DAMMED UP

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
“Flow, river, flow, flood the nations with grace and mercy”

“ Where streams of living water flow”

John 4:10
Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

John 4:11
“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?

John 7:38
Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

As I was reading these passages this morning I recalled a song – ‘Shine, Jesus, shine” – with the line, ‘Flow river flow’. And I thought of a dammed up river that had ceased to flow freely because of all the debris that had fallen into it and formed a barrier to the free flowing of the waters.

It is my belief that it is a message, both to the Church and individual Christians, to get rid of the 'debris' so that once again the living water can flow freely out into the world.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shine, Jesus, Shine
Shine, Jesus, Shine
Fill this land with the Father's glory
Blaze, Spirit, blaze
Set our hearts on fire
Flow, river, flow
Flood the nations with grace and mercy..
--
I remember..singing the song..
- during 'the move of God/spiritual renewal'..
- in North America..years ago.

Reactions: Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I use to love this song …good word Pearl.
Years ago when I was going through a phase of inner healing the Holy Spirit gave me a picture of a river that had loads of stones in it, and they were getting in the way - your post just reminded me of that vision. ………

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?

Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

As I was reading these passages this morning I recalled a song – ‘Shine, Jesus, shine” – with the line, ‘Flow river flow’. And I thought of a dammed up river that had ceased to flow freely because of all the debris that had fallen into it and formed a barrier to the free flowing of the waters.

It is my belief that it is a message, both to the Church and individual Christians, to get rid of the 'debris' so that once again the living water can flow freely out into the world.
Then Isaac dug again the wells of water which had been dug in the days of his father Abraham, for the Philistines had stopped them up

Reactions: Nancy and Angelina

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Just yesterday while I was sorting my desk I came upon a prophecy I forgotten about. It was by one of our church members from a good few years ago. It said the river couldn't flow because it was dammed up, not like a concrete dam but with debris which had built up over the years.

Sadly I can't find it now as I must have tidied it away.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just yesterday while I was sorting my desk I came upon a prophecy I forgotten about. It was by one of our church members from a good few years ago. It said the river couldn't flow because it was dammed up, not like a concrete dam but with debris which had built up over the years.

Sadly I can't find it now as I must have tidied it away.
See?? That’s why I refuse to be tidy. :p

There are doctrines of men that are taught as doctrines of God. They are the debris. But as you know, most people have a problem throwing away things. Entire shows have been made about it.

Reactions: Pearl