Did Abraham ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Abraham worship idols ?

Is it assumptive or do we have facts ?

I thought he did, just because I thought I heard that he did or read it somewhere.
I haven't as for now have found it in the scriptures, unless assuming.

It seem to read he was 75 years old when God called him and Abram believed.

Laban and Rachel seem interested in images, Laban's Gods.(Abraham nephew)Gen.31
Rebekah was Laban sister, Isaac's wife.

What information do you have on this ?

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
Bible_Gazer said:

Facts:

Joshua told all the people, “Here is what the Lord God of Israel says: ‘In the distant past your ancestors lived beyond the Euphrates River, including Terah the father of Abraham and Nahor. They (including Abraham) worshiped other gods, but I took your father Abraham from beyond the Euphrates and brought him into the entire land of Canaan. I made his descendants numerous; I gave him Isaac. Josh 24:2,3

Its interesting that Terah did not continue to worship idols as per Gen 31:53.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
Purity:
Joshua told all the people, “Here is what the Lord God of Israel says: ‘In the distant past your ancestors lived beyond the Euphrates River, including Terah the father of Abraham and Nahor. They (including Abraham) worshiped other gods, but I took your father Abraham from beyond the Euphrates and brought him into the entire land of Canaan. I made his descendants numerous; I gave him Isaac. Josh 24:2,3
And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

The scripture doesn't specifically include Abraham.

Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah ... and they served other gods.

Your fathers ... served other gods.

And notes that Terah was the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor.

This is information added to "Terah", the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor, because Nachor isn't a part of Your fathers: Nachor wasn't a father of the children of Israel.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purity said:
Facts:

Its interesting that Terah did not continue to worship idols as per Gen 31:53.
I thought I read it somewhere.
Thanks

Gen.31:53 it looks as if Jacob feared Issac's God which was his also.
It was Laban who said their God.
Laban may have thought their Idols. ??
Humm !

John 8:32

Jan 6, 2012

I thought he did, just because I thought I heard that he did or read it somewhere.
I haven't as for now have found it in the scriptures, unless assuming.

It seem to read he was 75 years old when God called him and Abram believed.

Laban and Rachel seem interested in images, Laban's Gods.(Abraham nephew)Gen.31
Rebekah was Laban sister, Isaac's wife.

What information do you have on this ?
No!

Gen 26:5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Purity

May 20, 2013
Melbourne
IBeMe said:
And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor: and they served other gods.

The scripture doesn't specifically include Abraham.

Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah ... and they served other gods.

Your fathers ... served other gods.

And notes that Terah was the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor.

This is information added to "Terah", the father of Abraham, and the father of Nachor, because Nachor isn't a part of Your fathers: Nachor wasn't a father of the children of Israel.

So you also assume Abraham was not raised in Terah's house?