Developing Your Spiritual Gifts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
Does anyone know any resources to further develop the gift of exhortation/prophecy? (speaking truth to encourage others to get their life right--sometimes the gifts are given different titles) I have this gift and have used it amongst believers when prompted by the Holy Spirit, but I want to learn more about it so that I can use it more--even with non-believers in order to bring others to Christ :)

I found that John the Baptist was considered an exhorter, and that was very helpful, but there are only about 5 short chapters worth on his preaching...

Feel free to submit resources about other gifts as well! (Any stories of how you have used your spiritual gifts would be awesome too!)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Does anyone know any resources to further develop the gift of exhortation/prophecy? (speaking truth to encourage others to get their life right--sometimes the gifts are given different titles) I have this gift and have used it amongst believers when prompted by the Holy Spirit, but I want to learn more about it so that I can use it more--even with non-believers in order to bring others to Christ :)

I found that John the Baptist was considered an exhorter, and that was very helpful, but there are only about 5 short chapters worth on his preaching...

Feel free to submit resources about other gifts as well! (Any stories of how you have used your spiritual gifts would be awesome too!)

Here is a very good book on prophetic ministry http://austin-sparks.net/english/books/prophetic_ministry.html . Of all the books on this subject that I have read this is by far the best IMO.
smile.gif

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your gift is part of your sanctification - practice it as much a you can! We certainly need it and so does your heart. God is working on you using this gift - how exciting!

I do have a story I can share on this topic - unfortunately, it is about me 'burying the treasure' God gave me to manage and develop. God called me to be a counselor - to connect with people and to communicate and listen effectively. Instead of trusting God, I looked around to other counselors and devalued the profession......not realizing that God was really calling me to spend my life serving my neighbor in this manner. So, I basically acted like Jonah for 20 years before facing the fact that counseling is part of God's plan for the sanctification of my heart and loving my neighbor. Finally, I stopped fighting the process and started practicing it.

Peace

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
Exhorting is like... encouraging others but in a way that brings conviction... it's giving the truth to people even when they don't want to hear it (like calling them out on a sin--privately of course, and when GOD prompts)

I'm just looking for resources that can help me learn how to use my gift more. I use it on Christians, but I bet it could work for non-christians too... I was wondering if anyone had any experience or books they've read that can help me learn from believers that have gone before me (as I'm still pretty young, I enjoy taking from the "older and wiser")

Thanks!

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exhorting is like... encouraging others but in a way that brings conviction... it's giving the truth to people even when they don't want to hear it (like calling them out on a sin--privately of course, and when GOD prompts)

I'm just looking for resources that can help me learn how to use my gift more. I use it on Christians, but I bet it could work for non-christians too... I was wondering if anyone had any experience or books they've read that can help me learn from believers that have gone before me (as I'm still pretty young, I enjoy taking from the "older and wiser")

Thanks!

Not meaning to butt in,,,,,,,the Holy Spirit is your ultimate guide on this subject, however,,,,

I just want to applaud your caution......you have a powerful gift......you really do need to use caution (pray for God's discernment) because your gift is so confrontational,,,,,,I will pray for you!!

Peace

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

Thanks!

With all respect you have become a Christian in order to apply Christianity to yourself. You did not become a Christian to change others.

Human nature wants us to change everybody else , but never ourselves.

Think about it.

Martin.

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
With all respect you have become a Christian in order to apply Christianity to yourself. You did not become a Christian to change others.

Human nature wants us to change everybody else , but never ourselves.

Think about it.

Martin.

You're right that human nature wants us to change everyone else, but if we never tell others when they are in sin the whole world would go to hell. God tells us to rebuke our fellow Christians who are in sin, I know I sure want others to keep me accountable! Keeping your faith to yourself is unbiblical. It's selfish to keep it to yourself, don't you agree?

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
in the kingdom of heaven right now
If this be true -- (Eph 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies in Christ;
And if this be true -- (Luk 12:48) But he not knowing, and doing things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For to whomever much is given, of him much shall be required. And to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
And if this be true -- (Luk 17:9) Does he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I think not. (Luk 17:10) So likewise you, when you shall have done all the things commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants, for we have done what we ought to do.
And this also --
(1Co 2:12) But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.

Then how ought we to live?
Should we not be "developing" all spiritual things because (Col 2:10) you are complete in Him, who is the Head of all principality and power,
If this be true -- (1Co 2:16) we have the mind of Christ.

then should we not be powerful in the spirit and the kingdom? Should we not be "bearing much fruit"?

why then do we have the same statistics as the damned?

why is it that every believer thinks that they have the truth, when the statistics prove otherwise?

Who then is actually qualified to speak on devloping our spiritual gifts, when we can't even be different than the damned, but still insist that we are?

show me the money.

"they must first be tested".

by the statistics, very, very few have come close to passing the test.

But we all state that we have

somebody's a liar.

th proof is staring us in the face, just like it did Saul before Samuel.

But I know for a fact, that almost all of you will still insist that you are obeyig God.

Do you do all that God has commanded you? Even if you do, Christ said that you are still an unprofitable servant to God. Not worth having.

Can this possibly be true -- "I am the door. No man enters but by me."
And this also -- (Luk 13:23-27) And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them, Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able. And once the Master of the house has risen up and has shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us, and He shall answer and say to you, I do not know you; from where are you; then you shall begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You have taught in our streets. But He shall say, I tell you, I do not know you; from where you are. Depart from Me, all workers of unrighteousness!

then this is what was being spoken of when God said this -- (Mar 7:6) But He answered and said to them, Well has Isaiah prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, "This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.

perhaps by their fruit we really can know them?

Pearls.

Swine.

Trampling the righteous even as they prove things with scripture and facts of life.

Christ was right, wasn't He?

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
RE: Surf Rider
That was full of scriptures and poetic and all... but I didn't understand your point--at all. Sorry.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
You're right that human nature wants us to change everyone else, but if we never tell others when they are in sin the whole world would go to hell. God tells us to rebuke our fellow Christians who are in sin, I know I sure want others to keep me accountable! Keeping your faith to yourself is unbiblical. It's selfish to keep it to yourself, don't you agree?

Something like that , but here is how I see it....

We should tell others the consequences of sin and then try to lead them to the savior.
At that point the Holy Spirit in that Christian can deal with the sin in that Christian,
It is not for you to do it , and not for me to do it.
You and I should be busy dealing with our own personal sins as the Spirit convicts us and reminds us .

We find it much harder to deal with our own imperfections and much easier to point out and preach about somebody else's imperfections.

Most people are the same. These actions come from our sinful nature .We are hypocrites yet we continue full steam ahead trying to fix everybody else..

Martin

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
Something like that , but here is how I see it....

We should tell others the consequences of sin and then try to lead them to the savior.
At that point the Holy Spirit in that Christian can deal with the sin in that Christian,
It is not for you to do it , and not for me to do it.
You and I should be busy dealing with our own personal sins as the Spirit convicts us and reminds us .

We find it much harder to deal with our own imperfections and much easier to point out and preach about somebody else's imperfections.

Most people are the same. These actions come from our sinful nature .We are hypocrites yet we continue full steam ahead trying to fix everybody else..

Martin

2 Timothy 4:2
[sup]2[/sup]preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. [sup]3[/sup]For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,

Yes, it is true that the Holy Spirit should be the main one to point out areas of sin, but it is also our job too if they are not listening to the Holy Spirit... but I think exhortation (my gifting) is not so much to point out "You're WRONG!" but to also show them how they can serve God even more than they already are, to see they're potential, and to encourage them in love to be the best follower of Christ they can be. This MAY include removal of sin, but also laying aside hindrances, and just plain old encouragement.

I do however disagree with your wording of "[We] should be busy dealing with our own personal sins as the Spirit convicts us and reminds us" ... God's plan for us is not to be "busy" dealing with our own sin-- YES we should always look at the plank in our own eye before removing specks out of anothers' eye... but Bible says in Hebrews 6:1 that repentance from dead works is ELEMENTARY teaching! To God that's a basic thing, not something we should spend most of our time on. --but I think it's just how you worded it, not necessarily how you meant it.

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
So... instead of summarizing and clarifying you choose to be sarcastic? How is this helpful?

I wasn't being sarcastic. When I read your post, I had to pause, as I didn't know what to say, really. For one, it was actually the perfect example of what I had posted about. So I was just honest about it. I prefer not to lie. Second, I wondered if I should post that reply, or not. As I saw it, no matter what I would post in reply, you wouldn't be happy about it. But perhaps I was wrong. So let me try to do as you've implied that you would have preferred from me, and I try to explain it.

1) I see that many, if not the vast majority, of believers don't believe a lot of the bible. This is for various reasons that I've heard, seen, and read. So I touched on that in my post. One of the reasons that many don't believe it all, is that it doen't fit their life. Somehow, they think that they should read the bible in light of their life, and understand the bible in light of their life. I find that to be backwards. Another reason that many don't believe it all, is that they've been taught to be that way by other believers, typically by spiritual leaders. However, isn't the end, the fruit, the spiritual life and state of a person the same for both cases? The reason for it really makes no difference, as it has the same results in a person's life. Another reason that many don't believe it all is that they think that there are valid reasons not to, such as "science", archeology, etc.. Again, the end result is the same. The fruit of one's life is the same, no matter the reason for not believing it all. Another reason that many don't believe it all is that they see "contradictions", and not being willing to learn from God how these "contradictions" are explained in the word of God, they have opted to become judge on it and dismiss that which they choose to dismiss. Again, the result is the same in a person's life.

That kind of fits the OT law of Moses, where God gave laws for sins that were knowingly committed, and sins that were committed without them knowing that they had sinned. There is indeed a different heart reason for the sin being committed, and God sees this and grants latitude for the ones who have sinned in ignorance, yet they are still guilty of sin and He makes sure that they know that, too.

2) I see that many cannot read the word of God by themselves -- they have to have "aides". That is not of God. In fact, scripture is dead set against it. But those scriptures aren't believed, just as many others are not. Thus, it is a moot topic to discuss. That's why I mentioned Saul and Samuel in the previous post. Saul did that very thing: everyone could see the facts out in the open, but Saul insisted that he had done, and was doing God's command, and that his heart was right before God. But everyone could see that the facts proved Saul to be self deceived and spiritually bankrupt. I find that the preponderance of believers do the same thing -- it's just that they do it on different topics of the word of God. Homosexuals have their topic that they do this with in the word of God. to the extent that we have homosexual "christians" and "churches". Adulterers likewise, to the extent that a large percentage of believers are living in adultery, having divorced and remarried. And the list seems to just go on and on and on.

3) When someone speaks up about these things, and uses the very clear and blunt word of God in doing so, they are condemned. Often words are thrown at them such as unloving, unChristlike, unChristian, etc.. But it is God Himself who uses the strongest words, and he uses them against those who do and condone the sins that are being spoken agains with scripture. Again, many are just like Saul. The proof is staring us in the face. But they still vehemently deny this fact.

4) The fruit of believers, ie, they statistics that we see regarding Christendom, are no better than the unsaved statistics regarding morality. If our statistics are the same as the unsaved statistics, our beliefs cannot be correct. To hold that they are, when we have just as wicked fruit as the damned, is mind boggling. And example of this state in our society, and Christendom, is this: when I was doing concrete work for the state, repouring concrete sidewalks in a public location, I had barricades up, signs up, flagging up, and caution tape cordoning it all off. But that makes no differece to people. They would deliberately go past the signs, around the barricades, and over/under the caution tape, and walk in the freshly poured concrete. One person even stated that they hadn't walked in the concrete, even though they had done that right in front of me and my crew, and they had wet concrete on their shoes! We saw them do it. They had the evidence on their shoes. But they still insisted that they didn't do it.

Just how stupid do people really think everyone is? Are they that accustomed to making up lies that they expect everyone else to believe them too? Apparently.

And this is the state of Christendom, generally speaking.

In summary, the proof is in the pudding: Christendom has wrong beliefs, or they'd have the totally victorious and godly life and thoughts that would prove their beliefs to be true. But they don't, do they? They have the same statistics as the unsaved. Therefore, I know for a fact that their beliefs are not correct. And when I write these things on a forum, all sorts of nasty responses, ignoring, etc. is done to me. Fine. They did that to Christ, too. All I have to do is give scripture that condemns them, that proves that they fall short, and boy oh boy, do they ever let me know how unChristlike I am, and how Godly they are. Kind of backwards, though.

So yes, they ignore much scirpture. And scripture that is contrary to their thoughts, speech, actions. And if they are cornederd and will feel ashamed by not responding to the scripture that condemns their hypocrisy and their life, they try to argue it away. Those that are really good at that, having much practice and training in that, even try to use scirpture to do so. Amazing.

Here's an example of that: (1Co 2:16) For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
One poster here rebuked me and stated that I was spiritually deficient when I said that I had the mind of Christ. They obviously don't, and thus they condemn everyone else to being just like them. Remember the school kid that always did the same thing? Everyone saw that they were a phony, but that didn't change anything, did it?

Here's another example of believers not believing parts of the bible: (1Jo 3:6) Everyone who abides in Him does not sin. Everyone who sins has not seen Him nor known Him.
And here's another scripture: (1Jo 3:9) Everyone who has been born of God does not commit sin, because His seed remains in him, and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.
And here's another scirpture: (1Jo 5:18) We know that everyone who has been born of God does not continue to sin, but the one born of God guards himself, and the evil one does not touch him.

Do you know of even one believer who actually, fully believes those verses? And lives them? You don't, do you? And so they all negate these verses, or try to explain them away. That is calling God a liar, deleting some scriptures, calling others who understand and are actually, truly "more than conquerors in Christ Jesus" hypocrites, when they themselves are the hypocrites because they say that they know God but don't live these statements of God regarding those who know God. They themselves are the hypocrites, because they don't believe all of the word of God, which word of God they tell everone that they believe.

Here's another one: they don't believe in six days of creation, when even basic reading in any translation, or even in Hebrew, leaves no room for anything but six days. Those who have enough integrity to admit this obvious truth, but still want to believe otherwise, try to put some sort of gap theory in there. They are trying to cover they disbelief while at the same time believing. Weird. God said that a double minded person is unstable in all their spiritual ways.

So I ask you: if a double minded person in unstable in all their spiritual ways, (God does not lie), when we look at the statistics of Christendom we see the result of this doublemindedness. Just look at the wicked statistics. They are the proof. God said that they are the proof: by their fruit you will know them, and judge every tree by its fruit, and every tree is known by it's fruit. It was stated three times in those very blunt words by God. But we don't believe that either, it seems: those who do this are condemned as being unloving and ungodly and self-righteous.

Then, to top it all off, I see that these same people speak as if they know the scriptures, speak as if they believe God and know God, and speak as if they have spiritual understanding, when the word of God states that they don't understand, they don't know God, and they speak of that which the know not scripture states. God says that they are blind, and that they lead the blind. I believe it. And I accept the proof that is staring us in the face. I will not be like Saul. And I will not be like the people that turned the eye to the naked king. That is wrong.

Scripture states that those who have no spiritual understanding try to hide this by many words that they speak in pretense. I find this to be true. God doesn't lie, does He? So many posters insist on posting on things which they obviously do not understand, and this is quickly seen.

And if someone with understanding comes along and speaks up, they are jumped on for it, and condemned as being ungodly, Amazing. I've seen righteous, truly and completely victorious believers on a number of forums who have been ridden off of the forum by the hypocrites -- everyone else. Some of the others have enough spiritual sense to recognize a person who lives true and constant victory in their life, and thus has the understanding of the scirptures that accompany such a spiritual life, and do not jump on the bandwagon of the hypocrites in condemning that righteous person. But they are clearly not the majority. God spoke of them, too, when He stated that many of the Pharisees also believed, but remaind silent because the loved the praise of man more than the praise of God. It's that doubleminded thing again. Apparently God knows this to be true of many who profess Him, and so He told us about it a number of times, even giving us a bunch of examples, both old and new testament. I prefer to believe it all, and apply it all. If we don't believe it, it is useless to us. If we say that we believe it, but don't apply it, it is equally useless, and our belief that we say that we have, is fake. As one apostle stated, "can such a faith save a man?" The obvious answer to that rhetorical question is a most emphatic NO!

And it is those who have the true life of complete spiritual/moral victory that have understanding of spiritual things. Those who are sinful do not have understanding of righteousness, or God Himself is a liar. The scriptures are rife with this common sense truth. Again, the facts stare Christendom in the face, the statistics are there for even the damned to mock, but Christendom completely insists that it is not that way. Crazy.

And every believer claims that they are the exception, that they are not this way. Even crazier.

Thus, the portion of my post at the end, such as "pearls" "swine", etc.. Again, God doesn't lie, does He? And even when these things are proven to be true, and repeatedly so on forums, the wicked insist on continuing on in their wickedness, blind to the light that was in their midst.

Christ said that it would be this way, so those who know Him and live that true life of victory expect it to happen to them, too. Christ said that it would. And we have seen that Christ and God never, ever lie, and never ever state things that are to be ignored by anyone. Even if they claim to be a mature Christian. Which is most.

God is not a respecter of persons. And neither are His true children.

So that's why I considered that no matter how I replied to your short post, I would be condemned. I chose the short reply first. My apologies. I also lumped you in with the typical believer, like most of the other posters on the forum. Again, my apologies.

I hope that I was very wrong.

Have a good week.

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks!! That makes a lot more sense now! (I'm only a college kid, so I don't always get abstract language... haha) I also think I was just confused at what exactly you were responding to since my original post had to do with asking for advice on how to develop my spiritual gifts more... but then it turned into "You can't exhort! That's God's job...", "You're being judgemental, Jesus said not to do that.." etc. (which goes along EXACTLY with your post about how believers no longer believe the Word of God...) So sorry if I came off as rude... I genuinely meant that I didn't understand your post--and I read it more than once so I could..

Do you know of even one believer who actually, fully believes those verses? And lives them? You don't, do you? And so they all negate these verses, or try to explain them away. That is calling God a liar, deleting some scriptures, calling others who understand and are actually, truly "more than conquerors in Christ Jesus" hypocrites, when they themselves are the hypocrites because they say that they know God but don't live these statements of God regarding those who know God. They themselves are the hypocrites, because they don't believe all of the word of God, which word of God they tell everone that they believe.

Oh man, I wish you could come to my area.. there are SO many people who are living it right! (But more doing it wrong, of course) My group of friends and I LOVE 1 John! It breaks it down real simple how to tell who are the real Christians--those who don't CONTINUE to sin. It doesn't say we NEVER sin again.. but it's no longer a continual sin, and we don't make excuses for our sin by saying "I'm just a sinner saved by grace." It's sad how the church doesn't believe it is possible to live without sin. We think we are still trapped by the sinful nature, but we aren't! We will ALWAYS have temptation, but the last time I checked our God is a victorious God who is bigger than temptation and He lives in US! (How cool, right??) We live so much in defeat, forgetting that Christ died for our bondage to sin! It is broken once you put your trust in Him! :)

I'm beginning to get frazzled by these posters here too at times... We shouldn't have to defend what the Bible clearly states to other believers... I was hoping to be encouraged by these posts, but most seem to be just arguments and debates. I would have loved to see where people are posting what God is doing in their area and sharing their latest bouts with sharing their faith, and revelations God has given them, dreams God reveals to us (not me though, I haven't gotten those yet--just my friends), and healings going on, deliverances going on! But it's all debates on BASIC doctrine! It saddens me... But your post was encouraging to know that someone else feels the same way. I hate that in text you can't determine the tone... I tend to read most with a stuck up tone, and people probably read mine that way too... but I right it being gentle. (I also always read it as if a male wrote it... but I know that's not always true! haha)

Anyway.. I genuinely wish you a good day :) Please read this post with a bubbly tone (sometimes serious/pleasant) if you didn't the first time.

Thanks!

am

Surf Rider

Dec 17, 2009
Blessings.

Regarding developing spiritual gifts, you do have all of them, I believe, but I realize that I'm the odd duck out with that belief. Some are given for ministration of the body of Christ, and all the other are for the building of the body of Christ via the unsaved. The former is for those who are already saved, for the edifying and equiping of the saints, and thus they are specifically to be used for that, and the scriptures thus speak of them in that light, and clearly so. The rest we each have in like fullness, yet they are not for the purpose of the former mentioned gift(s), but for the increasing of the kingdom of God. Scriptures speak to this also. However, unless I'm grossly mistaken, Christendom doesn't see this at all in the word, even though it's clearly stated by the Spirit. It deeply grieves me to see believers limiting God in their life by this most common of myths in Christendom. Indeed, we are to be complete and lacking nothing, fully equiped for every good work in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, for the praise and glory of God the Father. Amen!

Anyhow, Christ said to get out there and do more with what you've got. That develops it. Nothing else devolops it. That's why Christ sent them out, then taught them after they got back. It's just like anything else in life -- they are only improved by doing them. Practice. Practice. Practice. And the only way to practice you gifts is by doing them, but using them for God. We do this for learning to write, learning to count, learning to read, learning to drive, learning to dress, etc..

That means that initially, we will make numerous mistakes as we learn. This is spoken of in Acts, when it says that Paul went out there constantly and grew daily in the doing of it. If you want to grow spiritually, go out there and witness, then come back and study up on where you blew it, where people cornered your beliefs that you couldn't reply acceptably to, etc.. And when that is done in much prayer and fasting, just like they did in the NT, then you will grow just like the apostles did in the NT, and you will have the fruit just like they did, the total victory just like they did, the spiritual power just like they did, etc..

The typical believer doesn't go do. They faith cannot save them, and it proves it for all to see, but them.

Get out there and do for God, and you will grow like nobody's business, because that's what God actually demands of us. And if we don't do that, we are lost even when we think that we are saved. Christ spoke of this very often and bluntly. Read Luke 17. If all we ever do is what God commands us, (love one another, etc.), God says that we are useless to Him, and as such, we will receive eternal damnation. But that doesn't fit Christendom's beliefs. But then again, who cares what most Christians believe! Just believe everything in God's word, and when that is actually done, we will find it impossible to not go out there and share our faith constantly, and develop the innumerable spiritual gifts that have been given to each of us.

That is when the scripture will be fulfilled in our lives about being totally victorious over sin in our thoughts and actions, all the time. That is when we will be powerful spiritually, and the damned will see it and respond to it, one way or the other. It is not uncommon for the unsaved to just walk up to me (and my friends), and state that we are different and that they can see spiritual power in us. Some start calling out that we are men of God. Some assiduously avoid us. But that's what happened to Christ and His apostles, isn't it! And Christ said that we'd be the same way, and do the same things. I could sit here for hours and tell stories of incredible things, but they wouldn't be believed by most. As Christ said, they don't believe what is before them, because they don't believe the scriptures, even though they state that they are children of God and love the scriptures. Christ is always right, it seems. So we are to expect these things, He said.

Few indeed it seems actually have this life in Christ.

If a person doesn't have it, either they are relatively new in Christ or they do not have Christ, even though they believe that they do. Otherwise, they are correct and Christ and the scriptures are wrong. I cannot accept that option.

Anyhow, blessings on you. Have a great week. For what's left of it!

a3m24ie

Oct 10, 2010
Wow. We believe so alike--I LOVE it! (And it's based on the Word, not on our opinions) I believe we can have all the gifts too! (only saying "can" not "do" because not all of us take hold of them all and practice them) I guess what I meant by putting up this post was to ask Christians who have gone before me about how they use their giftings so I can learn from them. I definitely agree that practice is always the best way to grow! Sometimes it's good to hear how others have been used by God.
I do though want to encourage you to share your stories... Just because some or even most won't believe them doesn't mean we should conceal them. It can only bring glory to God! So please share! I would be so excited to hear your stories! I'll share mine, you share yours, maybe others will share theirs... it would be AMAZING! That's so cool how people call out that you are men of God!! It makes me think of the story of the woman with the spirit.. haha.. oh well. As long as SOMEONE gets it...

So.. don't worry what others do or don't believe... post to encourage those who do believe and bring glory to God :)

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Since the source of the gift is the Holy Spirit, I suggest reading His book; the Bible.
I've found it to be an excellent resource for encouragment and exhortation.

I'm not trying to be a wise guy here.

Gifts of the Holy Spirit are gentle, fragile and extremely powerful when used as He directs and intends.
They are given at the Lord's discretion for His purposes and are not something which we possess.
We cannot rightly say we have one, but we can indeed be grateful if we've had the priviledge of knowing and using one.

It is not an argument of symantics to say that one does not properly "have" a spiritual gift.
Such 'gifts' are given at a time and place when they can be properly passed along or 'given out'.
They are rather like a gentle breeze which cools a heated brow; no one knows where it comes from or where it will go - but all benefit from its passage.