Dan 2,7 & Rev 12,13,17 Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
* Dan 7 - ten horns/ten kings
* Rev 12 - seven heads/ten horns/seven crowns
* Rev 13 - seven heads/ten horns
* Rev 17 - seven heads/ten horns/ten kings/seven kings

* Dan 2, Dan 7 - fourth kingdom
* Dan 7 - fourth beast
* Dan 7, Rev 13, Rev 17 - beast

* Dan 2 - toes
* Rev 12, Rev 13 - dragon

1. ten horns
2. ten kings
3. seven heads
4. seven crowns
5. seven kings

1. Why aren't the ten kings in Rev 12 and Rev 13.
2. Why aren't the seven heads in Dan 7.
3. Why aren't the seven crowns in Dan 7, Rev 13 and Rev 17.
4. Why are the ten horns in all of the above.
5. Why aren't the seven kings in Dan 7, Rev 12 and Rev 13.
6. Why are toes only mentioned in Dan 2 and a dragon only mentioned in Rev 12 and Rev 13.
7. Is Dan chapter 2 (fourth kingdom) past or future.
8. Do all of the above represent the future antichrist kingdom in the 70th week.

- ATP

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
1. It looks like the ten horns are the ten kings Dan 7:24 NIV.
2. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings Rev 17:9-10 NIV.
3. What do the seven heads and ten kings on this dragon represent Rev 12:3 NIV.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ATP said:
1. It looks like the ten horns are the ten kings Dan 7:24 NIV.
2. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings Rev 17:9-10 NIV.
Hi ATP,

I would like to discuss with you concerning the dragon & beast. (Rev. 12 & 13) You have done an interesting summary & will take a bit to work through. I`ll start with your third question -

`And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads & ten horns, & seven diadems, on his heads. His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven & threw them to the earth.` (Rev. 12: 3 & 4)

This description is of Satan & reveals him as one who masquerades as an angel of light. It then shows his authority over the kingdoms of this world. Note the word `seven,` in Hebrew means to be complete. Satan has complete control over the kingdoms of the world.

Red – fire like – flame coloured, fig. lightning. (2 Cor. 11: 14, Luke 10: 18)
Dragon – a fabulous kind of serpent, to fascinate. (2 Thess. 2: 9)
7 heads – complete authority. (1 John 5: 19)
7 diadems – complete rulership. (Matt. 4: 8 & 9)
10 horns – lawlessness, power. (Eph. 2: 2, 2 Thess. 2: 8 & 9)

Marilyn.

B

brakelite

Hi ATP, here is a section of a much longer article I wrote on Daniel...this section deals more exclusively with the ten horns, but fcuses on the 'little horn' which the prophecy sees as being far more noteworthy than the other ten.
Daniel 7…
7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
… but also the iron legs of the statue of Daniel 2. See how each prophecy repeats and enlarges upon the preceding prophecy?
The dragon beast represents the Roman empire (168 B. C. – 476 A. D.). This empire came to be known as the “iron monarchy of Rome” (Edward Gibbon, The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, vol. 4, p. 161). The ten horns represent the ten kingdoms into which the Roman Empire was divided when it fell apart. These ten kingdoms, according to Edward
Gibbon, were: The Alemanni, the Franks, the Burgundians, the Vandals, the Suevi, the Visigoths, the Saxons, the Ostrogoths, the Lombards and the Heruli (see, M. H. Brown, The Sure Word of Prophecy, pp. 54, 55).
“The historian Machiavel, without the slightest reference to this prophecy, gives the following list of the nations which occupied the territory of the Western Empire at the time of the fall of Romulus Augustulus [476 A. D], the last emperor of Rome: The Lombards, the Franks, the Burgundians, the Ostrogoths, the Visigoths, the Vandals, the Heruli, the Sueves, the Huns, and
the Saxons: ten in all.” (H. Grattan Guinness, The Divine Program of the World’s History, p. 318).
Already in the fourth century, Jerome had spoken of the fragmentation of the Roman Empire in the following terms:
“Moreover the fourth kingdom, which plainly pertains to the Romans, is the iron which breaks in pieces and subdues all things. But its feet and toes are partly of iron and partly of clay, which at this time [note that Jerome was living when this was happening] is most plainly attested. For just as in its beginning nothing was stronger and more unyielding than the Roman Empire, so at the end of its affairs nothing is weaker.” (Jerome, Commentary on Daniel, comments on 2:40, column 504). In the days when Jerome lived, the Roman Empire was coming apart. The barbarian tribes from the north had descended upon the empire with a vengeance and broke it up into the nations which today constitute western Europe.
Daniel 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.
Daniel 8:9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.
12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Remember, that the little horn in Daniel 8:9 is different from the little horn of Daniel 7:8. The one in Daniel 8:9 represents the empire of pagan Rome. It is the parallel symbol of the dragon beast with the ten horns and iron teeth that rises from the sea. However, in Daniel 8:10 can be seen a change in the practice of the little horn from being one that “waxed exceeding great” on a horizontal plane to one that then “waxed great” on a vertical plane. Rome at first operated as a secular pagan entity. But here we see a change in her nature to a religious entity in that she began to attack the things of God and spiritual truths that pertain to heaven.
The little horn of Daniel 7:8, which grows out of the Roman empire
amongst the former ten horns and uproots 3 of them, is also an entity which has aspirations of a more heavenly nature.
Daniel 7:9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
We see here that the duration of this little horn does not end until the judgment. So it endures right up to the second coming, therefore is with us today. There are also much more written on this little horn. There is in fact more detail given concerning this horn than on any of the other beasts together. Thus it is abundantly clear that in His love and mercy God desires that we know who and what this entity is for it is clearly a threat to our spiritual welfare.
Daniel 7:15 ¶ I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Again we see that this horn endures until the second coming, but we also see more detail of it’s character and practice. Daniel was greatly concerned and approached the accompanying angel to inquire regarding the vision, particularly the little horn. Here is the angel’s reply.
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
So here is a summary of the characteristics that pertain specifically to the little horn.
1. The little horn arises from the fourth beast (7:8). The fourth beast represents Rome, so the little horn must be a Roman power.
2. The little horn arises among the ten horns. The ten horns are the divisions of western Europe, so the little horn must arise in western Europe (7:8). Notice that these first two characteristics restrict the geographical location of the little horn to western Europe.
3.The little horn rises after the ten horns (7:24). According to historians, the ten horns were complete in the year 476 A. D., so this must mean that the little horn was to arise to power sometime after 476 A. D.
4. The little horn was to pluck up three of the first [ten] horns by the roots (7:8). This means that these three nations would be uprooted from history. Daniel 7:20-21 explains that three of the first horns would fall before the little horn, and Daniel 7:24 tells us that the little horn would subdue three horns. In other words, three of the first ten nations would disappear from history!!
5. The little horn was to speak great words against the Most High (7:21, 25). Revelation 13:5 explains what these words would be, namely, blasphemy. And, What is blasphemy according to the Bible? It is when a merely human power claims to be God on earth and when it thinks it can exercise the prerogatives and functions of God (see, John 10:30-33; Mark 2:7).
6. The little horn was to be a persecuting power. This is stated in Daniel 7:21 and repeated in verse 25.
7. The little horn would think it could change God’s “times”, that is to say, God’s timetable of prophetic events. (Daniel 2:21). We shall see that the little horn invented a false system of prophetic interpretation to rival historicism.
8. The little horn would even have the audacity to THINK that it could change God’s holy law. (7:25).
9. The little horn would be different than the ten horns. It would be an amalgamation of church and state (7:24)
10. This power would govern for a time, times and half a time (7:25). This comes out to 42 months or 1260 days (see, Revelation 13:5-6; 12:6, 13-15). In Bible prophecy, literal days are symbolic of years, so this power was to govern for 1260 years .
11. The little horn had eyes like a man. In Bible Prophecy, eyes are a symbol of wisdom (see, Ephesians 1:18; Revelation 5:6). Even today, an owl is a symbol of wisdom because of its large eyes. In other words, this power was to depend on human wisdom.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi brakelite,

And what evidence scripturally other than a symbol (iron) do you have for thinking the last empire of Daniel 2 is the Revived Roman Empire?

I have read all your history but am referring to scripture to support your claim.

Marilyn.