David Wilkerson - The Vision 1973

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Does anyone remember David Wilkerson's most recent prediction?

His batting average isn't exactly the highest.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
His perdictions like no gospel on TV after 1999 seems to not have happened.

He does have some soild teaching, but I don't follow anyone that speaks badly about others. That is a wrong spirit operating, and that same spirit can cloud judgement. There are reasons I don't Watch TBN, but I am not judging anyone or mentioning any names.

I will talk about certain teaching I don't believe in, and present what I feel is truth, but not blast someone I can't personally communicate with and fully understand where they are coming from.

I do believe in prosperity, but to say God will heal your kid if you send money?????? Let God judge that one...........

David Wilkerson's has some good stuff, but be led by the Spirit in everything that you hear, and read.

Jesus Is Lord.

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
You're right. He really was whacked on some recent stuff. But, I wonder if you throw the baby out with the bathwater? Many of the very things he talked about in that "vision" have already come to pass and his detail is pretty amazing. If you look at what is happening in Europe, how bad Japan and the U.S. economy is, it's not hard to believe that things will unfold as he claims to have seen them.

It is hard to know if these well known prohetic types are for real or not. Pat Robertson sure has missed it too. There seems to be a pressure to perform. That means say something even if you haven't really heard from the Lord. But I believe "The Vision". The rest of his stuff was a miss.

Does anyone remember David Wilkerson's most recent prediction?

His batting average isn't exactly the highest.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
His perdictions like no gospel on TV after 1999 seems to not have happened.

He does have some soild teaching, but I don't follow anyone that speaks badly about others. That is a wrong spirit operating, and that same spirit can cloud judgement. There are reasons I don't Watch TBN, but I am not judging anyone or mentioning any names.

I will talk about certain teaching I don't believe in, and present what I feel is truth, but not blast someone I can't personally communicate with and fully understand where they are coming from.

I do believe in prosperity, but to say God will heal your kid if you send money?????? Let God judge that one...........

David Wilkerson's has some good stuff, but be led by the Spirit in everything that you hear, and read.

Jesus Is Lord.

Good post Mike and I agree that Wilkerson has had some good teaching, and he has given some prophecies that seemed to have been off target, like many others, honestly, I know of no one today that has a good average when it comes to prophecies.

I personally do not follow the teachings of anyone on TV today and have not watched any religious programming in several years but if things have not changed in that time I would say that while there may be lots of "gospel teachings" being broadcast, the majority are "other gospels" and a good portion of the minority are not the "full gospel". So maybe Wilkerson is not too far off target with that one. I say the way to spread the gospel properly is to do it in person the way Paul did it, in the power and wisdom of HolySpirit.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Sad Jiggyfly........................... There are real manifestations of the Holy Spirit and as you know that the Holy Spirit shows (The Spirit filled at least) Things to come.

God has Spoken to us on so many levels, from just that tiny little stop sign in our heart, to a thus saith the Lord, loud and inside us.

It would seem lots of these men may have started off really hearing God, but because of attention they gained (From God being right) they tend to force things and go out on their own, Leaving the Holy Spirit far behind. So, we end up with things that come to pass, and things that never do. It's not God, but man who Receives from God.

When I was in Prison, I prayed constantly in tongues............... I also heard God (Still do :) ) but it came to a point where others were constantly asking (You get a Word from the Lord today Mike?) Being young at this (Only a 1 1/2 years of being saved.) I started to think that I was the man!!!

One day I was sitting in the laundry room reading a Joyce Meyers book. (Me and my big mouth) when a brother in the Lord stormed in. He looked at me with glaring eyes. He said, "I suppose God already told you what happened to me today." I told him that the Lord never said a thing to me about him. He then threw his bible at me, and told me that "God don't even care enough about me to have a Word of encouragement" Then he stormed off...............

The Lord then spoke to me...................He said, "Your partly to blame for this." What the Heck!!! I was reading a book, not bothering anyone. I soon found out that others looked up to me, thinking that I had some ability that God did not give them. In reality, it was not me, but the time I spent in praying in Tongues, and in my Word. I was at it all day long, while others just would do good to have a couple good times with God in a whole week. I also realized that these brothers needed to hear God for themselves and be led by the Holy Spirit.

So, I changed things. Instead of telling people I would go ask God for them, I challenged them to find out for themselves what they needed to know. Everyone should be focused on Jesus, not someone else.

So that is how I am today. If someone ask me........ "Did you get anything from the Lord." Most the time I have not, but I tell them what did the Lord direct you to do. A person can not be your Holy Spirit for you.

So before we go looking for these people that can predict future events................. know that the Holy Spirit said he will also show YOU things to come............. We are led by the Spirit of God, not the prophets of (Hopefully) God.

Jesus Is Lord.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have been taught that if a prophet is wrong in a prediction then he really isn't a prophet.

Wilkerson has been wrong more than once.

I believe he is a true Christian who loves Jesus. I am not always sure he is listening very clearly, though.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
The Prophet today is different than then Prophets of the OT. The OT prophets laid the Word of God down for men. The Original 12 Apostles are the same way. Paul was an Apostle but also operated in the Prophet ministery. He was given to building the foundation in the Word of God. Nobody today can add to the Word of God, though we do have Apostles and prophets.

Now the Holy Spirit can tell you something, but the Holy Spirit will testify of Jesus, and the Word of God. So anything the Holy Spirit tells us Today, must come in Line with that foundation laid down for us. Otherwise it's a false spirit, and can lead to error.

These so called Prophets that want to predict out whole future events are in Error. I have looked at about all the popular ones. God wants us to look at his Word for these last days, not focus on what a man says.

I have operated in the Prophet office sometimes while teaching others. Most of the Prophet ministery today is teaching. The Lord told me I will operate more and more in that Prophet ministery as time Go's on, and I am obiediant to do what He told me to do. You just don't start out today as a apostle or Prophet, or Pastor, but must be faithful in what you do have. I can't turn on that prophet anointing, I can't choose just to operate in that office.

Sometimes while teaching though I do reconize that anointing for the prophet office. It does not happen everytime I teach.

The prophet office does consist of "Thus saith the Lord" but not in the sense that we see in the OT. God will give me something for someone that is sitting in the pews (Metal chairs in some cases) Now, I have to decide if it was just my thinking or did the Lord really tell me something about this person. This is why I don't like to know too much about people who are listening to me.

Sometimes I'll call that person up and speak to them privatly as I don't want to embarrass anyone, or give the Word I have to everyone. It will always be in line with something that they already know. Something God has already told them.

Many people think they did hear God, but are not sure. So, God can use someone in that prophet ministery to comfirm what the Lord did tell them. If any one claiming to be a prophet or claim they hear God come tell you something that you never heard, then it was not God.

Those that are the sons of God are led by the Spirit of God..................

Each person is responsible for being led by the Spirit of God. God is not going to violate that, we are not to realy on Prophets to led us and dictate our life.

Sometimes I'll hear something from the Lord, but not real sure I did not beat it up with some of my own thinking. God will tell us something and our mind wants to fill in the blanks. I have gotten better at not doing that. For example, the Lord my tell you to go to this place........ You get there, and see something that seems like you should get involved in it. You fill in the blanks yourself, when the Lord just told you to go............... Later you find that nothing is working, and wonder if you did hear God. You did, but you added your own stuff...........so things don't work out so well. You should have went, and waited.............

this will get way to long................

Jesus Is Lord.

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, this has turned into a thread about the prophetic ministry rather than this particular prophesy of Wilkerson's. I could also, like you all tell you stories of a few things the Lord told me were going to happen in advance of when they did. And they happened EXACTLY as the Lord said they were going to happen. One was the presidential election in 2000. Two other times the Lord told me about a girl I would meet at an event that matched the exact physical description of the kind of girl I wanted to have as a girlfriend. And the Lord even spoke to me about who was going to win college football games back in my days of $5 bets on games. The Lord knows who is going to win and what the score is going to be even before the game is played. I did give thought that I could make some serious money this way, but I was way to afraid to make frivolous the precious leading of the Holy Spirit. This was when I was really hearing from the Lord though. Now there is only the sad time of Jesus not speaking to me anymore. I am so sad now because of it.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I have way to many stories about the times the Lord has told me something to start typing it out.

However, Faith receives from God.............

Stop saying Jesus no longer talks to you, because the Word says that his sheep hear his voice...........Speak the Word, not what you think your experiencing............

Jesus Is Lord.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Sad Jiggyfly........................... There are real manifestations of the Holy Spirit and as you know that the Holy Spirit shows (The Spirit filled at least) Things to come.

God has Spoken to us on so many levels, from just that tiny little stop sign in our heart, to a thus saith the Lord, loud and inside us.

It would seem lots of these men may have started off really hearing God, but because of attention they gained (From God being right) they tend to force things and go out on their own, Leaving the Holy Spirit far behind. So, we end up with things that come to pass, and things that never do. It's not God, but man who Receives from God.

When I was in Prison, I prayed constantly in tongues............... I also heard God (Still do :) ) but it came to a point where others were constantly asking (You get a Word from the Lord today Mike?) Being young at this (Only a 1 1/2 years of being saved.) I started to think that I was the man!!!

One day I was sitting in the laundry room reading a Joyce Meyers book. (Me and my big mouth) when a brother in the Lord stormed in. He looked at me with glaring eyes. He said, "I suppose God already told you what happened to me today." I told him that the Lord never said a thing to me about him. He then threw his bible at me, and told me that "God don't even care enough about me to have a Word of encouragement" Then he stormed off...............

The Lord then spoke to me...................He said, "Your partly to blame for this." What the Heck!!! I was reading a book, not bothering anyone. I soon found out that others looked up to me, thinking that I had some ability that God did not give them. In reality, it was not me, but the time I spent in praying in Tongues, and in my Word. I was at it all day long, while others just would do good to have a couple good times with God in a whole week. I also realized that these brothers needed to hear God for themselves and be led by the Holy Spirit.

So, I changed things. Instead of telling people I would go ask God for them, I challenged them to find out for themselves what they needed to know. Everyone should be focused on Jesus, not someone else.

So that is how I am today. If someone ask me........ "Did you get anything from the Lord." Most the time I have not, but I tell them what did the Lord direct you to do. A person can not be your Holy Spirit for you.

So before we go looking for these people that can predict future events................. know that the Holy Spirit said he will also show YOU things to come............. We are led by the Spirit of God, not the prophets of (Hopefully) God.

Jesus Is Lord.

I certainly know what you mean have been there myself Mike. Years ago many people used to seek jiggyfly rather than Jesus, it really bothered me so I began to withhold from them and basically told them the same as you have told others. The Lord shares lots of His plans with me daily, but I am careful not to disclose it all and violate the intimacy we share. I have a thought that Abraham never communicated all that he and God conversed on to his nephew Lot about the sparing/destruction on Sodom. I do encourage everyone to hear God directly for themselves and have ministered to many for open spiritual ears. Many times people are amazed how much God will talk to them.

I used to be wrapped up into the "offices" but have moved away from such, I consider the ministry gifts to be Christ ministering to his body, my part and responsibility is to just be the best brother I can, I leave the rest to Him and if He manifests and ministers through me great and if He ministers through someone else great. But its always Jesus ministering to His body. I think at some time or another Christ has ministered each of the ministry gifts through me and have seen the same through others. I deplore the clergy/laity system and have seen the recklessness it brings and causes, seeing how it's origin is carnal that is understandable. We are supposed to be a family not an organization, which is why I really appreciate John's letters. Families do have an order in that the older brothers and sisters have more responsibility and in some cases more freedom but the younger ones are always encouraged to relate to father themselves.
smile.gif

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have long thought this to be true, and if you see the economic events that are happening now and that have happened in the past 2 or 3 years, this seems to be so true.

Who else has read this little book? Here's a very significant passage from it:

http://ingodscompany2.blogspot.com/2009/02/david-wilkersons-vision-written-in-1973.html

Everybody wants to be a prophet. In Wilkerson's case the prophet's purpose was to profit from book sales.

A lot of people like to have their ears tickled by self-styled prophets.
The problem these days is that no one is willing to submit to God and go through the grooming process to become one.
O.T. prophets were always abused and sometimes killed for their words (including Jesus himself).

The role of prophet is not something a reasonable man would like to have on his resume.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
[email protected]:

Thank you for sharing that with us. As Jiggyfly stated though you have to be called into that office. Most of the Body of Christ is made up of other offices and helpes besides Apostel, Prophet, Evanagelist, Teacher, and Pastor. It takes a special office anointing to operate in those offices, and a Pastor my one day operate as a Prophet, but the Anointing as a Pastor is the real office and enables one to deal with not only giving the Word, but adminastrative duties and direction of the Chruch.

Also as Jiggyfly stated, operating in the Prophet office needs to be taken with prayer and direction of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I feel almost worthless even at home. For example I'll say something, and my own wife will ask......."Was that from God? or is that you just saying it?" I just shrug and say it was just me having conversation and encouraging you. Then she will say, "So it was not from God?" I then say, well, I based it on scripture.

Others have treated me like this also. I say something, and it's like I have nothing important to say unless it was God. Oh, it's just Mike talking...........ughhhhhhhhhh............... I guess Mike don't have anything to say on his own.

I also don't like people hanging on to what I say as if it is scripture and apply's to all situations.

Just a few weeks ago this girl I knew found her sister dead. well, for some reason she and a couple others tried to raise her dead sister back to life. (That's possible, but man, you need the direction of the Holy Spirit on that one. Jesus said I only do what I see my father do.)
Well, this girl was drinking and sleeping around, and not going to church. She had no faith to raise a bug back from the dead. Now that her sister died suddenly, she felt guilt and wanted that guilt fixed, so God would just bring her sister back to life and fix the guilt.

It don't work that way........................... It is also selfish.

Now she told the other girls of something I preached 4 years ago. One of my friends High on Herion did raise someone from the dead in the name of Jesus. The guy he raised died at a party from overdose. Don't ask me how that works, but the faith was there. My friend had yet the revelation that the party life was not a good thing, and his heart did not condemn him. He had faith though.

So this Girl kept saying what I said. She thought I said anyone not serving God could be used this way. That is not what I said.

Jiggyfly!!!

Thank you for sharing that.......... It really blessed me!!!!

Jesus Is Lord.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Thanx for sharing that......... Man, I can feel this mans thoughts.................This is the first time I have openly talked about hearing From God........... and the way people perceive you. It's something others would not understand.........

I am thankful and love to hear God, but it takes responsibility, and it takes a lot of times remaining silent.

Thanx again Jiggyfly, though it ended before I wanted to be done reading it.

Jesus Is Lord.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Thanx for sharing that......... Man, I can feel this mans thoughts.................This is the first time I have openly talked about hearing From God........... and the way people perceive you. It's something others would not understand.........

I am thankful and love to hear God, but it takes responsibility, and it takes a lot of times remaining silent.

Thanx again Jiggyfly, though it ended before I wanted to be done reading it.

Jesus Is Lord.

Your welcome Mike, of all the books I've read on the prophet and the prophetic (about 15 or more) this one book is the best and I personally think it is better than all the rest put together. Prophetic Ministry by T. Austin Sparks.
smile.gif

http://austin-sparks.net/english/books/prophetic_ministry.html

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Yes, I have heard of this man.

The Lord spoke to me years back and said that I would someday enter the ministery office of the Prophet then the teacher. He said this day I am going to give you (Some) anointing to teach. I was in the shower at prison. Nobody before this would have me do bible studies............ I sucked at it. I had information, but I had no speaking ability or power to speak. It changed after this day.

Under the anointing, something you say can change someone's life in dramatic ways.

You have to have the anointing and calling to speak!!!!!! I wish I could get this across to everyone that gives themselves the title of Pastor. Going to a school does not make anyone a Pastor.

going to check this guy out some more. I have read some of his stuff, and have brother Hagins book on the subject. I need to find out more from the men that actually know what they are talking about .

Jesus Is Lord.

Endzone

May 7, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Brother Mike, I have gone to several home group meetings where they have a prophetic type brother there and received a "word". You and others have probably received words like this on this board too. These ministries are very real, and these people truly have to be hearing from God. The reason is because every word I have ever received has been so right on, and these people were reading my mail. But all Christians in the prophetic ministry say it should never be a substitute for hearing from the Lord yourself. The prophetic is only suppossed to confirm what you already understand The Lord to be doing in your life. At least that's what I have heard from the Christians I know that have this prophetic gift. How one functions in this gift I don't know because God has not given me this gift. But it is certainly a blessing to the body of Christ. There are a few flakes out there too.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
God says a prophet is 100% right 100% of the time he never said he changed the nature of prophets God is the same yesterday today and tomarrow a sign of a prophet is the same today as was in biblical time.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Read your Mail???

Not heard that one in a few years......... :)

Your right though. A true prophetic ministery is to edify the Body of Christ. The Pastor should be the one giving direction for his own church. A prophet ministery is in no position of authority over others, but what the Lord has given them.

We call what you described as a confirmation. Many times the Lord will use me to comfirm something for someone, who needed the boost or confidence to know that they a)heard from God. B) doing something that needs changed.

Also reveleation of things or making clear things.

The gift just comes on you, I could be teaching a group, or just standing next to someone.

When I was truck driving I asked the Lord why he did not give me words for people like he use to. The Lord told me that I had stopped talking to people and no need to do that. I told the Lord that the next person he tells me to talk to I will.

I just then pulled into a dock, and the dock worker was cursing and very rude to me. I got out of my truck and just waited in the warehouse at they loaded me up with goods. I watched this Dock worker swearing and putting down his co-workers so I figured I would just stay out of his way.

Well, the Lord spoke to me. He said.......... "I Want you to talk to him for me."

ACK!!!!! That guy??? I did not even think he liked me, as he yelled at me and cursed at me to stay out of his way while he loaded my truck up.

However, I did tell the Lord I would.................So I walked up to him, having no clue what I was going to tell him.

I said, "Hey, I want to talk to you" he stopped and asked me what I wanted. Just then in a flash the Lord gave me everything to say to him. 'Stepping out in faith is a big part to the operations of the gifts."

I said......... "The Lord wanted me to ask you why you stopped serving him when you turned 15. You use to help in the Church and with the younger youth. You prayed constantly, and was a blessing to him."

he just looked straight ahead as if a tornado was coming our way. Eye's wide.

I went on to tell him that at 16 he got in with some wrong people, and every year after that he thought over and over about going back to the Lord. I told him as he Got older that he just figured it was to late. I told him that the Lord is asking him to come back now, and he will restore those lost years, and that if he obey's that the Lord will continue to do what he had originally planed for him.

Man, the tears started to roll down his face, and he started to repent right there. over and over he said sorry lord, sorry lord.........
He then gave me a big hug and told me he is going to start today, and be in a churh next Sunday. I told him to listen, you will know what your next step will be if you do as you say to God this day.

So, that is how it kinda works.............The Lord knows who will recieve from him.

Jesus is Lord.