Discernment

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i mean, we got a list of the attributes a nation that is following God will manifest;
we could Quote it and then do a little comparo to the US if you guys want?

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
well, you can say that, but you might be surprised; if you look for differences, you find differences.
Look for similarities and you find similarities
For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth--as there are many "gods" and many "lords"

For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even
found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god.
Yes and he proceeded to introduce them to the Only Way of Salvation, Jesus.

It doesn't matter how similar they are, if they are not recognising Jesus as Lord and Saviour then they are false pathways leading away from God.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
says the guy who backs Christians interfering in duly elected governments and playing World Police?

Where have I said that.

The west, whether America, or europe isn't interested in world conquest, if you said commercial supremacy I'd agree with you.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discernment is a gift from God. As a spirit filled believer I actually believe, know that I do not have to consider beforehand what I shall speak in any situation. As I remain close Him I am certain that He will supply every bit of speech and knowledge that is required.

It depends in no way upon any natural talent, education, experience or credentials we may or may not have. So the excellency of the gift is always plainly from Him. That is except for those deceived puffed up individuals that seek to skim off part of the glory for themselves.

For who regards you as superior? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
1 Corinthians 4:7 NASB

Discernment allows us to see this glory theft in others we hear that are supposedly speaking in His name. TV preachers and teachers are some of the most common glory seekers.

The gift of discernment will move
1. Instantly
2. With total assurance.

The gift of discernment and the gift of word(s) of knowledge often work simultaneously.

All spiritual gifts are for use in love. Period. Once as I stood by the door of our church a young man stormed by me in anger. I caught him and began to speak with him. He was the boyfriend of a young woman that was attending there. As he went by me obviously agitated and angered the Lord through discernment of spirits and word of knowlege showed me in an instant what was going on. During the service an evil spirit of condemnation began to speak to him with all kinds of lies and condemnations. Not being wise to the Devil's ploys he received those lies and felt hopeless regarding his situation. The Holy Spirit allowed me to speak peacefully to him and tell him what was going down spiritually. His peace returned and he was restored from the enemy's attack.

This is an example of the workings of the spiritual gifts of God. For love and restoration. Not for fleshly puffing up. Love covers the multitude of sins.

That the gifts of the spirit move by will of the Holy Spirit and not by natural abilities are shown in a testimony by Corrie Ten Boom. Corrie started different groups of young girls in prayer and bible study. Some were special and learning disadvantaged from birth. Even so the wonderful things some of them said made it plain that the Holy Spirit operated freely through their innocent hearts.

Corrie asked one such girl whaf was the difference between a preacher and a prophet. The girl answered "a preacher stands with his back to God and His face toward the people. A prophet stands with his back to the people and his face toward God".

What a powerful answer that could only have come from God!

In discernment the important things are aways;

1. We are totally dependent upon Him.
2. His strength is made perfect in weakness
3. We must needs leave the burden upon Him
4. Discernment will instantly cause you to know a thing or things that you did not know a micro second before.
5. Discernment will always move in love and never in judgement.

As we are told in James as a wonderful guide.

The discernment /wisdom from above is;

1. First pure
2. Then peaceable
3. Gentle
4. Easy to implement
5. Full of mercy
6. Full of good fruits
7. With no hypocrisy
8. With no partiality

James 3:17 KJVS
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that is one characterization, yes, but not the only one. The most self-serving one certainly
It doesn't matter how similar they are, if they are not recognising Jesus as Lord and Saviour then they are false pathways leading away from God.
again that is your impression, but then you have to recognize that you have defined Jesus according to your terms, iow what you really mean here is that they have to accept your Jesus, right? Muslims (for example) are cautioned to follow Christ or be doomed anyway, see, yet they are rejected nonetheless, isn't that right? Every spirit that admits Christ has come in the flesh notwithstanding, apparently

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
that is one characterization, yes, but not the only one. The most self-serving one certainly
again that is your impression, but then you have to recognize that you have defined Jesus according to your terms, iow what you really mean here is that they have to accept your Jesus, right? Muslims (for example) are cautioned to follow Christ or be doomed anyway, see, yet they are rejected nonetheless, isn't that right? Every spirit that admits Christ has come in the flesh notwithstanding, apparently

I didn't write the bible, nor have I influenced Christianity to believe that there is only one way to God.

It is what the bible teaches, that there is only one name under heaven by which we must be saved.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It is what the bible teaches, that there is only one name under heaven by which we must be saved.
ok, so what has been translated to you as "name" could maybe be better characterized as "authority" or even "dominion," if i remember right...
Strong's Greek: 3686. ὄνομα (onoma) -- a name, authority, cause

yes; even "character" would be better than "name" there, bc now you are prompted to disregard anything that is not "Jesus" right, when Christ has many Names, all the same authority.

For instance Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God
see, no claiming Jesus there at all. Does that mean that peacemakers don't need Christ?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I didn't write the bible, nor have I influenced Christianity to believe that there is only one way to God.
i understand that, the influence--the fixx--was in long before you sought God. So you may not have influenced Christianity, but you do repeat what Christianity has taught you so far,
and there is nothing wrong with that either imo, you are obviously conscientious and seeking God.

Now tell me why peacemakers do not need Jesus, and we will be in agreement :)