Day of the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A Rod of Iron will Shatter the Nations:
Psalms 2:8 & Psalms 110:5-6 I; [God] give You [Jesus] the nations as Your domain, the earth to its furthest ends as Your possession. The Lord at Your right hand, [Jesus] will crush the rulers of the whole earth on the Day of His wrath. In glorious majesty He will judge the nations, breaking them with His rod of iron, shattering them like a clay pot, heaping up the dead around the world. Habakkuk 3:12, 2 Peter 3:7

This terrible, worldwide judgement/punishment has not happened, as yet. Now we are in the end times and as we approach the time of Jesus’ Return, many prophesied things must take place. Even now, there is a push toward a New World Order, a global government, but to enable this to be set up, there has to be some kind of disaster, a dramatic change in our current situation, that will induce the nations to give up their sovereignty. What it is that the Lord will use to carry out this sudden and shocking event, has to be something that can be looked upon as a natural disaster, so most survivors can continue in their disbelief of a Creator and give their allegiance to the dictator of this world government. Many prophecies tell us of this forthcoming judgement of the nations, a global disaster of Noahic proportions, this time of fire, earthquakes and storm winds. Deut. 32:22 & 34-35, Isaiah 66:15-16, Rev. 6:12-17

Haggai 2:6…In a little while from now, I shall shake the heavens and the earth…Hebrews 12:26
“In a little while”, 1000 years equals 1 day to the Lord, so nearly 3 days? Isaiah 42:14-15

Some scriptures of what will happen on that Day:

In Israel [Judah] –
Zephaniah 1:4-18 I shall stretch out My hand over Judah, over all that live in Jerusalem. On the Day of the Lord’s sacrifice, I shall wipe out all traces of idol worship I will punish all those complacent people. All who commit crimes of violence and fraud will fall with a great crash. The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast - His Day of wrath and distress onto the peoples. Their blood and guts will pour out like dung upon the ground and nothing can save them from the fire of His judgement. He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the holy Land. Isaiah 22:14, Jeremiah 10:18, Jeremiah 25:30-33, Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Matthew 21:41-43

In other Middle Eastern countries:
Ezekiel 30:2-5 Wail! Alas for the Day, the Day of the Lord is near. A Day of reckoning for the nations. A Day of disaster for Egypt; they will fall by the sword of the Lord’s slaughter. All the Arab nations, the Africans, Libyans and peoples of that area will be killed along with Egypt. Zephaniah 2:12, Isaiah 29:8-12, Amos 1:2-15 & 2:1-5

Isaiah 34:5-8 The sword of the Lord will appear in the sky and descend in judgement upon Edom, onto a people doomed for destruction. His sword is sated with blood, for on His Day of vengeance, the Lord has a sacrifice in Bozrah and a slaughter in Edom. Isaiah 63:1-6, Ezekiel 35:1-15, Jeremiah 49:1-39

In Edom, a metaphor for all the ungodly peoples.
Bozrah, means – glad tidings in Hebrew, but is also the name given to a sheepfold, so it refers to where the Lord’s faithful Christian people live, scattered among the nations.

Acts 2:19 I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth: blood, fire and smoke

This terrible disaster that will strike the earth is not unprecedented. There has been events that have caused mass extinctions and Noah’s Flood destroyed the entire antediluvian world.

The Lord’s Day of wrath, Revelation 6:12-17, will be ‘the Rod of Iron’, as He punishes the nations, Jeremiah 9:25-26, Ezekiel 32:20-32, and our world will never be the same again.

Isaiah 30:15…In calm detachment lies your safety, your strength in quiet trust. Isaiah 51:6
We who trust the Lord and keep His commandments have the promises of His protection on the Day and then the great prophecies of His people gathering and settling into all of the holy Land will come to pass. Isaiah 62:1-5, Zechariah 9:14-18

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can quote Scripture all day Keraz, but it won't prove the "day of the Lord" happens prior to the great tribulation Jesus warned of in His Olivet discourse. As a matter of fact, He said those things you're pointing to happens AFTER... the tribulation of those days:

Matt 24:29-30
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
KJV

Below Scripture is same timing as that Matthew 24:29-30 Scripture:

Isa 13:9-11
9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
KJV

Isa 24:20-23
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
KJV

Joel 2:10
10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
KJV

Joel 3:14-16
14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
KJV

Amos 5:20
20 Shall not the day of the LORD be darkness, and not light? even very dark, and no brightness in it?
KJV

Zeph 1:14-17
14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,
16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
KJV

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You can quote Scripture all day Keraz, but it won't prove the "day of the Lord" happens prior to the great tribulation Jesus warned of in His Olivet discourse. As a matter of fact, He said those things you're pointing to happens AFTER... the tribulation of those days:
I suppose that only as the great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath strikes the earth, unexpectedly and shocking everyone, will you and most people on earth realize that God will again do as He did in Noah's time.
This forthcoming Day, coming in the sequence as given in Revelation 6:12-17, will commence the end times events, leading up to the glorious Return.
At the, soon to happen; world changing Day of the Lord's wrath, [He does NOT Return in wrath!!] the moon will shine blood red and there will be tremendous effects felt all over the world. The Lord will not be seen on that Day.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that only as the great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath strikes the earth, unexpectedly and shocking everyone, will you and most people on earth realize that God will again do as He did in Noah's time.
This forthcoming Day, coming in the sequence as given in Revelation 6:12-17, will commence the end times events, leading up to the glorious Return.
At the, soon to happen; world changing Day of the Lord's wrath, [He does NOT Return in wrath!!] the moon will shine blood red and there will be tremendous effects felt all over the world. The Lord will not be seen on that Day.

Oh, I well understand from God's Holy Writ that this present world is going to be destroyed by fire. Apostle Peter made that plain in 2 Peter 3, and he was pulling from the OT prophets where you've been quoting.

But like I showed in my earlier post from many of those Scriptures of the OT prophets about the "day of the Lord", in conjunction with New Testament Scripture, that event is scheduled for the LAST DAY of this present world, not prior to the great tribulation. The event of "great tribulation" Jesus taught is to be a time of world peace, not world destruction. The tribulation is upon God's people who keep The Faith in Jesus Christ, not upon the wicked. It's that "day of the Lord" fire that is going to END the great tribulation on the last day with Jesus' return.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh, I well understand from God's Holy Writ that this present world is going to be destroyed by fire. Apostle Peter made that plain in 2 Peter 3, and he was pulling from the OT prophets where you've been quoting.

But like I showed in my earlier post from many of those Scriptures of the OT prophets about the "day of the Lord", in conjunction with New Testament Scripture, that event is scheduled for the LAST DAY of this present world, not prior to the great tribulation. The event of "great tribulation" Jesus taught is to be a time of world peace, not world destruction. The tribulation is upon God's people who keep The Faith in Jesus Christ, not upon the wicked. It's that "day of the Lord" fire that is going to END the great tribulation on the last day with Jesus' return.
It is illogical and unscriptural that Jesus will burn up everything at His Return.
I go by the sequence of Revelation, where there is coming a great reset of our civilization, the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath against the nations, Psalms 83, Revelation 6:12-17, +, Then; all the rest of the prophesies, leading up to Jesus Returning in His glory to reign on earth for 1000 years.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is illogical and unscriptural that Jesus will burn up everything at His Return.
I go by the sequence of Revelation, where there is coming a great reset of our civilization, the Day of the Lord's fiery wrath against the nations, Psalms 83, Revelation 6:12-17, +, Then; all the rest of the prophesies, leading up to Jesus Returning in His glory to reign on earth for 1000 years.

There are many things written in God's Holy Writ that seem illogical to those who follow man's 'age of reason' philosophy. I personally believe what God says in His Word, whether I understand it yet or not. Eventually it is understood, with prayer and more study, or when God allows it to us. So you can't just disregard something in His Word that may seem illogical. Most don't even believe this world is going to be destroyed by fire, so ask them why it seems illogical to them.

When that event happens, it is going to burn man's works off the surface of this earth. The reason why those still alive on earth when that happens are changed at an instant, at the twinkling of an eye, is because it is going to be like having had blinders on all your life, and then suddenly they are removed. The Heavenly dimension is going to then be revealed to all. In essence, we all... will suddenly find ourselves in the heavenly dimension right here on earth. We all, including the deceived, will be in the spiritual body either through the resurrection, or through Paul's last trump change. God's consuming fire is going to do that to this world.

But you're thinking of a fire that's according to this earthly material dimension, from the sun. God's Fire is from that other dimension, not this one.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
There is a logical sequence of events to come. There is no; 'suddenly finding ourselves in another dimension'.
The first event to change the world, is the Day of wrath, that will devastate the earth, especially the Middle East region. But most people will survive and carry on, all as Revelation tells us.
Onlyafter the Millennium, will the New earth be made.

Zephaniah 3:8 Wait for Me, says the Lord, wait for the Day when I stand up and accuse mankind. For I shall pour out My wrath upon nations and kingdoms, in My burning anger: the whole earth will be devastated by fire.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath is near and coming fast. That Day will be a Day of distress and torment, a Day of devastation amid thick darkness. A Day of thunder and destruction against military fortifications and cities. the Lord will bring terrible distress upon the people, they won’t know which way to turn as they are punished for their sins against Me. Their blood and guts will be spilled out like filth over the ground. Neither their treasure nor their idols will be able to save them on the sudden and shocking Day of the Lord’s fiery anger. All the Land will be burned and devastated. Ezekiel 20:46-48

Zephaniah 2:1-3 Prepare yourselves, you undesirable nation, be humble before you disappear like chaff, before the burning anger of the Lord comes upon you. Seek righteousness; seek humility, all you people in the Land who obey God’s Laws and it may be that you will find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s anger.

Zephaniah 2:4-7 Gaza will be deserted, Ashkelon left in ruins. At midday all the towns of the Mediterranean coast will be cleared of inhabitants, for the Word of God is against you – land of the Philistines. I shall lay you in ruins, no one will survive. The sea coast will become a sheep grazing area belonging to the survivors of Judah, for their God will turn to them and restore their fortunes. Isaiah 14-1, Ezekiel 36:1-37

Zephaniah 2:8-10 I have noted the insults of Moab and the Ammonites, how they have reviled My people and encroached on their frontiers. For this, I swear, they will become like Sodom and Gomorrah, a place of weeds and salt pans. Those of My people who survive will inherit their land. This is retribution for their pride, because they have insulted God’s people and taken over their Land. Jeremiah 12:14

Zephaniah 3:11-13 On that Day, Jerusalem, I shall rid you of your proud and arrogant citizens, but I will leave a remnant, a humble people who will trust in Me. The survivors in Israel will be righteous, under My protection. Isaiah 31:5

Zephaniah 3:19-20 When the time comes and I have dealt with your oppressors, then I shall rescue the lost and gather the dispersed and bring you all to your homeland. You will win respect and renown from the other nations when I restore your fortunes before your very eyes, It is I, the Lord, who speaks.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

Wait for the Day; the whole earth burned and devastated. The only known way how this could happen, is by a massive Coronal Mass Ejection, a fire judgement mentioned and described over 100 times in Bible prophecy. It will be the event that ‘comes like a thief’, unexpected and shocking. Isaiah 30:26, Malachi 4:1

You undesirable nation – the Israelite people. It may be that those who live righteously and humbly will ‘find shelter on the Day of the Lord’s anger.’ Isaiah 29:1-4, 2 Peter 2:9

Philistines and Moab and Ammon – Palestinians and Jordanians. Amos 1:6-8 & 13-14

leave a remnant in Jerusalem, under My protection – Isaiah 4:3, Zechariah 9:14-18

rescue the lost....bring you home – The great gathering of all the true Christian peoples, prophesied more than 40 times, to happen soon after this forthcoming, worldwide fire judgement. They will live in the promised Land, under God’s protection and when the Anti Christ comes to Jerusalem, they are taken to a place of safety until the Return of Jesus.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now you're even refusing to believe what you originally espoused about God's consuming fire being the sun burning up our earth.

Heb 12:25-29
25 See that ye refuse not Him That speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused Him That spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from Him That speaketh from heaven:

26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now He hath promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven."

27 And this word, "Yet once more", signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29 For our God is a consuming fire.
KJV

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Now you're even refusing to believe what you originally espoused about God's consuming fire being the sun burning up our earth.
Not so, Davy. I have always maintained that the Lord will instigate a CME, of an unprecedented magnitude, that will literally fulfil all the prophesies about the Day of Wrath.
The only area to be virtually depopulated will be the Middle East region, the rest of the world will be devastated, but will recover.

It would be best for you and for everyone to believe what the Bible prophets do actually tell us about and be prepared for it; physically and spiritually.
There are dozens of short articles on this event at my website.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so, Davy. I have always maintained that the Lord will instigate a CME, of an unprecedented magnitude, that will literally fulfil all the prophesies about the Day of Wrath.
The only area to be virtually depopulated will be the Middle East region, the rest of the world will be devastated, but will recover.

It would be best for you and for everyone to believe what the Bible prophets do actually tell us about and be prepared for it; physically and spiritually.
There are dozens of short articles on this event at my website.

Hebrews 12 that I showed you, and what Peter showed in 2 Peter 3:10-13 is enough to know what God's consuming fire is about. Even in 2 Peter 3 we are given enough comparison with the previous destructions God did upon the earth to know how this next one by fire will encompass the whole... earth, and will literally end this present world.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hebrews 12 that I showed you, and what Peter showed in 2 Peter 3:10-13 is enough to know what God's consuming fire is about. Even in 2 Peter 3 we are given enough comparison with the previous destructions God did upon the earth to know how this next one by fire will encompass the whole... earth, and will literally end this present world.
That there will be survivors of the wrath of the Lord; the Sixth Seal event, is made clear by Revelation 6:15-17, where people will hide- take cover, from this blast from the sun, that will cause all the prophesied effects.
Isaiah 29:1-4, says how some Jews will survive underground, and many prophesies tell us of the world continuing on after the Day of wrath.
You confuse 2 Peter 3:11-13 - telling us about the New Heavens and the new earth, after the Millennium, with 2 Peter 3:7, where only the godless will be destroyed and His faithful people are protected. 2 Peter 2:9, Isaiah 43:2

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This wrong accusation is rude and unacceptable.
Why don't you even try to understand what others believe? You are so fixated on you own views, which you cannot prove, that you are blinded to any other interpretation.
Make a proper case for your beliefs, instead of ranting and raving against ours, as you do.
Keraz, this is an interesting response from you. You charge brakelite with ranting and raving when that is the last thing he is doing.
He has actually proved his case quiet well and I would say it is your position that is unsustainable.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go do some more quiet thinking and try to come up with proofs of any mis-interpretation, instead of your unsupported opinions, made because the scriptures I present conflict with your beliefs.

If you are basing your understanding on a flawed understanding of God's promises to Abraham then yes, quite thinker is right but I would suggest that a fleet would be required to cart away the horse hockey and the like.

Remember the giving of the Promised Land as found in Gen.15:17-21 has been fully fulfilled and is no longer on the table. God's promised inheritance is far bigger than you can imagine.

Shalom

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Remember the giving of the Promised Land as found in Gen.15:17-21 has been fully fulfilled and is no longer on the table.
This is wrong, the ancient Israelites never fully occupied all of the Land given to Abraham and his descendants. Genesis 15:18-19
Confirmed by Judges 1:18-34.
It will be in the end times that the Lord Himself will clear and cleanse all of the holy Land, for His faithful Christian people to live in, in peace and prosperity. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 66:12-14, Romans 9:24-26

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is wrong, the ancient Israelites never fully occupied all of the Land given to Abraham and his descendants. Genesis 15:18-19
Confirmed by Judges 1:18-34.
It will be in the end times that the Lord Himself will clear and cleanse all of the holy Land, for His faithful Christian people to live in, in peace and prosperity. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 66:12-14, Romans 9:24-26

But over a period of time from when Israel crossed the River Jordan up to the end of Solomon's reign Israel gained dominion over the lands described in Genesis 15 and then began to lose them as they moved further into their iniquities. Your flawed reasoning is the same flawed reasoning of the Jewish people who now worship the idol of their land believing that if they can once more obtain the "Promised Land," that God will look once more favourable upon them. The promised inheritance to Abraham and His descendants was not the land of Canaan but the whole earth that God would show them over time.

You need to dig much deeper than you have to be able to see the truth of the matter. At the moment you are presenting that which is not from the Lord.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Go do some more quiet thinking and try to come up with proofs of any mis-interpretation, instead of your unsupported opinions, made because the scriptures I present conflict with your beliefs.
The 2300 representing that amount of days is as obvious as a train smash. By halving it you have violated a primary interpretive principle. Your choice. If you do not see that, any amount of texts won't persuade you.