Daddy, Will You Be There For Me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My father left when I was 2.

I left my son when he was 2.

My son left his daughter before she was 2.

This is a beautiful and deeply meaningful song to me, that fills me with such an inconsolable sadness over the deeply spiritual losses suffered in so many lives, including by mine own hand.

I had a child, a son, and I lost my opportunity to raise him in the Lord.

It's hard for me to listen to, but so important, and I hope I can overcome some of these losses, that my son, and his daughter, will come at last to know Christ.

~

@Wynona , I think of you and dear Naomi, at the beginning of her journey, I rejoice for your sweet spirit and your devotion to our Lord, and I pray the Lord bless Naomi, and you, and your husband/her father, with every spiritual blessing, with the power of God to raise her to walk in the Spirit of Christ.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This saddens my heart.
Oh the mistakes we make when we are young or even deeply in sin.
Some we can rectify, others not so much.
God is always faithful to be ever present when we call out to him.
Praying he spreads his forgiveness and healings to those we sometimes hurt.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is hard to face up to the moments our failures hurt the ones we love. We may grow through learning from mistakes, but that mistake can leave scars.

I too have made that kind of mistake. Only God is so good, what the enemy meant to destroy me became the catalyst for my happiness in life.

@marks May the Lord's goodness overshadow our mistakes and take even the evil we've done and restore the brokenness.

Let son and grandaughter come to know the goodness of the Lord and His salvation in Jesus' name. I believe Lord, that you can do this and that every cycle of loss can be undone in your name.

Amen.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@marks ....I have two older sons....whom I have been estranged from for many, many years...they were always in my heart...I gave birth to them.

Some months back, my eldest son contacted me through FB messenger....one week past, today...I was reunited with my son, I got to meet him, his new partner and my two beautiful grandchildren, whom I’d never met....the few hours we all spent together was perfect...God made it happen..I just know in my spirit he did.

Not making this about me Brother...I just want you to be “ ENCOURAGED “....never give up hope.....you too maybe reunited with that Son of yours.....Praying for you.....God can do anything Brother.....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lost my children as well. But that often happens to schizophrenics. I raised them till they were 2-1/2 years old. The most painful experience emotionally that I ever went thru was having my wife reject me because I became too disabled to work, and her taking my children from me, and the courts supporting her in that. I now hate that particular court. Can't seem to let go of the hate for them.

She took them out of state and moved a few states away. My illnesses made it impossible for me to travel now. So I was stuck never seeing them again.

I hope that one day, if I go with the Lord, perhaps I can see them again.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I lost my children as well. But that often happens to schizophrenics. I raised them till they were 2-1/2 years old. The most painful experience emotionally that I ever went thru was having my wife reject me because I became too disabled to work, and her taking my children from me, and the courts supporting her in that. I now hate that particular court. Can't seem to let go of the hate for them.

She took them out of state and moved a few states away. My illnesses made it impossible for me to travel now. So I was stuck never seeing them again.

I also had mental health problems, bringing up my two eldest boys.....hold on to that hope....because I KNOW for a fact, that God knows that situation we were in....HE will and HE DOES.....give us so much back, remember, it was the “ENEMY” imo/ belief robbed us of our loved ones.

Well....we’re Children of God now and he wants the best for us and he will give it to us......I waited over 20 yrs to be reunited with one of my sons....I believe God will reunite me with the other one also.....it’s all in God’s timing.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also had mental health problems, bringing up my two eldest boys.....hold on to that hope....because I KNOW for a fact, that God knows that situation we were in....HE will and HE DOES.....give us so much back, remember, it was the “ENEMY” imo/ belief robbed us of our loved ones.

Well....we’re Children of God and he wants the best for us and he will give it to us......I waited over 20 yrs to be reunited with one of my sons....I believe God will reunite me with the other one also.....it’s all in God’s timing.
Thanks @Ritajanice. I'm glad you got to see your son. What a blessing. I know how much I love my children, and how painful it can be to forced into separation from them. Being re-united sounds wonderful. I think I hope for that in heaven now. Having God as my Father and being part of his family. He has great things in store for us.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Having God as my Father and being part of his family. He has great things in store for us
100% He has great things in store for you.

Remember that whispering in the ear though....when we have a strong relationship with our Father God...the enemy will whisper all sorts of things in ours.....Blessed are those who are in the Lord!!!....he hates it when we Praise God....Praying for you Brother.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not making this about me Brother...
It's not about me, I post because I know it's about all of us. So I share my sadness, and try to share my encouragements.

I'm so happy for your reunion!! What a blessing that he chose to reach out to you! Thankfully I can know my son and granddaughter at least some, they live in Idaho, me in California. I get to see them a few times a year, we talk now and again, but they have no thought towards God. "You know I'm not religious", he says.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What a heartbreaker! I pray you will indeed be able to know them one day!

Much love!

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe people with disabilities have special place in God's heart. Im not talking favoritism.
Jesus encountered people with disabilities.
Leviticus 19;14. . Are disabled people inferior to others? Disability is not karma or curse.
John 9:3 . Jesus healed man who was blind.
MEPHIBOSHETH, grandson of saul. 2 samuel chapter 9. He suffered injury from the knees.
Point. King David treated him as he treated a warrior. David let him eat at his table and gave him saul's land.
Gideon I believe had anxiety disorder. God used gideon against the Israel enemies.

Luke 10:21 little children, but childish, unskilled, and untaugtt. Those who have intellectual disabilities are frequently quicker to hear from God than rest of us. They are seen as foolish in the eyes of the world.

First Corinthians 1;26 . But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise , God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

Some of God's Elect have disability. They have holy spirit.
They lack intellectual gifts.
Ephesians chapter 3. God gives different gifts and abilities to people.

Now isn't it interesting. That some people stereotyped those who went to special education, as Retards.
They were seen as inferior. As social outcasts.
Philippians 2:4. To act in humility. Pride is the factor.
Amos 2:7 God takes unjust treatment of disadvantaged people very seriously.

I failed trade school back in 1900s. I have intellectual disability and hypoxic brain injury. These are children of darkness who abused me.
They see substance in those who have disabilities. Thier a empty shell. It's themselves they dont like.
Stay focused on Jesus and He will deliver you to the finish line.

Those following satan are going to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked.