Danger: Christ's Eternal Kingdom is Still Not Complete Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've gone off topic from what Paul was teaching in Hebrews 5 about the idea of "milk" vs. "strong meat". I'm not going to get into any arguments over eating meat with you, which is a different subject.

Off topic maybe but still not sure how you say it has nothing to do with ‘strong meat’...1 Corinthians 8:11-13 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? [12] But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
Romans 13:10 [13]
Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

John 6:53-55 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

John 6:59-61 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. [60] Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? [61] When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

1 Corinthians 10:20-21 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. [21] Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

What meat is of the Lord’s table ...if not strong meat in ‘For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.’ John 6:55-56 as His meat is Life. Therefore those things offered to idols is dead. Does God accept dead sacrifices or Living ones?

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But 1 Corinthians 8:11-13 natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: (strong meat belongs to them of full age)for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So the point is in 1 Corinthians 8:11-13 the strong meat is able to spiritually discern ‘shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? [12] But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.’

As He also said they were not able to bear and were still not yet able ...for
natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: (strong meat belongs to them of full age)...and he would eat no flesh and cause his brother to offend. Thereby sinning against his own body...whom Christ died. in to do so is sin so against the brethren, and therefore sin against Christ. Not saying or debating the weak brothers meat but only suggesting Paul reveals the strong in able to discern it would be evil to destroy a weak brother and cause him to offend. To sin against Christ. It reminds me of the saying we sometimes tell older children into it with one younger “you should know better.” If the weak brother doesn’t yet know better...it doesn’t excuse the one who should.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Off topic maybe but still not sure how you say it has nothing to do with ‘strong meat’...1 Corinthians 8:11-13 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? [12] But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
Romans 13:10 [13]
Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

John 6:53-55 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. [54] Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

John 6:59-61 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. [60] Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? [61] When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

1 Corinthians 10:20-21 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. [21] Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

What meat is of the Lord’s table ...if not strong meat in ‘For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.’ John 6:55-56 as His meat is Life. Therefore those things offered to idols is dead. Does God accept dead sacrifices or Living ones?

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But 1 Corinthians 8:11-13 natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: (strong meat belongs to them of full age)for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So the point is in 1 Corinthians 8:11-13 the strong meat is able to spiritually discern ‘shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? [12] But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.’

As He also said they were not able to bear and were still not yet able ...for
natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: (strong meat belongs to them of full age)...and he would eat no flesh and cause his brother to offend. Thereby sinning against his own body...whom Christ died. in to do so is sin so against the brethren, and therefore sin against Christ. Not saying or debating the weak brothers meat but only suggesting Paul reveals the strong in able to discern it would be evil to destroy a weak brother and cause him to offend. To sin against Christ. It reminds me of the saying we sometimes tell older children into it with one younger “you should know better.” If the weak brother doesn’t yet know better...it doesn’t excuse the one who should.

Well, now you're trying to start an argument, so I'm done talking with you. Grow up.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, now you're trying to start an argument, so I'm done talking with you. Grow up.

I’m sorry then Davy. For some reason you always seem to think I’m attacking you or implying something aimed at you. I’m not. Meant nothing other than wanting to discuss His word. Wouldn’t care if you responded back it was absurd, or it was way off. I realize we don’t agree on everything. Again, I’m sorry.