Deliverance from Calvinism, Cults, Religion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, If the Son shall make you free, you shall be indeed, John 8:36

If you are following Calvinism, a cult, or any kind of a religion, you are not free. Instead, you are in bondage to that religion, whatever it is. Have you not noticed that the early church did not have a name? No one could say I belong to the Catholic church, or I am a Pentecostal. The minute that you put a label on yourself you are bound by that religion.

Jesus makes us free from all religions, this is why he said, "If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36. How does Jesus make us free from all religions? Jesus was the new Adam and the representative of the human race. Everything that Jesus was and everything that Jesus did, he did in our name and on our behalf. We can now say that, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Jesus did not follow after Judaism. Nor did Jesus follow after any religion. Jesus was totally and completely free from laws rules and religion. Jesus full filled every Jot and title of the Law for us, This is why Paul said, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Paul could have said, "Christ is the end of all religions" All that the law demanded was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, having fulfilled it, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

If we are "Complete in Jesus Christ" Then why have you embraced a religion? God only accepted one man into heaven, it was not a Calvinist, nor was it a Catholic. It was our representative, Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day (judgment day) "Lord, Lord, didn't I"? Matthew 7:21-23. Didn't I Join the Catholic church. Didn't I become a Calvinist. Didn't I, Didn't I, Didn't I. They didn't have faith in Christ, they had faith in themselves and in their religion.

Jesus in our name and on our behalf atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Not John Calvin, Not the Pope. Not some man that was a sinner. God required that our representative be without sin. Is your Calvinist representative without sin? Is the pope without sin? What if your representative was wrong, will you follow him into hell? Many will.

Jesus has made us free by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Can you fulfill all that the law demands? Will John Calvin fulfill the law for you? Can your holy man (the Pope) fulfill the law for you? God demands perfection. Is your savior John Calvin perfect, how about the pope? You have rejected your perfect representative Jesus Christ and have embraced heretics to save you. The Son is not going to make you free because you have embraced the doctrine of heretics to save you.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you are following Calvinism, a cult, or any kind of a religion, you are not free. Instead, you are in bondage to that religion, whatever it is. Have you not noticed that the early church did not have a name? No one could say I belong to the Catholic church, or I am a Pentecostal. The minute that you put a label on yourself you are bound by that religion.

Jesus makes us free from all religions, this is why he said, "If the Son has made you free, you shall be free indeed" John 8:36. How does Jesus make us free from all religions? Jesus was the new Adam and the representative of the human race. Everything that Jesus was and everything that Jesus did, he did in our name and on our behalf. We can now say that, "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Jesus did not follow after Judaism. Nor did Jesus follow after any religion. Jesus was totally and completely free from laws rules and religion. Jesus full filled every Jot and title of the Law for us, This is why Paul said, "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. Paul could have said, "Christ is the end of all religions" All that the law demanded was fulfilled by Jesus Christ, having fulfilled it, he abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

If we are "Complete in Jesus Christ" Then why have you embraced a religion? God only accepted one man into heaven, it was not a Calvinist, nor was it a Catholic. It was our representative, Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "Many will say to me on that day (judgment day) "Lord, Lord, didn't I"? Matthew 7:21-23. Didn't I Join the Catholic church. Didn't I become a Calvinist. Didn't I, Didn't I, Didn't I. They didn't have faith in Christ, they had faith in themselves and in their religion.

Jesus in our name and on our behalf atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Not John Calvin, Not the Pope. Not some man that was a sinner. God required that our representative be without sin. Is your Calvinist representative without sin? Is the pope without sin? What if your representative was wrong, will you follow him into hell? Many will.

Jesus has made us free by doing for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. Can you fulfill all that the law demands? Will John Calvin fulfill the law for you? Can your holy man (the Pope) fulfill the law for you? God demands perfection. Is your savior John Calvin perfect, how about the pope? You have rejected your perfect representative Jesus Christ and have embraced heretics to save you. The Son is not going to make you free because you have embraced the doctrine of heretics to save you.
I have been delivered from several things. I was delivered from tobacco. I was delivered from alcohol. Best of all, I was delivered from a life of shame. What have you been delivered from?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't know. You want to be referred to as the Stumpmaster.
I still remove the odd tree stump now and then.

David often wrote about deliverance.

His Song of Deliverance is a beautiful piece of poetry that expresses his gratitude to God for delivering him from his enemies and Saul. Here is an excerpt from the song:
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22:2-4 ESV)
David’s Song of Deliverance is a powerful testament to his faith in God and the strength he drew from it.

Most denominations have a cultic element to them, using whatever emphasis they can to seduce their adherents into thinking they are doing God's Will by conforming to their model.

I was able to exit the Anglican tradition of my parents and ancestors in 1984 at age 30. You could say I was delivered from it.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why are so many against Calvinism which is from one of the Reformers, they made mistakes and didnt get to the fulness of understanding, but does it warrant such continues attacks and hammer blows. We have to teach and correct them where they go wrong and help them to the complete path that leads to God. He wants all his children, the 99 with Him and the 1 that gets lost and deviates from the path...

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Why are so many against Calvinism which is from one of the Reformers, they made mistakes and didnt get to the fulness of understanding, but does it warrant such continues attacks and hammer blows. We have to teach and correct them where they go wrong and help them to the complete path that leads to God. He wants all his children, the 99 with Him and the 1 that gets lost and deviates from the path...
In my experience many in Baptist and Presbyterian congregations don't know their denominations subscribe to Calvinism and don't know who Calvin was. Some that do don't care because the matter is never raised and they are in a comfort zone where they get their social needs met.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Agree about Calvinism which I was delivered from thank God. I had trauma bonded with the denomination due to the way they are selective in whom they we!come, and rejection caused cPTSD till God healed me. I nearly lost my faith due to Calvinism would have me believe that child molestation was His will for me. Good riddance.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree about Calvinism which I was delivered from thank God. I had trauma bonded with the denomination due to the way they are selective in whom they we!come, and rejection caused cPTSD till God healed me. I nearly lost my faith due to Calvinism would have me believe that child molestation was His will for me. Good riddance.
The God of Calvinism is an evil God. Be thankful that you got out of it.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my experience many in Baptist and Presbyterian congregations don't know their denominations subscribe to Calvinism and don't know who Calvin was. Some that do don't care because the matter is never raised and they are in a comfort zone where they get their social needs met.
Many don't care what their church supports. They will care in the judgment when they find out that their church is anti-Christ.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many are going to believe what they want to believe. To hell with the Bible.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear all these names tossed around all the time, but I don't know any of them.
Now you say Isaiah or Jeremiah or Daniel, I know who your talking about.
Or Peter or Paul of John or James. I know these guys.
But Calvin and Wesley and White and I don't even know...
I never took the time to study the people. I only use my time to study the scriptures.

Calvin seems to be making his way around the forum the last couple days though. More than usual.
I wonder why that is?
Hugs

Reactions: Taken

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear all these names tossed around all the time, but I don't know any of them.
I never took the time to study the people. I only use my time to study the scriptures.

Calvin seems to be making his way around the forum the last couple days though. More than usual.
I wonder why that is?
Hugs
If you want to know more about John Calvin, Google "The Recorded Atrocities of John Calvin" and then try to figure out why anyone would follow after him?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I wonder why that is?
Hugs
1705619987225.png

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so predestination is the basis of their doctrine.
Thank you for sharing if this is accurate.

I don't agree with Calvin then. I believe Jesus saves any who believes in him and calls on his name, as he said so himself.

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Hugs

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The God of Calvinism is an evil God. Be thankful that you got out of it.
I am and I will tell you how it happened as it was amazing.

I had started to have doubts about Reformed theology when I noticed that nearly all the members of suchlike churches were well educated, middle class and professionals. I thought 'is God a snob?' My father was a steel worker and I was long term sick from infancy with two abusive marriages. Then I started to look beyond the cherry picked texts and saw that the theology was not biblical. But I continued with the denomination, having moved a couple of times. I certainly did not want to go to charismania.

At the final church I thought - I will stay till God tells me to leave, and having been open and telling the pastor I was an exCalvinist which soon spread and was already having spiritual abuse and marginalization, the devil stepped in in giving me car incidents on the way to church including someone ramming into my side door. I took this as the devil trying to stop me which made me more determined which of course he knew.

Then came withdrawal of membership and excommunication. I was told that at a church meeting (small elderly) they all voted for it. I was accused of disrespecting the elders but when I asked them to explain how I got no answer. I pointed out that I had taken pains to be sure I was in agreement with the list of beliefs of the church, an independent Reformed Baptist but was told that it was 'too loose' and was written in the past.

So I went to another church with my cPTSD and the first time I was there, in the sermon I heard that Paul when tried, in Acts, was allowed to give his defense. I realized that I had been tried without my presence and therefore a kangaroo court, and they were definitely in the wrong. All of a sudden I was released from the bondage.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I wonder why that is?
Hugs

Agree. This guy, that guy, blah, blah, blah….
I have never seen a “church of Calvin” or “book of Calvin”….or “church of Wesley”…
Seems odd, their names get tossed about … then apparently their teachings are ‘secretly’ the basis for some Churches?

Reactions: Ziggy