Did Jesus have a limitation to the Holy Spirit before being Baptized?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people don't give it a second thought. Jesus the Man as God becomes the full Holy Trinity. His ministry began. He could have been crucified from any point afterwards to save us from our sins.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people don't give it a second thought. Jesus the Man as God becomes the full Holy Trinity. His ministry began. He could have been crucified from any point afterwards to save us from our sins.

It's true the main reason Christ came was to die for our sins, but he also had to fulfil the Law of Moses completely in order to enact the New Covenant, that the Law might be fulfilled in us by faith.

That's what Christ was doing for some 3 years, fulfilling the Law in every single detail!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was the Baptism just for show or did it actually mean something?

Does Baptism mean to be inclothed with (power)?

Is it illegal to think about what it means for Christ to be Man? Are we saying there couldn't be limitations to the Holy Trinity while a Human before Baptism? The situation called for a special case in order to die for our sins, no?

Christ was born a Human Baby. How is a Human Baby still the Holy Trinity without Baptism? Christ is still Himself (God), but I think there was a limitation in comparison to after Baptism with the Holy Spirit.

Interesting question for which I do not know if there is an adequate answer.

Jesus was God even while human, so He did not need the infilling of the spirit (AFAIK) However He was baptized to fill all righteousness and He was anointed to do His ministry.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Did Jesus have a limitation to the Holy Spirit before being Baptized?

I'm not really sure what you're asking here but scripture tells us that after his baptism when he came out of the water he was filled with the Holy Spirit, So after he had been filled with the Holy Spirit he was led by the Holy Spirit into the desert where he was tempted by Satan but resisted. Then we are told that he returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit which gave him his authority

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is considering what it means for God to become man. We are arguing about 30 years. Of course the Holy Trinity is in full force today. Jesus rejoined with Baptism ..otherwise He could have just shown up here without being born a human.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is considering what it means for God to become man. We are arguing about 30 years. Of course the Holy Trinity is in full force today. Jesus rejoined with Baptism ..otherwise He could have just shown up here without being born a human.

Not following you Joe. What exactly does "Jesus rejoined with Baptism" mean?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not following you Joe. What exactly does "Jesus rejoined with Baptism" mean?

Christ is The Father's representation. I don't see a reason for them to be distinct as far as their Spirit goes. The Holy Spirit can be seen as distinct from Them.

I think it is a difference in dimensions. God the Father is in higher dimensions while still connected to the same Spirit as Christ in our dimensions. ..like the reverse of an iceberg poking out of the sea.

The price of God becoming Man was temporarily disconnecting from the Holy Spirit until Baptism. I don't know if it was a total disconnect, but there was some kind of difference before and after Baptism.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is The Father's representation. I don't see a reason for them to be distinct as far as their Spirit goes. The Holy Spirit can be seen as distinct from Them.

I think it is a difference in dimensions. God the Father is in higher dimensions while still connected to the same Spirit as Christ in our dimensions. ..like the reverse of an iceberg poking out of the sea.

The price of God becoming Man was temporarily disconnecting from the Holy Spirit until Baptism. I don't know if it was a total disconnect, but there was some kind of difference before and after Baptism.

According to the Jewish law, a priest could not begin his ministry until 30 yrs. old, this is why Christ began His ministry at that age.

Actually the scripture doesn't give us enough information about Christ to know the difference between His life before and after His baptism. We have some scripture when He was 12 yrs. old, but that's not much to go on other than He was subject to His parents and found favor with God and man.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or course God could have made the connection to the Holy Spirit at birth, but the date of the Baptism was on purpose.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe it wasn't a good idea to have the full power of the Holy Trinity in a child. Maybe a human child can't handle that, even if it is Jesus. These flesh bags are limiting.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or course God could have made the connection to the Holy Spirit at birth, but the date of the Baptism was on purpose.

Of course this is all conjecture, but it is my opinion that when Mary conceived by the Holy Spirit, He never left.

Reactions: Pearl

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Did Jesus use The Father and Holy Spirit to perform the miracles while He was a Man? Was this necessary to die for all sins?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shema...

Hear oh Israel,
The Lord, The Lord God is one.

Jesus is not the Holy Spirit but He is God.
The Holy Spirit is not Jesus but He is God.
The Father is not Jesus or the Holy Spirit but He is God.

It's not a pantheon of Gods...but ONE God.

Plural in magestey but One God.

It's not complicated unless some unbeliever tries to make it so...as if he can really understand ALL of God. (What a joke that person is)

It's not complicated? LOL You contradict yourself in almost every sentence. The LORD God is one.

'For us, there is one God, the Father'
1 Corinthians 8:6

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:7
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Did Jesus use The Father and Holy Spirit to perform the miracles while He was a Man? Was this necessary to die for all sins?

I've seen several different ideas as to what Christ emptied Himself of, how He lived His life as man and as God at the same time.

I believe there are several times in scripture where it is evident that Christ didn't know exactly what was around the next corner. It is my opinion that what He did know came directly from the Holy Spirit, miracles included.

I also believe that if Christ did not empty Himself of His power as God and depend on the Holy Spirit, He could not have experienced life as a man. He would have been a fake, an imposter.

He was man just as we are man, but without sin. At the same time, He never and could never empty Himself of His Deity.

Even though He was a man, He was at the same time God!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could The Holy Spirit have been with Jesus before Baptism, but not entangled with Christ's Spirit until the event?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or the opposite?

Was Christ's Spirit always entangled with the Holy Spirit, but Baptism entangled the Holy Spirit to the physical human body of Jesus?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Could The Holy Spirit have been with Jesus before Baptism, but not entangled with Christ's Spirit until the event?

These questions are designed by satan to make people doubt their faith and doubt Gods word just like in the garden.
You are doing the devils work by making people doubt the very core doctrines of their faith. I rebuke you.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These questions are designed by satan to make people doubt their faith and doubt Gods word just like in the garden.
You are doing the devils work by making people doubt the very core doctrines of their faith. I rebuke you.

Yeah, shoot the guy that wants to make a bigger deal about Jesus's Baptism.