Deadly Gonnorrhea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
JB_ said:
That's certainly one of the verses that can be used. The other I had in mind was_ 1Co 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
quit like men

G407 ἀνδρίζομαι andrizomai (an-drid'-zom-ai) v.
1. to act manly
[middle voice from G435]
KJV: quit like men

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Jesus was not a doormat, Christians should not be doormats.

Jesus has holy righteous anger when need be, a Christian must respond in the same manner when speaking to someone in sin.

Jesus anger was towards the religious.

When Jesus was convicting an unbeliever He was very kind in pointing out their sin.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
kiwimac said:
Jesus NEVER speaks about 'manning up;' He DOES, however, speak of compassion, grace, the Love of God towards sinners. Many of the replies in this thread smack of Calvinism.
-- Jesus also spoke about sin and the punishment for it.
He warned about the dangers of sin time and again.
And whenever he forgave someone He always say, "Go and sin no more."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go and sin no more is an invitation to live healthy and free from sin, not a warning.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ruth said:
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2013/May/Deadly-Gonorrhea-Superbug-Worse-than-AIDS/

Health experts are warning against a deadly strain of gonorrhea, which could have effects as serious as AIDS.

The bacterium, called HO41, is now considered a "superbug" because it's resistant to antibiotics.

One medical expert told CNBC that someone who contracts gonorrhea from this particular bug could go into septic shock and die within days.

"This might be a lot worse than AIDS in the short run because the bacteria is more aggressive and will affect more people quickly," Alan Christianson, a doctor of naturopathic medicine, told CNBC.

Doctors still have nothing to fight the bug. And though the number of infections is low for now, Christianson says it could become a disaster.
Can't see how this news affects Christians as Gonnorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease :huh:

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
Go and sin no more is an invitation to live healthy and free from sin, not a warning.
That sounds like a real pathetic attempt to water-down Jesus's words against sin. "Go and sin no more" is a command, not advice for healthy living. Jesus said "Go and sin no more" and you hear "Consider using a condom."

Ruth

Jan 26, 2009
Angelina said:
Can't see how this news affects Christians as Gonnorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease :huh:
Seriouslly? You believe Christians never sin in the area of sexual relations?

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Polt said:
That sounds like a real pathetic attempt to water-down Jesus's words against sin. "Go and sin no more" is a command, not advice for healthy living. Jesus said "Go and sin no more" and you hear "Consider using a condom."
Go and sin no more. Pretty please? Ahh come on, you can do it. Well, alright. Think about it, OK? Remember, I'm your bestest bestest friend, and I really really need your love. So if you can't stop, I'll just wait. We'll work something out. OK? Love ya! Mean it!</tongue-in-cheek>

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Go and sin no more. Pretty please? Ahh come on, you can do it. Well, alright. Think about it, OK? Remember, I'm your bestest bestest friend, and I really really need your love. So if you can't stop, I'll just wait. We'll work something out. OK? Love ya! Mean it!</tongue-in-cheek>
Her Jesus may be a pleading sap, but there's no compassion here. She wants to jail anyone who doesn't honor homosexual conduct.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Ruth

Seriouslly? You believe Christians never sin in the area of sexual relations?
You can call me naive...but yes. They should not be sinning in this area. :huh: We're supposed to be "born-again" leaving the things of the world - behind us...

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Angelina said:
You can call me naive...but yes. They should not be sinning in this area. :huh: We're supposed to be "born-again" leaving the things of the world - behind us...
You're not naive. The character of a person who belongs to Jesus is that they no longer go on deliberately sinning. But, there's some people who want to have it both ways, their sinful lifestyle and a go-to-Heaven card. Or, they convince themselves that Jesus is all love and mercy and therefore won't judge. Indeed, narrow is the way that leads to life.

Wake up from your drunken stupor, as is right, and do not go on sinning. For some have no knowledge of God. I say this to your shame.

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven... And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Those who think they know Jesus but go on sinning to not know Jesus and Jesus does not know them.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Oh look! There goes a drive-by troll. Wave because he needs lots of attention.

admit_troll1a.jpg

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Foreigner said:
-- Jesus also spoke about sin and the punishment for it.
He warned about the dangers of sin time and again.
And whenever he forgave someone He always say, "Go and sin no more."
Actually, Jesus is only recorded one time for having made that statement. The problem when fellow human beings use that statement with which to aim at others is that it implies that THEY have given up sin themselves which is, I would think, a lot of hooey. But, perhaps I'm wrong. May I ask for a show of hands from those who are (now) sinless?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do not believe that God expects us to remain powerless in relation to sin in our lives

Romans 6
16 Don’t you know that when you give yourselves to obey someone you become that person’s slave? You can be slaves of sin. Then you will die. Or you can be slaves who obey God. Then you will live a godly life. 17 You used to be slaves of sin. But thank God that with your whole heart you obeyed the teachings you were given! 18 You have been set free from sin. You have become slaves to right living.
19 Because you are human, you find this hard to understand. So I have said it in a way that will help you understand it. You used to give the parts of your body to be slaves to unclean living. You were becoming more and more evil. Now give your bodies to be slaves to right living. Then you will become holy.
20 Once you were slaves of sin. At that time right living did not control you. 21 What benefit did you gain from doing the things you are now ashamed of? Those things lead to death!
22 You have been set free from sin. God has made you his slaves. The benefit you gain leads to holy living. And the end result is eternal life. 23 When you sin, the pay you get is death. But God gives you the gift of eternal life because of what Christ Jesus our Lord has done.

Blessings!

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KCKID said:
Actually, Jesus is only recorded one time for having made that statement. The problem when fellow human beings use that statement with which to aim at others is that it implies that THEY have given up sin themselves which is, I would think, a lot of hooey. But, perhaps I'm wrong. May I ask for a show of hands from those who are (now) sinless?
Actually, you're wrong. Jesus stated "sin no more" to two distinct individuals on two separate occasions (John 5:14) and (John 8:11). As followers of Christ, we are expected to live in this world but not be conformed to this world's base standard of conduct.

No one here is implying that they are completely "sinless" only that we consciously and contritely make a concerted effort to abide by each and every one of Our Lord's commandments.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
James Forthwright said:
Actually, you're wrong. Jesus stated "sin no more" to two distinct individuals on two separate occasions (John 5:14) and (John 8:11). As followers of Christ, we are expected to live in this world but not be conformed to this world's base standard of conduct.

No one here is implying that they are completely "sinless" only that we consciously and contritely make a concerted effort to abide by each and every one of Our Lord's commandments.
First part: Well, there ya go ...there's always something new to learn. The majority of Christians would not know the reference in John 5:14 because most just parrot the well-known quote in John 8:11. All of us conform to some degree to 'this world's base standard of conduct'. It's impossible not to while still retaining our integrity as a human being. And, at the end of the day, a human being (and not a god) is what we all are. I really don't have a problem being a human being and knowing that I'm imperfect.

Second part: Of course people are implying that they no longer sin every time they aim the John 8:11 quote to others. Otherwise, what would be the point in one sinner telling another sinner not to sin any more? Obviously, the 'teller' really beleves that s/he 'sins no more'. This is the problem one runs into whenever they quote the words from a book. They have made 'the book' their God and NO ONE can conform to ALL of the 'divine' words as found in the Bible unless, of course, it's L-O-V-E. In the case of too many Christians this virtue is one that is sadly lacking. Too many prefer the condemning texts of the Bible. But, only for others, of course!

Nice of you to spare the others from presenting a show of hands, however. ;)

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
KCKID said:
Second part: Of course people are implying that they no longer sin every time they aim the John 8:11 quote to others. Otherwise, what would be the point in one sinner telling another sinner not to sin any more? Obviously, the 'teller' really beleves that s/he 'sins no more'.
-- Obviously you are ill-informed on this. And unfortunately you have shown that once your mind is made up, you feel it is no time to let facts get in the way.

When you witness to a non-believer, you let them know that Jesus expects them to not knowingly and willfully sin.
He expects them to do their very best but - being human - we will all still make mistakes so there will still be sin in our lives.
He says that if we come right away seeking forgiveness, He will grant it fully and we are again made new.

When He said, "Go and sin no more," as with the prostitute, He was letting her know that He expects her to realize she will be sinning if she returns to that practice.

There have only been one or two people to visit this site that have claimed that being a Christian means you never have to sin again. But they are always proven wrong.