Demonic Entities

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I just want other people's thoughts on this. We all know that the bible teaches about demons. However, the world (including some of the more liberal Christian groups) don't believe in literal demons. However, they do actually believe in them---- just by another name that maybe escapes us as Christians. I believe these entities are none other than what paranormal investigators call the poltergeist. I know I did mention that a time or two elsewhere.Maybe a tad bit of Halloween on my mind these days, but I do see more and more of a tendency of these entities supposedly appearing in various places.Along that line--- in ancient folklore, one hears about the incubus and succubus demons. In this day and age, that reminds me of what is now call "aliens" doing reproductive experiments, but poltergeists also can do this according to some reports.I just want others' two cents on especially poltergeists, but also similar phenomenon such as aliens, shadow people or whatever else in what is now called paranormal.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
your post Remined me of Legion for some reason a Legion is Approx. 6000 menMark 5 1And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. 2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 10And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. 11Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 12And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea. 14And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done. 15And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 16And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
I do beliebe there are literal devils as the Bible speaks of. You find Jesus casting out devils all through the Bible, and from the passage Christina gave, you even see them conversing with Him. So, I would definetly say yes, there are literal devils(demons as you call them). I personally believe these are the fallen angels that God cast out of heaven. I believe the Bible teaches that. These are the ones that God said he created Hell for.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61436)
I do beliebe there are literal devils as the Bible speaks of. You find Jesus casting out devils all through the Bible, and from the passage Christina gave, you even see them conversing with Him. So, I would definetly say yes, there are literal devils(demons as you call them). I personally believe these are the fallen angels that God cast out of heaven. I believe the Bible teaches that. These are the ones that God said he created Hell for.
Of course there is literal devils. Satan is THE Devil (Revelation 12:9, Revelation 20:2) who is an Angel (Ezekiel 28:14) a fallen angel (Ezekiel 28:15) that is.

Prizm

Nov 1, 2008
Yes, demons are literal and real. Over the years mankind has given types of demons various names - such as poltergeists (demons that make noise or move objects around), incubus and succubus (sexually-focused demons).However overall, they're all demons. And as SoldierForChrist mentioned, I believe they're the fallen angels that were cast out of heaven with Satan.I also believe 'aliens' are demons. The evidence, the experiences that people have, the manifestations, the elusive nature - are all classic demonic activity that people have written about for years, well before the UFO phenomenon.Yes, the majority are hoaxes, however there is a persistent small percentage of sightings and experiences that no one can explain. These accounts are what I'm referring to as paranormal/demonic activity.I personally think this UFO-fad is going to get more and more attention as we near the last days. It seems demons have had enough of throwing glasses around a room, and are now focusing on people's surging belief in UFOs. Only a couple weeks ago, the UK government released a bunch of classified UFO-related documents:http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/Two days later, these people in Turkey released their home video of a 'UFO':http://www.siriusufo.org/tr/?fx=sayfa_ac&u...burgaz_2008.aspWhich, if you research it, is just another fraud. I think they were capitalizing on the UK's release of UFO documents.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Prizm;62806)
Yes, demons are literal and real. Over the years mankind has given types of demons various names - such as poltergeists (demons that make noise or move objects around), incubus and succubus (sexually-focused demons).However overall, they're all demons. And as SoldierForChrist mentioned, I believe they're the fallen angels that were cast out of heaven with Satan.I also believe 'aliens' are demons. The evidence, the experiences that people have, the manifestations, the elusive nature - are all classic demonic activity that people have written about for years, well before the UFO phenomenon.Yes, the majority are hoaxes, however there is a persistent small percentage of sightings and experiences that no one can explain. These accounts are what I'm referring to as paranormal/demonic activity.I personally think this UFO-fad is going to get more and more attention as we near the last days. It seems demons have had enough of throwing glasses around a room, and are now focusing on people's surging belief in UFOs. Only a couple weeks ago, the UK government released a bunch of classified UFO-related documents:http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/Two days later, these people in Turkey released their home video of a 'UFO':http://www.siriusufo.org/tr/?fx=sayfa_ac&u...burgaz_2008.aspWhich, if you research it, is just another fraud. I think they were capitalizing on the UK's release of UFO documents.
Yes I agree 110%. The thing I want to convey I believe is happening is that people mock the existence of the devil or demons, yet they still believe in haunting situations and fail to relate the two. For example, the poltergeist is one type of entity that baffles investigators. They even come up with elaborate theories such as subconscious psychokinesis on the part of an agent (usually a teenage girl with emotional turmoil). However, such a subject can very well be an agent for a demon because their disposition is such that they have their doors wide open for demonic attack---- they probably tend to pick on certain types of people. In addition, since a teenage girl is usually involved, it makes me think of the Genesis 6 story where "sons of God" mated with human women. Although there is differing opinions as to who these sons of God were, and the bible only gives clues, I use apocryphal sources that clearly identify (and even name) these entities as fallen angels, or demons. (Sources like this help me to decide one way or the other what to believe when a doctrine is not clearly understood). Although I personally believe these were wiped out with the flood, there are instances where it is still apparently going on today, and they are yet "trying" whether its a poltergeist acting as an incubus or succubus, an alien doing a reproductive experiment, or whatever else. They all sound similar in that respect. As a matter of fact, they seem so similar to me that I catch myself using paranormal words in lieu of the name 'demon', but they are the same entities.

Prizm

Nov 1, 2008
(tim_from_pa;62809)
Although I personally believe these were wiped out with the flood, there are instances where it is still apparently going on today, and they are yet "trying" whether its a poltergeist acting as an incubus or succubus, an alien doing a reproductive experiment, or whatever else. They all sound similar in that respect.
I have heard of accounts of people assaulted by 'Incubus' and 'Succubus' demons, however never heard of anyone since Bible times having a child due to the experience. I don't believe that's possible anymore. The "sons of God", I believe, took on a fleshly form, and thus we have the offspring talked about in Genesis. Whether it happened again after the flood, I'm not sure, but remember Goliath? He was massive and had six fingers and toes. Also the "giants in the land" as reported to Joshua. Evidence seems to point that it happened again after the flood. Or it was a result of genetic throwback from Noah's ancestors - which I strongly doubt, since God regarded Noah as the most holy person on the earth at the time.An interesting note is that ancient Sumerian gods apparently had six fingers, and taught the people things like how to build, etc. I read in the Book of Enoch that these "sons of God" came down and taught people how to construct weapons, build things, etc. Sounds like the same thing! And no, I don't take the Book of Enoch as canon. However it does have some interesting and insightful writings, and Jude himself quotes the Book of Enoch in Jude 1:14-15.Building on that evidence are a few accounts of 'aliens' who have six fingers. Very interesting.As you mentioned, I believe you need to have opened up a spiritual door in order to have had an experience with the demonic or an 'alien'. Or at least someone close to you like a spouse has opened a door. These kinds of doors I'm talking about are: involvement in forms of the occult (witchcraft, attempting to contact 'relatives'/spirits, arithmancy, numerology, divination, etc), and evidently extreme devotees to religion.I couldn't count the amount of supernatural stories I've read involving demonic activity and extremely devout catholics (those who are kissing/worshiping idols, praying to saints, using rosary beads, etc). Also some very strange accounts by those involved in forms of eastern religion.Unless a supernatural experience edifies a believer and gives glory to God, then it is suspect.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I have heard of accounts of people assaulted by 'Incubus' and 'Succubus' demons, however never heard of anyone since Bible times having a child due to the experience. I don't believe that's possible anymore. The "sons of God", I believe, took on a fleshly form, and thus we have the offspring talked about in Genesis.
I agree, and thankfully so. That's why I used the word "trying" earlier. I think they are just remembering old times so-to-speak when they could do this.
biggrin.gif

An interesting note is that ancient Sumerian gods apparently had six fingers, and taught the people things like how to build, etc. I read in the Book of Enoch that these "sons of God" came down and taught people how to construct weapons, build things, etc. Sounds like the same thing! And no, I don't take the Book of Enoch as canon. However it does have some interesting and insightful writings, and Jude himself quotes the Book of Enoch in Jude 1:14-15.
I have the same stance on Enoch that you do. If it were to say something obviously in contradiction with scripture, then I would side with scripture of course. However, if there is a difficult doctrine, this book and similar ones shed light on the thinking and commentaries they once had. I find that most apocryphal books do not have any serious contradiction of doctrine. As for Enoch, I had this book for almost 25 years now and I found strange things like you mentioned. And besides this, they actually taught women about what we would today call cosmetics. In another passage, I read about a concoction that men had their women drink to make them barren, but helped them to retain their looks and figures so they did not look so old I suppose. Sounds like the start of fashion and Cosmopolitan magazine. Makes one wonder--- even practices that we deem normal today may have had this despicable start to it.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
I completely believe in demons. I believe they are all around this world and cause our sin and temptation. Satan himself is the head demon.I believe Demons can harm you, depending how far away from God you want to go. Rejecting God's existance, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. etc.

jtartar

Mar 14, 2008
(tim_from_pa;61313)
I just want other people's thoughts on this. We all know that the bible teaches about demons. However, the world (including some of the more liberal Christian groups) don't believe in literal demons. However, they do actually believe in them---- just by another name that maybe escapes us as Christians. I believe these entities are none other than what paranormal investigators call the poltergeist. I know I did mention that a time or two elsewhere.Maybe a tad bit of Halloween on my mind these days, but I do see more and more of a tendency of these entities supposedly appearing in various places.Along that line--- in ancient folklore, one hears about the incubus and succubus demons. In this day and age, that reminds me of what is now call "aliens" doing reproductive experiments, but poltergeists also can do this according to some reports.I just want others' two cents on especially poltergeists, but also similar phenomenon such as aliens, shadow people or whatever else in what is now called paranormal.
tim_from_pa, The very worse thing you can do is to deny that wicked spirits exist. This leaves a person open to the attacks of spirits without any recourse or protection. In many parts of the world there is no doubt at all in the people's minds as to whether wicked spirits exist. Many are bothered and even attacked by spirits. The Bible tells us about many wicked spirits, especially in the first century. Jesus caused many to be freed from spirits. Paul especially warned Christians about wicked spirits in the heavenly places. Paul said to put on the complete suit of armour to protect yourself against the machinations of Satan and his demons, Eph 6:11-14. At Rev 12:9, we are told that Satan and his demons have been thrown down to the earth. In the 12th verse we are told, Woe for the earth and the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, because he knows he has but a short time remaining. We are living in that time NOW, The Last Days, 2Tim 3:1-5. There are 39 different signs that prove that we are living in the last days of a system of things. Many are mentioned in the 24 chapter of Matthew chapter 24. True Christians who stay away from all these paranormal things, mentioned at Deut 18:10-14, and who call on the name of the true God,Jehovah, will be protected, Isa 54:17, Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21. Never try to contact a spirit by going to a seance, or by reading books on spiritism, or even buying books or pictures containing things about demons. Spirits sometimes attach themselves to pictures and other objects. Once you have become involved with wicked spirits it is difficuls to free yourself. Remember, there is NO Good spirits that contact people in this time, all are wicked, even the ones called. poltergeists, agathodemons, or any other that try to contact humans.

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
So, now that we have come to the realization that there are demonic spirits. What does God expect us to do about it?What did Jesus do about it?Jesus casts them out of people. People that were possessed and oppressed by demons. Possessed means the demon is strong enough to controll the person. The man in the tombs. Oppressed means the demon has influenced that person but is not in control of that person. Jesus turned and said get the behind me satan, for you are a stumbling block for me! In the natural it would appear that Jesus was talking to Peter one of Jesus' deciples. However, Jesus was talking to the demonic spirit that was influencing Peter.Peter was a follower of Christ and he was influenced by a demon. Most people are influenced by demons and don't know it or refuse to believe it. Because they are a christian!! Do you have fear? God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power (Holy Spirit) love and a sound mind. You'll apprecate the sound mind part so much more after you have had a demon kicked out and it tries to come back. It seems like a battle in the mind. Taking every thought captive that is not in line with Gods word. And replacing it with Gods word.God did not give us a spirit of fear. From that verse we know fear is a spirit, and if it is not from God then who is it from? SATAN!!! A spirit from satan is a demonic spirit. If fear is a demonic spirit then so is:depressionsuicideunworthinesslustpridegreedselfishnessEVERYTHING THAT IS NOT FROM GOD IS A DEMONIC SPIRIT FROM SATAN. That's how satan attacks is through demonic spirits. How does satan get us to believe him over God? He gets us to believe his lies. He wants to influence our thought life. The mouth speaks out that which fills the heart. If we beleive in our hearts the lies of satan then we will speak them. Confess Gods word over your life not the lies of satan. If the doctors say you have cancer what are you going to do? Believe satans lie or believe Gods word? God said you can have whatever it is you say if you believe what it is you are saying. The mouth speaks out that which fills the heart. So, our first step is to confess Gods word over our lives. I do not have the spirit of fear, I do not have the spirit of cancer. The second step is to do what Jesus did. Cast out the spirit of fear, or cancer in the name of Jesus Christ. Then fill ourselves up with the word of God. So, when the demonic spirit tries to come back it does not find an empty house, for the house is full with the word of God. It is occupied with Gods truth and promises.By His stripes we were healed.