Did you know? (fun & interesting facts)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wikipedia contradicts what his close friend Ken Gullickson and others say about Lonnie, that even though he was molested when he was young, and apparently did have his struggles, he was not gay. He died a married man.
There is a rumor that he was infected with the HIV virus by the CIA as a way of discrediting the anti-Viet Nam war movement.
There is much said about this man that may or may not be true. Instead, I focus on what God did with him. He was a nobody that God used greatly.
Jesus loves gays.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wikipedia contradicts what his close friend Ken Gullickson and others say about Lonnie, that even though he was molested when he was young, and apparently did have his struggles, he was not gay. He died a married man.
There is a rumor that he was infected with the HIV virus by the CIA as a way of discrediting the anti-Viet Nam war movement.
There is much said about this man that may or may not be true. Instead, I focus on what God did with him. He was a nobody that God used greatly.
Jesus loves gays.

The good is what I saw too. I know that is what I would want people to remember of me.

Reactions: Truman

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a fact (it is not a fun one but it is very real); Not everyone is a child of God.

Have you ever heard someone say oh we are all children of God? That is actually not true. We are all creations of God; but to become a child of God one must accept the spirit of Adoption, that comes from believing in the good news Gospel.

We have to receive Jesus to become a child of God, which is a choice we must make, since His own that He came for refused to receive Him, John 1:11, but those who DO receive Him, become Gods Children, John 1:12.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A reservoir in space holds 140 trillion times the amount of water in Earth's oceans.

Armadillos swallow air to become buoyant when they swim.

The majority of polar bears live in Canada—not in the Arctic.

The word "muscle" comes from a Latin term meaning "little mouse."

Where do the bi-polar bears live?

• Haha
Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always wondered how high birds could fly. well, the winner is the Rüppell's Griffon Vulture which can go to 37,000 Feet, as high as a commercial airliner. But there are many (e.g. eagles and birds of prey) that can fly in the 10,000 to 20,000 feet region as well; it's not just this one vulture that goes higher than the rest. The well-known and common Mallard Duck can reach an altitude of 21,000 feet. This is not to say that these birds always fly that high (a Mallard while migrating typically flies 200-4000 feet). But they are capable of reaching high altitudes. I always said they have one heck of a respiratory system reaching heights where there's just a fraction of the atmospheric pressure.

Birds have a flow-through lung system, which is needed for their high oxygen demands from flight - whereas we, and dinosaurs such as theropods, have a bellows lung - which is why birds didn’t evolve from theropod dinosaurs, BTW.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A 4 year old boy stopped peddling his trike and gazed thoughtfully at the sky.

Perhaps he was interested in the white clouds and their shapes, his mother thought as she watched him from the house.

Later that day, at meal time, the boy was still quite thoughtful.

Then came the question that was on his mind: "I know we are in the world, and I know the world is in the Universe, but what is the Universe in?"

Reactions: Nancy and Truman

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I needed this thread, the debate threads are destroying my spirituality.
funny-animal-facts

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A 4 year old boy stopped peddling his trike and gazed thoughtfully at the sky.

Perhaps he was interested in the white clouds and their shapes, his mother thought as she watched him from the house.

Later that day, at meal time, the boy was still quite thoughtful.

Then came the question that was on his mind: "I know we are in the world, and I know the world is in the Universe, but what is the Universe in?"
The universe is in...finite.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know: Experiments in universities have actually been carried out to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop, both with machine and human lickers (because this is important scientific knowledge!). The results ranged from 252 to 411. (tootsie.com)

• Haha
Reactions: TLHKAJ