Darkly-Wicked Friends and Family Members

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Wheat and Tares doctrine can be found in Matthew chapter 13, verses 24-30, 37-42 and describes the current status of our world.

That of 2 fundamentally different types of people. You might say different at a deep spiritual level. Note that it doesn't support a concept of everyone being equally fallen or lost, with the potential of all being saved. No, it clearly paints a picture of people being different from the moment they are created.

So we'll start with the first passage of scripture that supports this idea. Genesis 3:15 tells us that there are two seeds in the world. As God is laying down punishment in the Garden of Eden, He says to the serpent "... I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed, ..."

Now, there is lots of controversy as to what exactly this means, but it is clear that God is referring to two different seeds of people in the world. Granted, some claim this refers to Jesus and the rest of us, but in the light of the Wheat and Tares doctrine, this does not follow scripture.

(more to come)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Cain and Abel are born, they are twins. One is born right after the other. They are very different in their manner, which is a pattern we will continue to see in scripture between twin brothers. Abel has a righteous manner while Cain is very cold, selfish and evil.

Interesting to note in Deuteronomy 21:18-21 we have the stoning of disobedient children. Now what's easier to believe, what truly makes more sense, that God is so insecure and such a control-freak that He would have you murder your children if they don't obey certain rules or moral guidelines, OR that He is instructing His people on exactly how to tell if a child is OF Him or not; and how to deal with those who are not of Him?

I think the consensus is obvious. In direct reference to the Wheat and Tares parable presented by Jesus Christ, we can see that the disobedient children referred to in the Deuteronomy passage are not just normal children who happen to be having a cranky day and misbehaving, but they are quite certainly children OF the enemy. They are the Tares; generated by the enemy himself. And God is very clear in how He prefers they be dealt with.

(more to come)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices (conditioned long-term with evil deeds); cursed children."
2 Peter 2:14

Why are they incapable of ceasing from sin, unlike others? They cannot understand goodness, righteousness. They have no way within themselves to comprehend the Light.
"And the Light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."
John 1:5

The darkness of this world includes these inherently evil people; they are counterfeits ... generated by the enemy.

And why would children be cursed from the womb?

They are Tares. They are literally not OF God, they are of the devil.

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts (desires) of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the Truth, because there is no Truth (Jesus) in him. (There is nothing of God in him). ... he is a liar and the father of it."
John 8:44

Who else was a murderer and a liar from the very beginning? Cain.
Cain was the first Tare.

"... cursed children: which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following Balaam ..., who loved the wages of unrighteousness."
2 Peter 2:15

"And this is the condemnation, that Light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than Light, because their deeds were evil (they are OF evil). For everyone that doeth evil hateth the Light (Jesus), neither cometh to the Light, lest his deeds should be reproved(exposed). But he that doeth Truth cometh to the Light, that his deeds may be made manifest that they are wrought in God."

All those who will be saved were known by God, and were of God, before Creation.

It is very interesting that the Bible speaks of Jesus AND those who will be saved (Elect) as being foreknown before the foundation of the world.

"...The Word was with God, ... The same was in the beginning with God." John 1:1-2
"...(Jesus) was foreordained before the foundation of the world, ..." 1 Peter 1:20
"... He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love." Ephesians 1:4
"For whom He did foreknow, he also did predestinate ... whom He did predestinate, ... He also called, ... He also justified: ... whom He justified, ... He ... glorified." Romans 8:29-30
"... chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father ..." 1 Peter 1

Tares were not foreknown by God before Creation and are not justified or glorified in any way.

"Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, ... then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity (ye that do the works of your father)."
Matthew 7:22-23

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another interesting observation along the lines of Tares v. Wheat:

Cain, being the first Tare, the evil seed, was born first. Thus, he stole the right of the Firstborn from Abel, the righteous seed, the first Wheat.

Who runs the world, and always has? The evil seed. The nations that came from Cain, the first Tare. It is the Tares that run the world. Not the Wheat. We can trace that all the way back to the first child birth.

In biblical times, the firstborn was given certain unique rights, responsibilities, and privileges. A married couple’s firstborn male child was given priority and preeminence in the family, and the best of the inheritance. The nation of Israel is identified as God’s “firstborn” in the Bible (Exodus 4:22; Jeremiah 31:9); in other words, Israel held a special place of privilege and blessing among the nations.
Why is the firstborn so important in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

Cain's offspring, the Canaanites and all that would come of them (don't forget the Israelite women coupled with the surrounding nations often) were given the inheritance of this physical world while those who came from God's Firstborn (Christ/Spiritual Israel) have been given a Spiritual inheritance in the world to come.

More proof that the powers that be in this world, and The Church that considers itself to be preeminent in all matters Christianity, are filled with, and led by, nothing but Tares.

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever known anybody, family or friend, who was so cold and dark and wicked inside that every time you talk to them, you come away feeling drained, or worse, completely empty inside?

All your joy, all your positivity, … all your light … is just sucked right out of you from even having a few minutes exchange with these people.

How do you suppose God would have Christians handle these types?

Personally, I believe certain people are beyond the "love 'em, pray for 'em & kill 'em with kindness" treatment. I believe some people are so depraved and so decidedly far from God that the best, most healthy, action for a Christian to take is to simply write 'em off.

Just cut 'em off and part ways with them to protect your own faith and sanctification.

After all, God did tell the Israelites to have nothing to do with the surrounding peoples that worshiped demon gods and had zero love for the Almighty. He said nothing about evangelizing them. I believe this was for their own spiritual safety.

What say you?

If they are making you feel bad best to stay away. Sometimes we can love others or pray for them from a distance

It's important that we care for our bodies and minds

Reactions: GEN2REV

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The reason that God doesn't have me, as a Levite, hacking people to death is because of the atonement of Christ.
One will argue, "It's not a license to sin." They'd be right.
However, think of Stephen while he was being stoned. "Lord, do not hold this sin against them."
We are to love others how we want to be loved.
We are only permitted to throw stones if we have never broken God's holy law.
To do so is to be a hypocrite who has lost sight of one's own unworthiness.
God is judge...He commands us to love.

True! Leave the judging of non believers up to God.

Who knows, they may turn to Christ?

I read a book a couple months ago called Child of Satan, Child of God, the testimony of Susan Atkins, Charles Mson's right hand henchwoman, as it were who had a role in the Tate/LaBianca murders. She was considered to be very evil and watching footage of her interviews was like seeing someone totally devoid of any soul . Yet she became born again in prison and the photos show the difference. A radiant fulfilled looking woman shining with th love of Jesus.

Paul called himself the worst of sinners. Whilst we have the ability to choose Jesus , none of us can be considered unreedamble.. Once we are dead it's too late but until then we cannot say anyone cannot be saved

Reactions: Truman and GEN2REV

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Farouk.

I think these verses may fit the bill a little better.

Matthew 5:44
Romans 12:14

I do pray for those who seem the darkest in my life, but sometimes I feel it is actually God reminding me of verses that advise to have nothing to do with certain people.

Like:

2 Timothy 3:1-5
" ...Having a form of godliness, but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."
Titus 3:10
" … warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them."
2 Corinthians 6:17
" … Come out from among them and be separate, says The Lord. …"

The modern Christian, mainstream, mindset is to love everybody, evangelize everyone, love the sinner - hate the sin, everybody can be saved, etc, etc.

Remember though, … it is the sinner God sends to hell, not the sin. Just something to consider.

Everybody can be saved though . If they are willing. These people are not willing.

There aren't people who have sincerely tried to be saved the right way (not through self effort but through repentance and trusting the blood of Jesus only) but God doesn't save them. God wants none to perish. Salvation is free will.

When the scriptures talk about those who try given her the narrow gate and can't , my understanding of that (and am willing to be proved wrong) is that many try to be saved by being good enough and they trust in their own good works to be saved. When that just isn't possible. Why is this the narrow way ? It sure doesn't sound as narrow as working hard to get saved? I suspect it's because letting go of our pride and self righteousness is even harder than working to earn salvation..

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When the scriptures talk about those who try given her the narrow gate and can't , my understanding of that (and am willing to be proved wrong) is that many try to be saved by being good enough and they trust in their own good works to be saved. When that just isn't possible. Why is this the narrow way ? It sure doesn't sound as narrow as working hard to get saved? I suspect it's because letting go of our pride and self righteousness is even harder than working to earn salvation..
BINGO....:D

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you
You are BLESSED because you have embraced the truth. Many will try to steal your JOY and complicate your simplicity.... Don't let them.
I am trying to learn this myself. It's all about JESUS and HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD.... Nothing I can do but be THANKFUL for HIS SACRIFICE.
He wants our hearts and our love... HE doesn't need our filthy rags of good works.