Did Jesus really mean that Muslims or Hindus would go to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange, that I never thought of the Outer Darkness that way. But I stand by my original sleep-deprived thought: In the end, God illumines everything, and there is no darkness.

The Light shines in the Darkness, and the Darkness did not overcome it.

- John1:5
Because someone is burning in hell....it does not mean that there is any light. We see fire as giving off light. But the physics of it is that not all flames of heat give off light. And the absence of God would be darkness. And it is what Christ describes, both fire and darkness.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as there were blameless, righteous people at peace with God under the law of Moses before the revelation of the gospel of Jesus (Luke 1:6), there are righteous people at peace with God who were under the law of nature and conscience while in this life.

Blameless doesn't mean they never sinned. It means they were aware of their sin through whatever avenue of revelation that was available to them and they found forgiveness and peace with God and turned away from that unrighteousness. Just because they didn't have the specific knowledge of the blood and body of Christ through which God can forgive people doesn't mean they could not be forgiven if they turned to God in sorrow and repentance (i.e. King David).
The unsaved dont know God, they worship demons.
To know God and His Son Christ is eternal life. To not know them is eternal death. Christ calls such people, the ones He does not know, workers of iniquity (evil).
1 John 5:2
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
1 John 5:19
And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

John 17
King James Version
17 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus does not know as in have a relationship with those who do not believe in Him, but they claimed to be doing the works of God, but they were liars.
Matthew 7:22-23
King James Version
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The unbelieving gentile religions are based on demon worship, not the worship of God.
This was also true in the Old Testament times. Many scriptures attest to these false gods of the nations, that the heathens worshipped.

They break one of the main commandments, they are disobedient.

1 Corinthians 10
20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

Exodus 20
1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Psalm 96:5 For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the Lord made the heavens.

The Islamic god is the not the Lord God who makes all things, and neither does the Islamic god have a son or sons.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So much hate in the name of Love...

This pretty much sums up the way all of you think. Didn't anyone read my post about Love being the Way, the Truth and the Life, not Jesus in his human expression?

Did anyone try to understand John 10:16?

Isn't there anyone to acknowledge that the way we love is more important than the way we think? Well if people like you go to Heaven, I hope I'll make it to a different mansion (John 14:2) where I get to spend Eternity with loving people, whatever their religion is.

What you have said is that faith in Jesus is irrelevant. All that matters is love. I don't find that in my scriptures and homosexuals claim they are loving.