Did Jesus have a limitation to the Holy Spirit before being Baptized?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or the guy who wants to minimize his triunity with the Holy Spirit.

I don't think you saw what was right underneath that post:

Or the opposite?

Was Christ's Spirit always entangled with the Holy Spirit, but Baptism entangled the Holy Spirit to the physical human body of Jesus?

This is completely inline with whatever you believe. Are you going to cry about the Holy Spirit not being part of the physical human body until Baptism? Seriously? Is that going to make you doubt something?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I don't think you saw what was right underneath that post:

Or the opposite?

Was Christ's Spirit always entangled with the Holy Spirit, but Baptism entangled the Holy Spirit to the physical human body of Jesus?

This is completely inline with whatever you believe. Are you going to cry about the Holy Spirit not being part of the physical human body until Baptism? Seriously? Is that going to make you doubt something?

It won't make me doubt anything.
You are attempting to make weaker believers doubt.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretty sure God is a Spirit. A God Spirit in a man is complicated. The Baptism was not for show.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, shoot the guy that wants to make a bigger deal about Jesus's Baptism.

The focus should be on what He did on the Cross and His resurrection. He defeated Satan and made it possible for man to be in relationship with God again through Christ.

He took from Satan the rites of ownership of the souls of men and gave us victory over death, hell, and the grave by faith in Him.

This is what you should be making a big deal over! He did it all for us that we might have life forever in His presence, rather than what we deserve, everlasting punishment in hell!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Christ had to become Man with His own Spirit. That makes a Man worthy of the ultimate sacrifice. It wasn't necessary for the physical body that Christ's Spirit was in to be particularly special at birth. The Baptism made it ready for what He was here to do.

Angels came to strengthen Him, He was a Man with God's Spirit in Him.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a reason Jesus couldn't have become immortal at Baptism? Did He stop aging after Baptism? Baptism was foretold in the Old Testament. It is monumental. It was a key event that needs its own Holiday.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply take solace and peace in what JESUS Did for us . There simply is no need to over think things .
This is how we can find ourselves in serious error .
Just take good heart in all that HE did . Let us follow His example , learning the biblical Jesus well .

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Spirit is free to be in the Holy Trinity at the Birth of Jesus. It's the body I'm talking about.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Pretty sure God is a Spirit. A God Spirit in a man is complicated. The Baptism was not for show.
Correct, not just for show but to fulfill all righteousness.

Jesus didn't have any sin to repent of, and it makes little sence he would be baptised into his own eventual death in order make him more righteous...

The only righteousness he needed was fulfillment of certain rituals meant for ordination of priests. Leviticus 8:6

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Spirit was in control of the Baby. It doesn't mean the body itself was Devine yet.

JESUS IS ALWAYS GOD. I'm talking about the human body. The physical brain is a playback device. Jesus is using His Spirit to think.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Body became Devine at Baptism, He was ready to take on the Cross from that point forward.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God bother making John the Baptist if Jesus could have just done it Himself or picked someone random?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Spirit was in control of the Baby. It doesn't mean the body itself was Devine yet.

JESUS IS ALWAYS GOD. I'm talking about the human body. The physical brain is a playback device. Jesus is using His Spirit to think.
ERROR, he, in Spirit, was G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') just like you and me. supportive scriptures, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"
Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
Philippians 2:8 "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

and NO, that natural body was just as your and mine, NATURAL.

The Body became Devine at Baptism, He was ready to take on the Cross from that point forward.
another ERROR, this was the whole purpose in taking on human flesh ..... to die a natural death, which is the first death. that natural body is no more, but the now GLORIFIED, RESURRECTED, this now is his body from now on.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God bother making John the Baptist if Jesus could have just done it Himself or picked someone random?
answer, he is the other witness, .... as in the TWO WITNESS. Deuteronomy 19:15 "One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established."

John the Baptist and the Lord Jesus as a man, are the TWO WITNESS.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a rule somewhere that says His physical body must be Devine the entire time? Jesus still gets to be God controlling the human body.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus Anointed at Baptism? Then why are we claiming there was a connection to the Holy Spirit of the Human Side beforehand?

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's Spirit is the Holy Trinity but for Christ to become Man ..there was a compromise. The Holy Spirit was Jesus, but that doesn't mean His physical body was Anointed at Birth. Jesus didn't need the Holy Spirit for His soul, He needed it for His vessel ..to start His Mission.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the dove if the anointing didn't matter? An infinite God became man to die for sins. If God's body was pre-anointed ..then He could have just shown up here instead of being born.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, not just for show but to fulfill all righteousness.

Jesus didn't have any sin to repent of, and it makes little sence he would be baptised into his own eventual death in order make him more righteous...

The only righteousness he needed was fulfillment of certain rituals meant for ordination of priests. Leviticus 8:6
It really is quite simple my friend .
Everything JESUS did , was for the sake of the people . He came to earth to do what no man could . To fullfill
the entire righteous commands of GOD , THEN become the sacrifice for sin as well .
I mean , How can GOD become more righteous than HE already IS . JESUS DID ALL , for that was the WILL of the FATHER
for the sake of the world , that all who do believe will be saved . OH bask in the beauty of the glorious LORD my friend .
I know , i keep it simple . OH but my joy is FAT in the LORD .