Daily provision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ, presently, is undergoing lots of problems, even though their leadership act bewildered when they are approached by journalists who ask nondenoms and evangelicals alike about their wealth and lifestyles. The Southern Baptist Convention is now another group to have committed child sexual abuse. I never was an evangelical anyway, so that isn't a part of my heart being ripped from me. My best moments with a group, as I wrote earlier, was when I was being taught. Every place outside of that setting demands a lot of patience to remain. The Spirit filled community continues to promote ridiculously foolish behaviors in the guise of "being touched" by the anointing. It's all so detestable and void of a balanced presentation of the Word. No thank you. I'll stay home.
It seems that the more time passes, the more watered down the True Gospel becomes. I could never put every pastor, or teacher or particular Church's as being only "pew fillers" and "money makers" for them. But...I would have to agree that the large majority of them are not teaching correctly. I would rather fellowship and learn on here. I get tons of fellowship on this one little forum than any Church I have ever attended. And, pretty much all that is taught in at Church are things that is meant for those still on milk it seems. Doesn't anybody ever grow in their walk???! Sure wish I could find hungry Christians around here, of like mind. Sigh...one day ♥

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Several of the members of that Bible study group that I was once a part went into ministries, but most devolved over time to become seeker friendly. They might have started initially to be Spirit filled assemblies, but after the realization struck their consciences hard about the truth of most televangelists, that they are basically unbalanced extremists, lots of believers fled those pews to seeker friendly assemblies. They wanted to feel good again, and set out in search of doctrines that would give them that safe, social feeling, rather than the knowledge of having been fed well with balanced sound doctrine and the blessed movement of the gifts.

Many of the disillusioned skipped over to the likes of Joel Osteen, a man who purposely shies away from truth filled, challenging messages that still remain sound, but, in the wrong hands, had morphed into extremism. Any sound tenet or principle, though at its roots it is solid, bad preachers have a kind of gift at turning them toxic; so, those truths were set aside, even the most important of them, such as the baptism of the Holy Ghost and the gifts.

Because numerous idiots in the bunch of misfit televangelists insisted on acting like lunatics who twisted Scriptures to suit their wealth building, any mention of the misinterpreted texts became quietly forbidden, even though they still held a whole lot of truth. In short time, the church transformed itself into social gatherings, divided into small groups for seniors, children, the married, and those seeking spouses, which changed the emphasis. It was no longer about growing up into Him in all things to eventually fill ministerial offices of their own, but to remain in their little cities where they paid regular tithes to their admired leader, which made him wealthy, and to listen to socially acceptable positive thinking.

" seeker friendly" Those looking to have their ears tickled, I presume?

"In short time, the church transformed itself into social gatherings, divided into small groups for seniors, children, the married, and those seeking spouses, which changed the emphasis. "

For sure!! The emphasis is on the "Christians" themselves rather than the other way around. The "country club" atmosphere. And the (many times) "fake" plastic smiles. I can tell if that smile reaches their eyes. Even some of our own bros and sis's are still lost in many ways. The focus has been taken off of The Truth...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that the more time passes, the more watered down the True Gospel becomes. I could never put every pastor, or teacher or particular Church's as being only "pew fillers" and "money makers" for them. But...I would have to agree that the large majority of them are not teaching correctly. I would rather fellowship and learn on here. I get tons of fellowship on this one little forum than any Church I have ever attended. And, pretty much all that is taught in at Church are things that is meant for those still on milk it seems. Doesn't anybody ever grow in their walk???! Sure wish I could find hungry Christians around here, of like mind. Sigh...one day ♥
I hear you Nancy and understand. I search and have searched in my local area without success for a place where people like those you seek may be found. Remember that of the 600,000 adults excluding women and children led by Moses out of Egypt only two were not to die in the wilderness. Only two:

"For the LORD had said of them, They shall surely die in the wilderness. And there was not left a man of them, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun." Num 26::65

Then again we recall Elijah complaining that he was all alone and God effectively rebuked him saying:

"Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." I Kings 19:18

Still at times it seems we are all alone among the people. Now and again God will bring someone to converse with me outside this forum, but sometimes the occasions are far and few between. One man that does come around to visit with me every few months, has often expressed what you have expressed, wondering why there is no place where people really gather in His name and as you put it "grow in their walk"?

Give God the glory!

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28