Difficult Questions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sojourner

Mar 29, 2008
TRUE or FALSE1. Jesus is God.2. The one true God is the Triune God.3. Jesus is that God.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Sojourner;44214)
TRUE or FALSE1. Jesus is God.2. The one true God is the Triune God.3. Jesus is that God.
True, true, and true. Jesus is the second "Person" of the Godhead.

Sojourner

Mar 29, 2008
(Jon-Marc;44215)
True, true, and true. Jesus is the second "Person" of the Godhead.
TRUE or FALSE1. Jesus is God.2. The one true God is the Triune God.3. Jesus is that God.So Jesus is that one Triune God?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Sojourner;44373)
TRUE or FALSE1. Jesus is God.2. The one true God is the Triune God.3. Jesus is that God.So Jesus is that one Triune God?
Can you explain God? I cannot. God has always existed, although that's beyond my comprehension. He is a triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus is not the ONLY One, but He IS God. Without all Three, there would be no TRIUNE God--just a God. There is only ONE God, and the Three are One. Easy to say but impossible to understand. Our finite minds can't possibly hope to comprehend an infinite God. Either we accept Him by faith, or we do not. We don't have to understand Him in order to know and trust Him.

Sojourner

Mar 29, 2008
(Jon-Marc;44455)
Can you explain God? I cannot. God has always existed, although that's beyond my comprehension. He is a triune God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus is not the ONLY One, but He IS God. Without all Three, there would be no TRIUNE God--just a God. There is only ONE God, and the Three are One. Easy to say but impossible to understand. Our finite minds can't possibly hope to comprehend an infinite God. Either we accept Him by faith, or we do not. We don't have to understand Him in order to know and trust Him.
So.... you cannot comprehend your own reasoning?

Kimshi42

Dec 27, 2007
To the OP:It sounds like you're argument baiting. If not, I apologize. If so, stop. Believe what you believe and let us do the same.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
(Sojourner;44214)
1. True.2. True.3. False.Jesus is not the "that God". Jesus is one of the three persons who make up to Triune God. He is a distinct person fulfilling different functions from God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.Since you know the existence of the Trinity by your second statement and your third statement is a deliberate contradiction of this you are trolling which is considered bad netiquette.If you have a problem with the Trinity say so, instead of trying to lure someone into arguments.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Sojourner;44214)
The answer to all is true.Let me answer this from what I know about myself who is created in God's image and exact model.1. My body is Tim2. The one true Tim is a triune Tim (lets say body, mind and spirit)3. The body is that Tim.Yes, they all seem true to me.Now as for your last question (using myself instead).
Which Tim is he?
Gee.... The body is Tim, the mind is Tim and the spirit is Tim, or again,Tim is his body, Tim is also his mind, and Tim is his spirit.Always look at the models that God made in creation to answer these questions.... I trust that you can easily see that you and I are the same and are all three, not unless you are half..... er, I should say one third the person you used to be.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Dunamite;44572)
1. True.2. True.3. False.Jesus is not the "that God". Jesus is one of the three persons who make up to Triune God. He is a distinct person fulfilling different functions from God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.Since you know the existence of the Trinity by your second statement and your third statement is a deliberate contradiction of this you are trolling which is considered bad netiquette.If you have a problem with the Trinity say so, instead of trying to lure someone into arguments.
there is only one God not three I think Nyoka, explained this best look at the egg three parts shell,white, yolk but one eggwe are also made in the image of God we are Body, mind and soul three parts one person God is the same but each part contains the fullness of God

Sojourner

Mar 29, 2008
(tim_from_pa;44804)
The answer to all is true.Let me answer this from what I know about myself who is created in God's image and exact model.1. My body is Tim2. The one true Tim is a triune Tim (lets say body, mind and spirit)3. The body is that Tim.Yes, they all seem true to me.
That seems to say that the body of Tim is a triune Tim.That doesn't work does it?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Sojourner;45614)
That seems to say that the body of Tim is a triune Tim.That doesn't work does it?
In a manner of speaking, yes. We are body, soul, and spirit--three in one. Of course, that is not like God where each One can be separate even while they are also ONE.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thats what makes God ...God he is not bound by or flesh I know I gave you this on your other post but I still think its an excellentway to think of it that is as an egg three parts,shell, white,yolk but one Egg you can seperate each part and its still one Eggthanks Nyoka:)

Sojourner

Mar 29, 2008
(Jon-Marc;45779)
In a manner of speaking, yes. We are body, soul, and spirit--three in one. Of course, that is not like God where each One can be separate even while they are also ONE.
You just affirmed that the body is the body, soul and spirit.That doesn't even make sense.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
Ok....So how about someone explain the nature of infinity?That in itself is extremely difficultSo how do you think that God (who is an infinite Being) will be easy to explain?The problem with comparing God with objects is that God is infinite and objects are finite. For instance take the egg.The egg is made of three PARTS which make a whole. However, God is three wholes which ... strangely enough... make a whole. That does not make sense to our finite minds. Our finite minds understand finite things which exist in space-time.God however is an infinite being who exists outside of time (and space and matter). Why would it be absurd for an infinite being who exists outside of this universe to be three persons who is one person?This is what I really want to say about this (I'm not going to compare God to a finite object or even a finite person)"The teaching of the Bible concerning the Trinity might be summarized thus. God is a Tri-unity, with each Person of the Godhead equally and fully and eternally God. Each is necessary, and each is distinct, and yet all are one. The three Persons appear in a logical, causal order. The Father is the unseen, omnipresent Source of all being, revealed in and by the Son, experienced in and by the Holy Spirit. The Son proceeds from the Father, and the Spirit from the Son. With reference to God's creation, the Father is the Thought behind it, the Son is the Word calling it forth, and the Spirit is the Deed making it a reality."source: [url="http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t002.html]http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t002.html[/url]

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
The fact is christianity is called a religon for a reason. As it can not be scientifically proven or comprehended. How can we possibly comprehend of a God who knows of all things and has never been created? How can we possibly comprehend God coming down to earth as man? How can we possibly comprehend anybody rising from the dead? How can we comprehend the trinity? we cannot. God will reveal these things to us in time, but while were on earth these matters do not belong to logical reasoning but faith. Therefore Yes all three of your statements are correct, But I will not waste my time trying to explain it because I cannot. Nobody can. I will pray that God will grant you the faith to believe in the trinity your brother in christRyan Fitz