Dependant...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5.

The greatest farse in religion today is that God is in the business of straightening out people. If that were the case there would be no cross. Why would God kill His only Son, and depend on you for anything! He doesn't.

If God were to be dependant on humanity.. to make it work.. we would have nothing! being among men most miserable we march on in our attempt to please God.. and be what He has already finished in you! Not changing the tax collector Zacchaeus Jesus spoke and said .. climb down from that tree, I want to have dinner with you. God's business is not to change people, but to dwell in them as their life. Exchange came by the cross, and you seeing that will change you.

Paul put it in another term "I'm determined not to know nothing among you, but Christ and him crucified." That doesn't mean anything to religion.. never has and never will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. - Proverbs 3:5.

The greatest farse in religion today is that God is in the business of straightening out people. If that were the case there would be no cross. Why would God kill His only Son, and depend on you for anything! He doesn't.

If God were to be dependant on humanity.. to make it work.. we would have nothing! being among men most miserable we march on in our attempt to please God.. and be what He has already finished in you! Not changing the tax collector Zacchaeus Jesus spoke and said .. climb down from that tree, I want to have dinner with you. God's business is not to change people, but to dwell in them as their life. Exchange came by the cross, and you seeing that will change you.

Paul put it in another term "I'm determined not to know nothing among you, but Christ and him crucified." That doesn't mean anything to religion.. never has and never will.
@soul man While faith and trust are technically and lexicographically distinct, yet their meanings are so close to one another and meditating on both complement each other so well... :)

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man While faith and trust are technically and lexicographically distinct, yet their meanings are so close to one another and meditating on both complement each other so well... :)

Well said.. knowledge is knowledge. Where we get knowledge is a difference. What happens in these kind of settings is the way people interpret what you say. I don't say everything we have in knowledge is Spirit taught knowledge, but what I say is; Spirit taught knowledge is revelation. That is absolute.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man For that Scriptural knowledge to be Spirit-led and heart-received is an essential blessing...

Most don't care about content or a point you may try to make.. they look to see if it fits what they believe and pouch at first opportunity - so you take them with a dose of salt as they say. Strange birds we are :)

Reactions: farouk