room listening to you.
There is no way that Marijuana is BAD other than its against the Law.
People don't need to go to Jail for using POT anymore.
I personally have served over a year in prison for my personal use.
I was caught in West Virginia. Cause I smoked with the wrong kid that I thought was my friend. Turned out he was an undercover.
I am a Christian, and I smoke weed.