Deep Calleth Out

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So you are saying that you forget that jesus said to do unto others as you would have them do to you?

Nonsense. This once learned last a lifetime, no need to go over and over it

So you are happy with a summary. But the honor of kings is to search out a matter.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are happy with a summary. But the honor of kings is to search out a matter.
Actually if a person does not learn simple concepts by adulthood, they are now just wasting time pretending to learn and ought to find a new hobby

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Almighty God saw to it that His words, the words He wanted written down, WERE WRITTEN. The Bible is God’s written word. You do yourself and everyone who reads YOUR words a great disservice by saying otherwise.

The Bible is accepted by Christians as God’s written word. Since you don’t believe this, why are you posting on a Christian forum?
I was wondering that as well as why does he have his status as "Christian"?? God open eyes and soften hearts!

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering that as well as why does he have his status as "Christian"?? God open eyes and soften hearts!
Do all christians read the bible every day for their whole lives? Two religious schools did not require me to even read the bible

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Actually if a person does not learn simple concepts by adulthood, they are now just wasting time pretending to learn and ought to find a new hobby

Name one of God's creations that is simple in its entirety.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I believe in the teachings of Christ, I also believe that adults ought to act like adults and stop pretending to be in Sunday school at some point
Are you worried that your beliefs can not stand up to the full council of God? Have no fear unless you do nothing and believe in a false Christ. The teachings you have spoken of so far are only some of what he said, and others teachings he gave to the apostles and the prophets to say. Some was hidden, and some spoken plainly.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you worried that your beliefs can not stand up to the full council of God? Have no fear unless you do nothing and believe in a false Christ. The teachings you have spoken of so far are only some of what he said, and others teachings he gave to the apostles and the prophets to say. Some was hidden, and some spoken plainly.
Catholics do not believe in the full council of God, whatever that is. I am also not afraid that the rattlesnake will bite me because I never handle venomous snakes

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. - Romans 5:3-5.

When a Christian comes to an end of self and begins to search for their true parent and come to know who they are. You cannot know who you are until you know the true birth parent. How do believers come to an end of self? Having tried everything else to satisfy the longing in their hearts and come up empty time and time again. It sounds almost like they are still lost in the world but they have already been through the world and are now Christian's.

When you look everywhere else and still have the deep longing to know more, to know your father, to know where you come from and who you are. You will have to conclude your adoptive parents can only take you so far and you have a deep desire to know your birth parent. Knowing your true birth parent is the only satisfaction that can come to a believer that will ever satisfy the deep longing to know.

That thing in a believer that keeps them digging is that longing. When it looks like everything could come unwound and you have placed your trust and faith in the word of God, searching, seeking, that is a deep longing. When you believe and wait for the father because you have that deep desire to know. You don't complain you wait on your father because he is all you have, your desire is for him.

Once that longing of deep calling to deep begins in a child of God there is no satisfying that desire to know him except to know him.

The word we use is 'synergy,' and it is working on behalf of every believer at some point. Synergy is how one thing leads to something else like our text says "tribulation leads to patience, and patience to experience and experience to hope." They keep a Christian moving into the deep things of their father. What they see is you cannot get any deeper than Christ in you. You may learn more about it, but you cannot get any deeper than understanding Christ as life.
@soul man

I think that the Psalms can offer examples of the depths of soul's anguish being removed to the heights of blessing and confidence.

Psalm 40.1-3:

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."

Reactions: soul man

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Catholics do not believe in the full council of God, whatever that is. I am also not afraid that the rattlesnake will bite me because I never handle venomous snakes

The full council of God is a biblical concept not so popular these days. It is in the bible, so Catholics should believe it too. We are warned that in the last days people will turn to teachers that tell them what they want to hear. In doing this they neglect or dismiss what they do not want to hear.

I hope you will be able to handle serpents, which represent demons, and that they are not handling you.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The full council of God is a biblical concept not so popular these days. It is in the bible, so Catholics should believe it too. We are warned that in the last days people will turn to teachers that tell them what they want to hear. In doing this they neglect or dismiss what they do not want to hear.

I hope you will be able to handle serpents, which represent demons, and that they are not handling you.
Catholicism does not dwell on the last days and the last council is not taught there. You appear to not to know that some religions do not study the bible as a whole but that they focus just on the new testaments.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Catholicism does not dwell on the last days and the last council is not taught there. You appear to not to know that some religions do not study the bible as a whole but that they focus just on the new testaments.
The full council is a concept from new testament scripture. It isn't taught in churches because they like to ignore the hard parts that may no longer be acceptable to post-modern society. This is done to keep membership and donations up. The old testament contains the prophecies regarding the coming of the messiah, which Jesus fulfilled. In doing this the veracity of the new is dependent on the veracity of the old.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The full council is a concept from new testament scripture. It isn't taught in churches because they like to ignore the hard parts that may no longer be acceptable to post-modern society. This is done to keep membership and donations up. The old testament contains the prophecies regarding the coming of the messiah, which Jesus fulfilled. In doing this the veracity of the new is dependent on the veracity of the old.
So what churches teach this? and are catholics that are not taught this inferior christians because this is not taught.

PS Do not believe either that I will defend everything catholic, because I will not