Did Jesus return around 70 AD?

  • Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

    You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SeekTruth

New Member
Oct 6, 2026
7
0
1
Kabul
Faith
Christian
Country
Afghanistan
Gender
Male
I know this is a controversial matter. I know that many here are now going to call it pathetic, but honestly after I read the New Testament - and am simply objective - it is like the New Testament wants to tell me that Jesus returned around 70 AD. That the Beast was Rome and Babylon was Jerusalem. But somehow this is also confusing.
 

SeekTruth

New Member
Oct 6, 2026
7
0
1
Kabul
Faith
Christian
Country
Afghanistan
Gender
Male
I am not stating that i blieve so. I am just stating that it gives me this impression.
 

Davidpt

Well-Known Member
Dec 6, 2023
2,848
907
113
68
East Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this is a controversial matter. I know that many here are now going to call it pathetic, but honestly after I read the New Testament - and am simply objective - it is like the New Testament wants to tell me that Jesus returned around 70 AD. That the Beast was Rome and Babylon was Jerusalem. But somehow this is also confusing.

Are you hoping someone will talk you into it? Or are you hoping someone will talk you out of it entirely?

If by Rome you are meaning Nero, and that the beast can be named, this should logically mean the 2nd beast can be named as well. So what was the name of the false prophet that worked hand in hand with Nero, assuming he is the beast. Can't have a first beast without there also being a 2nd beast. Unless John lied to us in Revelation 13.

Think of it like Batman and Robin. No one only knows of Batman but never heard of Robin. Use the same logic. If they know the beast, they also know who his partner in crime is. Who was it that was connected to Nero like Robin is connected to Batman, that is meaning the false prophet?
 
  • Like
Reactions: TLHKAJ and marks

claninja

Active Member
Dec 11, 2022
742
145
43
the south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gender
Male
I know this is a controversial matter. I know that many here are now going to call it pathetic, but honestly after I read the New Testament - and am simply objective - it is like the New Testament wants to tell me that Jesus returned around 70 AD. That the Beast was Rome and Babylon was Jerusalem. But somehow this is also confusing.

Which parts of the NT, after a simple honest reading, seem to point to Christ returning in the first century?