Will You Die in Your Sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to the religious Pharisees, "You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins, John 8:23-24.

The Pharisees could not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, the promised Messiah. They said, "Is this not Joseph's son?"

In my early Christian life, I had trouble believing that Jesus was God, but after a few years of Bible study I concluded that in order for Jesus to do what he did he had to be God. Only God can atone for the sins of the whole world. Only God can raise the dead. It was the raising of Lazurus that made the Pharisees decide that they had to kill Jesus. They said, "If we don't kill him the whole world will follow after him, and we will lose our place".

All of the Pharisees died in their sins because they could not believe that Jesus was the Christ. They were blinded by their religion; Jesus did not fit into their religious profile. The ones that accepted Jesus were the whores, criminals and tax collectors. The Pharisees accused Jesus of being a wine bibber and a friend of sinners. It was the sinners that believed in him.

If we die in our sins, there is not a second chance. There is nothing about a purgatory in the Bible, that is another Catholic fairy tale. If you die in your sins you will be judged in your sins and condemned. God is holy beyond human comprehension. He will judge sin wherever he finds it. The cross of Christ should literally scare the hell out of people. God is a God of law and judgment. This is why he sent Jesus into the world to be the savior of the world, John 3:17.

The whole world is under condemnation, Romans 3:19. The good news of the Gospel is that Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. It is God's great free gift for everyone, Ephesians 2:8. But he is not going to force you to believe in him, you will have to come to him by your own free will.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said to the religious Pharisees, "You are from beneath; I am from above: you are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he, you shall die in your sins, John 8:23-24.

The Pharisees could not believe that Jesus was the Son of God, the promised Messiah. They said, "Is this not Joseph's son?"

In my early Christian life, I had trouble believing that Jesus was God, but after a few years of Bible study I concluded that in order for Jesus to do what he did he had to be God. Only God can atone for the sins of the whole world. Only God can raise the dead. It was the raising of Lazurus that made the Pharisees decide that they had to kill Jesus. They said, "If we don't kill him the whole world will follow after him, and we will lose our place".

All of the Pharisees died in their sins because they could not believe that Jesus was the Christ. They were blinded by their religion; Jesus did not fit into their religious profile. The ones that accepted Jesus were the whores, criminals and tax collectors. The Pharisees accused Jesus of being a wine bibber and a friend of sinners. It was the sinners that believed in him.

If we die in our sins, there is not a second chance. There is nothing about a purgatory in the Bible, that is another Catholic fairy tale. If you die in your sins you will be judged in your sins and condemned. God is holy beyond human comprehension. He will judge sin wherever he finds it. The cross of Christ should literally scare the hell out of people. God is a God of law and judgment. This is why he sent Jesus into the world to be the savior of the world, John 3:17.

The whole world is under condemnation, Romans 3:19. The good news of the Gospel is that Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. It is God's great free gift for everyone, Ephesians 2:8. But he is not going to force you to believe in him, you will have to come to him by your own free will.
Many will die in their sins because they don't believe that Jesus has saved them from their sins, instead they have chosen to save themselves through works, laws and religion. Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. They will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, in Matthew 7:21-23.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will die in their sins because they don't believe that Jesus has saved them from their sins, instead they have chosen to save themselves through works, laws and religion. Religion is anti-Gospel and anti-Christ. They will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, in Matthew 7:21-23.
you forgot the biggest lie that is now gathering all faiths and religoins to merge as one .
THE LIE that calleth itself love and implies that if one has this love it preaches THAT ALONE is the way to GOD .
YEAH , dONT forget that . ITS WORKS my friend . but they call it love .
OH if one just loves it dont matter what they beleived , what religion they followed . WHAT A LIE FROM HADES
and yet its the lie that most of christendom and the world are now buying into ................

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you forgot the biggest lie that is now gathering all faiths and religoins to merge as one .
THE LIE that calleth itself love and implies that if one has this love it preaches THAT ALONE is the way to GOD .
YEAH , dONT forget that . ITS WORKS my friend . but they call it love .
OH if one just loves it dont matter what they beleived , what religion they followed . WHAT A LIE FROM HADES
and yet its the lie that most of christendom and the world are now buying into ................
Be thankful that you didn't buy into that lie. Billions have and are lost. "Many will say to me on that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, didn't I" Matthew 7:21-23. They thought that it was all about them and their religion. Kind of like the Pharisees.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be thankful that you didn't buy into that lie. Billions have and are lost. "Many will say to me on that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, didn't I" Matthew 7:21-23. They thought that it was all about them and their religion. Kind of like the Pharisees.
But many have bought into the lie to at least some degree . And if they continue under it will be damned .
This is gonna sting , perhaps offend big time but do allow me some parting words.
IF ya church heeds NAR prophets , seeker friendly , rick warren and the purpose driven lie
emergent , bridge builders , findingcomon ground , building bridiges, alpha course
hollers judge not a lot , is big time focused on unity , healing the wound , community builders
rainbow holders , prosperity gospel , ITS ALREADY HEADED RIGHT INTO THE LIE and the father of lies .
That was a generalizing , the list is WAY FAR MORE LONGER than that .
IF your church runs off folks who bring in doctrine and sayeth judge not , YOU BETTER watch out .
IF certain sins are not made mention of , WATCH OUT , if certain sins seem protected and over looked , WATCH OUT .
if your church has become focused on social justice watch out . This list is so long i wont be able to type it .
BUT if you notice your preachers talking a lot about how we are all sinners and use that to not correct sin within the church
but rather put the emphasis on overlooking it , GET THE HELL OUT OF THAT CHURCH ITS OF THE DEVIL .
NEVER ONCE expect me to say otherwise . leaders should be well above all that by the time they even step up to lead a church .

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But many have bought into the lie to at least some degree . And if they continue under it will be damned .
This is gonna sting , perhaps offend big time but do allow me some parting words.
IF ya church heeds NAR prophets , seeker friendly , rick warren and the purpose driven lie
emergent , bridge builders , findingcomon ground , building bridiges, alpha course
hollers judge not a lot , is big time focused on unity , healing the wound , community builders
rainbow holders , prosperity gospel , ITS ALREADY HEADED RIGHT INTO THE LIE and the father of lies .
That was a generalizing , the list is WAY FAR MORE LONGER than that .
IF your church runs off folks who bring in doctrine and sayeth judge not , YOU BETTER watch out .
IF certain sins are not made mention of , WATCH OUT , if certain sins seem protected and over looked , WATCH OUT .
if your church has become focused on social justice watch out . This list is so long i wont be able to type it .
BUT if you notice your preachers talking a lot about how we are all sinners and use that to not correct sin within the church
but rather put the emphasis on overlooking it , GET THE HELL OUT OF THAT CHURCH ITS OF THE DEVIL .
NEVER ONCE expect me to say otherwise . leaders should be well above all that by the time they even step up to lead a church .
You just described the organized church.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just described the organized church.

I would guess many people feel a safety net covers every building calling itself a CHURCH, with an expectation outside of that building contact with the same people is as well a carry over safety net, and shocked to discover that is not true.

Fact is the world, including Churches are full of Sinners, a few Forgiven Sinners, and many Unforgiven sinners.

Jesus came to Offer the sinners OF the world a WAY to obtain Salvation, to be IN the world but not OF the world. Few will accept His Offering, Many will reject His Offering….and the same will sit side by side in man-made Churches.

Jesus’ Offering is to Come into His Church, which IS Christ, who IS world wide and not contained within 4 walls of a man-made structure.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would guess many people feel a safety net covers every building calling itself a CHURCH, with an expectation outside of that building contact with the same people is as well a carry over safety net, and shocked to discover that is not true.

Fact is the world, including Churches are full of Sinners, a few Forgiven Sinners, and many Unforgiven sinners.

Jesus came to Offer the sinners OF the world a WAY to obtain Salvation, to be IN the world but not OF the world. Few will accept His Offering, Many will reject His Offering….and the same will sit side by side in man-made Churches.

Jesus’ Offering is to Come into His Church, which IS Christ, who IS world wide and not contained within 4 walls of a man-made structure.

Glory to God,
Taken
The problem is many within them walls have taken the peoples back to the serpent at the tree .
The serpent who said , Has GOD really said , nay nay and they believe the serpent over what GOD and CHRIST Did say .
The dark one can use any word , and i think folks forget that . Make no mistake about it my friend .
The devil can say GOD is love , but the love it then teaches will lead them far from GOD and into false hope
and a very large broad path to , well TO SATAN . cause lets face it , THERE BE ONLY ONE WAY , NARROW PATH to GOD .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . That used to be the gospel in churches , but it has been replaced more and more
with the all inclusive false one . Believe me when i say this , IT AINT AT ALL GONNA BODE
well for any and all who believed that lie .

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
Christ's church is not composed of a building or a structure. It is a spiritual entity that transcends all religions and religious denominations. It is an invisible church. Jesus is the only one that knows who the members are.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is true that all who live and die without Christ shall die in their sins. When we read that Christ is the Saviour of the whole world, and the Saviour of all people without exception, how will those who die in their sins be saved through Him? If some live and die in their sins, how has Christ "provided salvation for everyone"?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's church is not composed of a building or a structure. It is a spiritual entity that transcends all religions and religious denominations. It is an invisible church. Jesus is the only one that knows who the members are.

Correct.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
AMEN!!!

1700847294610.gif

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is true that all who live and die without Christ shall die in their sins. When we read that Christ is the Saviour of the whole world, and the Saviour of all people without exception, how will those who die in their sins be saved through Him? If some live and die in their sins, how has Christ "provided salvation for everyone"?
If you die in your sins, that's it, you are lost. There is no second chance. That is why today is the day of salvation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 17:20-21. Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, nor will they say, 'Look, here it is! ' or 'There! ' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you die in your sins, that's it, you are lost. There is no second chance. That is why today is the day of salvation.

Then why do you not say this? The only way to reconcile how Christ provided salvation for everyone, is in understanding everyone is only everyone who believes? Yes? In other words, the atoning work through the sacrificial life, death and resurrection of Christ is not dependent upon any one particular race who believe in Him but is also for Gentiles who believe in Him! In this manner we eliminate apparent contradiction in the Word of God.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17:20-21. Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, he answered them, “The kingdom of God is not coming in ways that can be observed, nor will they say, 'Look, here it is! ' or 'There! ' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you.
That scripture only pertains to born again believers. The law keeping, Christ rejecting Pharisees wanted no part of Jesus.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you not say this? The only way to reconcile how Christ provided salvation for everyone, is in understanding everyone is only everyone who believes? Yes? In other words, the atoning work through the sacrificial life, death and resurrection of Christ is not dependent upon any one particular race who believe in Him but is also for Gentiles who believe in Him! In this manner we eliminate apparent contradiction in the Word of God.
Salvation is available to everyone that wants it. If you don't want it, it is not yours.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
Hey , taken , friend. there is a lonely response to your post . Its needs some loving on my friend.
Try not to laugh . But i said this for a reason . Now go back and read my repsonse and if i be in error tell me