Dealing with time zones

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have Windows 7 you can create multiple instances of the clock object (gadget) and program them with different time zones. You can even name your clock names like "Aussie Time" or "NZ Time." You can have as many of them as you have friends in different time zones.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I think all the OS's have that ability. I know on my Ubuntu I have NY, UTC and Israel's time zone on my clock, although I don't display it as a "gadget". Holding the cursor over the time will display those 3 time zones, or as many as I want. I use Israel's time zone because I like to watch the Western Wall cam and always want to know what time it is over there.

Speaking of time, I'm obsessed with all sorts of time. I have 3 (working) sundials in the yard, a pocket sundial, and a few strange clocks in the house here, and a pocket watch on a chain for the dress-up occasions. :D

Axehead

May 9, 2012
tim_from_pa said:
I think all the OS's have that ability. I know on my Ubuntu I have NY, UTC and Israel's time zone on my clock, although I don't display it as a "gadget". Holding the cursor over the time will display those 3 time zones, or as many as I want. I use Israel's time zone because I like to watch the Western Wall cam and always want to know what time it is over there.

Speaking of time, I'm obsessed with all sorts of time. I have 3 (working) sundials in the yard, a pocket sundial, and a few strange clocks in the house here, and a pocket watch on a chain for the dress-up occasions. :D
Hi Tim,

I'm curious: Are you obsessed with time or the mechanics of time and how it all works? That's all. No hidden meaning or motives in what I asked.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Axehead said:
Hi Tim,

I'm curious: Are you obsessed with time or the mechanics of time and how it all works? That's all. No hidden meaning or motives in what I asked.
I guess more of the abstract mechanics, i.e. the motions of the earth that makes what we call time. I'm not too good at taking clocks apart --- I just understand the theory and can adjust any pendulum clock oftentimes on the first try with a little theory and math. So --- the theoretical parts I guess, especially if it involves geometry or trigonometry in some form.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
tim_from_pa said:
I guess more of the abstract mechanics, i.e. the motions of the earth that makes what we call time. I'm not too good at taking clocks apart --- I just understand the theory and can adjust any pendulum clock oftentimes on the first try with a little theory and math. So --- the theoretical parts I guess, especially if it involves geometry or trigonometry in some form.
Thanks for the reply.I;m sure it is very interesting. Certainly is fascinating to me and although I don't have the background in many topics, that does not stop me from enjoying and appreciating them.